Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,001 members, 7,799,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (583659 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ogoonna:

The letter is for summer semester not winter...and they are the o e that told me to send my documents, why all of a sudden they turn cold feet!
The first email they sent you, you honestly didn't answer the question.
The second email they sent you looks like one for booking a fresh appointment.
Let for me, I suggest you defer your admission and reapply for a fresh interview.
Appealing might take a while and you may even miss out on school work.

Also, just to add, when the embassy asked you if you want to appeal or book a new interview,your response sounded like you just wan travel.
Giving them the right to decide for you.
Be more firm and choose an option with a set out plan.
My suggestion shaaaaa
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ogoonna:

The letter is for summer semester not winter...and they are the o e that told me to send my documents, why all of a sudden they turn cold feet!
The first email they sent you, you honestly didn't answer the question.
The second email they sent you looks like one for booking a fresh appointment.
Let for me, I suggest you defer your admission and reapply for a fresh interview.
Appealing might take a while and you may even miss out on school work.

Also, just to add, when the embassy asked you if you want to appeal or book a new interview,your response sounded like you just wan travel.
Giving them the right to decide for you.
Be more firm and choose an option with a set out plan.
My suggestion shaaaaaaa
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
Uche9:
To God be the glory, I've joined the league of our brethren who have done their interview and are now waiting for the good news �

As is the culture here, this is for those yet to do theirs.

First off, ensure u have ur documents the way they ought to be (one original, two photocopies). Then, make sure u obey Mr. Paulinus' instructions. If u do these, u'll be checked in without any form of embarassment.

In no particular order, I was asked the following questions:

My intended course and level of study
The university (full name)
Why I chose the course
Why I chose Germany
Things I know about Germany
Why not Nigeria
Why not the US, UK or Canada
The admission officer of the uni
One thing led to another that made the VO ask me who the current minister of mines and steel development is.
My undergrad thesis title

That should be all. I wish y'all the best!

Hmmm, the VO wan get back at u but u are cleared even if you don't know it, na everything person go know about Germany?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ogoonna:
Hello group i need help if anyone can render with an idea!. I did my interview on the 25th October and had issues with the admission letter sent from sch, even the vo told me to contact the sch and tell them them that the letter wasn’t complete and i shoud send them the complete letter by email, I contacted sch and send them the letter i had byt got rejected with reason “ you couldn’t provide a valid admission letter from a german university ( although interview went well) “ so i start again to contact the sch and they agreed they would send me another complete letter this tome but only 5weeks before admission date! Which is 29jan, so I forwarded the the sch gave me to embassy letting dem know d status, then during end of dec i go the complete letter this time and even a map of my state and so on! Then emailed embassy asking for them to review my application nd for a date of a new interview date cos no space on website, the replied saying “ do you want to appeal the decision of the embassy or do you want ro register for a new appointment”
I replied, i wanted a date so i can meet up with my time. ( I didn’t want to appeal not to take chances and the time factor of 4weeks don pass).
I got a reply few days later saying “ thank you for your email, send your name, adress and documents as attachment to students@lago.diplo.de”. This was on the 2nd of Jan, when i got the email and I quickly replied, that same day nd sent them everything( but this wasn’t the email i was using to
Communicate with them
) but since that 2jan I haven’t heard any reply or date given to me yet!.
I emailed them again and still nothing and my time is fast approaching. What can i do??
I also attached that last email i got from them.
Any suggestions will help a long way really. Thank you

Rebook for an appointment with ur email u with, you should be able to get a response within 72hours. I still believe there is something not complete with what u sent or not presented well. Hope you captioned the email title well?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 2:28pm On Jan 14, 2019
Honestly 90% of questions asked here have been answered severally, this thread is becoming stale
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kuchiowong(m): 2:35pm On Jan 14, 2019
Uche9:
To God be the glory, I've joined the league of our brethren who have done their interview and are now waiting for the good news �

As is the culture here, this is for those yet to do theirs.

First off, ensure u have ur documents the way they ought to be (one original, two photocopies). Then, make sure u obey Mr. Paulinus' instructions. If u do these, u'll be checked in without any form of embarassment.

In no particular order, I was asked the following questions:

My intended course and level of study
The university (full name)
Why I chose the course
Why I chose Germany
Things I know about Germany
Why not Nigeria
Why not the US, UK or Canada
The admission officer of the uni
One thing led to another that made the VO ask me who the current minister of mines and steel development is.
My undergrad thesis title

That should be all. I wish y'all the best!
pls where you able to answer question on the current minister of mines and steel ,if so why do you think the question came up
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by aodiba(m): 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2019
Chriswazo:
Honestly 90% of questions asked here have been answered severally, this thread is becoming stale

People have to ask questions.
Hoping those that went Winter 18 will give a brief on what they have experienced so far in De.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2019
aodiba:

People have to ask questions.
Hoping those that went Winter 18 will give a brief on what they have experienced so far in De.

