Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics (2741 Views)

Russian Soldier Runs Over His Commander With Tank In Protest / Nuclear Deal: France Recalls Its Ambassador To U.S. And Australia In Protest / Students Staged Lie-in Protest In Front Of White House Over Gun Law(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Explorers(m): 3:56am On Jun 15, 2018
Canadians are boycotting American-made products, stores and cancelling trips to the States in protest ofPresident Trump's trade war and bad blood with their prime minister. In defense of Prime MinisterJustin Trudeau, shoppers are skipping out on Walmart, Starbucks and Florida oranges and instead turning to homegrown Canadian products.

The protest comes after Trump said he would punish 'the people of Canada' following Trudeau's criticism of the US president's tariffs at a post-G7 news conference.

His comments then sparked a Twitter tirade where Trump called Trudeau 'very dishonest and weak'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5845267/Canadians-shopping-Trump-free-boycotting-goods-stores-cancelling-vacations.html

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Explorers(m): 3:57am On Jun 15, 2018
Canadians took to Twitter to express their disdain for the US president and described their plans for boycotting their neighboring country.

Popular hashtags have taken over Twitter, including #BuyCanadian, #BoycottUSProducts and #BoycottUSA.

Canadians are sharing tips via social media for how to shop for homegrown products.

3 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Explorers(m): 4:00am On Jun 15, 2018
Meanwhile, Canadians are buying more expensive products, like strawberries, in order to avoid profiting the US.

Some are even cancelling vacations to the US and instead, flying or driving through different regions in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Explorers(m): 4:00am On Jun 15, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by GrandMufti: 4:25am On Jun 15, 2018
Ok

12 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Anigreat: 4:28am On Jun 15, 2018
shocked

That's not my problem.

My problem is how the idiotic Buhari will go back to daura next yearshocked

12 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Anigreat: 4:30am On Jun 15, 2018
Explorers, when are you exploring Nigeria, always exploring western countries and asian.

2 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Kimikazi2: 4:33am On Jun 15, 2018
These Canadians no get joy I swear. Anyway, let's see how it goes. Happy boycott.

1 Like

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by xamuel17(m): 4:42am On Jun 15, 2018
Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Adaowerri111: 4:52am On Jun 15, 2018
Trump is a blessing to America, Canada becoming a curse to Africans

2 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 15, 2018
Unfortunately, Canada needs USA more than USA needs Canada!

9 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Nobody: 5:06am On Jun 15, 2018
Adaowerri111:
Trump is a blessing to America, Canada becoming a curse to Africans
How is Canada becoming a Curse to Africans? Could you explain clearly.

4 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by MDsambo: 5:30am On Jun 15, 2018
Postfut:

Did Canada personally told you that?

5 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by onegig(m): 5:34am On Jun 15, 2018
Postfut:

How?

There's nothing like "needs more" in a trade business. It's a service not charity.

Canada supplies 44% of US oil imports. imagine the disruptions that would cause us businesses alone if Canada should hike fees on just that.

Recently due to Trump's stupidity there has been an hike in tarrif applied to Canadian steel that has caused enough volatility and uncertainty in that sector in the US. No one gets a quote that is 30days valid anymore. You know what uncertainty does to businesses? They can't plan effectively.

No one wins a trade war. You just hurt your citizens because the cost of tarrifs would always be passed on the end user. so maybe Supporters of Trump can drill it into his head that this is not a personal business transaction where you can arm twist others into submission.

Adaowerri111:
Trump is a blessing to America
How if I may ask? name one thing he has done to make the life of an average citizen better ?

11 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by oz4real83(m): 5:40am On Jun 15, 2018
This is exactly what Nigerians should have been doing to South Africa and those countries who treat Nigerians like trash.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Funjosh(m): 5:43am On Jun 15, 2018
They should come to Nigeria please.
Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Funjosh(m): 5:44am On Jun 15, 2018
oz4real83:
This is exactly what Nigerians should have been doing to South Africa and those countries who treat Nigerians like trash.
When we are not sure of ourselves. We can't try it because we are not confident that we can stand on our own without relying on other nations

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 15, 2018
Now, this is the kind of news I want to be reading from the coven of the western vampires. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by kvngjesse(m): 6:51am On Jun 15, 2018
GrandMufti:
Ok

Gm boss
Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by McGg: 6:51am On Jun 15, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

That's not my problem.

