Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw (19927 Views)

Nigeria Signs Agreement With Siemens To Increase Grid Capacity To 12,000MW / NNPCL To Construct Another International Gas Pipeline To Europe / Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Okwyla: 5:42am On Jun 14, 2018
The Dangote Group’s sub-sea pipeline infrastructure is expected to augment the natural domestic gas supply and add an estimated 12,000 Mega Watts (MW) to Nigeria’s power generation capacity. Dangote also has plans to construct a 570 MW power plant within refinery complex.

The 12,000mw, which is being expected from the Dangote subsea pipeline is far more than the average of 2,812mw, which is presently being supplied to power plants.

The subsea pipelines are expected to create a corridor for evacuation of trapped from offshore platforms in Nigeria to allow their monetization.

Most of the associated gases produced offshore in Nigeria are currently being re-injected or flared. Hence the Dangote strategy is to serve as a transporter only transporter and processor, or buyer for producers of the gases.

Speaking at this year’s Ghanaian International Petroleum conference (Ghipcon 2018) which held in Accra, Ghana, the Technical Adviser to the President of Dangote Group on Refinery and Petrochemical matters, who led the Dangote Refinery team to the Conference, Engr. Babajide Soyode, noted that Alhaji Aliko Dangote will always do his best in whatever sector of the economy he ventures into, and that is why this refinery will be completed and meet the needs of Nigeria, West Africa and the entire African continent.

He went further to state that the Nigerian government has been supportive of the refinery citing the visit of Nigerian Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Mr. Ibe Kachikwu to the site of the Refinery during which he said the government would support efforts toward its completion.

“I have made very firm commitment to Nigerians that I must stop the importation of petroleum products by 2019 and I am going to keep to it.”, Kachikwu was quoted to have said.

Meanwhile, ahead of the completion of the Dangote Oil Refinery, petroleum importing African nations and Bulk Oil Distributors based in Ghana have expressed eagerness to patronize the Nigerian Refinery when production starts.

The oil buyers said arrangements have been put in place to import petroleum products from the world’s largest single-train refinery, situated, Lekki, Lagos state owned by the foremost industrialist.

Hints of eager expectation and hopes on the Dangote Refinery were revealed at Participants at the international Conference as well as oil distributors and marketers from various countries were eager to know how they could key in for supplies from the 650,000 barrel per day refinery, that is preparing to take the continent by storm.

The Ghananian government expressed the view that dealing with Dangote refinery for petroleum import would be a better business for African nations than depending on the international market for the supply of refined petroleum products, “we will rather purchase from the Dangote Refinery due to the proximity of the refinery to Ghana and other neighbours.

President of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo, who was represented by Vice-President Alhaji Mahamud Bawumia, said African nations are anxiously waiting for Dangote Refinery.

During their visit to the Dangote oil exhibition stand, the Ghanaian Vice-President and the Minister of Energy, Boakye Agyarko, were amazed at the size of the project and expressed satisfaction with the pace of work being done at the refinery.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/dangote-deep-sea-pipeline-to-boost.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:39am On Jun 14, 2018
This refinery is taking too damn long to complete I hope Dangote gets it right here

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by fiizznation: 7:07am On Jun 14, 2018
Generating electricity is not always the problem, when this generated power is transmitted on high-voltage power lines, the major problem has always been how to distribute the generated power on local power distributing lines to our homes and businesses

By distribution, I'm talking about the transformers, metering the electricity we use, etc. Distribution is the retail end of any electricity business. And if distribution doesn't work well. Whatever input you will put in power generation will always be a waste of time.

Though I commend dangote for even trying. I believe with time, distributing the power will be better.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by fiizznation: 7:09am On Jun 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
This refinery is taking too damn long to complete
I hope Dangote gets it right here
Building a refined refinery is not a one year, two years thing. It do take time

15 Likes

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Redoil: 7:11am On Jun 14, 2018
All these false hope in mail waiting to be deliver in 2089

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Vatsyayana: 7:29am On Jun 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
This refinery is taking too damn long to complete
I hope Dangote gets it right here

The deadline is 2019. And work is in a very progressive state.

14 Likes

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by deltaisgreat: 7:50am On Jun 14, 2018
I hate this to elevate or to boost or achieve. Do it let us see it done and stop giving us false promise like APC. Nigerians are wise now through APC promise and deny game

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by QuotaSystem: 7:52am On Jun 14, 2018
Okwyla:

Participants at the international Conference as well as oil distributors and marketers from various countries were eager to know how they could key in for supplies from the 650,000 barrel per day refinery, that is preparing to take the continent by storm.

President of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo, who was represented by Vice-President Alhaji Mahamud Bawumia, said African nations are anxiously waiting for Dangote Refinery.

The whole of Africa eagerly awaits Aliko Dangote.

Nigeria is gradually regaining its position in the comity of African nations as the true GIANT of Africa.

Nigeria and the Fulani nation celebrates such an illustrious son.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by QuotaSystem: 7:55am On Jun 14, 2018
deltaisgreat:
I hate this to elevate or to boost or achieve. Do it let us see it done and stop giving us false promise like APC. Nigerians are wise now through APC promise and deny game

This is a 100% privately driven initiative - funded and led by Dangote himself.

