Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Movies That Damaged The Actors' Body - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movies That Damaged The Actors' Body (640 Views)

Independence Day: 5 Nollywood Movies That Celebrate Nigeria / #bbnaija: Ebuka Has Damaged My Relationship With Miracle, My Boyfriend – Nina / Top 10 Movies That Will Dominate 2018 By Kingston Dome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Movies That Damaged The Actors' Body by EbukaHades10(m): 1:41am On Jun 15, 2018
The characters actors play can go through some pretty intense stuff at the
movies, but as real as it can seem onscreen, we know it's all pretend — and we assume none of those stunts have permanently damaged the actors' bodies after the cameras roll. After all, when it comes to starring in a major Hollywood film, there are a lot of tricks of the trade that can transform an ordinary actor into something amazing. They don't call it "movie magic" for nothing. But while many performers are willing to transform themselves for roles, from gaining and losing weight, to prosthetics, and more, some actors have taken it to the extreme. Ah, but it's for the art ! Right? Well, sure, but art can only take you so far, especially when your life and health is on the line.
While there are Oscars, Emmys, and Golden Globes, for outstanding acting work, there aren't any awards we can give out for "most pain endured in the performance of a role." But if there were, these actors — who all permanently hurt their bodies in the name of acting — would win.
Re: Movies That Damaged The Actors' Body by EbukaHades10(m): 1:49am On Jun 15, 2018
1:Tom Hanks in Philadelphia and Cast Away

Tom Hanks isn't necessarily known to be one of those actors who loses himself in roles, but he has gone to a few extremes. Both in the 1993
Philadelphia, in which he plays a lawyer diagnosed with AIDS, and the 2000 Cast Away , in which he's stranded on a desert island for four years, Hanks lost a lot of weight.
Hanks thinks losing and gaining the weight back, along with possibly being "genetically inclined," may have contributed to his Type 2 diabetes diagnosis. "The gaining and the losing of weight may have had something to do with it because you eat so much bad food and you don't take any exercise when you're heavy," he said at the 2013 London Film Festival (via The Daily Mail). "I've talked to a number of actors who have gained weight for roles and just out of the sheer physical toll on one's knees and shoulders, no one wants to do it again. I think that's more or less a young man's game."

Source:http://www.looper.com/39198/movies-permanently-damaged-actors-bodies/sl/tom-hanks-in-philadelphia-and-cast-away
Re: Movies That Damaged The Actors' Body by EbukaHades10(m): 1:54am On Jun 15, 2018
2:Jackie Chan in...basically all of his movies

Jackie Chan has
never held back —he views any injury he sustains while filming a stunt as just part of the gig. He has broken fingers, noses, ankles, tailbones, even his hip; he's dislocated his shoulders more than few times; he's suffered multiple concussions and spinal injuries. However, there's one particularly serious incident that made a lasting impression on his banged-up body. Chan told Parade , "The most serious injury I had was during the shooting of Armour of God II . It was actually just a simple stunt, jumping from a slope. But I was seriously injured and had a surgery to my brain. I still have a metal plate in my head and can feel the indentation from the impact."
Still, Chan shows no signs of taking a break — he released two action films in 2017 (Bleeding Steel and The Foreigner ), and followed those by filming the fantasy actioner and Journey to China: The Mystery of Iron Mask.

Source;http://www.looper.com/39198/movies-permanently-damaged-actors-bodies/sl/jackie-chan-in-basically-all-of-his-movies

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen The Movie, Acrimony? / Producer/Director Dede Oji Set To Release 5 Movies This Festive Season / Movie & Tv Series Lover Whatsapp Group Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.