Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (585534 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KamsyIvy: 9:38am On Dec 06, 2018
Has anyone applied to TU Braunschweig recently?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UncleJudax(m): 9:51am On Dec 06, 2018
Armstrong34:

is Germany a Racist country....do they hate blacks
Ja. Bitte komm nicht. grin

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sirbohr007(m): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2018
grin grin grin
UncleJudax:

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lburna: 10:18am On Dec 06, 2018
eastafro:

are you guys from cs background ?

Me, yes.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bujebudanu1(m): 10:20am On Dec 06, 2018
UncleJudax:

Yes, please don't come.

Am I correct with the translation?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Tvaddict: 10:38am On Dec 06, 2018
BadmanKas:
for 1 week now I’ve been trying to book appointment, still no date available. I stay up late refreshing, still nothing

Try at exactly 11:59-12:00. It only stays up for a few secs
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UncleJudax(m): 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2018
bujebudanu1:

Yes, please don't come.

Am I correct with the translation?
Genau cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KunmiRoxitaLTD: 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2018
please guru I need urgent help

1. Please I need help with any university without uni assist . For Bachelor Engineering or management course

2. Which of the posting service is reliable and cheap, that I can use to send my certificate

3. How reliable is notary certification for admission
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MOTOPARK: 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2018
Good day guru in the house have successfully booked for an interview
dong some gathering of document am have issue with date of birth because
i was born before 1992 that German embassy say something like swear affidavit
please how should going about it please ASAP
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chuddysambo: 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2018
MOTOPARK:
Good day guru in the house have successfully booked for an interview
dong some gathering of document am have issue with date of birth because
i was born before 1992 that German embassy say something like swear affidavit
please how should going about it please ASAP
go to a court with the head of your family and get a declaration of age.
Pls note that it would be deposed by your dad (or head of family)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 06, 2018
Please I'm a newbie concerning funding of accounts.... I need explanation as to how to do this...
Would I have to transfer the naira equivalent of 8700 euro from my normal Nigeria savings account to my block account?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2018
Adeomam:

To convert your cgpa to german scale go through this link https://msingermany.co.in/german-grade-calculator/

To calculate your ECTS points (You need your transcript for this)

In a semester, for every course you did, You multiply the grade you got by their units

Each alphabetical grade is substituted by numerical equivalent: A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, and E=1. You should already know how scores are graded (maybe 70 is A and 60 is B)

For example, In a semester you did maybe 4 courses,

courses units grade
Bio 101 3 A 3*5= 15
che 101 3 B 3*4= 20
Mts 101 2 C 2*3= 6
phy 101 3 D 3*2= 6

then you add 15+20+6+6= 47. you do the same calculation for each semester and add the total score together. That's your ECTS points

I hope you understand

I was told after summing up the units for the respective semesters, you have to multiply what you get by 1.5
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Benifbond: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2018
Ndkings1:

After summing up everything together, you multiply the result by 1.5
I stand to be corrected
I thought ECTs/CP is gotten by multiplying total credit units accumulated by 1.5
Eg. Physics with credit unit of 3
Its ECTs would be 3×1.5=4.5
Though that's what i did ooo
It has nothing to do with ur grade in that course. Just only the credit unit
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Gavrelino123: 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2018
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2018
chuddysambo:
go to a court with the head of your family and get a declaration of age.
Pls note that it would be deposed by your dad (or head of family)

It's very simple

Just go to the high court to do an affidavit for your age. It's called a declaration of age. in the affidavit, your dad or whoever is the head of your family will declare that you were born on a particular day and some other stuff.

It's not difficult at all when you get to the court there are people outside screaming affidavit. they already know what it's about just don't let them cheat you because it's between 500 to 800 naira.

It would be better if you enter the high court and do it yourself but if you don't want to stress yourself, you can do it with the people outside. I repeat again, DO NOT LET THEM CHEAT YOU!

All the best!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by asamwababy: 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2018
Mystique20:
Thanks a lot, it certainly helps.

I'd have to bother you a little more, I'm trying to open a blocked account on fintiba, the site is requesting FOR MY TIN number, there's an option for those who don't yet have a TIN number, however, I've clicked on it but it's still requesting for my TIN. Please advice, thanks.

Type NOT AVAILABLE in the TIN number field.

