Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Access Denial For User Root - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Access Denial For User Root (1145 Views)

Knowband Magento Review Reminder And Incentives: Ask For User Review And Ratings / Set Background Color Of Root View In React Native / Xampp Server User Please Come In And Assist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Denial For User Root by Boschh(m): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello,

I am having issues with a website I'm trying to host. Actually it's a script and I've uploaded all the necessary files to public_HTML folder on my cpanel, I've also changed permissions of settings.php and that of tmpl_c folder to 666 and 777..

Problem is, When I try to load my webpage after running install.php, it throws this error:

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

What could be the problem??

Note that I have already created a Database and also a User and granted all necessary privileges..

Please respond to this..
Re: Access Denial For User Root by Duchman67: 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
The script database connection is wrong. Find out where that connection string is and check the username/password.
Re: Access Denial For User Root by webapi: 2:22am On Jun 14, 2018
Boschh:
Hello,

I am having issues with a website I'm trying to host. Actually it's a script and I've uploaded all the necessary files to public_HTML folder on my cpanel, I've also changed permissions of settings.php and that of tmpl_c folder to 666 and 777..

Problem is, When I try to load my webpage after running install.php, it throws this error:

Note that I have already created a Database and also a User and granted all necessary privileges..

Please respond to this..
There should be an sql file in the package. Upload it to your database through phpmyadmin. Then go to your file manager and look for where the config of the script is. Add all the necessary info like db_name, db_password and db_username. Do that and try again. If you still face the same issue, then pm me
Re: Access Denial For User Root by Boschh(m): 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
webapi:

There should be an sql file in the package. Upload it to your database through phpmyadmin. Then go to your file manager and look for where the config of the script is. Add all the necessary info like db_name, db_password and db_username. Do that and try again. If you still face the same issue, then pm me

Okay bro..

Thanks for your insight on this.. I'll let you know once I try your method..
Re: Access Denial For User Root by webapi: 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2018
Boschh:

Okay bro..

Thanks for your insight on this.. I'll let you know once I try your method..
You're welcome
Re: Access Denial For User Root by abrahambest(m): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
Boschh:
Hello,

Please respond to this..

You need to add a password in ur db connection string.. Let us know eventually if u were able to resolve your problem

(1) (Reply)

My First Software: A Text Editor / Mobile App Developer Wanted / Join And Learn How To Make Money On A New Blog For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.