Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,046 members, 7,807,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 (49182 Views)

Benue Cultists Kill Three, Police Arrest 30 Suspects / Police Arrest 30-Year-Old Man For Raping 75-Year-Old Woman In Anambra (Photo) / Italian Police Arrest 30 Suspected Nigerian Gang Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by TundeFerrarri: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2018
yahoo yahoo iis improving Nigeria economy seriously, youths dey fresh everyday, e even reduce crime sef so whats all these nonsense
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2018
aribisala0:
Was that the question?
You are the one that mentioned jurisdiction . Now you are saying "allowed to operate"

Once again do the CIA have jurisdiction in NIgeria.

Since ou say "allowed to operate"

Allowed by whom?

The FBI are not "allowed"?
I'm sorry complex explanation is difficult to understand, yes thr do have jurisdiction
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by aribisala0(m): 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2018
Alsini6:
I'm sorry complex explanation is difficult to understand, yes thr do have jurisdiction

In US law or Nigerian law?

Can you provide a citation in either US or Nigerian law that gives the CIA jurisdiction in Nigeria on matters of law enforcement such as fraud
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2018
aribisala0:

In US law or Nigerian law?

Can you provide a citation in either US or Nigerian law that gives the CIA jurisdiction in Nigeria on matters of law enforcement such as fraud
if u knw wat CIA foreign assets are u won't ask questions like dis
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by aribisala0(m): 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2018
Alsini6:
if u knw wat CIA foreign assets are u won't ask questions like dis
No I do not know what CIA assets are. I skipped school the day they gave that lecture.

We are talking about the arrest of Yahoo boys in Nigeria.

You say the CIA has jurisdiction to arrest them.

That is a matter of law.

Once again provide a citation to back up your claim that CIA has jurisdiction to make arrests in Nigeria
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by LegitBoyy: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
magicminister:
I’m strongly against yahoo yahoo but why is the FBI from United States arresting Nigerians in Nigeria? I can understand if they provide material support for us but using their man power to arrest our citizens just show how much of a puppet our leaders are.

Why don’t they go to China, Russia, North Korea and etc to arrest the hackers that attack them and their government That’s because their respective government are not weak and will not let their citizens be oppressed by foreign institutions. This is so annoying.
Shut Your dirty mouth up you fraudster, SARS will arrest fraudsters, you will complain, FBI are here to protect their citizens you're ranting.... How come you are so concerned about the country's sovereignty than the fraud? And you as Minister for interior of the Federal Republic of Nigeria know they didn't get the required permit? Or you can't read it was a joint operation?

Arrant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2018
aribisala0:
No I do not know what CIA assets are. I skipped school the day they gave that lecture.

We are talking about the arrest of Yahoo boys in Nigeria.

You say the CIA has jurisdiction to arrest them.

That is a matter of law.

Once again provide a citation to back up your claim that CIA has jurisdiction to make arrests in Nigeria
d cia has full jurisdiction in nigeria d FBI don't dats wat I said, as 4 u skipping class u should av started wit dat in d first place na nw u av wasted my time on u, owww
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by isalegan2: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2018
CSTR1003:

FBI has foreign units.

They go to foreign countries to effect raids in collaboration with the local partners.

Don't be sure of what you don't know.

It is a good thing though. Those online fraudsters are a menace to us all.

Imagine! Those fraudsters so frustrating a person to the point we're not minding USA breaking our territorial integrity. Even sending clean money to our families now, Western Union is putting us through so much! It shall never be well with scammers. [s]Wait, make I go provide FBI and EFCC with the "name" and phone numbers of my scammer[/s]. grin
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by madgoat(m): 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2018
TundeFerrarri:
You are a very big fool for saying that

Scammer.. E pain am oh grin

EFCC will soon catch you grin

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by aribisala0(m): 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2018
Alsini6:
d cia has full jurisdiction in nigeria d FBI don't dats wat I said, as 4 u skipping class u should av started wit dat in d first place na nw u av wasted my time on u, owww
You are free to say what you like.

Once again which law is it that gives the CIA jurisdiction in Nigeria

Very simple request. Name the law
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by VannywealthDesi(f): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2018
robotix:
they worked with Interpol bros. It could even be Interpol but naija journalist call am FBI lol
I didn't want to derail the pregnancy thread. How did you find me na? Is your wife pregnant? grin
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by robotix: 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
VannywealthDesi:
I didn't want to derail the pregnancy thread. How did you find me na? Is your wife pregnant? grin
I don't even know how I came here. I think someone I am following led me here. cheesy
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Pacyrus(m): 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2018
[size=8pt][/size] That is to say dem nor see anybody arrest.
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Ekajuk: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2018
see as EFCC is allowing this foreign spies to spy on our data's in the name of arresting fraudsters.....no b d same oyibo teach them?
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by VannywealthDesi(f): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2018
robotix:
I don't even know how I came here. I think someone I am following led me here. cheesy
Lol. OK. cheesy

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Mikeiron78(m): 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2018
magicminister:
I’m strongly against yahoo yahoo but why is the FBI from United States arresting Nigerians in Nigeria? I can understand if they provide material support for us but using their man power to arrest our citizens just show how much of a puppet our leaders are.

Why don’t they go to China, Russia, North Korea and etc to arrest the hackers that attack them and their government That’s because their respective government are not weak and will not let their citizens be oppressed by foreign institutions. This is so annoying.