It stated there.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2018
KunmiRoxitaLTD:
please guru I need urgent help

1. Please I need help with any university without uni assist . For Bachelor Engineering or management course

2. Which of the posting service is reliable and cheap, that I can use to send my certificate

3. How reliable is notary certification for admission

1. I know staying away from uni-assist seems cheaper for your admission process but using it gives you the opportunity to apply to multiple schools and getting admission might be faster and easier. Anyways these are the schools I know

University of Kiel
Bayreuth University
Rosenheim University of Applied sciences
Regensburg university

Note: You're not the only one that is avoiding uni-assist so getting admission in these schools might be difficult because there'll definitely be competition! but there's no harm in trying! Just make sure you have a very good motivation letter and having good scores in your previous studies is also another advantage. Also, keep in mind that their bachelor courses might not be taken in English

2. Dhl is fast and reliable. if you want a fast and reliable service, It won't come cheap. but I don't expect you to spend beyond 15k. NIPOST is cheap but patronizing them is really risky

3. depends on what the school wants! Some schools insist that you must certify at a German authority, while others say notary public.

Just find the school you want to go to, then read and understand their application procedure. if you want to embark on this journey, you might have to make some sacrifices like spending extra time to search for schools since you don't want to use uni-assist and paying more to use a courier service that is fast and reliable.

Like I said earlier, there's no harm in trying! Start first and if you are confused about anything or you have questions, just drop them here. I'm sure there are many people here who are more than willing to help

All the best

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2018
Benifbond:

I stand to be corrected
I thought ECTs/CP is gotten by multiplying total credit units accumulated by 1.5
Eg. Physics with credit unit of 3
Its ECTs would be 3×1.5=4.5
Though that's what i did ooo
It has nothing to do with ur grade in that course. Just only the credit unit

That means i am wrong then!

Thank you for the correction!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DPapilo: 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2018
Verpflichtungserklärung otherwise Sponsorship letter, is a document stating/attesting that the bearer's living expenses would be taken care of by the principal/guarantor.
Conditions:
He/she(Guarantor) must be resident in Germany and must be financially bouyant, as may be defined by the ausländerbehörde (local authority of his/her city).
ALTERNATIVELY, he/she works for a German company; (Or a German citizen)irrespective of his/her country of residence.
Advantage: Saves you the stress of blocking €9000.
Disadvantage: You may need to have extra cash on you...
What are the deals? I don't get that. Feel free to ask.
NB: Please be careful bro, cos many have sold their conscience. Just a nairaland group chat/pm/ even phone call may not be sufficient to entrust someone with such, without a VERIFIABLE control mechanism. If you need more clarification, you may feel free to ask/pm.
mikkypel:
Good morning great minds on this thread, I appreciate swift responses and maturity enjoyed here

Please I will appreciate if you can respond to what I have to bring to your table this morning

I will be applying for the German student visa by April for a degree course but all the money I am sure I can gather can not be more than 2m, I need to leave this country and find greener pastures there

My friend told me about sponsorship letter deal, Please I need someone to break it down for me, I do not want to do anything I will later regret considering that this huge amount of money will be borrowed

What is the advantages and disadvantages of sponsorship letters?

What are the deals involved?

How do I get someone to do that for me?

Please I await swift responses

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mikkypel(m): 6:16pm On Dec 06, 2018
DPapilo:
Verpflichtungserklärung otherwise Sponsorship letter, stating that the bearer's living expenses would be taken care of by the principal/guarantor.
Conditions:
He/she(Guarantor) must be a resident in Germany and must be financially bouyant, as may be defined by the ausländerbehörde (local authority of his/her city).
ALTERNATIVELY, he/she works for a German company; (Or a German citizen)irrespective of his/her country of residence.
Advantage: Saves you the stress of blocking €9000.
Disadvantage: You may need to have extra cash on you...
What are the deals? I don't get that. Feel free to ask.
NB: Please be careful bro, cos many have sold their conscience. Just a nairaland group chat/pm/ even phone call may not be sufficient to entrust someone with such, without a VERIFIABLE control mechanism. If you need more clarification, you may feel free to ask/pm.

In fact God bless you sir, I have sent you a mail. Please reply so we can talk at length

God bless you once more
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Armstrong34(m): 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2018
nairalanders pls pray for me ..am enrolling for National Open University from January to procure the 100L transcript and also Goethe institute from next year January.... I hope the Timing would work as for me to achieve the transcript and Language certificate B1 before application start September/October for Winter semester.....

as I would be overlooking April/may/June/July application for summer semester...

would I make it to apply for September/October
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2018
mikkypel:
Good morning great minds on this thread, I appreciate swift responses and maturity enjoyed here

Please I will appreciate if you can respond to what I have to bring to your table this morning

I will be applying for the German student visa by April for a degree course but all the money I am sure I can gather can not be more than 2m, I need to leave this country and find greener pastures there

My friend told me about sponsorship letter deal, Please I need someone to break it down for me, I do not want to do anything I will later regret considering that this huge amount of money will be borrowed

What is the advantages and disadvantages of sponsorship letters?