Nothing to do with APC - except for the Forex support given by the Buhari led government due to its commitment to stop petroleum importation and boost power generation.

Take note.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by lastempero: 7:56am On Jun 14, 2018
fiizznation:
Generating electricity is not always the problem, when this generated power is transmitted on high-voltage power lines, the major problem has always been how to distribute the generated power on local power distributing lines to our homes and businesses

By distribution, I'm talking about the transformers, metering the electricity we use, etc. Distribution is the retail end of any electricity business. And if distribution doesn't work well. Whatever input you will put in power generation will always be a waste of time.

Though I commend dangote for even trying. I believe with time, distributing the power will be better.

It's very simple,they should disintegrate the f#cked up national grid so that it will be a sort of regional stuff and it will equally reduce the cost of Power transmission in nigeria.I keep imagining how one will transmit power hundreds of miles away from the point of generation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by fiizznation: 8:18am On Jun 14, 2018
lastempero:

It's very simple,they should disintegrate the f#cked up national grid so that it will be a sort of regional stuff and it will equally reduce the cost of Power transmission in nigeria. I keep imagining how one will transmit power hundreds of miles away from the point of generation.
I slightly disagree with you on this. We all know power stations are normally built to generate electricity and you do know that national grid always cope better with peak consumption hours that usually occurs at different time and also at various locations in areas where this system covers right? A power station might be shut down lets say in akwa-ibom state, and we will still receive electricity from other power stations.

And your highlighted comment there is one good thing about a national grid. Power can be generated from anywhere in the country and can be equally transmitted and distributed to any place in the same country.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by fiizznation: 8:22am On Jun 14, 2018
QuotaSystem:

The whole of Africa eagerly awaits Aliko Dangote.

Nigeria is gradually regaining its position in the comity of African nations as the true GIANT of Africa.

Nigeria and the Fulani nation celebrates such an illustrious son.
Haha!!! I can see you from 20,000 miles looking for trouble

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by QuotaSystem: 8:27am On Jun 14, 2018
fiizznation:
Haha!!! I can see you from 20,000 miles looking for trouble

Honour and condemnation should always be given where due.

As we condemn Fulani herdsmen, we celebrate Fulani world achievers.

14 Likes

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by fiizznation: 8:34am On Jun 14, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Honour and condemnation should always be given where due.

As we condemn Fulani herdsmen, we celebrate Fulani world achievers.
Well you know there are things one should always overlook right? Things like bigotry, sectionalism, etc. We shouldn't try to emulate these people doing this things, rather we should continue to rise above their pettiness and bigotry.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by QuotaSystem: 8:49am On Jun 14, 2018
fiizznation:
Well you know there are things one should always overlook right? Things like bigotry, sectionalism, etc. We shouldn't try to emulate these people doing this things, rather we should continue to rise above their pettiness and bigotry.

Lol Its not emulation bro, but correction.

Our heritage is being deliberately and persistently attacked, it's only noble to correct misrepresentations. Quite distinct from bigotry.

Silence often denotes consent.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by lastempero: 8:51am On Jun 14, 2018
fiizznation:
I slightly disagree with you on this. We all know power stations are normally built to generate electricity and you do know that national grid always cope better with peak consumption hours that usually occurs at different time and also at various locations in areas where this system covers right? A power station might be shut down lets say in akwa-ibom state, and we will still receive electricity from other power stations.

And your highlighted comment there is one good thing about a national grid. Power can be generated from anywhere in the country and can be equally transmitted and distributed to any place in the same country.

I understand ur points clearly but in a country like nigeria where each region has the capacity to generate enough electricity to serve itself,dont u think it's better building power plants that are regionally intergrated rather than spending billions of dollars transmitting energy from one region to another there by increasing the price of power generation.

To buttress my point home,lets summarise the capacity of each region to generate energy.

1.niger delta is endowed with enough gas to serve 5 giants thermal stations that can serve the whole region.take for instance,bonny island in rivers has gas turbine that gives the whole island 24hrs electricity including LNG.

2.south east has enough coal and gas to power the whole region

3.south west has some if not enough gas from its offshore platforms to serve it coupled with the dangote pipeline which is on course

4.The northern region has enough dams and enough coal(kogi region) to serve it and considering the point that they are low energy consuming region.

When you put all these together u will find out there is no need for a national grid which is even taking the chunk of money invested in the power sector.we can establish atleast 3 mega power generation plants in each region that can be operated intermittently.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by wildcatter23(m): 9:27am On Jun 14, 2018
angry
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by soberdrunk(m): 9:27am On Jun 14, 2018
I would have been very happy if it was a government owned project so the masses can 'fully' and 'directly' benefit from it, Dangote is a businessman and his major priority is 'profit'....... angry
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 14, 2018
thoughtful from the man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:29am On Jun 14, 2018
Way to go....
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by niggi4life(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2018
Why go for President when you are already controlling the country?

