Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News (10019 Views)

Alex Otti's Campaign Council Chairman, Nnanna Ngwu Is Dead / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Moneywomen17(m): 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
honourhim:

Which mistake? I read a document that said Delta state. As for the hypocrisy thing, I have no apologies. I dont apologize for saying th truth.
post the document where u read it or remain a fucking liar like everybody already know u are

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
obailala:
Just to remind you again of what I said before, a person mustn't have to be from a particular place for him to have an understanding or have a 'right' to know what names from a particular area sound like. You aren't from Rivers or from Ikwerre land, but you just gave an example of 'Amadi' being a common Ikwerre name. It would be totally flawed logic for me to challenge your right to know that so I wonder why you choose to challenge my right to know that Ochereome and Nnanna dont sound like typical Anioma names. kindly put aside your mentality of questioning where I'm from; it'sa baseless argument approach.

Back to the main issue, you said Nnanna is an Igbo name and that one cannot detect accurately what part a person is from just based on their name; but that is wrong and you just contradicted yourself by acknowledging that the name 'Amadi' is very common amongst the Ikwerres. Kindly go back to my last post and re-read it. Just like we all agree 'Amadi' is a common Ikwerre name, I also put it to you that Nnanna and Ochereome do not sound like typical Anioma names. I don't seem to understand why you feel troubled with my comment even when you still buttressed the same point with your exexample

yes I said amadi is a common name for ikwerre but u failed to understand the part where I also said the ppl from IMO state also bear the name, so not all amadis are ikwerre ppl.

this is to put it to u that u cannot always use a name to check where a particular IGBO is from, it's just safer to ask.

oga am IGBO and u are not since u have refused to tell me where u are from so don't come here with that bullsh*t.

stick to ur tribe and leave others alone.

Bye

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by willibounce1(m): 8:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
Attache by force.

Delta is muti ethnic that's why no tribe can lay claim to delta state.

There are sub igbo group in delta, but that doesn't make delta an igbo land. Just because we have groups like itskeris who bear Yoruba names in delta all the way to bayelsa doesn't make entire delta state a Yoruba land.

The problem people have with igbos is acting like ss is theirs for the taking .. That's why most ethnic groups in ss always deny them whenever they ask for support in anything.

They lump everyone together and call them igbo as long as they bear igbo name. They don't care if the person wants to be called igbo or not.

Face your five eroded pigland state and find a way of developing it without attaching yourself by force with south south.
Trust me, if you show them you can stay on your own without them, those sub groups that keep denying their igbo identity will be the one begging to be called igbo not the other way around.

nna cheregodim nau! you want our blothers to cly rike babies? osi gini...biko show our ipod blothers mercy...biko

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
willibounce1:

nna cheregodim nau! you want our blothers to cly rike babies? osi gini...biko show our ipod blothers mercy...biko

what's this one saying? u must be a monkey

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by willibounce1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
Tushkito:

what's this one saying? u must be a monkey

ipod miscreant...how market?

HAVE YOU BLAMED AFONJAS TODAY?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by LaudableXX: 12:02am On Jun 17, 2018
honourhim:
You aint interested yet you came here to write. I laugh at you stu.pidity. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by LaudableXX: 12:21am On Jun 17, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
What is funny in the nonsense the BMC stooge wrote..
Is it funny to you that Nigerians are suffering and dying on a daily basis under the watchful eyes of the worst government ever known to man... The dude is selfishly hustling hard to feed... Don't be deceived by this

What is belovedbuhari... A known terrorist round the world
It is a pity that the last post I responded to, has been hidden. sad I would have loved to re-post it, so that everyone can see how illogical you are. But I need to ask you.... please what exactly is your problem? shocked Someone made a remark that was funny, which was not even related to 'Nigerians suffering or dying,' and I laughed.

Is it a crime to laugh? How is it my fault that you lack a sense of humour, biko? Why did you have to get all edgy and disgruntled, and then turn round to bring up the issue of Nigerians suffering & dying, into a conversation that did not make reference to such a thing in the first place?

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by obailala(m): 2:29am On Jun 17, 2018
Tushkito:

yes I said amadi is a common name for ikwerre but u failed to understand the part where I also said the ppl from IMO state also bear the name, so not all amadis are ikwerre ppl.

this is to put it to u that u cannot always use a name to check where a particular IGBO is from, it's just safer to ask.

oga am IGBO and u are not since u have refused to tell me where u are from so don't come here with that bullsh*t.

[s]stick to ur tribe and leave others alone.[/s]

Bye
Huh?! Are you kidding me?... Is my English grammar that difficult for someone who writes English as good as you do to comprehend?... Sorry to say but you are clearly the one who failed to comprehend simple English sentences because you were probably in a desperate hurry to just respond with a pre-meditated attack even before spending a second to read and understand first.