What are the deals involved?

How do I get someone to do that for me?

Please I await swift responses

The sponsorship letter only works for people who have their own relatives or friends in Germany. if you don't have people here then I won't advise you to do it because you might have to pay as high as 2000 Euros to get one which is not wise in my own opinion. Also, most of the guys here are not trustworthy, and unless the person you're dealing with is someone you know and trust, making such deals all the way from Nigeria might end in chaos

if you end up getting the letter, it still doesn't guarantee a visa and even if you eventually get a visa, you still have to raise around 1000 euros for your upkeep because everything here involves money and if you're unable to get a job within a month of your arrival how will you survive?

In my own opinion, raising the blocked amount is more wise and reasonable. Most people borrow the blocked money, then get jobs here in order to pay back. and I can guarantee that you will get jobs. It is not easy here and it'll take a while to pay back but it's worth it

this is my own one kobo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ato12: 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2018
can a family member with the same surname living the UK go to the German embassy in Uk and secure the sponsorship letter then the applicant can use it in Nigeria.....

Adeomam:

The sponsorship letter only works for people who have their own relatives or friends in Germany. if you don't have people here then I won't advise you to do it because you might have to pay as high as 2000 Euros to get one which is not wise in my own opinion. Also, most of the guys here are not trustworthy, and unless the person you're dealing with is someone you know and trust, making such deals all the way from Nigeria might end in chaos

if you end up getting the letter, it still doesn't guarantee a visa and even if you eventually get a visa, you still have to raise around 1000 euros for your upkeep because everything here involves money and if you're unable to get a job within a month of your arrival how will you survive?

In my own opinion, raising the blocked amount is more wise and reasonable. Most people borrow the blocked money, then get jobs here in order to pay back. and I can guarantee that you will get jobs. It is not easy here and it'll take a while to pay back but it's worth it

this is my own one kobo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeomam: 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2018
ato12:

can a family member with the same surname living the UK go to the German embassy in Uk and secure the sponsorship letter then the applicant can use it in Nigeria.....

NO!

Your sponsor must be a resident in Germany. It doesn't matter if you have the same surname or if you're related or not. as long as the person is living and working in Germany and the person is ready to sponsor you.. then you're good to go!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2018
UncleJudax:

Genau grin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sirgigs: 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2018
Olanrewaju92:
Summer guys.... All the best in ur prospect and compliments of the season in advance. Live from the city of the DOM. Köln

Please Guys, I have a question.

Does student Visa go with work permit as well?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by hadassaheke(f): 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2018
sirgigs:

Please Guys, I have a question.

Does student Visa go with work permit as well?
In some cases it does while in some, it doesn't. Mine came with a work permit though.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by hadassaheke(f): 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
Armstrong34:
nairalanders pls pray for me ..am enrolling for National Open University from January to procure the 100L transcript and also Goethe institute from next year January.... I hope the Timing would work as for me to achieve the transcript and Language certificate B1 before application start September/October for Winter semester.....

as I would be overlooking April/may/June/July application for summer semester...

would I make it to apply for September/October
1. It depends on how fast NOUN is and if it's possible to get your transcript on time.

2. Winter semester application commences for some schools from Nov/Dec of the previous year to July 15th of the year of resumption (Depending on the school, as different schools have different deadlines).
For instance, for winter 2020 resumption, application runs from Nov/Dec 2019 to July 15th 2020 depending on the school and program.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sirgigs: 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
Dutchkid:

Yes bro..
i got my Fintiba account even before applying to schools.. But your visa is what you need for your application.

Please, in a case where you opened and deposited funds into this Account then your Visa is denied.

Will the bank refund you, if yes how does it work?

thanks Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sirgigs: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2018
luckyzeeto:

Never stress ur self about the second year,the most important thing for u is to get here,have u ever seen someone being deported back because it cant meet up ,there is work available for students to sustain their self.when u get to that bridge, u will cross it

Hi Buddy, do students get work permit in Germany as well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2018
Thanks, I later realized where the statement was to be imputed.

[quote author=asamwababy post=73610981][/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ace1305: 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2018
I hail everyone here...pls I need someone travelling soon to any part of Germany that can help me get my documents across to a friend in Munich..pls I will really appreciate a quick response to this...thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.