Dangote is more powerful than any president of Nigeria

Just imagine we have about 10 of this man in this country!!

At the rate he is going, there will be a time we will just sell the country to him

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Idrismusty97(m): 9:31am On Jun 14, 2018
So he is taking over our power generation too and he isn't president yet. If this man decides to be president he already have achievements on ground base on Nigeria standard and doesn't need to do anything for four years or more.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by anibi9674: 9:32am On Jun 14, 2018
ok.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Kobicove(m): 9:32am On Jun 14, 2018
We're waiting to see...
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Bellgal: 9:32am On Jun 14, 2018
The vice president eyes self.... Hmmm.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by sammyj: 9:34am On Jun 14, 2018
I am recommending Dangote as the next President if he want to do what the President can not do !!! grin grin
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by paskyboy: 9:35am On Jun 14, 2018
What an unfortunate Country, that got their independence while she was still a toddler, becos of selfishness, we disowned those that could have taught us to live, grow and become better. All in the name we want to be on our own, fine since independence can someone point out one great achievement we have gotten, none instead things get worse
Nigeria is a monopoly country, that has been sold to an individual or Some individuals, Lagos to Tinubu, Nigeria to Dangote and so on, leaving our leader to wallow on their incompetent, can't the government provide stable light?, Good Road, Medical health Care, Industries, it's a shame that we are still backward and like this, it's disheartening and worrisome, just wondering when will we ever get it right, the money PDP and APC has embezzled will and can turn Nigeria into Heaven but unfortunately the county is filled with egocentric, megalomaniac, incompetent entities, for those that put us in this condition, May God put their generation in the same state they have put this country. I am ashamed to be a Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by jmaxjohn(m): 9:35am On Jun 14, 2018
Next Problem is maintenance.

fiizznation:

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by bigtt76(f): 9:36am On Jun 14, 2018
The way they keep churning out all these mega watts on paper ....by now we should have been producing 100,000mw buh as one minister put am ...'Demons' nor go allow them grin grin grin

Okwyla:
The Dangote Group’s sub-sea pipeline infrastructure is expected to augment the natural domestic gas supply and add an estimated 12,000 Mega Watts (MW) to Nigeria’s power generation capacity. Dangote also has plans to construct a 570 MW power plant within refinery complex.

The 12,000mw, which is being expected from the Dangote subsea pipeline is far more than the average of 2,812mw, which is presently being supplied to power plants.

The subsea pipelines are expected to create a corridor for evacuation of trapped from offshore platforms in Nigeria to allow their monetization.

Most of the associated gases produced offshore in Nigeria are currently being re-injected or flared. Hence the Dangote strategy is to serve as a transporter only transporter and processor, or buyer for producers of the gases.

Speaking at this year’s Ghanaian International Petroleum conference (Ghipcon 2018) which held in Accra, Ghana, the Technical Adviser to the President of Dangote Group on Refinery and Petrochemical matters, who led the Dangote Refinery team to the Conference, Engr. Babajide Soyode, noted that Alhaji Aliko Dangote will always do his best in whatever sector of the economy he ventures into, and that is why this refinery will be completed and meet the needs of Nigeria, West Africa and the entire African continent.

He went further to state that the Nigerian government has been supportive of the refinery citing the visit of Nigerian Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Mr. Ibe Kachikwu to the site of the Refinery during which he said the government would support efforts toward its completion.

“I have made very firm commitment to Nigerians that I must stop the importation of petroleum products by 2019 and I am going to keep to it.”, Kachikwu was quoted to have said.

Meanwhile, ahead of the completion of the Dangote Oil Refinery, petroleum importing African nations and Bulk Oil Distributors based in Ghana have expressed eagerness to patronize the Nigerian Refinery when production starts.

The oil buyers said arrangements have been put in place to import petroleum products from the world’s largest single-train refinery, situated, Lekki, Lagos state owned by the foremost industrialist.

Hints of eager expectation and hopes on the Dangote Refinery were revealed at Participants at the international Conference as well as oil distributors and marketers from various countries were eager to know how they could key in for supplies from the 650,000 barrel per day refinery, that is preparing to take the continent by storm.

The Ghananian government expressed the view that dealing with Dangote refinery for petroleum import would be a better business for African nations than depending on the international market for the supply of refined petroleum products, “we will rather purchase from the Dangote Refinery due to the proximity of the refinery to Ghana and other neighbours.

During their visit to the Dangote oil exhibition stand, the Ghanaian Vice-President and the Minister of Energy, Boakye Agyarko, were amazed at the size of the project and expressed satisfaction with the pace of work being done at the refinery.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/dangote-deep-sea-pipeline-to-boost.html
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 14, 2018
land of 900k still dey that axis o, make una go buy. some pple go prefer to buy iphonex and cars wey be liability.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Outrage As Robbers Stab UNIUYO Student / Why Is Igbo So Jealous And Bitter Of Yoruba And Yoruba Does Not Care / Gudumbali Attack: 12 Soldiers Killed, Dozens Missing In Battle With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.