Firstly, I said Amadi is a very common Ikwerre name, nowhere did I directly or indirectly imply that only Ikwerres bear Amadi. So where exactly did you pick that weird conclusion from that you're so excited about?

Secondly, I said Nnanna didn't sound like a common Anioma name and neither does Ochereome. Nowhere did I say or imply that it was IMPOSSIBLE for someone from Delta to bear those name; if only you bothered to digest a message before rushing to reply, you should have also noted that.

Anyway, I hope you're happy now that you have finally used the pointless argument you've been dying to use all day? i.e. "I am Igbo and you are not... and a non-Igbo has no right to discuss any topic related to Igbos".... But sorry to burst your little bubble; I am from the heartland of Igboland Imo state. If only you were paying attention and not just in a hurry to reply with the above argument, then maybe you should have read where I mentioned my origins to you the very first time you asked.

And yeah finally, you are wrong about an assertion you made; it is indeed possible to guess to a certain level of accuracy, the place a person is from purely by the person's name, especially if the person bears certain unique names; e.g. if a person tells me their name is Amadi, I know theres a 70% chance they are from Rivers.... Now if you can't read and comprehend this too, then I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to continue with this exchange.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by dasparrow: 2:55am On Jun 17, 2018
obailala:
Ochereome, Nnanna. Hmmm...These two names absolutely do not sound like Delta Igbo names, I'd be surprised if he is truly from Delta.

He is not from Delta State. He is from Abariba in Abia State. You know some people look for any excuse under the sun to bash Delta State or South-South people
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by irrefragable: 10:04am On Jun 17, 2018
Westbestside:
You 'had' asked. Which ipob grammar is this? grin
Excuse me sir, can you please correct that statement. I will like to know how much you understand grammar.
Cc. DrGoodman

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by honourhim: 10:24am On Jun 17, 2018
[quote author=LaudableXX post=68556133][/quote]
Only frustrated fools like you think that brain can be bought. Shame
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by gaby(m): 10:48am On Jun 17, 2018
VERY HISTORIC PIECE

Copied from "FRIENDS IKOYI CLUB 1938" Forum posted by Adenike Marinho, a Medical Doctor.

Tunde Oduwole, I-QS.
14.06.'18.

HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE OF HATRED
I had the privilege of attending some meetings of the Yoruba and Igbo Leaders. I was not a leader but a youth who knew how to wash his hands. At one of those meetings in Owerri, I think in 1989, I think, I listened to Uncle Bola Ige and other Yoruba Leaders take the likes of Mbakwe, R. B. Okafor and others to the cleaners when the Igbo said the Yoruba were betrayers, citing that Chief Obafemi Awolowo led them into secession with a promise that if the Igbo left Nigeria, the Yoruba would follow suit. They accused him of not following up on his promise. Trust Uncle Bola Ige! He pointed to Chief Mbakwe and said, "you were there in the meeting between Awolowo and Ojukwu as I was. Is that statement correct?".He turned to two other Igbo and two Yoruba Leaders who were at that meeting and asked the same question, saying he had transcripts of the meeting between Awolowo and Ojukwu. They kept quiet while the Yoruba Leaders affirmed that Awolowo never promised to follow the East into secession. What he said was that if the Igbo were "driven" out of Nigeria the Yoruba would take it seriously and reassess their own position. Igbo Leaders DID NOT CONTEST this version. Then Chief Bola Ige threw in the clincher! "Who are you to accuse the Yoruba of betrayal?" he roared, and continued:
1. At Independence Awolowo offered a joint government between the NCNC and AG, with Zik as Prime Minister and Awo as Finance Minister. Awo and Zik "were still negotiating" when it was announced that Zik would be President in a coalition with NPC of the North. The East then collaborated in destroying the West and sending Awolowo and his leutenants to jail!
2. What of the 1965 elections which the West and the East agreed to boycott? We met all night and reached agreement about 3am on the day of the election. In the morning, while the Yoruba boycotted the election, the Igbo went to vote
3. After the 1979 elections Yoruba (UPN) and Igbo (APP?) Leaders were still at the negotiating table for a coalition when to their surprise, an announcement was heard that the Igbo (APP) had agreed to a coalition with the North (NPN)
4. After the 1983 elections, 1979 repeated itself. Not giving up, Awolowo reached out to Azikiwe again for cooperation. Talks started and they met in Benin where Awo pleaded passionately that only a collaboration between The Igbo and the Yoruba could save Nigeria. They didn't reach agreement but promised to meet again. Before the next meeting, the Igbo had again teamed up with the North
Uncle Bola paused and then continued "we can go on and on. So how dare you accuse the Yoruba of betrayal? How many Igbo have been killed in Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Oshogbo (he mentioned other Yoruba towns)? You have your businesses in the West and went to Western schools. Yet you count the Yoruba as your enemy. You get killed in Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Zaria etc and have your goods looted yet you consider the Hausa/ Fulani your friends. It's your choice. If you want to be slaves for ever, we can't help you"
I had never been so scared in my life. I thought the roof was going to fall. There was a pin drop silence and no Igbo dared interrupt Uncle Bola Ige because he was telling the truth. The Yoruba Leaders ended the meeting at that point and left. I hope Chief C. O. Adebayo's memoirs will give more details of those exchanges.
Now to make three points from all this:
A. The Yoruba have been stretching their hand across the Niger for a handshake for a long time. The Igbo refused to take it for a long time until recently
B. Many Igbo Leaders of the 70s, 80s and 90s deliberately perpetrated the legend of Awolowo's role betraying them into the civil war and his role in prosecuting the war, to rally the Igbo population behind themselves. The Igbo agreed on Yoruba hatred than on any other issue. So it was the fabric that held them together for a long time
C. Time heals all things. Many Igbo reading this will be hearing for the first time that their leaders of old knew for a truth that Awolowo did not break his word to Ojukwu as alleged. And to think of it, EVEN IF OUR PARENTS QUARRELLED, SHOULD WE THE NEW GENERATION CONTINUE THE SAME WAY?. ITS TIME TO COME TOGETHER AND MAKE THE HANDSHAKE ACROSS THE NIGER WORK FOR THE SAKE OF OUR PEOPLES AND NIGERIA
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 10:50am On Jun 17, 2018
irrefragable:
Excuse me sir, can you please correct that statement. I will like to know how much you understand grammar.
Cc. DrGoodman
'have' don't come and murder grammar here.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by irrefragable: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2018
Westbestside:
'have' don't come and murder grammar here.
'had'' is the past tense of "have/has". " I had asked" is the past perfect tense of "I have asked",(which is a present perfect tense).Please know your grammar before coming online to disgrace yourself or at least ask first.
Cc. DrGoodman

