Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia (10463 Views)

Buhari Raises Committee On Ministers Portfolios / 555 Biafra Flags, Vehicles, Other Items Seized In Onitsha / BREAKING: Army Shocks Buhari Says "We Don't Have His Certificate" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by donsolo4u2c(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2018
The rift between IPOB and Nigerian government took a dramatic twist yesterday as IPOB raised BIAFRA FLAGS in distance Russia during Nigeria Vs Croatia Game where Nigerian super eagles suffers an embarrassing defeat in the world cup tournament on Saturday.

Many loyalist of IPOB and Biafra Agitators took the defeat to mock Buhari and Nigerian government describing them as total failure.

EbonyiDaily during the game yesterday observed low turn out of Nigerian Supporters in Russia.

A Facebook user, took to his page and wrote;

#WEBOYCUTRUSSIA

Meanwhile Lai Mohammed and Presidency is yet to react to the defeats of super eagles.

http://www.ebonyidaily.com.ng/2018/06/ipob-shocks-buhari-and-lai-mohammed.html?m=0

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by Mcreloaded(m): 9:04am On Jun 17, 2018
I can imagine the reception awaiting your arrival at the airport in Nigeria where armoured tanks,grenade launchers,rocket launchers and war planes and the occasional ogbonigwe will be deployed to effect your arrest.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by femijay8271(m): 9:04am On Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, I love that.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by Nashirushekoni(m): 9:06am On Jun 17, 2018
Nah there problem how this affect the match

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by mmb(m): 9:09am On Jun 17, 2018
OP you are barbaric just like IPOB.
IPOB is finished and there is no rift with the Nigerian Government.

Nonsense IPOB still identifying with Nigeria even at the world cup

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by kingzizzy: 9:18am On Jun 17, 2018
Nice one by IPOB

Show them you don't want to be part of the zoo

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by IslamicRebel01: 9:35am On Jun 17, 2018
The Islamic zoo eagles lost the match.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by IslamicRebel01: 9:36am On Jun 17, 2018
I wish you guys storm the venue with more flags.

The zoo must fall.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by zionmde: 9:46am On Jun 17, 2018
Mcreloaded:
I can imagine the reception awaiting your arrival at the airport in Nigeria where armoured tanks,grenade launchers,rocket launchers and war planes and the occasional ogbonigwe will be deployed to effect your arrest.
bla bla bla
they were not sponsored by ur stupid government
they are biafrans that reside in Russia.
So ur soldiers can position the war planes In front of ur house for u and ur entire family

Buhari and his fellow terrorists should be ashamed that people all around the world love to associate with the so called proscribed terrorists

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by zionmde: 9:48am On Jun 17, 2018
mmb:
OP you are barbaric just like IPOB.
IPOB is finished and there is no rift with the Nigerian Government.

Nonsense IPOB still identifying with Nigeria even at the world cup
See this one crying at the sight of a mere flag
Biafra must be causing u pains in ur scrotum. But sorry efulefu continue crying, biafrans don't care

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by opera1(m): 9:48am On Jun 17, 2018
And u expect us to win with diz kind flag?
D flag is a symbol of setback and defeat.

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by Mcreloaded(m): 9:48am On Jun 17, 2018
zionmde:

bla bla bla
So ur soldiers can position the war planes In front of ur house for u and ur entire family

Blood pressure rising. Don't take it personal
Try taking your medication this morning

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by zionmde: 9:52am On Jun 17, 2018
Mcreloaded:

Blood pressure rising. Don't take it personal
Try taking your medication this morning

dont take it personal and u saw a flag and started whining like a dying rabbit. Don't worry those soldiers and the warplanes in company of herdsmen will surely position in front of ur house

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by saaron(m): 9:53am On Jun 17, 2018
God bless IPOB! cool

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by phase1: 10:05am On Jun 17, 2018
If Chinese Taipei, Palestine, and even dependent countries like American samoa, and other small Islands can have a FIFA recognized team, I think those serious about Biafra should start applying to be part of Fifa. They should start the process by setting up the Biafran football federation even in exile. They have a good chance since FIFA remains apolitical.

