Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) (41788 Views)

This Campaign Advert Was Done In 1993 By MKO ABIOLA - Throwback Video / Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2018
Nebuchadnezar:
oops are you telling me that MKO doesn't deserve a federal university named after him just like almost all federal universities in the North is named after their heros?

so much love for MKO from his people grin
just say you're paid to hate Gej just like Tinubu and the rest.

Gej is the best president since democracy
Buhari is the worst president since mankind
kiss the truth
The are a number of southern federal universities that could have been named after MKO. e.g. Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE), Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) etc. sad But GEJ decided to ignore those ones, and chose to rename UNILAG out of his misguided sense of spite. Kiss the truth. Now, if my post offends you so much, you are free to faint in pain. No problem.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by ivandragon: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2018
if pmb renames unilag to sani abacha university lagos, some clowns will still come on here to state how pmb is a wise leader.

they will defend anything pmb, without rhyme or reason, devoid of logic...

GEJ increased price of fuel (after increasing minimum wage & ensuring single digit inflation) they screamed blue murder...

pmb increases fuel prices (in the midst of recession & double digit inflation) 'they' said it is OK.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
Nebuchadnezar:
and Buhari that awarded a mischievous award with election at hand have pure motive?

remind me who jailed abiola
and also remind me who's Buhari's idol grin

you guys keep justifying the word sophisticated morrons cheesy
Abacha jailed MKO Abiola. sad You are free to wake him up and ask him further questions, in this regard. And why is this matter causing you so much pain, that you are tagging it a "mischievous award?" Are you upset because it was not given to somebody from your community? Is that why you are calling yourself a "sophisticated moro'n?"

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Pavarottii(m): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
hisgrace090:

The west are really enjoying buhari.
The man just gave them open hand to enjoy everything out of his govt.

We the south east people supported gej out of sentiment without benefit, the west supported buhari for development and he is really giving it to them.

Fashola is busy building roads over there like no man business, all ongoing railway project today are those that will end in the south west etc.

The Yoruba's have a point in supporting buhari, the govt is theirs.
Please mention d road fashola is doing in d south west?
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Roger3D(m): 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2018
LochOtieno:
these guys are pure betrayal.....

they choose hausa fulani in place of Goodluck jonathan from south.

after every every they still backstabbed jonathan.

Gej knows the truth of people that love him in this country.

wike was aware that why he didn't give them bleeding space in the last conducted pdp congresses.
Ibo boy your English is horrible

12 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nebuchadnezar: 8:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
[s]
LaudableXX:

Abacha jailed MKO Abiola. sad You are free to wake him up and ask him further questions, in this regard. And why is this matter causing you so much pain, that you are tagging it a "mischievous award?" Are you upset because it was not given to somebody from your community? Is that why you are calling yourself a "sophisticated moro'n?"
[/s]
answer my questions and stop talking trash

who's Buhari's role model? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nebuchadnezar: 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
[s]
LaudableXX:

The are a number of southern federal universities that could have been named after MKO. e.g. Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE), Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) etc. sad But GEJ chose to ignore those ones and chose to rename UNILAG out of his misguided sense of spite. Kiss the truth. Now, if my post offends you so much, you are free to faint in pain. No problem.
[/s]
are you telling me that MKO was less important that he cannot be named after Almighty unilag grin
so much for a hero (beer) cheesy
sophisticated morrons seems to be more convenient for such thinkers grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nebuchadnezar: 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2018
[s]
OkutaNla:

E pain am. shocked The FACT remains that Buhari's gesture is more fitting and honourable than GEJ's. No reasonable person would dispute that. You are free to go and hang yourself if you are so pained about it dude. Ko kan aiye.
[/s]
lol
and they're crying that someone called them sophisticated morrons grin
what a people cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
Nebuchadnezar:
are you telling me that MKO was less important that he cannot be named after Almighty unilag grin
Come....are you a member of MKO's family? shocked Or why is this matter causing you such pain, that you can't think straight? And the way you keep chanting the phrase "sophisticated morrons," shows that the term must be part of your surname, not so?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 10:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
Nebuchadnezar:
answer my questions and stop talking trash

who's Buhari's role model? grin
Ask Buhari directly. Or are you afraid? shocked

11 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by shukuokukobambi: 10:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
Nebuchadnezar:
[s][/s]

And you want to compare MAULAG to having a whole national holiday in his honor in addition to GCFR and his family enjoying perks of the office as per Senate resolution? cheesy

You're indeed an unsophisticated morron cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nebuchadnezar: 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
[s]
LaudableXX:

Ask Buhari directly. Or are you afraid? shocked
[/s]
nope you're in the position for that
kiss the truth
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nebuchadnezar: 11:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
[s]
LaudableXX:

Come....are you a member of MKO's family? shocked Or why is this matter causing you such pain, that you can't think straight? And the way you keep chanting the phrase "sophisticated morrons," shows that the term must be part of your surname, not so?
[/s]
more trash
are you a yeroba Muslim sef?
i want to know if I'm talking to a real yeroba man cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 11:03pm On Jun 13, 2018
Nebuchadnezar:
nope you're in the position for that
kiss the truth
Nebuchadnezar:
more trash
are you a yeroba Muslim sef?
i want to know if I'm talking to a real yeroba man cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nebuchadnezar: 11:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
LaudableXX:
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond

grin
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by firo08(m): 11:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
jahsharon:
We now know who was and is still more powerful between Tinubu and Goatluck. Goatluck made a pronouncement on UNOLAG and Tinubu overruled it. Now, Buhari has made his pronouncement on June 12, even the Court cannot overrule it.
Just look how cheap and stupid you are calling goodluck Goatluck.
In every sense Tinubu cannot be president of this country.
By right or virtue Goodluck is an ex-president of this country.
sophisticated morons more like.
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by LaudableXX: 12:20am On Jun 14, 2018

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by fabre4: 4:13am On Jun 14, 2018
afroniger:
Well, I want to think that Tinubu's rejection of the Unilag name change paid-off and was well worth it because he was later able to bargain for a bigger and better honour for Abiola and June 12. undecided

"Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well".

