Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News (10025 Views)

Alex Otti's Campaign Council Chairman, Nnanna Ngwu Is Dead / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 16, 2018
Westbestside:
Lol, let show our pictures here. Don't go bring celebrity's picture o. Whether you believe stunted or not no concern me cos I will ask why aki n pawpaw are stunted. All your effort to run from question I asked is futile. grin

And why do u want my pic? u want to masturbate to it?

weird fellow
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by DrGoodman: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2018
May I remind these set of afonjas takling gibberish here, that part of what annoyed afonjas was Nnanna's insistence that Igbos should keep their lead in the entertainment industry and be better than the yorubas.

My question,

I want to see where Ochereome Nnanna asked Agbor people to be better than the others.

Hello!

Anyone home?

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by DrGoodman: 11:53am On Jun 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
and let's assume they are igbo, does that mean delta belongs to igbo?

If you ever find a place I mentioned that entire Delta belongs to Igbo, I will dash you five thousand naira for you to take your girlfriend out for dinner grin

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
Your question is dumb.
I don't entertain stupid question.

This is like asking if ijebu or egba is Yoruba or not ..

Ask any ijebu people if they are Yoruba or ekiti kete.
Then correlate it with your dumb question and tell me how it relates with what I wrote.

Isikuato have identified themselves as igbos, can you same the same for ika people for example?

so why u come dey disturb ur self for igbos matter?

even if ika ppl say they are igbos u afonjas will still not be satisfied, u would give them a billion and one reasons why they are not.

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by honourhim: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2018
honeychild:

OP, you didn't bother to do your proper research before you rushed to open a post to abuse Yoruba people. I noticed you have ignored posters who repeatedly said the man is from Abia state. Is it true? Is he from Abia state? If so please can you issue your apology to the people you called hypocrites?

When i find where i read about his Delta origin i will bring it up here.

I have no apologies concerning the hypocrisy of the Yoruba and some parts of delta. Their hypocritical tendencies go beyond this thread.

This does not mean that Igbos and other tribes are saints. They have their own bad sides too.

For now i still dont believe that Nnanna is from Abiriba.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 11:59am On Jun 16, 2018
DrGoodman:

Which Okun man has ever headed Afenifere?
See dumb question, which oyo, ijesha, awori, egba or ekiti people ever head afenifere before. So it means all of them are not yorubas cos none of them ever head afenifere. Ipob logic. You just proved pro nwosu right once again. grin

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
Tushkito:

And why do u want my pic? u want to masturbate to it?

weird fellow
Shut up a d let post our pic to prove ourselves. Are you scared of your ugly face? cheesy
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by DrGoodman: 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
Westbestside:
See dumb question, which oyo, ijesha, awori, egba or ekiti people ever head afenifere before. So it means all of them are not yorubas cos none of them ever head afenifere. Ipob logic. You just proved pro nwosu right once again. grin

oyo, ijebu, ijesha, awori, egba and ekiti are in the 6 states of yorubas. Okun is in the north.

Can you spot the difference?

If you still can't, go for a refund of your school fees grin

6 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
honourhim:

I have no apologies concerning the hypocrisy of the Yoruba and some parts of delta. Their hypocritical tendencies go beyond this thread.

This does not mean that Igbos and other tribes are saints. They have their own bad sides too.

Oga, go sleep, nnanna is from abia state.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
DrGoodman:

If you ever find a place I mentioned that entire Delta belongs to Igbo, I will dash you five thousand naira for you to take your girlfriend out for dinner grin
That is how this ppl peddle lies from their bedrooms in ogbomosho, the first lie, they said igbos what Niger delta oil not knowing that there is a place in the present rivers state called obigbo with indigenous igbos,that produces oil but was craved out into rivers, but they've seen that the lie is becoming stale

now they have produced another one, that igbos say that the whole of delta is IGBO land

6 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
DrGoodman:

oyo, ijebu, ijesha, awori, egba and ekiti are in the 6 states of yorubas. Okun is in the north.

Can you spot the difference?

If you still can't, go fo a refund of your school fees grin
Yes cos your logic is dumb. Anyone that not headed ndigbo are not igbo. Ipob logic. Lazy thinking is a great disease grin. What is the name of your community school you attended?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Westbestside:
Shut up a d let post our pic to prove ourselves. Are you scared of your ugly face? cheesy

more like I don't want ur disgusting semen all over my pics.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by EarthXmetahuman: 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
DrGoodman:

then why are you quoting me up and down..

My post is for those who believe delta belongs to igbo or ss is theirs.

Now run along.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Odingo1: 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

Now run along.
Mr man stop peddling lies, on no account have any Igbo person claim Delta sate as Igboland nor SS as Igbo heritage,stop making fool of yourself here pls.