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by DrGoodman: 11:20am On Jun 17, 2018
irrefragable:
'had'' is the past tense of "have/has". " I had asked" is the past perfect tense of "I have asked",(which is a present perfect tense).Please know your grammar before coming online to disgrace yourself or at least ask first.
Cc. DrGoodman

Very good Sir, he was only trying to derail my punches as I was pummelling his brain then, he had no answer than to clutch at straws grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 11:43am On Jun 17, 2018
[s]
irrefragable:
Cc. DrGoodman
[/s]Wow, clapping for you. In fact, I didn't know that had is the past tense of have/has na, unless you are just telling me, I thought it is future tense of have and has ni. So in your own ipob grammar, 'I had asked' is correct sentence. Wait, how did it sounds to your brain. You people just like disgracing yourselves on social media. Abeg, carry your ipob grammar to your biafra. No come destroy seun's forum for us with your horrible English. I had asked. grin. The grammarian.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by DrGoodman: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2018
Westbestside:
[s][/s]Wow, clapping for you. In fact, I didn't know that had is the past tense of have/has na, unless you are just telling me, I thought it is future tense of have and has ni. So in your own ipob grammar, 'I had asked' is correct sentence. Wait, how did it sounds to your brain. You people just like disgracing yourselves on social media. Abeg, carry your ipob grammar to your biafra. No come destroy seun's forum for us with your horrible English. I had asked. grin. The grammarian.

I don't blame you, rather, I blame Awolowo's free and useless education for your folly grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 11:48am On Jun 17, 2018
irrefragable:
Cc. DrGoodman
I didn't know that had is the past tense of have/has before na, if not that you are just telling me now. I thought it is the future tense of have /has. Mr grammarian. grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 11:51am On Jun 17, 2018
DrGoodman:

I blame Awolowo's free and useless education for your folly grin
Keep mentioning awoo achievements with your you had asked grammar. If you are asked to mention one ojukwu's achievement now, you can't. But you keep mentioning that of awooo. I had asked.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by DrGoodman: 11:52am On Jun 17, 2018
Westbestside:
Keep mentioning awoo achievements with your you had asked grammar. If you are asked to mention one ojukwu's achievement now, you can't. But you keep mentioning that of awooo. I had asked.

