Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (585691 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oma255: 11:52am On Jun 28, 2018
chrisb2r200:

I don't understand this zenith o...I did mine with their branch office in ikeja. On Monday I was charged #250 and #5000 respectively. But since then I haven't gotten any alert or confirmation. Please is that how u were charged too??

Yes is very normal. They changed me #250 and #5000 Naira (for Vat & the form A processing ) the second day and another #5000 Naira ( for the outward transfer) the third day. Then I received a confirmation email from Fintiba the 5ft day.

This is why is good to do it from their head office because is faster. It would have even taken 4 days if i had gone to their head office before 9am that day instead of 2pm.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by AgentONE(m): 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
How much is zenith bank Exchange rate for block account
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by maxxhanzel: 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
dwali386:

Did you send your documents via postal mail? What address did you use because I wan to send mine too please

Combine all your files (certified docs) in one PDF document and upload to the application portal. No posting.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by connweke: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
please what email address did you send the confirmation of blocked account after the interview
Lalaski001:
With my heart finally at ease and full of joy, I wish to announce that my Almighty AM has dropped.

My journey started around this same time last year. I initially wanted to go to Norway and started following the thread, but I somehow stumbled on the German thread and I have been on it from that day. I don't go a day without opening the thread and I have read from part 2 to the last page on the current part.

I applied to about 3 schools for summer semester 2018. They all rejected me (with good reasons though) except for FAU that rejected me just because of cetification. I was heartbroken.

I only applied to those 3 schools for summer because I didn't want to go through UNIASSIST because of financial reasons.

TIMELINE:

Applied for Admission: 02-12-2017
Opened Fintiba: 20-12-2017
Received Admission: 13-02-2018
Interview: 28-05-2018
Sent blocked account confirmation: 15-06-2018
AM dropped: 25-06-2018.

I am not sure where I am going yet. I have admission for University of Freiberg. (Environmental Geoscience)

Still expecting from Leibniz universitat Hannover (Water Resourses and Environmental Management), University of Bayreuth( Environmental Geography) and Kiel (Marine Geoscience).

The one month wait for the AM was really a tough one. Even though I was very confident of my interview, I was still kinda worried.

Thank you all for all the assistance here. I use myself as a point of contact to all those still expecting, it will get to us all in Jesus name.

Onto the next phase.

God is faithful.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dwali386: 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
heybaby12:
For those of u going for a second Bsc. Prepare to be asked why why why
hahahahaha
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dwali386: 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lalaski001:
Second admission finally dropped this morning.

University of Bayreuth (Environmental Geography)

Anyone going to Bayreuth can PM me.
please i forwarded my application for bayreuth Msc Economics via email since on Monday... but no reply from them yet.
please when did u apply and how long did it take them before ur application was approved?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lalaski001: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
connweke:
please what email address did you send the confirmation of blocked account after the interview

info@lago.diplo.de

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dwali386: 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
Yobaby:
Transcript! Transcript!!

Arrived by 5:15am. I was the third. The fair mopol man informed was that Paulinus started his live today. A new calm man would attend to us when the time comes.

So 4 people for student visa. The new man was so sweet and we were now late for our interview. We sat down inside the main building.

The first and second person entered their VO rooms. I entered mine.

VO: please your documents
Me: Yes please
VO: How much did you find?
Me: .......
VO: Name of course and why the course?
VO: Are you married? Marriage certificate and any child,birth certificate pls.
VO: Do you speak German? Yes or No please
Me: No.
VO: A Masters program or B. SC?
Me: Masters
VO: When did you graduate and name of university?
Me: ............
VO: What did you do after Bachelor's degree?
Me: ......
VO: Why another masters/B.Sc?
Me: defend it to the core oh.....
VO: Why this course in Germany?
Me: ......
VO: Why not any English-speaking country?
Me: ........
VO: Tell me about Germany.
Me: good to know names of scholars and not only in your field.... Music, poetry etc.
VO: Where is the state located in Germany?
Me: don't remember
VO: Tell me about the state.
VO: Any question for me?
Me: ....hmmmm