The Igbos in SS only include, Ikwerre, Anioma, Etche, Igbanke, Ika, Abua, Egbema,Omuma etc.

SS have so many other tribes which are not Igbos and no Igbo man in history or present have ever claim that they are Igbos.

8 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by AdaFonju: 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
honourhim:

You don't have to believe, he is from Abriba

Here is a quote from him

Even members of the younger generation of the former Biafrans have never seen anything like it. The fear of Boko Haram has permeated the grassroots. A couple of weeks ago, we visited my hometown, Abiriba, and a woman who lives in the village told a story of how people returning from the farms scampered into the bush when they saw a helicopter landing in the compound of a friend of mine, Abbott.

News site
https://naija247news.com/2014/08/11/between-boko-haram-and-biafra-war-by-ochereome-nnanna/

Now the right thing to do is to apologize for your mistake

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by obailala(m): 12:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
mabea:
How much do you know about delta igbo names to make you think that Nnanna does not sound like a delta igbo names? Maybe you should remove the igbo in the delta.
Tushkito:
since u are now an expert in IGBO namology, u know the kind of name each IGBO clan answer, then tell me where are u from?
Tushkito:

And where are u from then?
Dear Tushkito,
By repeatedly asking me where I'm from, I think I already know exactly where you're headed; you probably want to drag the argument to the simpleminded realm of "Oh he's not from this area, so he shouldn't have a right to know what typical names from the area sounds like." But may I remind you, irrespective of where I'm from, I dont have to be from Russia to know what typical Russian names sound like, neither do I have to be from or live in Spain or Akwa-Ibom to know what typical Spanish or Akwa-Ibom names sound like. I already made my point, after living and mingling in Delta state for over 20 years, 'Ochereome' doesnt exactly sound like a typical or common Anioma name, neither does 'Nnanna'; this is just my opinion, and it has nothing exactly to do with the issue discussed on this thread which I'm not really interested in. And and by the way, since you're so interested in where I'm from to cap your argument, I'm from Imo.

Dear Mabea,
From close interaction, I think I have a fairly good appreciation of Delta Igbo names and I haven't really come across any Anioma person who bears 'Nnanna' or 'Ochereome'; but that is not to say it's impossible. By the way, what exactly do you mean by "Removing the Igbo in Delta"? You lost me there.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by DrGoodman: 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:

Now run along.

The whole of delta state cannot be said to belong to Igbos, but there are Igbos in large numbers in Delta state, especially Delta North, same with most parts of Rivers state, Igbo people can also be found in small numbers in Edo state.

Yorubas are found in Kogi and Kwara states, but they are minorities there too.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by kingzizzy: 1:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
I really don't have time with people with chronic comprehension problem. So this is gonna be my last quote to you.
I'm gonna make dummy it down that even dummiest of all dummies would understand.

Geographically, igbos have 5 states.
Just like Yorubas have six states.

Now there are so many Yoruba sub group in North Central all the way to Benin republic.

Now imagine Yoruba claiming, yorubas own benin republic because there are many sub Yoruba groups there who actually bears Yoruba names or speaks Yoruba without considering if they actually want to be Yorubas or not or other tribes that live together with other Yoruba sub group in benin republic.

Igbos geaographically have 5 states, ss has many tribes including sub igbos who haven't come out and say they actually want to be igbos. Yet those in the 5 states are already lumping them into their biafla dream or calling them what they don't want to be called.

Attaching themselves to them by force.

There is even one ediot arguing with me that ibibio and ijaw are igbo sub group to. You can see the level of stupidity.

Anyhoo. Read slowly this time. Any other dumb quote will be well ignored.

You are talking from both sides of your mouth, contradicting your self and making your self sound strange. The state a person happens to fall into is not what makes the person Igbo or not. In 1960, there were no states and no SS, so how do you think an Igbo man was recognised back then? He was recognised by language, name and culture. Today, people like you are using states to judge who is Igbo and who is not? You even used Yoruba and Benin Republic as an example. Yorubas are the second largest ethnic group in Benin. The fact that they were carved into Benin Republic dies not take away the fact that they are Yorubas. So why does it take away that the Igbos carved into Delta state or Rivers state are no longer Igbo?

Now if you say that those people are not Igbo because you haven't seen them accept to be called Igbos, did you see the Nsukka man.of Enugu ever declare to be Igbo? Have you ever seen the Orlu man of Imo state declare to be Igbo? Did you see the Isiukwuato man of Abia claim not be Igbo? But if they ask you, you will say they are Igbo because of the states they belong to.