The Nigerian team is dead forever, they've reached their peak in '94 and '98. No need wasting hope on them.

Even oduduwa football federation and Arewa football federation can apply to Fifa too.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by SarkinYarki: 10:05am On Jun 17, 2018
Nigeria is such a confused place , Why did they waste the money to watch a match of the Nigerian team when they don't even want to be part of Nigeria and why are Igbo boys playing in that team

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by Mcreloaded(m): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2018
zionmde:

bla bla bla
mynd44 @ bolded

U are wishing an organized terrorists to wait for some people simply because they expressed their passion for a country rid of religious backwardness and almajiris and u are asking me for an argument? U need a doctor

Guess you have taken your medication as this time you did not insult any rabbit.
And note I did not wish for anything.
There is freedom of speech and I like to relate and have constructive argument with persons or people that don't insult to send a message across as its not healthy

1 Like

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by deboysben(m): 10:32am On Jun 17, 2018
Chai Biafrans giving Nigeria tough time since 1966

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by Mr2wealth: 10:32am On Jun 17, 2018
It doesn't matter whether the flag was raised or you merely posed with it for a snapshot. What matter most is that you are trying to make a statement. grin

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by phase1: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2018
opera1:
And u expect us to win with diz kind flag?
D flag is a symbol of setback and defeat.

But you are not Biafran, why should it bother you ? grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by gaby(m): 10:45am On Jun 17, 2018
VERY HISTORIC PIECE

Copied from "FRIENDS IKOYI CLUB 1938" Forum posted by Adenike Marinho, a Medical Doctor.

Tunde Oduwole, I-QS.
14.06.'18.

HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE OF HATRED
I had the privilege of attending some meetings of the Yoruba and Igbo Leaders. I was not a leader but a youth who knew how to wash his hands. At one of those meetings in Owerri, I think in 1989, I think, I listened to Uncle Bola Ige and other Yoruba Leaders take the likes of Mbakwe, R. B. Okafor and others to the cleaners when the Igbo said the Yoruba were betrayers, citing that Chief Obafemi Awolowo led them into secession with a promise that if the Igbo left Nigeria, the Yoruba would follow suit. They accused him of not following up on his promise. Trust Uncle Bola Ige! He pointed to Chief Mbakwe and said, "you were there in the meeting between Awolowo and Ojukwu as I was. Is that statement correct?".He turned to two other Igbo and two Yoruba Leaders who were at that meeting and asked the same question, saying he had transcripts of the meeting between Awolowo and Ojukwu. They kept quiet while the Yoruba Leaders affirmed that Awolowo never promised to follow the East into secession. What he said was that if the Igbo were "driven" out of Nigeria the Yoruba would take it seriously and reassess their own position. Igbo Leaders DID NOT CONTEST this version. Then Chief Bola Ige threw in the clincher! "Who are you to accuse the Yoruba of betrayal?" he roared, and continued:
1. At Independence Awolowo offered a joint government between the NCNC and AG, with Zik as Prime Minister and Awo as Finance Minister. Awo and Zik "were still negotiating" when it was announced that Zik would be President in a coalition with NPC of the North. The East then collaborated in destroying the West and sending Awolowo and his leutenants to jail!
2. What of the 1965 elections which the West and the East agreed to boycott? We met all night and reached agreement about 3am on the day of the election. In the morning, while the Yoruba boycotted the election, the Igbo went to vote
3. After the 1979 elections Yoruba (UPN) and Igbo (APP?) Leaders were still at the negotiating table for a coalition when to their surprise, an announcement was heard that the Igbo (APP) had agreed to a coalition with the North (NPN)
4. After the 1983 elections, 1979 repeated itself. Not giving up, Awolowo reached out to Azikiwe again for cooperation. Talks started and they met in Benin where Awo pleaded passionately that only a collaboration between The Igbo and the Yoruba could save Nigeria. They didn't reach agreement but promised to meet again. Before the next meeting, the Igbo had again teamed up with the North
Uncle Bola paused and then continued "we can go on and on. So how dare you accuse the Yoruba of betrayal? How many Igbo have been killed in Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Oshogbo (he mentioned other Yoruba towns)? You have your businesses in the West and went to Western schools. Yet you count the Yoruba as your enemy. You get killed in Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Zaria etc and have your goods looted yet you consider the Hausa/ Fulani your friends. It's your choice. If you want to be slaves for ever, we can't help you"
I had never been so scared in my life. I thought the roof was going to fall. There was a pin drop silence and no Igbo dared interrupt Uncle Bola Ige because he was telling the truth. The Yoruba Leaders ended the meeting at that point and left. I hope Chief C. O. Adebayo's memoirs will give more details of those exchanges.
Now to make three points from all this:
A. The Yoruba have been stretching their hand across the Niger for a handshake for a long time. The Igbo refused to take it for a long time until recently
B. Many Igbo Leaders of the 70s, 80s and 90s deliberately perpetrated the legend of Awolowo's role betraying them into the civil war and his role in prosecuting the war, to rally the Igbo population behind themselves. The Igbo agreed on Yoruba hatred than on any other issue. So it was the fabric that held them together for a long time
C. Time heals all things. Many Igbo reading this will be hearing for the first time that their leaders of old knew for a truth that Awolowo did not break his word to Ojukwu as alleged. And to think of it, EVEN IF OUR PARENTS QUARRELLED, SHOULD WE THE NEW GENERATION CONTINUE THE SAME WAY?. ITS TIME TO COME TOGETHER AND MAKE THE HANDSHAKE ACROSS THE NIGER WORK FOR THE SAKE OF OUR PEOPLES AND NIGERIA