My problem is how the idiotic Buhari will go back to daura next yearshocked

and you think you sound like NwaAmaikpe

3 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Imustreturn(m): 6:55am On Jun 15, 2018
Putin ryt now grin

1 Like

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by Kophschmerzen: 6:56am On Jun 15, 2018
onegig:

How?

There's nothing like "needs more" in a trade business. It's a service not charity.

Canada supplies 44% of US oil imports. imagine the disruptions that would cause us businesses alone if Canada should hike fees on just that.

Recently due to Trump's stupidity there has been an hike in tarrif applied to Canadian steel that has caused enough volatility and uncertainty in that sector in the US. No one gets a quote that is 30days valid anymore. You know what uncertainty does to businesses? They can't plan effectively.

No one wins a trade war. You just hurt your citizens because the cost of tarrifs would always be passed on the end user. so maybe Supporters of Trump can drill it into his head that this is not a personal business transaction where you can arm twist others into submission.

How if I may ask? name one thing he has done to make the life of an average citizen better ?

Many brain dead simpletons here, I am American and I visit Europe regularly. I have seen folks doing an American visit 3 to 4 per year boycotting visiting us. I will permanently leaving that atmosphere of hate to Europe too.

1 Like

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by GrandMufti: 7:26am On Jun 15, 2018
kvngjesse:

Gm boss

Good morning sir

1 Like

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by GMBuhari: 8:04am On Jun 15, 2018
canadians are angry

Trust Nigerians 3 different groups will choose sides

1 Like

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by kvngjesse(m): 8:16am On Jun 15, 2018
GrandMufti:

Good morning sir
Which Dev you dey use
Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by GrandMufti: 9:13am On Jun 15, 2018
kvngjesse:

Which Dev you dey use

I no get you o
Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by kvngjesse(m): 9:14am On Jun 15, 2018
GrandMufti:

I no get you o
Which phone you dey use baba
Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by GrandMufti: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2018
kvngjesse:

Which phone you dey use baba

Oh... still note 3 SE

1 Like

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by bejeria101(m): 10:12am On Jun 15, 2018
Funjosh:

When we are not sure of ourselves. We can't try it because we are not confident that we can stand on our own without relying on other nations

It has been our bane as a nation. Most of what God has blessed us with is still under the ground. We are too blessed as a nation to be going through this drama.
Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by onegig(m): 10:17am On Jun 15, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

Many brain dead simpletons here, I am American and I visit Europe regularly. I have seen folks doing an American visit 3 to 4 per year boycotting visiting us. I will permanently leaving that atmosphere of hate to Europe too.

Exactly.....Who wants to come relax in a country with all the negativity?

You can ignore most here. They are just religious and blinded to realities. Just like US evangelicals. Even if Trump cheats on his wife while pregnant and pays off an hooker they would not blink an eye as long as he calls God's name and is hard on LGBT rights or some hogwash.

Also there's a record number of international students switching to Canadian schools for further studies because of his immigration rhetorics. Funny thing is the funds these students bring into such US Universities are what subsidies it for the local student populations most times. But hey as long as we shout MAGA. Everything is fine.

5 Likes

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by bedspread: 11:54am On Jun 15, 2018
Let's see who Loses!!!

I see Canadians getting Tired!!

1 Like

Re: Canadians Boycotting U.S. Products, Cancelling Trips To The U.S. In Protest(Pics by JARUSHUB: 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Damn! Israel Just Killed 3 Hamas Generals. / Meet The Heir Of Osama Bin Laden Being Hunted By The United States / Breaking! Donald Trump Set To Be Removed As U.S President Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.