Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online (4087 Views)

My Bad Experience With Lendha / My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This / Short Man Climbs Chair At First Bank Ikotun, Lagos To Transact Business- Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
I hope everyone can learn from this.

I was in a dire need of an office chair two weeks ago. Due to my busy schedule, I decided to buy it online at Hog Furniture. Here is what I requested for (click the link or see the picture below):

https://hogfurniture.com.ng/products/brown-leather-reclining-chair-g4

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by ladyF(f): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
grin
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
As you can see from above, the price is 101k. I also paid for the delivery to my place at Ibadan for 5k. In sum, I paid 106k for the chair. Prior to the payment, I called their customer service to confirm that I will get the color and the design I requested for. The customer service guy assured me. And I paid.

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2018
4 days later, to my chagrin, look at what they sent for me. They sent me another color. As you can see, the price is 72k on their site. https://hogfurniture.com.ng/products/reclining-leather-chair

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
Immediately, I received the chair, I forwarded my complaints to them. The customer guy started telling me that “the manager thought I would like color they sent to me as the one I requested for was not available.” They sent me an apology letter. That was not enough

I told them to refund the excess balance of 29k since I received another color, which is 72k on their website. They claimed the color they sent me is still brown, though dark brown. I told them the color is not what I asked for and it looks exactly like black.

In the end, I gave them two options since they were claiming it was brown even though it was not what I asked.

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
Option 1: Give me 10% of my total fee back and we should settle the case amicably.

Their Answer: They said no. That they can only give me 3%. I REJECTED THE OFFER

Option 2: Send me the the one you claimed is the black one (price 72k) and refund my balance.

Their answer: . They said I will be the one to deliver the chair myself to their office in Ogun state with my own money despite the fact that they sent me the wrong item.

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
Here is their return policy:

https://hogfurniture.com.ng/pages/return-policy

Lawyers in the house. Please wade into this matter based on their return policy. I cannot find where they explicitly mention that customers would be the one to pay for the company’s negligence of sending the wrong items.
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
I actually don’t know what to do about this issue. As Falz said, THIS IS NIGERIA. Why should I pay for their own mistake? Why I should I pay for sending the chair back to them despite the fact that they admitted that they sent me the wrong item. Why can't they send the chair back to me.

The main reason why I bought the premium product online is to make life easy for me.

The painful part is that this company don’t have this chair, yet they have continue to put the item on their site just to swindle customers. And when customers complain they received the wrong order, they tell you to send it back to their office with YOUR OWN MONEY despite the fact that IT IS THEIR FAULT. Who knows whether they will send you the wrong items again and ask you to send it to their office again. After all, they have nothing to lose

cc

lalastica mynd4, seun, Elder, lawyer, ogalawyer,

I would like this to be moved to be topic. Many Nigerians have been cheated because of this.

7 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by nittroboy(m): 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
Sorry sir , scam everywhere cool
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by GMBuhari: 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2018
I think you should just pay for the return of the item and get back your full money then find a weekend to shop around your city by yourself

Otherwise they will play you like they always do

Breach of contract happened when they sent you another variant

Breach of trust happened when customer care assured you that the product is available

Do not trust them for any reason

Just try and get your refund

8 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by sisisioge: 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
GMBuhari:
I think you should just pay for the return of the item and get back your full money then find a weekend to shop around your city by yourself

Breach of trust happened when customer care assured you that the product is available

I agree. Terrible doing business with them.
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by Bugatie(m): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
topsquino:
Here is their return policy:

https://hogfurniture.com.ng/pages/return-policy

Lawyers in the house. Please wade into this matter based on their return policy. I cannot find where they explicitly mention that customers would be the one to pay for the company’s negligence of sending the wrong items.

So bad of them, I've not heard of them before but I'm sure if brand name and negative publicity mean anything to them, they'll call and sort you out even with an apology by the time they see this thread.

What best we can do is give this thread the attention it requires and see how fast they'll call you

All the best, hogwash ko, frog jump ni

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
Bugatie:

So bad of them, I've not heard of them before but I'm sure if brand name and negative publicity mean anything to them, they'll call and sort you out even with an apology by the time they see this thread.

What best we can do is give this thread the attention it requires and see how fast they'll call you

All the best, hogwash ko, frog jump ni

Thanks for your kind words. The problem is that seun, lalastica and mynd4 will not move this to the front page so that Nigerians can be be fully aware of the dangers of buying items online.
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by Bugatie(m): 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
topsquino:

Thanks for your kind words. The problem is that seun, lalastica and mynd4 will not move this to the front page so that Nigerians can be be fully aware of the dangers of buying items online.

Let's keep the thread alive bro, I'm sure the needful will be done, if not this night but certainly! We can't fold out arm while corporates treat their choice customers with utmost disdain, they need you and me to stay in business not the other way round.

Should there be need, please get to Consumer protection council(CPC) website and drop a complaint.

But bro you be big man o, see as you dey buy executive seat of 100k plus for your office. smiley
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by omogidi234(m): 5:56am On Jun 18, 2018
I have read the return policy , it is just a mumbo jumbo to protect themselves.

I suggest you brief a lawyer in IB. I am in Lag so I won't be able to offer much help other than online.

But you have a case. Get a lawyer to write them and demand the the colour you ordered. I bet they would sit up when they receive a letter from a lawyer, failing which the lawyer knows what to do next.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by Biggiepee: 7:12am On Jun 18, 2018
eiyah...too bad
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by dayowunmi(m): 7:22am On Jun 18, 2018
Most Nigerian businesses are scammers! How will someone buy Nigerian to grow the Naira when you never know if you will be scammed? This your case is fraud and I hope you take it up to logical conclusion otherwise they are only going to defraud more people. I detest someone trying to prove smart...
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by efilefun(m): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2018
When instablog mistakenly pick up this thread their body go calm down.

