Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Twisted Fate By Windflower - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twisted Fate By Windflower (1102 Views)

Twisted Fate By Ilugbo Victoria / Twist Of Fate. / TWISTED By Faithlyn Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twisted Fate By Windflower by Windflower(f): 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hi everyone, I almost didn't post this story but thank God for the courage. I used to love writing as a kid but it's became a forgotten dream along the line, decided to pick up the pieces and came up with something. I am not a writer neither did I study English, criticisms would be highly welcomed.
Re: Twisted Fate By Windflower by Windflower(f): 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2018
Episode one

Mide pulled over in the parking lot, she alighted from her car, a 2008 brown toyota camry,her black transparent block heel touched the ground. She was dressed in a floral green dress, matched with a studded earring and her hair packed in ponytail. A quick look at the parking lot, it was a pleasant sight to behold, filled with various collection of cars, Mide had always been a lover of cars. One that caught her attention was the lamborghini urus performance suv. She stood with keen interest imagining herself behind the wheels, she was lost in thought when she heard a rather husky but familiar voice. She quickly adjusted herself, the man moved closer and they shook hands.
Mide: Good morning Mr Austin, I am so glad for the opportunity given to me and I promise to make the best use of it.
Austin: Your reputation preceeds you, I am very honoured to have such a distinguished personality like yourself as a guest speaker in our schools anniversary. Oooh. This doesn’t speak well of me, I left you standing here, shall we go to the conference room so you can meet other acclaimed speaker like yourself.
Mide giggling she said, ”If you may lead the way please”.
Mide Johnson is a distinguished human right lawyer, she graduated from the prestigious university of Ibadan popularly known as the premium university with a first class degree in law, she further went for her national youth service in the south eastern part of Nigeria, before proceeding to law school.

Mide started her career as a human right lawyer because she came from a poor family background, she saw firsthand how people suffered social injustice and vowed to give back to the society in her own little way.
Emerald is a private school with plans to open a university underway. She had been invited by the schools public relation officer, Mr Austin as a speaker in the event.
This was one of the moment, she began to feel uneasy, filled in a room with people who thinks with money they own the world. She quickly remembered her role model, Olivia pope ”even if Olivia was just a fictional character in her favourite series scandal” She held her shoulder up high and walked graciously like a queen, exchanged pleasantries and in a short while the program kick started in the schools auditorium. They were called one after the other to the high table.

The auditorium was quite enormous and breath taking, with a gigantic podium, large projector and an amazing sound system. The hall could hold a capacity of about 20,000 people, she thought to herself. Its was a multiple aisle arrangement, the hall was filled with dignitaries and students of the institution. Emerald group of schools is owned by the CEO of Emerald oil PLC. Dr Aderibigbe.
So it explains why the event is top notch, speaking on the stage was the owner of emerald empire, Mide watched Dr Aderibigbe with utmost respect, he is a very powerful and respected person in the society.
Mide was lost in ecstasy of the event, she was called to give her speech.

She climbed the podium with excellent pose and demeanour
“ All protocols duly observed, my special thanks goes to the organisers of this event for deeming it fit to inviting me. As you all know I am an advocate of social injustice ranging from child abuse, sexual abuse,domestic violence amongst others “
Mide noticed the little girl seated in the third row, she flinched when Mide mentioned sexual abuse, through out the course of her speech, she kept her eyes glued on the girl and then it became clearer.
Mide could recognise that look, it’s was that of a victim who had been sexually abused. She was so sure because she herself had been a victim and has not quite gotten over it. The incidence lurks around her like darkness. She was devastated, this little girl going through such horrible experience.

She finished her speech with a “thank you” and everyone applauded her. The event was over and she quickly searched for the girl before she was lost in a pool of crowd. She bent and striked a conversation with the girl and learnt her name was Hope. Before she could say further, a man emerged, he appeared to be hope's father. She exchanged greetings him,and off the man went with Hope before she could probe further.
Definitely, Mide knew she had to investigate further, curiosity runs in her DNA. She scheduled a meeting with Hope's teacher after finding out the information from Mr Austin, Of course she lied with her intent. She had told Mr Austin that she is working on a campaign for the girl child education and wanted Hope to be the face of it.
The next day,Mide met with Miss Daniels,Hope's class teacher. She was a petite young lady who seemed intelligent. Mide had waved at her when she walked into the restaurant. She soon settled herself on the table after they exchanged pleasantries. Mide began by asking Miss Daniel's,the kind of pupil Hope was.
She began by describing Hope as a good and well mannered girl. Mide knew just the right question to ask,she probed further by asking if Miss Daniels had noticed anything out of the ordinary with Hope.
Miss Daniel let out an heavy sigh, at this point Mide was sure the conversation had just started. She went on to describe how everything was normal with Hope,until early last year when her grades reduced drastically,she wasn't talking to any of her friends and became withdrawn.

She as Hope's teacher called the attention of the parent to the psychological health of their ward, and even suggested she recommend a psychologist but the parent bluntly refused and insisted their daughter was fine as her behaviour was normal for her age. Mide asked her what could have triggered Hope's psychological trauma, Could it be family issue? Miss Daniels nodded in negation and said she was sure its wasn't family related issues because she herself had looked into it.
Mide told the teacher her suspicion and she didn't look a bit surprised. She replied by saying she also had the same thoughts but the parents doesn't seem interested in helping their daughter or perhaps they knew who their daughter's sexual predator was.
Mide assured the teacher she was going to get to the root of the matter, they ended the conversation and bade each other farewell.
Mide got into her car and headed for Hope's home,she had collected her house address from her teacher.
On getting there, Mr Davis,Hope's father was confused as to why she visited seeing he recognised her from the event the previous day which was on Friday. She went straight to the point and told him she was concerned for Hope mental well-being and as such,it's her duty as a human right activist to investigate cases like this.
Mr Davis went delusional and ordered her out of his house. She was certain something was wrong and she was determined to find out. As she was about to start her cars engine,hope stood on the lawn staring at her, like she was trying to communicate something.

Sitting on her couch watching her favourite series, she heard a sound at the door step but didn’t find anybody instead she found a small piece of paper boldly written on it “ Do not meddle in what doesn’t concerns you else you won’t live to tell the tale”
This sent cold shivers down Mides spine, she was trembling.
Re: Twisted Fate By Windflower by labvick: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2018
I must confess nice piece u 've got here.keep it coming.
Re: Twisted Fate By Windflower by Windflower(f): 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
labvick:
I must confess nice piece u 've got here.keep it coming.
Thank you
Re: Twisted Fate By Windflower by ADUKKY(f): 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2018
Nice one, let's get this statted.

(1) (Reply)

The Veiled Assassin / Dreams / Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.