Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (585395 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by klexycole(m): 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
Sarahgold53:

Follow the information u got from mailing them. I think they changed alot regarding their application process but yet to update it on their site

Are you going for the same course too, Bsc?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2018
opeyeminas:
Hello guys incase of rejection and an appeal is being made, who is going to re issue the visa. The alien office or the consulate??
Note: visa was rejected after Am and after sending passport nd insurance. Rejection was based on Enrollment deadline expired
Got another letter of extension and appealed d following day which is on 25the on Nov. Am still waiting for reply from them. Who is having experience with stuff like this that can shed more light. Thanks
have the embassy replied you for this?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Isoiso: 1:19am On Nov 18, 2018
Thank you bro. But have gone to the school, all efforts to no avail. Go here and go here, wait here and wait here, just one story to the other.
Uche9:

Suggestions:
1. Got to a good photo studio and tell them what it's for. If possible, browse the German visa passport specifications and show them.
2. Go to ur primary school and request for it.
Hope these work. Good luck!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Isoiso: 1:39am On Nov 18, 2018
If you google GERMAN EMBASSY PHONE NUMBER, broo.
I bi wan just get clarification on the differnces in contact and permanent addresses.
justwise:

Please which Germany website did you get that number from?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 6:55am On Nov 18, 2018
Jackto365:
Hello all, I need assistance from a student who has received an acceptance/admission letter from Julius Maximilian University.

1)I want to apply for this summer semester.. when do they give out their acceptance letter... Because I don't know if I can meet up with Visa requirement if the admission letter comes out late

2)Can I deferr my summer admission for winter,if I get admitted.

Please an individual with a personal experience

Admission comes a month after deadline, which is from febuary
And no you can't defer. You have to reapply.
But school starts April. So you can meet up
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutchkid: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2018
Those of us that have sucessfully applied to Mechatronics and Cyber Physical Systems TU Deggendorf. How did you fill the part which says preliminary studies. I couldnt pass that last stage of application. The error message was "The sum of semester and leave semester is not possible in this period!"
Someone should help me..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 8:22am On Nov 18, 2018
Isoiso:
Thanks bro, but I am considering if an affidavit could be ok.

Yes the appointment confirmation is via email.

Though, one for me to wire 30k into it, claiming that I will need to inform the consulate general of my appointment, only then will he (consulate) issue me a gate pass (permit letter) to access him. he called it STUDENT VISA APPROVAL TICKET/AUTHORIZATION/PASS TICKET. And that I should kindly call immediately after depositing, for VERIFICATION.

This was after calling the phone number on the german webpage (if you google GERMAN EMBASSY PHONE NUMBER - ), trying to relay a supposed issue of difference in contact and permanent addresses.

I wonder why you still quoting this over and over again.

Please @justwise delete them all. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by justwise(m): 8:30am On Nov 18, 2018
heybaby12:

Noted.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by justwise(m): 8:41am On Nov 18, 2018
Isoiso:
If you google GERMAN EMBASSY PHONE NUMBER, broo.
I bi wan just get clarification on the differnces in contact and permanent addresses.

That number is not in German embassy website and i really don't know what you are playing at, stop recycling that fraudulent post.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 18, 2018
opeyeminas:
Hello guys incase of rejection and an appeal is being made, who is going to re issue the visa. The alien office or the consulate??
Note: visa was rejected after Am and after sending passport nd insurance. Rejection was based on Enrollment deadline expired
Got another letter of extension and appealed d following day which is on 25the on Nov. Am still waiting for reply from them. Who is having experience with stuff like this that can shed more light. Thanks
can you check your mail please. i sent a pm.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fabiosmart: 10:43am On Nov 18, 2018
justwise:

That number is not in German embassy website and i really don't know what you are playing at, stop recycling that fraudulent post.

I tire for the man o

You see their official website you no go

Nah Google you go dey pick number
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 10:47am On Nov 18, 2018
Dutchkid:
Those of us that have sucessfully applied to Mechatronics and Cyber Physical Systems TU Deggendorf. How did you fill the part which says preliminary studies. I couldnt pass that last stage of application. The error message was "The sum of semester and leave semester is not possible in this period!"
Someone should help me..

is this course English taught?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fabiosmart: 10:52am On Nov 18, 2018
heybaby12:
heybaby12 Trust you're doing great over there?
Your pressence here is golden and I personally appreciate that.
How is going over there?
I'm eyeing Saarland University, any gist about the area?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 11:10am On Nov 18, 2018
Yes sir.

beatmonster:

is this course English taught?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 11:47am On Nov 18, 2018
fabiosmart:

heybaby12 Trust you're doing great over there?

Your pressence here is golden and I personally appreciate that.

How is going over there?

I'm eyeing Saarland University, any gist about the area?
Thanks my oga at the Top....
I don't know anything about that side oh. I am in one Village in Saxony oh.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fabiosmart: 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
heybaby12:

Thanks my oga at the Top....
I don't know anything about that side oh. I am in one Village in Saxony oh.

LOL.. village wey fine pass our own city, its a village indeed.

It is well my sister.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ralphosondu: 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=Isoiso post=73066328]Hello guys,

I trust God you are all good and healthy.

