Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) (59757 Views)

Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1973 Before He Grew White Hair / Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka With Other Nobel Laureates In 1986(throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Cowbuhari: 11:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
that means it is better we return to military govt cos democracy is the bane of high level of corruption in all instutions of Nigeria couple with poverty rate and infrastructural decay.
military days was not as bad as it his now

Bruv we ain't practicing democracy!! don't get it twisted, the military guys still run tha show 101‰

if we run your so called democracy SARS won't stop me on the road and order me to open my phone for them to search
Federal govt wont disobey a court's ruling... tha list is endless bruv.. so forget that one

I have being a victim of dix bastards called aiye..they so terrorised and extorted me that I had to leave my state cuz of them, so blive me when I say God punish who ever created this monster called cultism
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by james1(m): 11:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
......before some took the ministry elsewhere.
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by mema900: 11:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
ba7man:
Flat heads dey the list of founders too.

Abi the flat posterior of your head no connect well to your optic nerves?

Dumbo!!!
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by jrusky(m): 11:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Watch how his brothers will come to his defense undecided

So from all the names it's only wole name your glaucoma eyes can see If you carry on like this you will die young. Learn how to read first before making comment so you don't look stupid. Read Mr man read stop being naive and foolish read.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Reference(m): 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
Oya, Oga Inspector General. Another candidate for prosecution.
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by scobaba: 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
Sally sally for 6 hours... Hard rum and flesh 48hours... O happy day o happy day... Awa sailors o' u r rugged o.

Ahoy C'B of Tortuga. wink

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Ategberoson(m): 11:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Watch how his brothers will come to his defense undecided

stop reading with your wide pvssy. read comprehensively next time. the name of the seven that invented confraternity or you haven't rectify your eyes problem?
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Carlyboi(m): 12:11am On Jun 14, 2018
Awon ti orlando pirates i kinda like their hand sign sha!plus the pirates of the carribean and jack sparrow makes it kinda fun!that skull and bones tho!having the design on a black tee looks kinda cool!btw is it Ahoy or Aiye?lol!i guess all frats in nigeria were from foreign lands, but who knows about the Eiye is it a foreign frat too?
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:34am On Jun 14, 2018
scobaba:
Sally sally for 6 hours... Hard rum and flesh 48hours... O happy day o happy day... Awa sailors o' u r rugged o.

pali ahoy to you cool

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by longjon: 1:58am On Jun 14, 2018
3 Igbos, 3 yorubas and 1 Edo.

Seems there’s used to be a lot of cooperation between igbos and yorubas back in the day. As the two most advanced and educated tribes in the country back then, it seemed like the natural thing to do.

Sometimes I wonder how Nigeria would’ve turned out if Awolowo had pulled out simultaneously at the same time with Biafra.
The North would have remained a landlocked region at the mercy of the south. They would have been forced to focus on agriculture and feed the south and who knows might be as developed as Dubai is today

I daresay that the west, east/south-south under the leaderships of Awolowo and Ojukwu respectively would have reunited to transform the south into a model African nation-state.

The North is eternally grateful to the west and rightfully so as by that singular act (or inaction ) of Awolow , they’re seized on the opportunity of their civil war victory to retain power perpetually.

Now we are all worse off as the average northerners only ambition is to get into government and feed fat. No intellectuals, no inventors, no drive to excel in areas of human endeavour.

For those criticizing the founders, fraternities exist in every Ivy League university and all other prestigious universities around the world. Some of them have existed for centuries.
I sincerely don’t believe these fine gentlemen set up the pirates to operate in the manner it does today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by holyeye1989(m): 2:24am On Jun 14, 2018
Secret society Na em break us all
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by madjune(m): 3:47am On Jun 14, 2018
This is why Wole remains great.

Not that I commend the evils of cultism as we see it today; from childhood, Wole knew what he wanted to do with his life.
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by AreaFada2: 3:50am On Jun 14, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Wole still has the temerity to pretend to be a statesman

Fact is everything is bastardized in 9ja. Fraternities and sororities have been in USA schools for over 200 years.

Yes there were some elements of violence in the past but generally socially accepted today.

I'm sure Wole and co didn't intend to create what is today.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by temi1526: 6:06am On Jun 14, 2018
May the spirit of the forgone terror guide the Magnificent 7, for every living man and those who have sayled to totuga. Awu.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 14, 2018
He had good intentions with the group only that some miscreants took it far.

