Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 (5690 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

Ghana: 41% (15 votes)
Germany: 44% (16 votes)
Draw: 13% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Ajayi123: 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2010
cool cool cool
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by waladis(m): 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2010
Akwasi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin die of jealousy. Sorry naija don't get plenty of those cheap goals. I don't know any cheaper goal than a striker in front of an empty net. I mean 2 inches away from the net.

Yakubu for president!

Cheiiiiiiiiii  Charlie, u bad o o o   embarassed well, make i no talk, no be your fault, even my 98 years old grandmother said she would have scored that goal  grin  grin  grin
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by ajalio(f): 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
dayokanu:

Sure now all focus on England and we have to improve dramatically to whoop them

We will, we will!!!

England vs. Germany is always something special.

The air will burn again. . . .  grin

Bye till then!
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Akwasi(m): 9:49pm On Jun 23, 2010
waladis:

Cheiiiiiiiiii  Charlie, u bad o o o   embarassed well, make i no talk, no be your fault, even my 98 years old grandmother said she would have scored that goal  grin  grin  grin

na wa oo. u4 must consider castrating that pig. he really messed u guys up. how can u miss?
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Rastamann: 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
Thank God Ghana qualified for the next round
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2010
well, make i no talk, no be your fault, even my 98 years old grandmother said she would have scored that goal

I told a friend that of the 6 billion people on earth less than 20 would miss that chance and Yakubu happens to be one of the few
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by waladis(m): 10:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
dayokanu:

I told a friend that of the 6 billion people on earth less than 20 would miss that chance and Yakubu happens to be one of the few

Joke apart, I still  can't figure out why that guy missed such a golden opportunity. Is it over anxiety, is it delibrately or is the guy under the influence of remote control  undecided
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ajayi123:

The whole super eagles were a big disgrace yesterday. I mean if anyone has just watched the Ghana Vs Germany game just now, you would see that we are a shame to ourselves and Africa. You may want to argue that we are not the only African country to go out of the world cup but believe it or not it is more of a bad disgrace to us because Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa with a multitude of footballing talent to choose from but yet we choose to field tired old men who lie about their age. I mean the impetus of telling lies is so natural to us that even as I write someone will probably laugh at this and say "e just dey waste his time" when it is actually a serious matter. It is a serious matter because it has infiltrated our football and when we bring these old men to play with genuine young boys from other countries like korea and the like they can't keep up and sometimes are genuinely too silly to be creative. I mean take the case of Yakubu Aiyegbeni yesterday. The man's role in the Super Eagles is not particularly clear. I mean why does anyone continue to field AIyegbeni in the super eagles line up when his level of creativity with the ball is that of a camel. His pace is also next to non-existent so of what use is he to anyone really? How come these bunch of idiots managed to be selected represent the country in such an important mundial. it is not fair to do this to Nigerians and at the end of the day they would go to their respective clubs relatively healthy and sound after destroying the lives of so many proud Nigerians. How come Ghana is able to steal the show in football and Nigeria is struggling? I mean even the Junior levels, the U-20 and U-17 world cups that we paved the way for African achievements in, Ghana have come forth and snatched the bait. They won the U-20 world cup. How come? This is a country which does not have as much population of people playing football in the country as there are in Nigeria if we were to use the population of the two countries as a direct iteration of this fact. Somehow the spirit of "Egunje" has managed to penetrate our minds and the standard of our soccer so much so that it would appear that right now all it takes to represent the country in any of the categories be it U-17, U-20 & Senior level, all you need is just to know someone who can favour your case or at the senior level, manage to find a way to play in europe so that you can have enough money to bribe your way into the Super Eagles. I mean this is the only logical explanation as to why these crop of bastards represented us at all. If there was a genuine screening system can anyone say for sure that these people would have been there? I mean people just tell lies about their age and go and disgrace themselves amongst people who they claim to even be younger than. Look these people should be driven away from Nigeria. They should be sent on exile and banned from ever representing Nigeria. Then new crop of players should be cultivated from home first at the junior level anfd then at the U-20 and Senior level with their true ages not surpassing the following ;