Concerning the student visa application checklist. I have all the documents ready, except;
1. 2 identical passport pictures according to biometric specifications.
2. Primary school leaving certificate.

And I really do not know how to go about these.

Please, your kind advise and suggestion(s) will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
You will need an extra passport photo so go with more than 2
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dankeschon: 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
ralphosondu:
Please how long was it before they sent back your passport with visa after AM dropped?

Let's say 6 or 7days; in responding to the AM, I indicated that I'll like to personally pick-up my Visa at the Consulate, buh they didn't reply me, after two days I did a reminder, and yet no response, after four days, I did another reminder, telling them it's quite urgent (since school resumed since 1st week of Oct.), yet no response, I waited and waited all day refreshing my mail every hour, yet I saw no response from them, and this was driving me nuts, cos I really needed to resume asap.
Well, I got home that evening, and my sis told me she signed off a DHL package for me and kept it on my bed, and I just knew it had to be it. As I went to my room to see the package, I was praying it's not a rejection. I opened the parcel, lo and behold all my original documents, along with my Passport:
"VISUM".

18 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
Dankeschon:

Let's say 6 or 7days; in responding to the AM, I indicated that I'll like to personally pick-up my Visa at the Consulate, buh they didn't reply me, after two days I did a reminder, and yet no response, after four days, I did another reminder, telling them it's quite urgent (since school resumed since 1st week of Oct.), yet no response, I waited and waited all day refreshing my mail every hour, yet I saw no response from them, and this was driving me nuts, cos I really needed to resume asap.
Well, I got home that evening, and my sis told me she signed off a DHL package for me and kept it on my bed, and I just knew it had to be it. As I went to my room to see the package, I was praying it's not a rejection. I opened the parcel, lo and behold all my original documents, along with my Passport:
"VISUM".

Congrats
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dankeschon: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2018
I thank God for everything.

A lil advice for all who'll be heading to Deutschland in future:
Pls and don't come here on weekends, or better still don't leave Nigeria towards weekend (like Thursday or Friday); I really hear pepper.

I left our dear country on Thursday, missed my flight on transit, and had to spend an entire day at Turkish Airport (btw Turkish Airport is the most bubbling of all international airports I have been to).
All my funds were in my luggage, as well as my cards, so I was stranded, so I couldn't buy a new ticket, couldn't buy food, couldn't pay for Airport hotel, and couldn't go into town either. Thank God my phone was charged and credit loaded, so I called home (calls rates from here are crazy high), they bought a new ticket, which would leave the next day evening, but I was still stranded in terms of food and shelter. Thank God for a Nigerian woman I met at the Airport, she lived in Europe, was stranded too, but had no means of communications, she heard me blurting my local vanacular on Phone and pleaded to use my phone, which I gave her. We spent the next 24hrs in that Airport, she bought my meals twice, that's how I survived those 24hrs. Turkish Airport is alive 24hrs, it's like The Palms and Leisure Mall in one place, food and drinks everywhere; this 'livelyness' really helped me, there was never a dull moment.

I finally arrived here Friday night, slept at the closest hotel to the airport; I thought I could get into town, but when I got out of the airport doors, the freezing cold didn't even let me think correct. I was just shouting "Hotel, Hotel, Hotel" to all the Taxi men there. One of them finally pointed a hotel to me, and I ran like a mad man into the hotel.
I left for my town the next day hoping to settle into my accomodation. Lo and behold, my people, Saturday and Sunday here is like National Election day in Naija, you won't even see anyone outside, not to talk of paying for accomodation. The only places open are Train stations, Malls, and Petrol stations.

So I "jejely" lodged into another hotel, this time for two nights, till Monday, (the cold here alone wont allow u spend a minute outside). Thank God I came with my Dollar card, it has been so so helpful. My account officer also told me our Naira cards also works abroad, but I've not tried it yet, I don't want any embarrassment, and someone will start looking me one-kind-eye. Germany is a cash society, so I advise you come here with cash; I came with cash also, but only use it when they insist it must be cash. All my train Tickets were bought with my Card; my cash(€) is very "sacred", it rarely comes out.

Pls also try learn a lil Deutsch, cos if your case was like mine, hmmmmm.
I missed my stop in between train stops, but thank God, I had Deutsch upto B1, so I could ask for simple directions.

My advice(s) in summary;
1.Leave on a Sunday,Monday, or Tuesday (at worse Wednesday), except u have your accomodation already sorted out and settled.
2.Load your Nigerian line, as much as you can; this saved my 'life'.
3.Pls hold some Euros, no matter how small, you can never tell (me myself, I never believed that all the things that have happened to me these past four days could ever happen to me)
4.Just a lil Deutsch, even if it is "Guten Tag", or "Hallo".

So lemme now ask my question:
Pls and pls to those who have unblocked their Fintiba Account, how long does this take??
I opened an N26-Black Account(it comes with a monthly charge) back in Nigeria, and they've even sent my card, but I wasn't around to pick it, so it was returned. What else do I need to unblock my account? And how long exactly will it take?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
Good afternoon everybody. Trust you're having a great day.

