Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) (3182 Views)

MTN Stop Stealing Our Money With Flash Messages / GLO Please Stop Stealing Our Data / MTN Will Not Stop Stealing My Money!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by OfficialAwol(m): 8:12am On Jun 17, 2018
I can't bear it anymore. This is me calling on all relevant agencies to as a matter of urgency, sanction Airtel for their brazen robbery.

Since almost the whole of this year, I have consistently been charged for subscriptions I never made. I mean how on earth would an Igbo like me subscribe for an Hausa service? There are others, like Live stream, Daily sports, etc. Like what the heck! I've got Nairaland from where I get all news and gist. The worst thing is that I never got served what they deducted money for. And even after I have dialed the unsubscribe code, these thieves will still renew.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, or are there others like me, but I'm saying enough of this robbery as I demand my damages.

Attached below are screenshots of the what I'm talking about.

And hey, I'm not an agent of rival Telecom company.

1 Like

Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by Mcreloaded(m): 8:16am On Jun 17, 2018
And yet you demand your damages.
Ebo is logho
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by Bilabong(m): 8:21am On Jun 17, 2018
Just send Amadioha to them na
Thank me later
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by Teacher1776(m): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2018
In my case, i saw the message that 50 naira deducted for health tip weekly. I was like where is that coming from? I didn't subscribe to any useless tip. Throughout the week period, i didn't receive a SINGLE health tip. (not that I needed it anyway). There was ten naira balance in my account. I refused to top up cos I was angry. To my consternation, that amount was deducted for health tip daily. I attempted calling the customer care to demand for my airtime, but call wasn't going thru.

So, thanks op, for this post. If they don't do anything to change this rubbish, we will have no choice than to pull them down.

1 Like

Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by OfficialAwol(m): 9:01am On Jun 17, 2018
Teacher1776:
In my case, i saw the message that 50 naira deducted for health tip weekly. I was like where is that coming from? I didn't subscribe to any useless tip. Throughout the week period, i didn't receive a SINGLE health tip. (not that I needed it anyway). There was ten naira balance in my account. I refused to top up cos I was angry. To my consternation, that amount was deducted for health tip daily. I attempted calling the customer care to demand for my airtime, but call wasn't going thru.

So, thanks op, for this post. If they don't do anything to change this rubbish, we will have no choice than to pull them down.

It's so annoying. Like, this is daylight robbery.

Relieved to see I'm not alone in this.

Pls lalasticlala, do the needful.
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by courna(m): 9:44am On Jun 17, 2018
this 902 BS keeps pissing me off every time these airtel people are useless thieves.....
I don't know when network providers start auto subscribing what we don't want
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by itzwell(f): 10:49am On Jun 17, 2018
I think say na only me o. Airtel no dey wan see unused airtym for my phone. Once dem see, dem go automatically subscribe one rubbish for me den use am deduct my airtym. Rili annoying
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
The scheme involves giving you a certain amount of days of the sevice free. After that, you have automatically subscribed unless you discontinue the sevice immediately. Most people ignore this and start getting charged from several subscriptions.

No be only who carry gun dey thief.
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by Man2utd(m): 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
Dey there, they won't change even if you shout to space, they will tell you it was while you were using the internet and even NCC is not helping matters, I wonder why they allowed the flash message in the first place... Airtel is a cheat
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by obaataaokpaewu: 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
Man2utd:
Dey there, they won't change even if you shout to space, they will tell you it was while you were using the internet and even NCC is not helping matters, I wonder why they allowed the flash message in the first place... Airtel is a cheat
MTN is guilty of that flash message. Sometimes, when I pick up my phone after some minutes of it being idle, if I want to unlock it, I will see press OK. Of I mistakenly press that OK, they will deduct my money. It happened once and they deducted #30, I followed it up on twitter and they transferred #50 back to me via VTU
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
send stop to 2442
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by LeHMaR(m): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
Airtel did this to me for a period last year, they deducted 10 naira from my balance everyday for a whole month and they didn't even send any text whatsoever, i just kept losing my money.
After calling customer care and searching google for solutions with no avail, i decided to never leave a dime in my account balance, i would have thrown my sim away but i love their internet speed and data bundles..
Now, everymonth i recharge #2000 from my bank account and immediately suscribe for their 3.5gb monthly plan.. Let them steal their head, i can't come and kill myself..
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by wintergold(m): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
plz call ncc on 622 toll free,mon - sat, 8am to 8pm
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by press005: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
Contact their customer care
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by Baddest1(m): 4:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
ocville:
send stop to 2442
They'll still deduct ur money after that. I tried that already.
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by rex444(m): 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2018
One time I used their if u want to stop receiving code which was not free for all of them and this shit keeps coming the minute u recharge...I think it's per hour they send this shit...one day am gonna walk into thr office with proper calculation of how much they've cost me and ask for a refund....thieves
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by samsam2019: 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
They did same to me and i borrowed 1k on their sim.

I finished the 1k and threw their sim away
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by qwertygeni: 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
Dear Op, call NCC on toll free 622 and lodge your complaints. Ever since I reported them to NCC, they have stopped stealing from me too in the guise of these unsolicited SMS. Try this and kindly give a feedback if it helps.
wink

1 Like

Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
Teacher1776:

Baddest1:

They'll still deduct ur money after that. I tried that already.