His achievements also include drinking a large bottle of rat poison, remember that grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by irrefragable: 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
Westbestside:
[s][/s]Wow, clapping for you. In fact, I didn't know that had is the past tense of have/has na, unless you are just telling me, I thought it is future tense of have and has ni. So in your own ipob grammar, 'I had asked' is correct sentence. Wait, how did it sounds to your brain. You people just like disgracing yourselves on social media. Abeg, carry your ipob grammar to your biafra. No come destroy seun's forum for us with your horrible English. I had asked. grin. The grammarian.
Sir, you're the grammarian here because you were the one correcting someone at first; and please,do remember to google 'tense forms' to know the 12 tense forms.
English grammar does not need to sound nice to your ears to make it correct and remember that those that sound nice to your ears might be incorrect.
If you still don't understand the use of past perfect tense forms and present perfect tense forms, you need to go back to your secondary school English teacher and demand to be given lessons on tense forms,because the school fees you paid then has not been fully exhausted if you still don't know this SS1 SECOND TERM TOPIC.
Please read up tense forms and save yourself this embarrassment you're making of yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
DrGoodman:

His achievements also include drinking a large bottle of rat poison, remember that grin
Abi o, at least, he didn't waste his own people and run away at the end, then come back and be betrayed by the same people by not voting him. So much for ojukwu, they are praising him after death, but refused to vote him when alive. grin, ojukwu yaff suffered.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
irrefragable:
Sir, you're the grammarian here because you were the one correcting someone at first; and please,do remember to google 'tense forms' to know the 12 tense forms.
English grammar does not need to sound nice to your ears to make it correct and remember that those that sound nice to your ears might be incorrect.
If you still don't understand the use of past perfect tense forms and present perfect tense forms, you need to go back to your secondary school English teacher and demand to be given lessons on tense forms,because the school fees you paid then has not been fully exhausted if you still don't know this SS1 SECOND TERM TOPIC.
Please read up tense forms and save yourself this embarrassment you're making of yourself.
Now, if I ask you to differentiate between 'I have asked' and 'I had asked' now, you won't know. And you are saying you and your boy understand what you are saying. What is the difference between them? Do not use Google for me o cos I will get you.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by irrefragable: 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
Westbestside:
Now, if I ask you to differentiate between 'I have asked' and 'I had asked' now, you won't know. And you are saying you and your boy understand what you are saying. What is the difference between them? Do not use Google for me o cos I will get you.
Lol..I won't use Google. I've already taught this topic a lot to start going back for a refresher.
'I have asked' is a present perfect action I.e an action that has just taken place. For example if you just finished giving someone an ice cream, you could say "I have given him/her an ice cream''

" I had asked" is a past perfect action I.e an action that took place in the past before another action. If two actions take place in the past, the first is referred to as a past perfect action. For example, if you just finished giving someone an ice cream before someone else shows up, you say "I had given him/her an ice cream before (name) showed up" not " I have given him/her an ice cream before (name) showed up"

In the case between you and DrGoodman , he had asked the question (about okun being Yoruba's)and received a reply I.e two actions had already taken place. So "I had asked" is correct in that context.

I think you should tender an unreserved apology to him.

I won't mind a word of gratitude, if it should be thrown in my direction for this enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by LaudableXX: 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ziggylady:
You had better shut up!!....Why are you not screeching that Delta State is not Igbo like you ogbomoso people love to do?..-yeye.

Na wa, o! shocked Do you want them to scream that Delta State is Igbo? shocked Is that why you are upset with those you call the 'Ogbomoso' people? What do you really want?

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Ziggylady(f): 11:53pm On Jun 17, 2018
LaudableXX:

Na wa, o! shocked Do you want them to scream that Delta State is Igbo? shocked Is that why you are upset with those you call the 'Ogbomoso' people? What do you really want?

*#$!(@*€£¥₩
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
[s]
irrefragable:
Lol..I won't use Google. I've already taught this topic a lot to start going back for a refresher.
'I have asked' is a present perfect action I.e an action that has just taken place. For example if you just finished giving someone an ice cream, you could say "I have given him/her an ice cream''

" I had asked" is a past perfect action I.e an action that took place in the past before another action. If two actions take place in the past, the first is referred to as a past perfect action. For example, if you just finished giving someone an ice cream before someone else shows up, you say "I had given him/her an ice cream before (name) showed up" not " I have given him/her an ice cream before (name) showed up"

In the case between you and DrGoodman , he had asked the question (about okun being Yoruba's)and received a reply I.e two actions had already taken place. So "I had asked" is correct in that context.

I think you should tender an unreserved apology to him.

I won't mind a word of gratitude, if it should be thrown in my direction for this enlightenment.
[/s]Apology my foot.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by irrefragable: 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Westbestside:
[s][/s]Apology my foot.
you accused him of being wrong when you were the one who was wrong, so he deserves an apology.

And, what about saying 'thank you' to me at least ,for this little lecture.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by honourhim: 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
irrefragable:
you accused him of being wrong when you were the one who was wrong, so he deserves an apology.

grin
Re: The Hypocrisy Of Delta & Yoruba People Over The Case Of Nnanna Of Vanguard News by Westbestside: 2:51am On Jun 19, 2018
irrefragable:

Which lecture?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Hunger Level ‘Serious’, Ranks 103 Out Of 121 Countries / Rotimi Amaechi: Beyond The Hype / Buy Nigeria: Law Makers Approve Innoson Vehicles For Official Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.