Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 (6440 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

Serbia: 26% (5 votes)
Ghana: 57% (11 votes)
Draw: 15% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Chad:AFCON Qualifier (2 - 0) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by lastpage: 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
@JustCash
Those saying that we should learn from Ghana are indeed Naive and ignorant about Soccer trends. What do we have to learn from Ghana? Nonsense! When they were down and we were up did they learn anything from us? We need to put our house in order, and we dnt need to learn nada from Ghana to do it.
Easy my man, we are not naive in any way!

When we were winning, sometime between 1995 (The Rashidi Yekini Era!) and early 2002, Ghana learnt a lot from us.
For example, they learnt "long preparation".

They learnt that when it comes to the "Fatherland", money does not count, you put your heart and soul into it; and thats what we saw yesterday.
They learnt that "Only when a team works together with a single objective, that team will go places"
They learnt that a football federation that thinks about itself first, can never produce a winning team
They also learnt among many other things, that when you employ "monkeys" in your NFF, your team will be lunging from pillar to post
grin

Having learnt a lot from Nigeria, they are putting it into practice and what matters, THE RESULT, is there for all to see.

unfortunately, like Fela Anikulapo Kuti have said, "Teacher dont teach me nonsense". wink
The Teacher has forgotten its own teachings!
Maaa-Abasi?!
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by ladej(m): 12:05am On Jun 15, 2010
lastpage:

@JustCashEasy my man, we are not naive in any way!

When we were winning, sometime between 1995 (The Rashidi Yekini Era!) and early 2002, Ghana learnt a lot from us.

They learnt that when it comes to the "Fatherland", money does not count, you put your heart and soul into it; and thats what we saw yesterday.
They learnt that "Only when a team works together with a single objective, that team will go places"
They learnt that a football federation that thinks about itself first, can never produce a winning team
They also learnt among many other things, that when you employ "monkeys" in your NFF, your team will be lunging from pillar to post
grin

Having learnt a lot from Nigeria, they are putting it into practice and what matters, THE RESULT, is there for all to see.

unfortunately, like Fela Anikulapo Kuti have said, "Teacher dont teach me nonsense". wink
Maaa-Abasi?!
God bless u sir
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Kgdavid(m): 12:45am On Jun 15, 2010
Ghana did not even play their best eleven. Appiah definately should have started. i think the best possible Ghanaian formation at the moment would be

Derek Boateng Appiah Muntari

Prince Boateng Gyan Asamoah/ Owusu Abeyie

you have got to play to your strengths and ghana's strength is their incredible wealth of midfield talent
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Justcash(m): 5:59am On Jun 15, 2010
lastpage:

@JustCashEasy my man, we are not naive in any way!

grin

unfortunately, like Fela Anikulapo Kuti have said, "Teacher dont teach me nonsense".  wink
Maaa-Abasi?!
[b]

And who told you that they learnt from us before doing those stuffs? My friend, don't generalise your perception! They simply stood up and handled their problems cos they knew what the solution was. We dint go to teach them nada!

We don't have to learn from them. Especially when we know the solution to our problem! Will you start asking your neighbor how he cured his headache, when you know what to use and cure your headache? NO! It is not like we have been trying to solve our soccer problems without success.
My point is, It is simply called a law of "Diminishing returns". In life, one tend to pursue success, when he/she gets to the peak of his/her success, the next movement is downwards. It is natural! Not necessarily because things are being done in a wrong way. It may be due to the increase in the psychological determination of opponents to beat the team.
Cameroun won the CAF nations cup back to back, where are they now? Remember how determined we were when we ensured that they were beaten in the nations cup? That was their bane. It was not because they were getting it wrong. They dint have to learn from us! So because Egypt is winning it now, they have suddenly become perfect. They are so perfect that they couldn't qualify for the world cup, yet they have won the CAF nations cup three times.

Ghana will surely sweat the way Nigeria is sweating when opponents completely recognize them as a deadly team in Africa, and become very determined "NOT TO LOSE". By "NOT TO LOSE" I mean that their opponents may as well not be looking for a win. They just want to make life difficult for them and if possible grab a win in the process. That is the defining factor of who rises in soccer or not.

Nigeria has nothing to learn from Ghana in soccer. If you are talking about politics, I'll agree to some extent. But soccer, NO freaking way!
A time will come when Nigeria will see Ghana as a superior team. At that point, it will definitely take God for Ghana to beat us. The Senegalese 2001-2002 team vs Nigerian team at the same period is a good case to study. At the moment, we still take Ghana as a flash in a pan. When they confirm their current superiority, it will be a heck of a ride for their soccer team.