U-17:- 16yrs (oldest)
U-20:- 19yrs (oldest)
And then Super eagles:- 33yrs (oldest)

and then encourage a successful progression system from the U-17 to the U-20 and then to the Super Eagles. Stop all these "Egunje" tradition please. it is disgraceful even to things like football that should be enjoyable

These ages will be confirmed by the approved FIFA bone scanning technique and a committee should be in place to give the free hand to foreign FIFA representatives to come and carry out the scanning themselves in Nigeria and approve the age of the players so as to eliminate the Nigerian ingenuity to consistently cheat any system. The FIFA reps shall not be Nigerians as witnessed in the last FIFA U-17 world cup held in Nigeria or affiliated in anyway to Nigeria or Africa. They would be anonymous men and women who will just have one goal in mind and that is to tell it as they saw it. Maybe in this way if the benefits of these practices go a long way to help Nigerian football then Nigerians will maybe then be competent to run the scanning system because they would now be able to relate to something genuine that has worked and adopt that mentality. The lying is too much. We need a change and we need it now. This could even go on to begin to bring about other changes in the economy, a factor which is a whole article write-up in itself. it is just too much . We need to have some shame at least and take the challenge to change our ways otherwise other countries in Africa like Ghana will sink us in but in sports and economically and we just seem to not be bothered about it. There just seems to be a lax attitude towards everything that is proactive and the most annoying of them all is the common notion that "God dey" without taking or trying to use one's creativity first and then leave the rest to GOD.

My fellow Nigerians the time to change is now-o. Now is the time not in the future. We are losing our identity very slowly with all these mumu behaviour we seem to engage in which has been exemplified in our football very clearly.

The other point that follows from the above is allowing the right coach to coach a given team. The NFA /NFF should try and stop deceiving Nigerians that they are not involved in appointing the coaches of their choice that they can manipulate to fulfill their own selfish interests with the players that they invite to the squad. For instance Shuaibu Amodu had no business being the coach of the Super Eagles from the beginning of our world cup campaign if the genuine interest of success for the Super Eagles was foremost. There are other better coaches in Nigeria who do not depend on chance, luck, or the prophecies of a spiritualist to achieve results.  This is the very point. I mean If God is God and I believe God is God then he has given unto every man creativity, and it is our place to use that resource first and when that fails seek his help in direct prayers not through a spiritualist. A football coach in the 21st century that shows a clear lack of these characteristics and has just achieved results by shear luck and chance and in some cases ascribe his success to the vendata of a spiritualist, which could actually have been the case in fairness to the individual, is not worth the hassle to be honest. Because we have just taken part in a competition where spiritual means in football and luck have been proven to be fall under the law of probability. Or does anyone think there are no spirutualists in Cameroon or South Africa? I mean everything we have seen so far in the world cup this year has been down to pure ability no jazz inside. As a result if Amodu were to lead the team to South Africa thesame result, if not worse would have awaited us there lets make no mistake about that. Because it was his line up from the African cup of nations that were still used in the World Cup.

Appointing the right Nigerian Coach, without the use of politics and quota system will go a long way to assisting the right players to be chosen based on their technical ability in addition to the bone scanning technique that will be simultaneosuly applied as mentioned earlier above to ensure that age limits are not breached. Correct team selection is so important to the success of any team before the strategies that will be played. When the two are got right, the most lethal formation can be congragated indeed and we have got the talent. WE HAVE THE TALENT AT HOME. They just need to be found and pulled together.  

The other point that follows directly from what has been mentioned above is discipline. The discipline to start things on time especially preapring early in earnest for serious big stage competitons like the World Cup eh? Play friendlies after the right squad have been picked to bolster confidence and get them to get used to each other. Not three weeks to a major competition with tired old men.