Igbo has nothing to do with the state a person belongs to, Igbo is about the group of people who speak a language, have ancestral Igbo surnames and observe the same culture/tradition. So whatever the Anioma man of Delta thinks he is or what Ikwerre think they are or what the Nnewi man wants to call him self. What matters is that all these people speak the Igbo language, have Igbo surnames and Igbo culture.

Former Governor of Rivers state, Chibike Amaechi has told the world that he is an Ikwerre man and proud Igbo man. The Secretary-General of Ohaneze is Uche Okwukwu, an Ikwerre man from Rivers state. A former President General of Ohaneze, late Ralph Uwechue was a native of Ogwashi-Ukwu in Delta state. So who is Igbo and who is not?

One last thing, you keep saying that Igbos have 5 states. The Igalas of Anambra state , the Idomas of Enugu state, The Ibibios of Abia state, the Legbos of Ebonyi state, are they all also included in your so called "5 Igbo states"? They have become Igbos for being carved into those states?

6 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by mangoman00: 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2018
Deciet , misinformation and falsehood were prevailing in Nigeria especially in the 20th century because some of these Ibadan/Lagos brown envelope journalists who fed the gullible society with soured cake coated with icing sugar,calling themselves sophisticated.I tell u
soon and very soon water shall find its level.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by mabea: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
@ Obailala, all right the point there is that an igbo name is expected to be used anywhere igbo language is spoken. Ochereome is not a popular igbo name but can be used anywhere and by anyone as long as u are igbo while Nnanna is. The 'the igbo in the delta' simply means that except the term 'delta' is used alone without adding 'igbo' to it then and then only can you expect it not to sound like a delta igbo name

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
mangoman00:
Deciet , misinformation and falsehood were prevailing in Nigeria especially in the 20th century because some of these Ibadan/Lagos brown envelope journalists who fed the gullible society with soured cake coated with icing sugar,calling themselves sophisticated.I tell u
soon and very soon water shall find its level.
Sharap, is he from delta? Ipob doing everything to grab delta. He's from ABIA state.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by mangoman00: 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Westbestside:
Sharap, is he from delta? Ipob doing everything to grab delta. He's from ABIA state.
"Sharap-- Sharap--idiot"that's the only reply u can offer .Sorry this ur intimidation will last but for a while because surely the voice of reasoning shall prevail and it will be done on you that u are in no way sophisticated.

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by honourhim: 3:51pm On Jun 16, 2018
Odingo1:

Mr man stop peddling lies, on no account have any Igbo person claim Delta sate as Igboland nor SS as Igbo heritage,stop making fool of yourself here pls.

The Igbos in SS only include, Ikwerre, Anioma, Etche, Igbanke, Ika, Abua, Egbema,Omuma etc.

SS have so many other tribes which are not Igbos and no Igbo man in history or present have ever claim that they are Igbos.

its only the Elele side of Ikwerre that agrees that they are Igbos, The rest of Ikwerre people said they are not Igbos so lets leave them out of the Igbo calculation pls.

Some part of Etche also said they are not Igbos so lets leave them out. Same goes for the other ones you mentioned. Those who said they are not Igbos should be left out of our calculation.

We are not benefiting anything from them even if they accept tobe igbos and we have nothing to lose if they say they are not. They need us more than we need them. They are not near us in achievements. We are far ahead of all of them.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by honourhim: 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
AdaFonju:

You don't have to believe, he is from Abriba

Here is a quote from him

Even members of the younger generation of the former Biafrans have never seen anything like it. The fear of Boko Haram has permeated the grassroots. A couple of weeks ago, we visited my hometown, Abiriba, and a woman who lives in the village told a story of how people returning from the farms scampered into the bush when they saw a helicopter landing in the compound of a friend of mine, Abbott.

News site
https://naija247news.com/2014/08/11/between-boko-haram-and-biafra-war-by-ochereome-nnanna/

Now the right thing to do is to apologize for your mistake

Which mistake? I read a document that said Delta state. As for the hypocrisy thing, I have no apologies. I dont apologize for saying th truth.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by kayfra: 4:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
DrGoodman:
May I remind these set of afonjas takling gibberish here, that part of what annoyed afonjas was Nnanna's insistence that Igbos should keep their lead in the entertainment industry and be better than the yorubas.

My question,

I want to see where Ochereome Nnanna asked Agbor people to be better than the others.

Hello!

Anyone home?

Keep what lead? The one they never had? Lmao

The man was complaining about yoruba dominance, not igbo keeping any fictitious lead grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by DrGoodman: 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
kayfra:

Keep what lead? The one they never had? Lmao

The man was complaining about yoruba dominance, not igbo keeping any fictitious lead grin

My question, 

Hello!

Anyone home?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by viscerion: 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
Delta state does not BELONG to the western region, it was packed into it, or are you saying the Igbos in Asaba belong to western region(neither do they belong to eastern region by the way).

