Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

mother in law lies against daughter in law, what shld she do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / mother in law lies against daughter in law, what shld she do (1787 Views)

Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? / What Shld I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

mother in law lies against daughter in law, what shld she do by Princessjo: 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2007
my friend is newly married but is about to join her husband in the states so invariably, she is staying with her sister in law and her mother in law. She goes to work in the morning, comes in by 6pm and even goes to work on saturday,  Recently her husbands eldest sister came visiting and the mother in law fed her with lots of stories that most of the job in the house is left for her daughter who is at home while my friend goes off to work and comes in late. Of course  the mother in law who was laying the complaint did not tell the daughter that my friend goes extra mile to do some things in the house when ever she is at home.

Moreover, the mother in law said that my friends mum has to get a househelp for her since my friend is not at home to handle the house chores. They really reigned abuse on her.

My friend is devasted and hurt , should she go and stay with her parents for now, till her papers are ready to join her hubby or what. Sincere answers are needed,
Re: mother in law lies against daughter in law, what shld she do by cuteass1(f): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2007
I've always said that "constant visit to a place lowers the amount of welcome" wink ,

How has her relationship with the family been like in the past, as in, have they been friendly because if yes then its rather sad that the mother-in-law suddenly changes and brings out her tiger-claws now

but if there has always been some unsaid things in the air between them then i wonder why she decided to stay with the family-in-law at the first place If it has been an option that she could stay with her own parents, i guess the law has made it so

Well if the situation is becoming unbearable then she should do something about it than dying in silence, well she shouldn't bring her own family into it cause it will only result to a family war.

Let her try taliking to her mother-in-law, because then she'll know she tried, if that dosen't work then she should talk to her husband, he should be able to fix the problem

After she's taken all these measures and they're not helping matters, then she might want to do the rest of her waiting at her parent's home or she could choose to continue bearing for the short remaining while

remember, the patient dog eats the fattest bone wink no matter what, she should not resovle to violence or disrespect cheesy
Re: mother in law lies against daughter in law, what shld she do by OmoEko1(f): 7:48pm On Mar 22, 2007
This are the reason why i will never live with anyway in-laws of my or one stupid in-law leaving with me and my husband hell to the no. Even if they are coming to visit us they better give us 2 wks notice. In-laws wahala are too much.
Re: mother in law lies against daughter in law, what shld she do by spoilt(f): 2:31am On Mar 23, 2007
why did she move in with them in the first place? its hard living with your own parents as an adult talk less of someone else's parents! grin grin. she should continue to live with her parents or on her own till her papers are through! this is one battle she will never win.
Re: mother in law lies against daughter in law, what shld she do by lucyc(f): 7:43am On Oct 27, 2007
the best thing is endurance and tolerance,remember that a patient dog eat the fatest bone afterall you will be living her as soon as your papers are ready.Yo are part of their family so you have to accept wateva you see.life is not bed of roses.speaking frm experience bt right now i am 18hrs away frm naija.

(1) (Reply)

The Seven Wonders Of Nigeria "the Nigerian Woman" / Have I Done Anything Wrong? / Is It Right For A Single Christain Girl To Leave Her Parent To Stay Alone ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.