The headline is gold and now this. Hilarious.
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by Hafeexla(m): 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
I Dnt Even Know Airtel Still Exist' for me i don troway there sim
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by psucc(m): 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
Call centre had been closed. You can only reach them now on social media and only God knows when they will attend to your problem after the usual "your issue will be resolved within 24hours"
press005:
Contact their customer care

1 Like

Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by Man2utd(m): 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
MTN is guilty of that flash message. Sometimes, when I pick up my phone after some minutes of it being idle, if I want to unlock it, I will see press OK. Of I mistakenly press that OK, they will deduct my money. It happened once and they deducted #30, I followed it up on twitter and they transferred #50 back to me via VTU

Lucky you, Airtel will scam you and tell you there is nothing they can do, I got deducted 400 naira for different flash messages i didn't click ok for last week and all they could say is that it was while I was browsing and the money couldn't be refunded. They could just switch their name to theiftel.
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by qwertygeni: 11:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
psucc:
Call centre had been closed. You can only reach them now on social media and only God knows when they will attend to your problem after the usual "your issue will be resolved within 24hours"

Oga, Pls say what you are sure of. Airtel customer care call centre isn't closed. They can be reached via 111 or 121. But the caveat is that it is difficult to get to a call centre representative. But relax! I will tell you a very fast way to get across.
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by press005: 1:59am On Jun 18, 2018
psucc:

Not true bro......I used them 2days ago to confirm a transaction.
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by psucc(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2018
Please which number did you dial? 111 or 121?

The option to transfer to call centre agent has been stopped. Three weeks ago I tried using it to lodge a complain, it was not there until one of their registration agent call 743 where i talked to their agent even though they've not attended to my problem. I tried using that number on my line but it was not going through
press005:

Not true bro......I used them 2days ago to confirm a transaction.
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by psucc(m): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2018
Sir, please I am damn sure of what I said. The option to transfer to call centre agents is off. If it has been restored, then it is just a week ago or so. I have been trying it to no avail. In fact after much trial and was afraid I have tampered with something, I went to one of their registration agent who also confirmed my fears. He dialed 743 from his line and I was able to talk to someone though the issue has yet to be resolved as I am typing.

If you have any short cut to it please let's know these guys are actually ripping us off.
qwertygeni:

Oga, Pls say what you are sure of. Airtel customer care call centre isn't closed. They can be reached via 111 or 121. But the caveat is that it is difficult to get to a call centre representative. But relax! I will tell you a very fast way to get across.
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by bfn1: 7:59am On Jun 18, 2018
I feel so disappointed with Airtel now.

Charging me for subscriptions I know I didn't put up for, and many times over, at that! angry

Tried calling their customer care line several times and over several days, and the option to speak with a call agent couldn't be accessed. Perhaps, it was deliberately disabled.

Anyway, it's good NCC is just a call away now.

Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by press005: 9:14am On Jun 18, 2018
psucc:
Please which number did you dial? 111 or 121?

The option to transfer to call centre agent has been stopped. Three weeks ago I tried using it to lodge a complain, it was not there until one of their registration agent call 743 where i talked to their agent even though they've not attended to my problem. I tried using that number on my line but it was not going through

It's still der shaaa.....I do call them cos of the nature of my business. ..Just be patient when you call. It's still 111
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by psucc(m): 9:54am On Jun 18, 2018
Not a case of being impatience! When you dial the 111 and they play the usual options but the number 9 that use to forward to call centre agents is no more mentioned, what do yo do or how do you get to them? That's the point I need, may be I am missing a new innovation from airtel.
press005:

It's still der shaaa.....I do call them cos of the nature of my business. ..Just be patient when you call. It's still 111
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by kolatunez: 1:17am On Jun 19, 2018
OfficialAwol:
I can't bear it anymore. This is me calling on all relevant agencies to as a matter of urgency, sanction Airtel for their brazen robbery.

Since almost the whole of this year, I have consistently been charged for subscriptions I never made. I mean how on earth would an Igbo like me subscribe for an Hausa service? There are others, like Live stream, Daily sports, etc. Like what the heck! I've got Nairaland from where I get all news and gist. The worst thing is that I never got served what they deducted money for. And even after I have dialed the unsubscribe code, these thieves will still renew.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, or are there others like me, but I'm saying enough of this robbery as I demand my damages.

Attached below are screenshots of the what I'm talking about.

And hey, I'm not an agent of rival Telecom company.

i swear i thought i was the only one.they are highway robbers.i have been cheated out of more than #500 this year alone.They told me to send stop to 2442 and i have not seen another deduction since then but i still dont trust them.i have never left money in my account since then.the momemt i recharge,i use it immediately
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by psucc(m): 8:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
Yes I am still waiting for you guys to tell me the number to contact Airtel's call center agents as the option is no more in 111.

Every multi-billion naira earning company in Nigeria is worst than Offa Robbers.
Re: Airtel, Enough Is Enough. Stop Stealing (pics) by OfficialAwol(m): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
kolatunez:

i swear i thought i was the only one.they are highway robbers.i have been cheated out of more than #500 this year alone.They told me to send stop to 2442 and i have not seen another deduction since then but i still dont trust them.i have never left money in my account since then.the momemt i recharge,i use it immediately

Lol.

Thanks for the code. Trying it out asap.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Use The Hi Translate Feature On Camon 12 And 12 Pro / Help To Unlock Bb Torch 9800 With Mep 0 Tries / THL4400 Discussion Thread!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.