So what exactly is ur point? Haven't you noticed the declining rate of answers given even from those in Germany, simply because the questions d see are continually repeated and no one likes to repeat himself forever.
I am not against questions asked, I ask too and answer the few I know, but some u read and pissed with like someone asking you how to go about raising block money etc?
We need more of interview transcripts, Germany experiences and tips as much as we need relevant questions or confusing issues asked.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jeschi101: 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2019
Anyone going to koblenz for this summer?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2019
Well you just got another information free...definitely yes you are use your bsc transcript(100-400) to apply for another bsc.

mavrom8:

You mean one can use the whole BSc transcript (100 - 400 Level) to apply for another BSc in germany??

Please pardon the qst cause I only knew off applying with 100 level transcript for a BSc course in Germany before now..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 3:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
vinlyreeks:
Good afternoon E-fam please getting a part time job in DE, is it a must your job will be related to the course you are studying ?

How is the relationship of germans and international students most especially africans?

Securing accomodation in school dorms or apartments in cities which is one is better and cheaper? .

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 3:08pm On Jan 14, 2019
Aerofly76:
My first time here. Been a guest and seen the thread from part 1-5. Lovely thing you folks here are doing. It's an encyclopedia here, for those who like to read.
Before NL, I took interest in Rhine Waal university of applied science in Kleve against winter 2019. MSc Mechanical engineering. They want IELTS/TOEFL by force. Then there this exam I've never heard of TestAS. Making enquiries told I could write it at Goethe institute Lagos and if Lagos isn't a center, Accra is the closest.
I never read anything like that here. Anyone know what the exam is like? Past questions or something? I've also not seen or read any other school making it a requirement.
I won't mind any info as regards this TestAS.
Also, on this school, I'm looking at a PhD outside Germany later on, will I qualify? I read outside NL that some schools MSc in Germany don't exactly qualify to go in for PhD. Please if you have info as regards this also, I love to know

Finally, I'm also looking at Technical University of Munich - MSc Computational Mechanics for winter 2019. If there's anyone along that line, we could have a lot to share.
Danke

TestAS is usually for undergraduate studies. Please reconfirm the requirements for your intended program and explore other options. Try to apply to nothing less than 4 schools if you can afford.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenthumphz(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
vinlyreeks:
Good afternoon E-fam please getting a part time job in DE, is it a must your job will be related to the course you are studying ?

How is the relationship of germans and international students most especially africans?

Securing accomodation in school dorms or apartments in cities which is one is better and cheaper? .

1. It is not a must.

2. With germans, up to you. With Africans, its complicated, especially the French speaking Camerounians.

3. Irrelevant question. Is rent off campus in Nigeria cheaper than school hostel?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aerofly76: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
Thanks for your response. I also felt that exam should before bachelor's. If I can drop that school, I will.
I will surely consider TUM and Ruhr University for 2 different courses. I hope for the best for the winter. Cheers

Opinionator:

TestAS is usually for undergraduate studies. Please reconfirm the requirements for your intended program and explore other options. Try to apply to nothing less than 4 schools if you can afford.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by martineverest(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2019
good evening fans ..pls,how do I pay the uniassist 75 euros,cos I can't see the page to do that
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ogoonna:
Hello group i need help if anyone can render with an idea!. I did my interview on the 25th October and had issues with the admission letter sent from sch, even the vo told me to contact the sch and tell them them that the letter wasn’t complete and i shoud send them the complete letter by email, I contacted sch and send them the letter i had byt got rejected with reason “ you couldn’t provide a valid admission letter from a german university ( although interview went well) “ so i start again to contact the sch and they agreed they would send me another complete letter this tome but only 5weeks before admission date! Which is 29jan, so I forwarded the the sch gave me to embassy letting dem know d status, then during end of dec i go the complete letter this time and even a map of my state and so on! Then emailed embassy asking for them to review my application nd for a date of a new interview date cos no space on website, the replied saying “ do you want to appeal the decision of the embassy or do you want ro register for a new appointment”
I replied, i wanted a date so i can meet up with my time. ( I didn’t want to appeal not to take chances and the time factor of 4weeks don pass).
I got a reply few days later saying “ thank you for your email, send your name, adress and documents as attachment to students@lago.diplo.de”. This was on the 2nd of Jan, when i got the email and I quickly replied, that same day nd sent them everything( but this wasn’t the email i was using to
Communicate with them) but since that 2jan I haven’t heard any reply or date given to me yet!.
I emailed them again and still nothing and my time is fast approaching. What can i do??

