Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? (13616 Views)

Before Walking Down The Isle, Know Your Genotypes, Story Of A Sickler / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
agrovick:
Look to the bright side, you don't have to worry about my malaria. gringrin
Not so. AS, not SS, are known to be the most malaria resistant genotype.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
Funnicator:

The stage is set cheesy
cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by MissRaine69(f): 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Not so. I know a few married folks both male and female. And 90-97% of them have kids. Some are even on this forum.
Apart from priapism, which can be managed, sickle cell doesn't have any major effects on fertility.

It does due to priapism and other forms of ED associated with the condition.
Not everyone is affected the same that’s certainly in the examples you have given but you don’t know everyone with SC so let’s put it in that context. Is this not a case of would I date some with SC or not? My reservations are stated above trying to argue the finer points is just a matter of semantics.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

It does due to priapism and other forms of ED associated with the condition.
Not everyone is affected the same that’s certainly in the examples you have given but you don’t know everyone with SC so let’s put it in that context. Is this not a case of would I date some with SC or not? My reservations are stated above trying to argue the finer points is just a matter of semantics.

Get me right, I never stated that priapism doesn't affect some males living with the disease. Nevertheless, I stated that sickle cell doesn't have a major effect on fertility from the little I've read and the people I've come to know, one way or another.

Now, I believe that love makes us do things we otherwise wouldn't. And sickle cell, ED or whatever wouldn't stop you if you want to.

And I hope that you are aware of the simple fact that other diseases can affect male fertility?
Some got married while sexually fit and a few years later, their sexual life was on a rapid decline due to certain health challenges like diabetes.
So, then what? Would you divorce him?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by nonye6194: 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everyone deserves to be loved but damn it's hard! Imagine falling hard with someone that's a stickler and he/she passes away.

Or you are head over heels for the person but can't enter a union to procreate, for fear of children with similar issue.

I remember reading about a couple that had 6-7 sickler kids because the man didn't let the lady know his Genotype on time. now you'll sit and watch your kids suffer and in some cases, pass away

It's possible to date anyone with any medical condition, provided you use your head and follow what's right than letting your heart lead you two in agony
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by MissRaine69(f): 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Get me right, I never stated that priapism doesn't affect some males living with the disease. Nevertheless, I stated that sickle cell doesn't have a major effect on fertility from the little I've read and the people I've come to know, one way or another.

Now, I believe that love makes us do things we otherwise wouldn't. And sickle cell, ED or whatever wouldn't stop you if you want to.

And I hope that you are aware of the simple fact that other diseases can affect male fertility?
Some got married while sexually fit and a few years later, their sexual life was on a rapid decline due to certain health challenges like diabetes.
So, then what? Would you divorce him?

Ffs the post asks “Would you date?” Not if your husband develops a condition 5 years later.
My responses are in context to what was asked not about diabetes or renal failure. So let’s keep things in tang arena.
And no I don’t need internet lessons in Pathophysiology.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by orikzz(m): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Wait sef these days.. Do people know the genotype of their bfs/gfs ..

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

Ffs the post asks “Would you date?” Not if your husband develops a condition 5 years later.
My responses are in context to what was asked not about diabetes or renal failure. So let’s keep things in tang arena.
And no I don’t need internet lessons in Pathophysiology.
So, give the question an answer
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by izzou(m): 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Funnicator:

The stage is set cheesy

Hit the pm button sharparly

grin
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2018
izzou:

Hit the pm button sharparly

grin
wink
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by fancy4eve(f): 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
I cn, as long as he's not looking sick.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by agrovick(m): 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Not so. AS, not SS, are known to be the most malaria resistant genotype.

Wawuu! that's news to me. I thought malaria resistance is synonymous with the SS class.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
agrovick:

Wawuu! that's news to me. I thought malaria resistance is synonymous with the SS class.
It is. The S gene is mutated and resistant to malaria. But the double S gene (SS) is weak and isn't resistant to malaria.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by agrovick(m): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

It is. The S gene is mutated and resistant to malaria. But the double S gene (SS) is weak and isn't resistant to malaria.