Stop all these trash talk about learning from Ghana. BTW what do we have to learn from them? Don't come with your organization trash because we got our own Organization. It is working, not dormant. It is just that most of you are too blind to see the positive side. To you, 5 SE positives + 1 SE negative =6 SE negatives. *SE for Super Eagles

If we must make Nigeria to rise, it takes more than negative talks and constant criticism. You need to have a positive psychology, understand the efforts being made to rectify things and work personally towards rectifying things in a lil way you can.

Super Eagles is on the rise, We aint learning from Ghana. Just doing it in our own way.[/b]
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by tlops(m): 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2010
anyone noticed the reation of the coach at the end of the match?

he shuned the jubilation
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by lastpage: 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2010
And who told you that they learnt from us before doing those stuffs? My friend, don't generalise your perception! They simply stood up and handled their problems cos they knew what the solution was. We dint go to teach them nada!

We don't have to learn from them. Especially when we know the solution to our problem! Will you start asking your neighbor how he cured his headache, when you know what to use and cure your headache? NO! It is not like we have been trying to solve our soccer problems without success.
What is the purpose of "KNOWLEDGE" when it is NOT PUT TO GOOD USE? Your argument is pure baloney!

My point is, It is simply called a law of "Diminishing returns". In life, one tend to pursue success, when he/she gets to the peak of his/her success, the next movement is downwards. It is natural! Not necessarily because things are being done in a wrong way. It may be due to the increase in the psychological determination of opponents to beat the team.
I dont know which success you are referring to, here?
When some countries that are less endowed to us (Population and talent-wise) have won the Nations Cup 4-times, yet they dont lay claim to success?! When nations like Brazil, Argentina who, by style of play, talent, "origins", are just like us, have won the World Cup a few times and all we could point to is a "single" second round attempt (USA 94), and here you are talking about "law-of-diminishing returns'? Diminishing from "behind"?
Pray me, what LAW should Brazil, U.K, Argentina, Spain, Italy or Portugal, should be talking about? LAW of "Increasing Return"?  
Its even worse for a country like us (Nigeria), that has the natural ability to play football, is blessed with natural, raw talents like Okocha but for lack or organization, unbridled corruption in the Glass-house and an inferiority complex to respect anything in white-skin!

Ghana will surely sweat the way Nigeria is sweating when opponents completely recognize them as a deadly team in Africa, and become very determined "NOT TO LOSE". By "NOT TO LOSE" I mean that their opponents may as well not be looking for a win. They just want to make life difficult for them and if possible grab a win in the process. That is the defining factor of who rises in soccer or not.
Now this is the most "crass reasoning" l have ever come across in Nairaland!
NO TEAM IS DETERMINED TO LOOSE! You loose or win, based on what you can do on the field of play!! Even if you've got the talent (like Nigeria) but lack foresight, planning and how to harmonize your resources for optimum performance, you will still loose! "I[b]t is called human and capital resource  management[/b]"

Nigeria has nothing to learn from Ghana in soccer. If you are talking about politics, I'll agree to some extent. But soccer, NO freaking way!
A time will come when Nigeria will see Ghana as a superior team. At that point, it will definitely take God for Ghana to beat us. The Senegalese 2001-2002 team vs Nigerian team at the same period is a good case to study. At the moment, we still take Ghana as a flash in a pan. When they confirm their current superiority, it will be a heck of a ride for their soccer team.
Ghana has NEVER been a push-over for Nigeria, go and check the records.
In fact, we only started trouncing them roundly in the 1994-1998 Era at the S.E level.
And if by now, you are still "thinking" Ghana is not a force to reckon with, then you must be living in "Coocoo-land" of African football!
I am still baffled at why it is so hard for people like you to appreciate and recognize success, be it from within or without, like in Ghana.?