I believe being named after a university is the highest honor you can get... just like OAU... maybe tinubu wanted UNILAG for himself seeing he may never get GCFR I thinks that was the reason for his disapproval not that he was doing MKO OR UNILAG any favor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by kotv: 4:32am On Jun 14, 2018
This entire replies on this topic proved one thing

Yorubas are really hypocrites. Such hateful people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by kotv: 4:43am On Jun 14, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

You this unsophisticated morron will never know peace cheesy

Only an idiot will equate renaming unilag to having a whole holiday in his honor plus GCFR plus recognition as president elect plus perks of the office as per Senate resolution plus the sweet tears of haters and bitter souls like you cheesy

Go and die with your MAULAG name. Is it by force? I prefer June 12 national holiday even if it's Satan that declared it cheesy

Did ojukwu reject abacha's appointment into 1996 constitutional conference? You will quench of this hate cheesy

Anyway, it's a good thing you succumbed to the fact that MKO deserves the honor wink

Which one of the award will trigger the future generation to research who MKO is and his contribution to the country, a day without any mention of his name or a school with his name.

Yorubas disagreed and rejected GEJ naming Unilag after MKO because of your people's hatred for him and any southern. Instead of this dogman excuses, you people need to start saying the truth.

There's no extra perks of anything from the Senate. The post ceremonial declaration is just that ceremonial. Since MKO was not officially given the presidency, he's not entitled to anything from the Senate and his family will not gain anything despite the ceremonial title. Yorubas need to stop decieving themselves with a ceremonial title. This entire debacle showed me Yorubas are not as smart as parade yourselves as. Just shameful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nebuchadnezar: 5:00am On Jun 14, 2018
[s]
shukuokukobambi:

You this unsophisticated morron will never know peace cheesy

Only an idiot will equate renaming unilag to having a whole holiday in his honor plus GCFR plus recognition as president elect plus perks of the office as per Senate resolution plus the sweet tears of haters and bitter souls like you cheesy

Go and die with your MAULAG name. Is it by force? I prefer June 12 national holiday even if it's Satan that declared it cheesy

Did ojukwu reject abacha's appointment into 1996 constitutional conference? You will quench of this hate cheesy

Anyway, it's a good thing you succumbed to the fact that MKO deserves the honor wink
[/s]
trash trash trash
at least everyone is not a bloody bigot like you
that's what separates humans and animals
it's left for you to know where you belong grin
abiola was a great man
my family voted for him and celebrated his pending winning
so you see what separates human from animals grin
you're indirectly telling us that unilag name is worth more than abiola cheesy
what an undying love from his supposed people

you guys only knows how to celebrate your heroes in death
fela, MKO and gani was all betrayed by their people when they're alive grin

sophisticated morrons is a good example to describe it cheesy

kiss the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by Nebuchadnezar: 5:00am On Jun 14, 2018
LaudableXX:
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond
Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by TGM2015: 5:36am On Jun 14, 2018
The simple fact is that since Abiola won the 1993 election even after his death, the Yoruba race request and struggle has been declared Abiola the winner (President) and June 12 be recognised as Democracy day. Abiola must be immortalised and given national honor, these were the struggle of Yorubas since 1993.

The question is did renaming of UNILAG meet any of those criteria?
Did Buhari's "creek gift" fulfilled ALL their request?

Your answer will show how foolish or wise your question and people reasoning in the same line of thoughts are.

3 Likes

Re: June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) by shukuokukobambi: 6:27am On Jun 14, 2018
kotv:

Which one of the award will trigger the future generation to research who MKO is and his contribution to the country, a day without any mention of his name or a school with his name.

Yorubas disagreed and rejected GEJ naming Unilag after MKO because of your people's hatred for him and any southern. Instead of this dogman excuses, you people need to start saying the truth.

There's no extra perks of anything from the Senate. The post ceremonial declaration is just that ceremonial. Since MKO was not officially given the presidency, he's not entitled to anything from the Senate and his family will not gain anything despite the ceremonial title. Yorubas need to stop decieving themselves with a ceremonial title. This entire debacle showed me Yorubas are not as smart as parade yourselves as. Just shameful

You're indeed a clown if you still don't know that a national holiday is a far more important recognition than MAULAG. So what will you tell your children about June, 10 years from now if they ask you? How will you tell the story without mentioning MKO?

Also, did MAULAG also include Gani? Have you read the interviews of Ndubuisi Kanu, Frank Kokori, Falana, Soyinka, Balarabe Musa, Sowore etc? You think June 12 is about MKO alone? Go and ask all those non yoruba I listed and let them tell you about June 12.You guys have always painted June 12 as a yoruba affair but this holiday cements it in its rightful place as a national affair whether you like it or not. Unife was changed to Awo University, how has it helped your fathers to tell a good story about the man?

You're not sensible and are devoid of wisdom if you really need me to explain all these to you. You can go and die with your MAULAG if you care. Your business

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Resumes School At Harvard University, Boston USA / Governor Ambode Hosts Kareem Waris Olamilekan (Photos) / Drama As Buhari Overrules Jega On Handover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.