We have reached a crescendo in our identity as a nation. We either step back take a second look at what our actions are doing to ourselves in the light of what other countries are doing for themselves and begin to make changes or suffer the consequences of "no be my business".
My brotha cheesy that yakubu individual dey settle NFA well with hot euros and that na why dem they always feature am.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by bamac(m): 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2010
[color=#000099][/color]africa receive ur healing, go nd sin nomore,
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Litmus: 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2010
Congrats Ghana Bad luck Algeria.

Like I stated this Ghana team is lucky. They would not have beaten the English in the next round but America,which they got, is beatable. So, great! they have every chance of going further.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by PokerFace(f): 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2010
waladis:

LOLZ  cheesy
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Kgdavid(m): 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2010
i am strongly of the opinion that Ghana's attacking potential is seriously being inhibited by the coach. prince tagoe is a worthless waste of space, Adiyiah deserves a shot as he has proven his talent and Gyan certainly can use all the help he can get. i feel Ghana's attacking threat could best be maximized by dropping Tagoe and incuding Appiah so that the line up would look something like

Annan
Appiah Asamoah

P.Boateng Ayew
Gyan

or a traditional 4-4-2 with

p.Boateng d.Boateng Appiah Muntari

Ayew
Gyan
or the most ideal formation for a side with dominat midfielders, the 4-4-2 diamond

Annan
Boateng Muntari
Asamoah

Ayew Gyan

most people dont know him but these is this very good defensive midfielder on Ghana's bench, Derek Boateng. he plays in the spanish league though i cant remember which club. he is a very good player with a similar style to Essien.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by afiamanu(f): 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
Litmus:

Congrats Ghana Bad luck Algeria.

Like I stated this Ghana team is lucky. They would not have beaten the English in the next round but America,which they got, is beatable. So, great! they have every chance of going further.

@ the bolded you mean that same english team that ws nont able to beat algeria or USA - both teams that everyone knew thought was weak in comparison?! please england themselves weren't playing well until they got to slovenia

Even still, ghana needs to start scoring some goals cause this austrailia team that helped us out wont be by our side in the next round
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Litmus: 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2010
Cant see Ghana beating the English but i can see em beating the Americans.

England isn't very good, neither is Ghana. Yet England is dogged enough to play in the finals. Ghana has a chance against America.

Mind, stating that Ghana has a chance against America does not mean America isnt good, actually I feel America is good enough to thrash Ghana but American football is ultimately naive. if Ghana has a chance this is it.

The hope is for Ghana to go as far as possible in order to cement the argument Africa needs more world cup positions.   The exploits of  Tunisia, Morocco, Cameroon and Nigeria  resulted in Africa gaining more and more slots, Ghana can continue the fight.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by phreakabit(m): 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ahh GOD why you no make me Ghanian , Ghana no dey ever fail to give Africa small pride.
at the Fifa U20 WC they stood up for Africa and now they have done it again, I just have to say kudos and well done boys.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Litmus: 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2010

phreakabit

Ahh GOD why you no make me Ghanian-------------

I'm very sure he did, lol.  cool cool
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by landtraza(m): 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2010
at last they are through, after YAKUBUING lot of opportunities. thanks to MEN FROM LITTLE CONTINENT cheesy
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by landtraza(m): 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
THANKS TO THE BLACK STARS OF GOLD COAST, OYIBO FOR DON DE PLAIN TO GIVE US BANANA CHOP. AND BRAZIL 2014 FOR BE ONLY ONE SLOT FOR AFRICA. wink smiley
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by mamaorga(f): 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
GHANA HAS DONE US PROUD
GOD BLESS U GHANA FOR LIFTING THE FACE OF AFRICA
GHANA IS TOO MUCH
THE PLAYERS PLAYED WITH THEIR 'HEARTS' AND THATS WHAT NIGERIA PLAYERS LACK

THAT SMALL COUNTRY GHANA IS ALWAYS EXCELLING IN MANY FIELDS, WE NEED TO TAKE A CUE FROM THEM
WE NEED TO FIND OUT HOW THEY GET IT RIGHT
THEIR PLAYERS ARE SO DETERMINED AND FINE BOYS DEY THE TEAM SHA (THAT WAS BY THE WAY)