But to be honest most Nigerian businesses running online are trash, try ordering from jumia and you will get the worst quality, its just so disheartening. Online businesses hide behind the popular "i dey my house come beat me" shii

4 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
efilefun:

But to be honest most Nigerian businesses running online are trash, try ordering from jumia and you will get the worst quality, its just so disheartening. Online businesses hide behind the popular "i dey my house come beat me" shii

I just checked their refund policy. They have changed it. https://hogfurniture.com.ng/pages/return-policy

Before I bought the item, see their RETURN POLICY. They did not add this "You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund."

How can any sane company ask customers to pay the delivery costs for returning a product which did not order for? Even Amazon does not allow that. See how they quickly changed their return policy, thinking I did not do my due diligence before ordering the product.

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2018
omogidi234:
I have read the return policy , it is just a mumbo jumbo to protect themselves.

I suggest you brief a lawyer in IB. I am in Lag so I won't be able to offer much help other than online.

But you have a case. Get a lawyer to write them and demand the the colour you ordered. I bet they would sit up when they receive a letter from a lawyer, failing which the lawyer knows what to do next.

Thanks. I'm thinking of doing that immediately my health is in good shape. They quickly changed their RETURN POLICY, thinking I don't have evidence for that.
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2018
ladyF:
grin

I hope you can learn from this. The purpose of buying the product online for conveniency reason has been defeated
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2018
GMBuhari:

Thanks. I'm considering the option. Once bitten twice shy. I won't advise even my enemy to buy items online in Nigeria again.
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2018
efilefun:

Thanks. Naso I see am oo. I will contact some bloggers very soon when I'm less busy to publicize this issue. Many Nigerians have lost a lot of many because of this.
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2018
Bugatie:

Let's keep the thread alive bro, I'm sure the needful will be done, if not this night but certainly! We can't fold out arm while corporates treat their choice customers with utmost disdain, they need you and me to stay in business not the other way round.

Should there be need, please get to Consumer protection council(CPC) website and drop a complaint.

But bro you be big man o, see as you dey buy executive seat of 100k plus for your office. smiley

grin Thanks for the kind words
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hello Topsquino, sorry about your experience with Hog furniture. I would have loved to get the black chair (the one delivered to you) from them but I wouldn't because I fear I might end up with a stool.

But I have found the exact same chair on Jumia and Jiji and want to get it from there instead. Please, could you give me a quick review of the chair? As in, is it okay or are there any problems with it.

Thanks.

This is the chair I'm talking about:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7276564_whatsappimage20180617at1_53_16pm_jpeg_jpeg4f1f6c95dcbe2def29991769a5f03118
Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by topsquino(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2019
Shoodboi:
Hello Topsquino, sorry about your experience with Hog furniture. I would have loved to get the black chair (the one delivered to you) from them but I wouldn't because I fear I might end up with a stool.

But I have found the exact same chair on Jumia and Jiji and want to get it from there instead. Please, could you give me a quick review of the chair? As in, is it okay or are there any problems with it.

Thanks.

This is the chair I'm talking about:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7276564_whatsappimage20180617at1_53_16pm_jpeg_jpeg4f1f6c95dcbe2def29991769a5f03118

Buying furniture online in Nigeria is not safe, from my experience

If the company sends the wrong order, the seller will still want you to use your own money to return the item.

Funny enough, they do it intentionally especially if they know you are not staying in Lagos

Even if you want to return it, they will lie that you've damaged it, showing you silly scratches on the furniture to discourage you from returning it

That was what happened to me. They sent me the wrong item and they still expected me to use my money to return it.

Because of that experience, I don't buy my furniture or anything bulky online again

As for the chair, I think the leather is top notch

But I noticed that the brown paint on the chair frame started peeling off gradually after 3 months of use. Other features of the chair are still in good shape. If I have time, I will repaint it again

In sum, I will give the chair 7/10. And I will advise you to buy the chair offline.

You can go to their office and pick the item with your kokoro eyes

By the way, jumia and konga buys from hog furniture

So it's better to go to hog furniture office to buy it

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2019
topsquino:

Buying furniture online in Nigeria is not safe, from my experience

If the company sends the wrong order, the seller will still want you to use your own money to return the item.

Funny enough, they do it intentionally especially if they know you are not staying in Lagos

Even if you want to return it, they will lie that you've damaged it, showing you silly scratches on the furniture to discourage you from returning it

That was what happened to me. They sent me the wrong item and they still expected me to use my money to return it.

Because of that experience, I don't buy my furniture or anything bulky online again

As for the chair, I think the leather is top notch

But I noticed that the brown paint on the chair frame started peeling off gradually after 3 months of use. Other features of the chair are still in good shape. If I have time, I will repaint it again

In sum, I will give the chair 7/10. And I will advise you to buy the chair offline.

You can go to their office and pick the item with your kokoro eyes

By the way, jumia and konga buys from hog furniture

So it's better to go to hog furniture office to buy it

Thanks a lot for this. My decision to buy online has more to do with logistics.

I also compared prices on Jumia and Hog and they are the same with about 1,000 difference, with Hog being the more expensive. I don't know why but Hog also priced their products in dollars instead of naira.

I would have bought it from Hog (since they are the makers) but I am afraid they could send me a cheaper product since they are not reliable.

I'm going for Jumia because they have a return policy. I can return the item within a week. And I know it works because I once returned an item that was defective.

I don't pay for returns too. They come over to pick it up.

Thanks a lot once again.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience Buying An Office Chair Online by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2020
We dey

(1) (Reply)

Make 1000$ In A Few Weeks With Gram For Free / Describing The Best Car Tires / Get Gtbank Swift Code To Receive Adsense Payment Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.