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by GMBuhari: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2018
Takes genius level stupidity to be that stupid
Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by kingzizzy: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2018
The Spirit behind that flag will cause Nigeria not to win any game

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by Altern8(m): 11:13am On Jun 17, 2018
cheesy

Shocks Buhari? That caption is too funny.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by Xander85: 11:18am On Jun 17, 2018
zionmde:

bla bla bla

Buhari and his fellow terrorists should be ashamed that people all around the world love to associate with the so called proscribed terrorists

I think he was being sarcastic.
Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by Xander85: 11:24am On Jun 17, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Nigeria is such a confused place , Why did they waste the money to watch a match of the Nigerian team when they don't even want to be part of Nigeria and why are Igbo boys playing in that team

Oh, so you know they don't want to be a part of Nigeria! And just how have you and yours responded to their agitation? By going into dialogue with them; by granting Umuigbo and others in the east who wish to join them a referendum; by trying to make Nigeria a just and equitable society so as to take the wind out of their sails? Hell no....you responded with bullets, torture, kidnap and murder!

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by johncallidon(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2018
gaby:
VERY HISTORIC PIECE

Copied from "FRIENDS IKOYI CLUB 1938" Forum posted by Adenike Marinho, a Medical Doctor.

Tunde Oduwole, I-QS.
14.06.'18.

HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE OF HATRED
I had the privilege of attending some meetings of the Yoruba and Igbo Leaders. I was not a leader but a youth who knew how to wash his hands. At one of those meetings in Owerri, I think in 1989, I think, I listened to Uncle Bola Ige and other Yoruba Leaders take the likes of Mbakwe, R. B. Okafor and others to the cleaners when the Igbo said the Yoruba were betrayers, citing that Chief Obafemi Awolowo led them into secession with a promise that if the Igbo left Nigeria, the Yoruba would follow suit. They accused him of not following up on his promise. Trust Uncle Bola Ige! He pointed to Chief Mbakwe and said, "you were there in the meeting between Awolowo and Ojukwu as I was. Is that statement correct?".He turned to two other Igbo and two Yoruba Leaders who were at that meeting and asked the same question, saying he had transcripts of the meeting between Awolowo and Ojukwu. They kept quiet while the Yoruba Leaders affirmed that Awolowo never promised to follow the East into secession. What he said was that if the Igbo were "driven" out of Nigeria the Yoruba would take it seriously and reassess their own position. Igbo Leaders DID NOT CONTEST this version. Then Chief Bola Ige threw in the clincher! "Who are you to accuse the Yoruba of betrayal?" he roared, and continued:
1. At Independence Awolowo offered a joint government between the NCNC and AG, with Zik as Prime Minister and Awo as Finance Minister. Awo and Zik "were still negotiating" when it was announced that Zik would be President in a coalition with NPC of the North. The East then collaborated in destroying the West and sending Awolowo and his leutenants to jail!
2. What of the 1965 elections which the West and the East agreed to boycott? We met all night and reached agreement about 3am on the day of the election. In the morning, while the Yoruba boycotted the election, the Igbo went to vote
3. After the 1979 elections Yoruba (UPN) and Igbo (APP?) Leaders were still at the negotiating table for a coalition when to their surprise, an announcement was heard that the Igbo (APP) had agreed to a coalition with the North (NPN)
4. After the 1983 elections, 1979 repeated itself. Not giving up, Awolowo reached out to Azikiwe again for cooperation. Talks started and they met in Benin where Awo pleaded passionately that only a collaboration between The Igbo and the Yoruba could save Nigeria. They didn't reach agreement but promised to meet again. Before the next meeting, the Igbo had again teamed up with the North
Uncle Bola paused and then continued "we can go on and on. So how dare you accuse the Yoruba of betrayal? How many Igbo have been killed in Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Oshogbo (he mentioned other Yoruba towns)? You have your businesses in the West and went to Western schools. Yet you count the Yoruba as your enemy. You get killed in Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Zaria etc and have your goods looted yet you consider the Hausa/ Fulani your friends. It's your choice. If you want to be slaves for ever, we can't help you"
I had never been so scared in my life. I thought the roof was going to fall. There was a pin drop silence and no Igbo dared interrupt Uncle Bola Ige because he was telling the truth. The Yoruba Leaders ended the meeting at that point and left. I hope Chief C. O. Adebayo's memoirs will give more details of those exchanges.
Now to make three points from all this:
A. The Yoruba have been stretching their hand across the Niger for a handshake for a long time. The Igbo refused to take it for a long time until recently
B. Many Igbo Leaders of the 70s, 80s and 90s deliberately perpetrated the legend of Awolowo's role betraying them into the civil war and his role in prosecuting the war, to rally the Igbo population behind themselves. The Igbo agreed on Yoruba hatred than on any other issue. So it was the fabric that held them together for a long time
C. Time heals all things. Many Igbo reading this will be hearing for the first time that their leaders of old knew for a truth that Awolowo did not break his word to Ojukwu as alleged. And to think of it, EVEN IF OUR PARENTS QUARRELLED, SHOULD WE THE NEW GENERATION CONTINUE THE SAME WAY?. ITS TIME TO COME TOGETHER AND MAKE THE HANDSHAKE ACROSS THE NIGER WORK FOR THE SAKE OF OUR PEOPLES AND NIGERIA

TAKE THIS TRASH TO THOSE, WHO THEIR PARENTS WERE KILLED IN THAT GODFORSAKEN CIVIL WAR.....

8 Likes

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by talk2emma: 11:49am On Jun 17, 2018
Mcreloaded:

But when your useless Nigeria government see boko haram they will run

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by Almaiga: 11:54am On Jun 17, 2018
Will the flag give you Biafra, come and pick up Arms if you truly need Biafra.
Bloody Cowards.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia by Roger3D(m): 11:57am On Jun 17, 2018
And where is that merciless python to teach those miscreants the lesson of their lives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olawepo-hashim Predicts Major Upset In Presidential Election / El-Rufai Visits Victims Attacked By Bandits In Birnin Gwari Local Government / Biden Campaign Director Arrested For Electoral Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.