Oh! I get it now, thanks for the enlightenment.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, do you still have the attacks?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Preshy561(f): 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
tbh,I really can't.embarassed
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
agrovick:

Oh! I get it now, thanks for the enlightenment.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, do you still have the attacks?
Malaria attacks? Not in recent times.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:
As the world sickle cell day approaches in three days time, I think about sickle cell and the impacts on various aspects of my life, especially my love life.

I haven't actually been in a relationship yet. And while I want to think that it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a sickler, I've noticed a certain trend in the guys I've come to like.

The initial promises, the show of affection, the hesitation, lies and sudden disappearance seems to be a vicious cycle.

So I want to ask, why is that so?
Would you date a sickler if you could?
Why wouldn't you want to date a sickler?

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

If I'm convinced you are for me, I will not just date you, I will marry you.

I have been face to face with people suffering from SS genotype and the miracle-working God turned it to AA confirmed by lab test

If you believe, it will happen! I'm waiting for your own testimony here.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
Preshy561:
tbh,I really can't.embarassed
Care to tell me your reasons?
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
Shewbread:

If I'm convinced you are for me, I will not just date you, I will marry you.

I have been face to face with people suffering from SS genotype and the miracle-working God turned it to AA confirmed by lab test

If you believe, it will happen! I'm waiting for your own testimony here.

Not discrediting your belief in miracles but this is not a religious post.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by izzou(m): 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

wink

I hope distance doesn't ruin this
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by oluwatodimu1(m): 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
i once dated an AA lady that falls sick more than the normal SS/SC. genotype isnt majorly a barrier, if all other stuffs are in place
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by agrovick(m): 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:
Malaria attacks? Not in recent times.
Nah, not referring to malaria attacks.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
No I can't ... They could get sick anytime and die off ... Leaving the other person heartbroken ...
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2018
FDOzioma:
No I can't ... They could get sick anytime and die off ... Leaving the other person heartbroken ...
People die everyday. And I find your comment highly insensitive.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
agrovick:

Nah, not referring to malaria attacks.
Sickle cell crisis? Minor crisis, once a week or two weeks, major, once in a few months.
Depends on some factors sha. Stress, diet etc
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

I find your comment highly insensitive.
I'll have to file that under 'N' for not my problem ...

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2018
You SS, you look it though! But you ain't it. There's nothing God can't do. I'm a AS so it won't be a wise decision, anyways you beautiful wink

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Uniquetani1(f): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
oluwatodimu1:
i once dated an AA lady that falls sick more than the normal SS/SC. genotype isnt majorly a barrier, if all other stuffs are in place

This is me
I have done blood test four times to confirm if I am really AA.
I am even tired of myself. I always fall sick. And wonder y
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Faithscharms2(f): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
Chi59:

Thanks for the advice. But I never stated that I'm sad or dejected or pitying myself. I just used my personal experience to ask a question.
So, would you date a sickler if you could?

Yes I would if I like him..a lot of people die everyday from things as little as headache now so it really makes no difference to me if a person is a sickler or not..

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
FDOzioma:
I'll have to file that under 'N' for not my problem ...
It will be. Stop being ignorant. Everyday, you read of people dying on nairaland. How many of them are SS? How many SS people do you know that has died so far? Ignorance and insensitivity=lethal mix.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Uniquetani1:

This is me
I have done blood test four times to confirm if I am really AA.
I am even tired of myself. I always fall sick. And wonder y

AA does fall sick too, mostly due to malaria attacks. It's kinda normal in some people.
Re: Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Tosinex:
You SS, you look it though! But you ain't it. There's nothing God can't do. I'm a AS so it won't be a wise decision, anyways you beautiful wink
Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Physical features You Want In Your Spouse ? / Happy Birthday Lanicky / His Whatsapp Conversation With His Ex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.