Please who can give me an insight on Neubradenburg, Germany ( a city in Merklenburg vorpemmen ). I want to know the cost of living there and how expensive it is.

cc: @honourableseyi, @justwise @heybaby12
Thanks in advance.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
Dankeschon:

Pls and pls to those who have unblocked their Fintiba Account, how long does this take??
I opened an N26-Black Account(it comes with a monthly charge) back in Nigeria, and they've even sent my card, but I wasn't around to pick it, so it was returned. What else do I need to unblock my account? And how long exactly will it take?

Sorry for your stress but I warned ppl when I got here my luck was I had my accomodation sorted out. Could not call home or communicate with ppl back home until Monday when I bought line and Wi-Fi.

To your question i unblocked in 4days(using N26)
I got my postldent while I was in nigeria. When I got here I submitted it on Monday, opened N26 on Tuesday.. got a reply from Fintiba on Wednesday morning , then sent my IBAN to fintiba and then got my TAN and other information. Early morning on Thursday the money was I my account.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by hadassaheke(f): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Kenechill:

Admission comes a month after deadline, which is from febuary
And no you can't defer. You have to reapply.
But school starts April. So you can meet up
It's not carved on stone. It depends on the school and program. Some schools allow deferment while some do not.

Also, some admission decision takes up to 2 months. Different school and program have different procedure.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by hadassaheke(f): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=ralphosondu post=73077609][/quote]
1. Go to a photographer and tell them that you need a passport photo for visa processing. They are aware of the specifications.

2. You can get an affidavit if you don't have a primary school certificate.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fabiosmart: 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Dankeschon:

"VISUM".

Congrat bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by badmus306(m): 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
hadassaheke:

It's not carved on stone. It depends on the school and program. Some schools allow deferment while some do not.

Also, some admission decision takes up to 2 months. Different school and program have different procedure.
Any idea of school that allows differment??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by hadassaheke(f): 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
badmus306:

Any idea of school that allows differment??
I know of TUM

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ndkings1:
Please, is there anybody applying to George August university gottingen.... I have already applied for masters in neuroscience. I want to apply for another in the same university.
Looking for a fellow applicant to rub minds

is it tuition free?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fabiosmart: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
Dankeschon:

A lil advice for all who'll be heading to Deutschland in future:
Pls and don't come here on weekends, or better still don't leave Nigeria towards weekend (like Thursday or Friday); I really hear pepper.

I left our dear country on Thursday, missed my flight on transit, and had to spend an entire day at Turkish Airport (btw Turkish Airport is the most bubbling of all international airports I have been to).
All my funds were in my luggage, as well as my cards, so I was stranded, so I couldn't buy a new ticket, couldn't buy food, couldn't pay for Airport hotel, and couldn't go into town either. Thank God my phone was charged and credit loaded, so I called home (calls rates from here are crazy high), they bought a new ticket, which would leave the next day evening, but I was still stranded in terms of food and shelter. Thank God for a Nigerian woman I met at the Airport, she lived in Europe, was stranded too, but had no means of communications, she heard me blurting my local vanacular on Phone and pleaded to use my phone, which I gave her. We spent the next 24hrs in that Airport, she bought my meals twice, that's how I survived those 24hrs. Turkish Airport is alive 24hrs, it's like The Palms and Leisure Mall in one place, food and drinks everywhere; this 'livelyness' really helped me, there was never a dull moment.

I finally arrived here Friday night, slept at the closest hotel to the airport; I thought I could get into town, but when I got out of the airport doors, the freezing cold didn't even let me think correct. I was just shouting "Hotel, Hotel, Hotel" to all the Taxi men there. One of them finally pointed a hotel to me, and I ran like a mad man into the hotel.
I left for my town the next day hoping to settle into my accomodation. Lo and behold, my people, Saturday and Sunday here is like National Election day in Naija, you won't even see anyone outside, not to talk of paying for accomodation. The only places open are Train stations, Malls, and Petrol stations.

So I "jejely" lodged into another hotel, this time for two nights, till Monday, (the cold here alone wont allow u spend a minute outside). Thank God I came with my Dollar card, it has been so so helpful. My account officer also told me our Naira cards also works abroad, but I've not tried it yet, I don't want any embarrassment, and someone will start looking me one-kind-eye. Germany is a cash society, so I advise you come here with cash; I came with cash also, but only use it when they insist it must be cash. All my train Tickets were bought with my Card; my cash(€) is very "sacred", it rarely comes out.

Pls also try learn a lil Deutsch, cos if your case was like mine, hmmmmm.
I missed my stop in between train stops, but thank God, I had Deutsch upto B1, so I could ask for simple directions.

My advice(s) in summary;
1.Leave on a Sunday,Monday, or Tuesday (at worse Wednesday), except u have your accomodation already sorted out and settled.
2.Load your Nigerian line, as much as you can; this saved my 'life'.
3.Pls hold some Euros, no matter how small, you can never tell (me myself, I never believed that all the things that have happened to me these past four days could ever happen to me)
4.Just a lil Deutsch, even if it is "Guten Tag", or "Hallo".

What a bitter-sweet experience, Thank God you're fine now

which uni and state are you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.