The confratenity was formed to repel student oppression from school dictates.
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by ceezah: 6:42am On Jun 14, 2018
i am interested in joining, who knows what it will take and how i can go about joining this noble organisation Pirates urganisation
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Jasperro(m): 6:58am On Jun 14, 2018
who initiated (BLEND) Them
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by ORIENTATION101: 7:27am On Jun 14, 2018
Cowbuhari:

Bruv we ain't practicing democracy!! don't get it twisted, the military guys still run tha show 101‰

if we run your so called democracy SARS won't stop me on the road and order me to open my phone for them to search
Federal govt wont disobey a court's ruling... tha list is endless bruv.. so forget that one

I have being a victim of dix bastards called aiye..they so terrorised and extorted me that I had to leave my state cuz of them, so blive me when I say God punish who ever created this monster called cultism
that means democracy is bad for us no matter the Good intention according to your logic.millions of Nigeria has been victimized and cheated cause they cannot buy justice cos it is expensive under democratic rule.most of the politicians running amok now was nowhere to be found under military rule
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Acheron: 7:38am On Jun 14, 2018
scobaba:

Nice one but then you are an illegal. One of those ahoy boys impersonating PC. A true pyrate will know not to post this on a public forum. Falapa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Acheron: 7:40am On Jun 14, 2018
ceezah:
i am interested in joining, who knows what it will take and how i can go about joining this noble organisation Pirates urganisation
The application is online and only comes out in Nov/Dec. Check www.nas-int.org for more info.

Note: Anything outside going through the website is fake.
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by jahsharon: 7:43am On Jun 14, 2018
NaijaMutant:
Wole Soyinka was the pioneer of cultism in Nigeria

He also deserves a Nobel Laurette for this undecided

He has one already and shall not be forgotten. Work hard so that you can get a Nobel Laurel in Stupidity too.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by mbomachinemeze(m): 7:50am On Jun 14, 2018
mightyhazell:
they look like they want to tackle Cyclops In the movie,.. seventh voyage of simbad
so you still dey remember that movie nawaoo for three decades
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Coolcube: 7:57am On Jun 14, 2018
The Original Seven at the Jolly Roger Deck. Yoha

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by opedaydydx9(m): 8:23am On Jun 14, 2018
Emzyme:
i can understand hw alora, vikings came out

buh aiyes nd eiyes
i dnt understand
some things are left unsaid, generally the purpose of fraternity in Nigeria have been compromised.
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by opedaydydx9(m): 8:26am On Jun 14, 2018
Acheron:

Nice one but then you are an illegal. One of those ahoy boys impersonating PC. A true pyrate will know not to post this on a public forum. Falapa
lol
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Cowbuhari: 8:37am On Jun 14, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
that means democracy is bad for us no matter the Good intention according to your logic.millions of Nigeria has been victimized and cheated cause they cannot buy justice cos it is expensive under democratic rule.most of the politicians running amok now was nowhere to be found under military rule

you don't still get it.. what Soyinka and his group of whatever did was they simply gave birth to a new baby and left the baby out in the cold jungle, unfortunately the baby was not lucky and as a result grew up to become a monster.. the baby was not trained in anyway to follow the so called good virtues of his father...

just so we r clear the real politicians running tins presently most of em were all involved with the military one way or anoda....Obj Buhari IBB TY danjuma, David mark Jonah jang..the list is endless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Cowbuhari: 8:41am On Jun 14, 2018
holyeye1989:

sad
holyeye1989:

if to say NA just me.. nobody go hear my story
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Dicksonpal: 8:47am On Jun 14, 2018
Aleck2440:

naija would av been a Better place only if our so called SARS could go after these men than Innocent youths across the nation

embarassed

naija would av been a Better place only if our so called SARS could go after these men than Innocent youths across the nation

a better Sars, the military went after him ( wole soyinka). Yet he conquered
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2018
ba7man:
Flat heads dey the list of founders too.

Abi the flat posterior of your head no connect well to your optic nerves?

grin

Fatality

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Dicksonpal: 8:55am On Jun 14, 2018
Acheron:

The application is online and only comes out in Nov/Dec. Check www.nas-int.org for more info.

Note: Anything outside going through the website is fake.
you didn't talk about the fees...
Re: Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) by Toosure70: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2018
Children, stop fighting yourselves. I'm one of the pioneer and I'm a flatheader.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

KINGS 3(7 Days Of Chaos) / "I'm" Or "Am" - Why Are We Such Careless Users Of The English Language? / Curious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.