Thank you.. if any questions, or information about the visa, we would get back to you.

was that your interview question?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
dwali386:

Which

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

Which kind question be this
The kind question wey dey Make wahala happen.. ... � grin grin grin
It's allowed to ask.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by acedboss(m): 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Hello house. anyone who wants to pay Uni assist fees, semester fees or any other fees should feel free to pm me to assist with that.
God bless us all and help each one of us to achieve our dreams!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by okpala95(m): 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
Guten Tag,
Pls anyone sending acceptance letter to Uni of Potsdam.. Kindly PM me.

I'm in lagos, BTW.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yobaby: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
dwali386:

It was Heybaby12 questions
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 5:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
Tayerulz:

Thanks for this piece. I was wondering if any of zenith bank's branch office could render this service...

It'll be better to go to the HQ, since the branch will still forward the application there for final authorization.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mimikyute(f): 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Plz I need clarification
If a school asks for certified copies of your documents does it mean they want to grant you admission.. Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Twallace: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
From what I have been reading in Quora.com and other blogs, making friends in Germany can be hard especially in the beginning. But let's not get discouraged. Instead, let's get each others back.

On this note, if you are going to Saxony state which includes :

Leipzig
Dresden
Cottbus
Chemnitiz

Pm let's form a group and help each other settle well in Saxony. Other people going to East Germany:

Berlin
Postdam
Magdeburg
Halle

can join the group as well.

Note: All these cities are not more than one hour from each other by autobahn

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princejck: 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Twallace:
From what I have been reading in Quora.com and other blogs, making friends in Germany can be hard especially in the beginning. But let's not get discouraged. Instead, let's get each others back.

Leipzig
Dresden
Cottbus
Chemnitiz

Pm let's form a group and help each other settle well in Saxony. Other people going to East Germany:

Berlin
Postdam
Magdeburg
Halle

lol..Germany is a great country, making friends is difficult but try get one german friend at least..also if you enter, you no go even get time to travel that one hour journey by autobahn..but i feel ur motivation.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Twallace: 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
princejck:

lol..Germany is a great country, making friends is difficult but try get one german friend at least..also if you enter, you no go even get time to travel that one hour journey by autobahn..but i feel ur motivation.

Lol........ Bro misery loves company. It is not really about travelling but sharing experiences and motivating one another

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dammy112: 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
I need a little help here. My CGPA is 2.78 and my GPA is 3.32 And Bamberg University denied me admission saying I didn't meet the German 2.7 mark or better, Does anyone has any idea as to how the German CGPA get calculated. The school is in Bavaria
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahyjo: 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
Pls can the certification of documents be done in a state High court ? Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Palla: 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ahyjo:
Pls can the certification of documents be done in a state High court ? Thank you.
yes
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahyjo: 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
Palla:
yes

Bless you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by 1murphy1: 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
Anyone going to Ludwig Maximilian university this winter

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ejikeme27: 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
Twallace:

Leipzig
Dresden
Cottbus
Chemnitiz

Berlin
Postdam
Magdeburg
Halle

sent u a pm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
Just strolling through usa visa thread, omo does people dey dash denial gan oo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DiBoss: 7:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
The major difference na practical. Hochschule do more of practical university more theory. Hochschule prepare you for the Labor market cos they do more practical. Another major difference na PhD. Hochschule do not offer PhD.
princejck:

Hochschule and Fachochschule re same but university is entirely different.

Example Hochschule/Fachhochschule offer Bachelor of Engineering and University offer Bachelor of Science as degree.
So their not the same thing..

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
Palla:
yes
Abeg, na how much e fit cost?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princejck: 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
DiBoss:
The major difference na practical. Hochschule do more of practical university more theory. Hochschule prepare you for the Labor market cos they do more practical. Another major difference na PhD. Hochschule do not offer PhD.

Guy the intensity of studying at uni no be joke...thats all am just trying to point out...i dey FH so i know the difference.

moreover both do practical and research.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5