OH GOD PLEASE THIS IS MY HUMBLE PRAYER FOR NIGERIA-
PLEASE DELIVER NIGERIA FROM FAILURE COS IT SEEMS TO BE HOVERING AROUND US

MAKE AFRICA PROUD GHANA,
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by landtraza(m): 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2010
waladis:

Joke apart, I still  can't figure out why that guy missed such a golden opportunity. Is it over anxiety, is it delibrately or is the guy under the influence of remote control  undecided
YOU TALK AS IF YOU VE FORGOTEN THE MEANING OF YAKUBU. grin ABEG GO BACK TO UR DICTIONARY . grin
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by Litmus: 12:09am On Jun 24, 2010
If  Yak had scored wouldn't it have been unfair to South Korea, Yak looked offside to me.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:52am On Jun 24, 2010
Ajayi, completely agree with your complete assessment of the abomination known as nigerian football team
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by bawomolo(m): 2:02am On Jun 24, 2010
Litmus:

The hope is for Ghana to go as far as possible in order to cement the argument Africa needs more world cup positions.   The exploits of  Tunisia, Morocco, Cameroon and Nigeria  resulted in Africa gaining more and more slots, Ghana can continue the fight.

please give me one reason why africa deserves more slots ahead of south america and asia? north american teams sent more teams to the 2nd round than africa. una no get shame. nonsense
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 2:19am On Jun 24, 2010
South America has 5 reps, all of them topping their groups.

Africa sent 6, Two were bottom of their group with 1 point(Nigeria & Algeria), South Africa, Cameroun out, CIV has a 1% chance only Ghana has qualified.

What exactly do we need extra slots for? To further embarrass ourselves?
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by bawomolo(m): 3:15am On Jun 24, 2010
concacaf brought three teams to the world cup and 2 made it to the 2nd round.
now tell me who deserves more spots, caf or concacaf?

what algeria did today was an eyesore for african football. ghana showed some heart today though
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by jalether(m): 3:25am On Jun 24, 2010
Finally, we have an afican team in the 2nd round. Ghana must improve on their finishing if they are to beat the US and advance to the QF

that aspect has been the main problem with all the african teams in this torny. imagine if Cameroon and the SE were more clinical in front of goal

the outcome would have been different.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:37am On Jun 24, 2010
what does Cameroon need to stay in?

I feel bad for CIV undecided
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by jalether(m): 3:40am On Jun 24, 2010
ThiefOfHearts:

what does Cameroon need to stay in?

I feel bad for CIV undecided

They are already out. from all indication, ghana is the ONLY african team remaining in the competition.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 3:45am On Jun 24, 2010
Nothing can save Cameroun. They are out .

CIV needs to beat Korea 9-0 and hope Brazil beats Portugal by 2-0 upwards.

Tough task
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:02am On Jun 24, 2010
they why is there still a Cameroon match

quit cursing them jo
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by bawomolo(m): 5:02am On Jun 24, 2010
ThiefOfHearts:

they why is there still a Cameroon match

quit cursing them jo

everyone has to play 3 games. CIV has to make up a 9 goal difference. they have to win big and portugal lose big. not realistic considering brazil are playing below strength and african teams are scared of the goal post.
Re: Ghana Vs Germany [0 - 1] On June 23 @ World Cup 2010 by RuuDie(m): 6:33am On Jun 24, 2010
Ghana were very lucky. . . . they had chances but failed to take; the bane of all the African nations in this WC - 1 more goal by Serbia and they woulda been out.
They really need to improve on their goal-scoring. . . . not even one disallowed goal from open play, thats appalling!

Download Brazil 1-7 Germany Highlights [world Cup 2014] / Swaggericious Burkina-faso's Bance So Much On Point (picture) / Soccer Viewing Centers - Should They Be Banned?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63