I am sorry this is coming late as I am just seeing this post. I would have posited that you appeal. The reason for this is because for one, the appeal process would have been really quick (max 2 days) because no process had started on your application due to the incomplete admission documents from the school. The simple solution would have been to write a letter of remonstration (appeal) stating the issues with the admission letter and the solution you found to it. Attach the new admission documents to the letter of remonstration and email it to them. This would have been treated immediately and if all suffices, your application process started. You would have just had to wait the regular waiting period for visa issuance. Asking for a new date with the back log of applicants seeking interview dates is a bigger ask in this case and the bad part is that the embassy will not advice on this matter.

I would now advice that you respond to the initial mail asking you to choose to either appeal or get a new interview date, state that you want to appeal and that the appeal letter is attached with supporting documents and copy all the email addresses you know.

Hope you get a resolution soon.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by aodiba(m): 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
Chriswazo:

So what exactly is ur point? Haven't you noticed the declining rate of answers given even from those in Germany, simply because the questions d see are continually repeated and no one likes to repeat himself forever.
I am not against questions asked, I ask too and answer the few I know, but some u read and pissed with like someone asking you how to go about raising block money etc?
We need more of interview transcripts, Germany experiences and tips as much as we need relevant questions or confusing issues asked.

I actually do get ur point... was just saying, you know people will always ask questions. relevant and irrelevant. Won't bother to read a little.
I have personally researched on every city and school I plan to apply to.
The Indians have gone far in providing information for their people. They have YouTube videos on every aspect of moving to Germany for studies (I have watched a lot)
Hoping Africans... Nigerians can emulate that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mightysholaesp: 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2019
k1ngsley2:

I also got Admission there....let's connect.. email me kingsleyugo42@gmail.com....Bro

OK sir
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DwayneGy(m): 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2019
If I fund my blocked account a month after my visa interview, what are the implications?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by npmi(f): 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2019
Uche9:
ur question makes me think ure applying for a bachelor's. If that's the case, I don't think u'd be asked that.
I'm applying for Masters not Bachelor
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Godspride12: 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
Anyone here got admitted to TU - Chemnitz?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ernestjino(m): 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2019
Pls gurus in the house, my uni Bremen application status is showing "Formal Check " what does this mean, is it a good sign
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mavrom8: 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2019
Fabcol:
Well you just got another information free...definitely yes you are use your bsc transcript(100-400) to apply for another bsc.

Cool. Please how can one go about that?? That seem to be the way out for a "satisfactory" initial BSc grade.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2019
Same way you apply with your 100l transcript(I believe you know how this works)...just that this time your are sending the full transcript.. Yea also applying with with your full transcript gives you a wider course option meaning you can apply to a course totally different from what you studied in your first degree..I dont know if applying with just 100l transcript would give you this option

mavrom8:

Cool. Please how can one go about that?? That seem to be the way out for a "satisfactory" initial BSc grade.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
Kenthumphz:

1. It is not a must.

2. With germans, up to you. With Africans, its complicated, especially the French speaking Camerounians.

3. Irrelevant question. Is rent off campus in Nigeria cheaper than school hostel?

Thanks for the reply but no question is irrelevant and besides the second question I meant the level of racism in Germany?.. How does it affect international students especially we africans

Then the first one can you give me tips on the part jobs one can take
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 6:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ogoonna:
Communicate with them) but since that 2jan I haven’t heard any reply or date given to me yet!.

Please if you don't mind me asking, what exactly was missing from your application?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 6:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
[quote author=vinlyreeks post=74755818][/quote]

@Fabcol thank God you are viewing this can you help me out?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2019
I can't see the post you are quoting

vinlyreeks:

@Fabcol thank God you are viewing this can you help me out?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Uche9: 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2019
Kenechill:

Congrats o. But why the admission officer? What's the question for
I honestly have no idea. Better learn urs tho, if ure yet to do it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Uche9: 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
Kuchiowong:

pls where you able to answer question on the current minister of mines and steel ,if so why do you think the question came up
It came after I explained my plan after studies - working in the solid mineral industry of my home country...

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Uche9: 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2019
npmi:

I'm applying for Masters not Bachelor
okay, u could be asked to tell ur bachelor's degree thesis, so prepare for that

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.