Deltans don't claim there are no Igbos in Delta, Asaba, Isele uku, Ibusa are Igbo lands, but Kwale, Agbor, Obiaruku are not, but Igbo still wants to claim them cause of oil

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
viscerion:
Delta state does not BELONG to the western region, it was packed into it, or are you saying the Igbos in Asaba belong to western region(neither do they belong to eastern region by the way).

Deltans don't claim there are no Igbos in Delta, Asaba, Isele uku, Ibusa are Igbo lands, but Kwale, Agbor, Obiaruku are not, but Igbo still wants to claim them cause of oil
They have started again with their lies

3 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
obailala:

Dear Tushkito,
By repeatedly asking me where I'm from, I think I already know exactly where you're headed; you probably want to drag the argument to the simpleminded realm of "Oh he's not from this area, so he shouldn't have a right to know what typical names from the area sounds like." But may I remind you, irrespective of where I'm from, I dont have to be from Russia to know what typical Russian names sound like, neither do I have to be from or live in Spain or Akwa-Ibom to know what typical Spanish or Akwa-Ibom names sound like. I already made my point, after living and mingling in Delta state for over 20 years, 'Ochereome' doesnt exactly sound like a typical or common Anioma name, neither does 'Nnanna'; this is just my opinion, and it has nothing exactly to do with the issue discussed on this thread which I'm not really interested in. And and by the way, since you're so interested in where I'm from to cap your argument, I'm from Imo.

Dear Mabea,
From close interaction, I think I have a fairly good appreciation of Delta Igbo names and I haven't really come across any Anioma person who bears 'Nnanna' or 'Ochereome'; but that is not to say it's impossible. By the way, what exactly do you mean by "Removing the Igbo in Delta"? You lost me there.

my friend nnanna is a popular IGBO name, don't know about ochereome though, sounds very old to me or maybe it's the dialect,but even at that you cannot detect accurately whether someone is from a particular axis of IGBOland by just the name.

For eg amadi is quite popular with the ikwerre ppl in rivers state, in fact I know alot of them bear the name but that doesn't mean that someone from IMO state can't answer the name, maybe going by ur logic u would lump all amadi bearing ppl into ikwerre, and have u forgotten about our lion of ubima, chibuike ameachi? would you say that his name doesn't sound ikwerre so therefore he must be one of the ameachi's from Anambra or enugu?

I can't have an outsider telling me the kind of names my ppl bears simply because u are living in the same con3 with me.

WHERE ARE U FROM?

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by AdaFonju: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
honourhim:

Which mistake? I read a document that said Delta state. As for the hypocrisy thing, I have no apologies. I dont apologize for saying th truth.
Where is the document, can you kindly share

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by obailala(m): 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
Tushkito:

my friend nnanna is a popular IGBO name, don't know about ochereome though, sounds very old to me or maybe it's the dialect,but even at that you cannot detect accurately whether someone is from a particular axis of IGBOland by just the name.

For eg amadi is quite popular with the ikwerre ppl in rivers state, in fact I know alot of them bear the name but that doesn't mean that someone from IMO state can't answer the name, maybe going by ur logic u would lump all amadi bearing ppl into ikwerre, and have u forgotten about our lion of ubima, chibuike ameachi? would you say that his name doesn't sound ikwerre so therefore he must be one of the ameachi's from Anambra or enugu?

I can't have an outsider telling me the kind of names my ppl bears simply because u are living in the same con3 with me.

WHERE ARE U FROM?

Just to remind you again of what I said before, a person mustn't have to be from a particular place for him to have an understanding or have a 'right' to know what names from a particular area sound like. You aren't from Rivers or from Ikwerre land, but you just gave an example of 'Amadi' being a common Ikwerre name. It would be totally flawed logic for me to challenge your right to know that so I wonder why you choose to challenge my right to know that Ochereome and Nnanna dont sound like typical Anioma names. kindly put aside your mentality of questioning where I'm from; it'sa baseless argument approach.

Back to the main issue, you said Nnanna is an Igbo name and that one cannot detect accurately what part a person is from just based on their name; but that is wrong and you just contradicted yourself by acknowledging that the name 'Amadi' is very common amongst the Ikwerres. Kindly go back to my last post and re-read it. Just like we all agree 'Amadi' is a common Ikwerre name, I also put it to you that Nnanna and Ochereome do not sound like typical Anioma names. I don't seem to understand why you feel troubled with my comment even when you still buttressed the same point with your exexample

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ndume: Terrorists Using Arms Stolen From Nigerian Military To Kill Citizens / APC To Atiku Abubakar - No Plot To Undermine Judiciary / PDP NWC Paid A Condolence Visit To Victims Of Herdsmen Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.