Simply put, Ghananian F.A is more organized than our own F.A or even our Sports administration in general.
Gone are the days when Nigeria (as a result of good preparation and foresight) dominated the SPRINTS on World level.
Gone are the days due to the same reasons given above, when only the CUBANS could look us straight in the face, in BOXING.
Where are our renowned Wrestlers like Mike Bamidele, who are ready to fight the "Mill Mascaras" and "Mighty Igors" of this world?
We are just on a downward spiral. Q.E.D.
Its reflecting in our education, currency value, quality and respect (of) for life, security, infrastructure, Energy levels, stand in the comity of nations, e.t.c

[Quote]Stop all these trash talk about learning from Ghana. BTW what do we have to learn from them? Don't come with your organization trash because we got our own Organization. It is working, not dormant. It is just that most of you are too blind to see the positive side. To you, 5 SE positives + 1 SE negative =6 SE negatives. *SE for Super Eagles[/quote]

My friend, dont just "yarn" just because you feel like! P-L-E-A-S-E, for God sake.  "Its working" my foot.
People like you can "play the Ostrich" for as long as it suits you but in sports, ITS THE RESULT THAT MATTER.
By results, Ghana is showing a positive level of Progress. Not because they are better than us, but we are the architect of our own undoing!

In the 70's, anything "Made in Taiwan" or even any of the Asian countries was considered inferior BUT THEY LEARNED FROM AMERICA and today, America imports its bulk of articles from them! THEY LEARNED tongue
TQM  was initially an American coinage/philosophy but the JAPANESE LEARNT AND IMPROVED ON IT. Today, Japan is synonymous with quality!
Learn my friend or else YOU will just be here ranting and raving about the success of Ghana grin

Whether you "psychology from now till eternity", l can assure you that a good product needs no-hard sell

Finally, as a parting-shot, l want you to dwell on the truism that says "THOSE WHO FAIL TO PLAN, ARE PLANNING TO FAIL
".

"Smart people" learn from others while those who wallow in ignorance either cant even see their own mistakes or try to "re-invent the wheel".
Either way, they are losers.
Nuff said.

@tlops
That is might be due to the fact that he was playing against his "home-country" OR He feels "Ghana winning by penalty kick" is nothing "extra-ordinary", their superiority was not in doubt, in that match!
But l would have loved it, if it was an indigenous coach that is in-charge of Ghana, so the glory is not diffused.
The commentary was ALWAYS alluding African success to a "white-Coach" shocked shocked
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Justcash(m): 7:07pm On Jun 16, 2010
@Lastpage

You made absolutely no sense in your reply. You replied like someone that know nothing about soccer and Success.

When you know what to do to solve your problem, and you decide not to do it, is the solution to beg someone else to come and teach you how to do it? If you cannot do what you know, what is the point wasting your time to learn what you already know over again, when you know that you will not do it? The point is doing it not learning. Try to make sense.

I looked at your rant about countries that are always at the top in Soccer. I must say that I am totally disappointed at your level of reasoning. You called Brazil, U.K, Argentina etc as countries that never fall from the peak (fail) in soccer. Can you hear yourself? This is why I believe you know nothing about soccer. I'd be pouring valuable historical soccer knowledge on a brickwall if I give you the outline of the serious failures of the countries you call supreme! I don't intend to waste my time. Sigh!

I wrote;
They become very determined "NOT TO LOSE". By "NOT TO LOSE" I mean that their opponents may as well not be looking for a win. They just want to make life difficult for them and if possible grab a win in the process.

Your replied;

"Now this is the most "crass reasoning" l have ever come across in Nairaland!
NO TEAM IS DETERMINED TO LOOSE! You loose or win, based on what you can do on the field of play!! Even if you've got the talent (like Nigeria) but lack foresight, planning and how to harmonize your resources for optimum performance, you will still loose! "It is called human and capital resource  management"

What is the connection between your reply and what I wrote? Dude, How can you lose to win an opponent  that you intend to draw with or get a win If possble with in soccer? Lol! Did you take some'n before responding?  What?!

Ghana has NEVER been a push-over for Nigeria, go and check the records.
In fact, we only started trouncing them roundly in the 1994-1998 Era at the S.E level.
And if by now, you are still "thinking" Ghana is not a force to reckon with, then you must be living in "Coocoo-land" of African football!
I am still baffled at why it is so hard for people like you to appreciate and recognize success, be it from within or without, like in Ghana.?

Has Nigeria been push overs for them? Why the sudden hype about learning from them? Is Nigeria not a force to reckon with in Soccer? You made me laugh with your last line! Lol! Who doesn't recognise success? Shut up if you have nothing to say! With how blind you are and  how biased you are in your reasoning, you can never see anything successful about Nigeria. If you are Nigerian I'd say you are suffering from "inferiority complex". Learn from Ghana indeed. Make I hear word joo!