Obviously, they were invited for technical know how.
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by urchmanni93(m): 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
goldcoinhub:
The Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC in collaboration with the American Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI have raided the bases of different internet fraudster at various locations across Nigeria.

The arrest of the suspects mostly in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial hub, resulted in the hauling of no fewer than 25 digital devices used in the nefarious activity, Vanguard reports.

Among the tools of operations used by the criminally-minded elements, which were retrieved by the anti-graft agencies included mobile phones and computers.

The Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, who confirmed the raids, said, they were carried out between May 23 and June 7, 2018.

Wilson said:

“The joint operation was carried out as part of an exercise code named ‘Operation Wire Wire’ following months of surveillance to identify the suspects and their locations.

“The suspects, who are all linked to business email compromise, have made useful statements while documents recovered from them are being analysed.

Business email compromise is a sophisticated scam scheme which targets businesses involved with funds transfer as means of payment.

The perpetrators routinely compromise communication between the parties and change the bank details of the receiver of funds and send emails to the party expected to do the transfer, purporting to be the genuine receiver with the changed account details.

https://lailasnews.com/fbi-and-efcc-raid-internet-fraudsters-bases-across-nigeria-arrest-30/

Bros why u de lie like this.. FBI operates only in us while CIA IS international... Abeg lie small small.
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by urchmanni93(m): 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
goldcoinhub:
The Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC in collaboration with the American Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI have raided the bases of different internet fraudster at various locations across Nigeria.

The arrest of the suspects mostly in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial hub, resulted in the hauling of no fewer than 25 digital devices used in the nefarious activity, Vanguard reports.

Among the tools of operations used by the criminally-minded elements, which were retrieved by the anti-graft agencies included mobile phones and computers.

The Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, who confirmed the raids, said, they were carried out between May 23 and June 7, 2018.

Wilson said:

“The joint operation was carried out as part of an exercise code named ‘Operation Wire Wire’ following months of surveillance to identify the suspects and their locations.

“The suspects, who are all linked to business email compromise, have made useful statements while documents recovered from them are being analysed.

Business email compromise is a sophisticated scam scheme which targets businesses involved with funds transfer as means of payment.

The perpetrators routinely compromise communication between the parties and change the bank details of the receiver of funds and send emails to the party expected to do the transfer, purporting to be the genuine receiver with the changed account details.

https://lailasnews.com/fbi-and-efcc-raid-internet-fraudsters-bases-across-nigeria-arrest-30/

Bros why u de lie like this.. FBI operates only in us while CIA IS international... Abeg lie small small.
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by aribisala0(m): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2018
urchmanni93:

Spend a little time to research before talking nonsense publicly.

Google is free
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by isalegan2: 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
FBI can operate anywhere inside or outside the USA to police crimes against Americans. You can try and stop them though. Na you sabi.

CIA is a national security apparatus prohibited from working against Americans within the USA borders. That means they can work against foreigners anywhere inside or outside. They can also work against their own people if they are deemed a security threat to the USA. OUTSIDE the USA borders.

They cannot work against American citizens in USA. They have to bring in the FBI.

That is my understanding, from memory.

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 15, 2018
isalegan2:

FBI can operate anywhere inside or outside the USA to police crimes against Americans. You can try and stop them though. Na you sabi.

CIA is a national security apparatus prohibited from working against Americans within the USA borders. That means they can work against foreigners anywhere inside or outside. They can also work against their own people if they are deemed a security threat to the USA. OUTSIDE the USA borders.

They cannot work against American citizens in USA. They have to bring in the FBI.

That is my understanding, from memory.

have you noticed that efcc started this yahoo boy crackdown after buhari's visit to the us?

anyway - its all good. make yahoo a crime again
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by isalegan2: 11:43pm On Jun 15, 2018
oyb:

have you noticed that efcc started this yahoo boy crackdown after buhari's visit to the us?

anyway - its all good. make yahoo a crime again

Dunno. Many more things happen without being reported. That worries me more than what's in the public domain. So much clandestine activities. undecided

But, yeah. The fraud epidemic needed to be handled. At least send a warning and it might be a deterrence to some. Fraud/yahoo/419/scammer and Nigeria was beginning(?) to mean the same to foreigners. As if! angry
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by BafanaBafana: 3:52am On Jun 16, 2018
Pataricatering:
yahoo yahoo is a serious threat to legitimate businesses !
How?
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by BafanaBafana: 3:54am On Jun 16, 2018
TundeFerrarri:
yahoo yahoo iis improving Nigeria economy seriously, youths dey fresh everyday, e even reduce crime sef so whats all these nonsense
Foreign exchange nko?
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Kira290(m): 6:28am On Aug 28, 2018
Who tha Bleep are you!!...
Certainly no ordinary member ....
Abi seun tun she gee ni? undecided
angry

Hmmm.. this table that FBI is shaking, there are lots of Yahoo boys on it oo.

America have the highest number of cyber fraudsters and yet they keep running after Nigerians as if we didn't actually learn it from them... so FBI leave America come dey hunt guys for naija abi? They should go to Russia and Italy to arrest those guys to who indulge in cyber crimes from there na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corpse Of Female CRUTECH Staff Found Dumped On Road In Calabar (Photos) / Angry Man Tears Lady’s Trouser Over Sex / Two Men Gang-Rape 13-Year-Old Girl Inside Cherubim & Seraphim Church In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.