[b]My friend, dont just "yarn" just because you feel like! P-L-E-A-S-E, for God sake.  "Its working" my foot.
People like you can "play the Ostrich" for as long as it suits you but in sports, ITS THE RESULT THAT MATTER.
By results, Ghana is showing a positive level of Progress. Not because they are better than us, but we are the architect of our own undoing!

In the 70's, anything "Made in Taiwan" or even any of the Asian countries was considered inferior BUT THEY LEARNED FROM AMERICA and today, America imports its bulk of articles from them! THEY LEARNED Tongue
TQM  was initially an American coinage/philosophy but the JAPANESE LEARNT AND IMPROVED ON IT. Today, Japan is synonymous with quality!
Learn my friend or else YOU will just be here ranting and raving about the success of Ghana Grin

Whether you "psychology from now till eternity", l can assure you that a good product needs no-hard sell

Finally, as a parting-shot, l want you to dwell on the truism that says "THOSE WHO FAIL TO PLAN, ARE PLANNING TO FAIL".

"Smart people" learn from others while those who wallow in ignorance either cant even see their own mistakes or try to "re-invent the wheel".
Either way, they are losers.
Nuff said.[/b]

You dey yarn dust! I have told you to stop generalising your ignorance and perception. Define "Learn" abeg. You and this your learn sef! Taiwan learnt from America, Japan learnt from America, who did America learn from? Or maybe Americans are supreme in knowledge and can only be learnt from! Sigh.
I told you to stay off politics, cos you'd never make any good point with it.
Nigerians know soccer. We have come a long way. We have only to keep ourselves organised in soccer, and that will do the magic. We dnt need to get Ghana to come and teach us what we already know. The main problem here is pretence. People like you pretend not to know the simple solutions to issues and handle it naturally. If you were a sports minister you'd form a committee like the fools that are there now, to take a trip to Ghana and learn how to run soccer abi? We learnt from Ghana how to appoint a new coach abi? We learnt from them how to organise our league abi? We also learnt from them how to qualify for every soccer tournament in Africa abi? It is remaining for you to learn from Ghanians how to make love to your Wife or Girl friend.  Sigh.

You lack proper thinking ability, and completely think Nigeria is worth nothing in soccer. Yet we are ranked among the best 30 best soccer teams in the world. Your way of thinking is what is holding Nigeria back.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by lastpage: 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2010
^^^^^^You are truly a "regular guy"! It shows in your level of reasoning, if l can call it that.
Time is money and l dont intend to waste mine on regular simpletons like you, who cannot decipher simple turanshi shocked

If by now you still cant digest the fact that "KNOWLEDGE" WITHOUT "ACTION" (ON SUCH KNOWLEDGE) IS NO DIFFERENT FROM "IGNORANCE",
then l concur that you're certainly the wrong person to hold an intellectual discussion with!
You can wallow in your ignorance for as long as you like.
I guess its the "anonymity of the internet" most times, that creates a meeting point for "UNLIKE MINDS"

*hisssssssssssss and walks out*
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Justcash(m): 6:18am On Jun 17, 2010
lastpage:

^^^^^^You are truly a "regular guy"! It shows in your level of reasoning, if l can call it that.
Time is money and l dont intend to waste mine on regular simpletons like you, who cannot decipher simple turanshi shocked

If by now you still cant digest the fact that "KNOWLEDGE" WITHOUT "ACTION" (ON SUCH KNOWLEDGE) IS NO DIFFERENT FROM "IGNORANCE",
then l concur that you're certainly the wrong person to hold an intellectual discussion with!
You can wallow in your ignorance for as long as you like.
I guess its the "anonymity of the internet" most times, that creates a meeting point for "UNLIKE MINDS"

*hisssssssssssss and walks out*

Lol! People like you make me sad because you are a typical model that exposes the fact that the issue of "Illiteracy" is widespread in Nigeria, especially among people like you that thinks that they are knowledgeable. Ofcourse you are right, the internet has indeed created an avenue for "Unlike minds" to communicate. I wasted valuable periods communicating with a complete Illiterate.
It's good you decided to stop spreading your ignorance because contrary to your belief that you are intellectually capable, you are severely lacking in knowledge. You are an example of the type of ignorance that drags Nigeria to the mud.
Your proud disposition in your ignorance is vindictive and vindicates my assertion about your personality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Van Dijk Embarrassed On The Floor By Hwan Hee-chan / Exodus Of Fans From Chelsea / A Rare Photo Of Frenkie De Jong And Adama Traore. Can Someone Explain Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.