Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (585708 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chizzy4God: 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2019
Thanks my brother. I send you PM

Rosicky7:
If you mean work after school, I really don't think your nationality matters. With the changes that was made recently, employers do not need to give reasons why they hired a foreigner again, unlike before. But one thing is certain.....you suppose dey chop German language like fufu grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Doktajay5: 12:56am On Jan 20, 2019
Abeg guys...

Is there any medical Doctor in this hustle? Please I'll like to follow closely.
Am intrested in occupational health and safety, however the few tuition free schools I've seen doesn't offer it.
Please if there's any colleague here, what course are u going for please? which school?
is there any tuition free school offering MPH, occupational health and safety to ur knowledge Apart from medical informatics, health economics and management..
Please epp ur brother..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sahm4u2nv(m): 12:57am On Jan 20, 2019
I am Schedule for an interview with University of BAYREUTH comes Feb 1st, I would like to know if anyone here has had an interview experience with them before or other schools.

What exactly Should I be expecting from them?, thanks and stay blessed

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sahm4u2nv(m): 1:05am On Jan 20, 2019
Submitted application for admission to the University of Bayreuth- 29th June, 2018.

Skype interview with the University of Bayreuth admission committee- 18th July, 2018.
- Received admission letter an hour after the interview on the same day.

Visa Interview date: 29th August, 2018.

A.M: 20th September, 2018.

Visa: 5th October, 2018.

It can only be God!
Can u please share your experience, I'm having interview with them by febi

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kendoschurrle(m): 4:40am On Jan 20, 2019
Ndkings1:

Applied for msc medical life science

Sorry please, is there a reason why you applied for a medical course? I can see some good environmental/agriculture related courses on DAAD. I read same course as you (AEB) and working on applying for the Winter session..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by danielsunky(m): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2019
Please someone should help with this.
danielsunky:
Please my first name isn't on my birth certificate issued by the local government. Also, my middle name wasn't spelt correctly. Please I want to know if an affidavit will suffice.

I have a copy of the NPC certificate but I cannot use it since I was born before 1992.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 8:03am On Jan 20, 2019
danielsunky:
Please my first name isn't on my birth certificate issued by the local government. Also, my middle name wasn't spelt correctly. Please I want to know if an affidavit will suffice.

I have a copy of the NPC certificate but I cannot use it since I was born before 1992.

An affidavit will suffice
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Samrubby1: 8:10am On Jan 20, 2019
Pls i just got admission into the university of Greifwald, it's far north and it's the only admission I got this summer...pls can anyone she'd light about the city..i heard that there you are on your own�...pls anyone there? Or intending to go there?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mrsmba5: 8:15am On Jan 20, 2019
Samrubby1:
Pls i just got admission into the university of Greifwald, it's far north and it's the only admission I got this summer...pls can anyone she'd light about the city..i heard that there you are on your own�...pls anyone there? Or intending to go there?
Msc or Bsc and how many schools did you apply to.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 8:30am On Jan 20, 2019
Samrubby1:

What you heard is true.
You're on your own bro. Na you go Germany, and you can make it very well over there, regardless of the city. Blend in, learn the language, perform well in school.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Doktajay5: 8:40am On Jan 20, 2019
Aerofly76:
Congrats to @chuddysambo and @amahbrain as you both await your AM.

@chuddysambo transcripts was comical though.
I'm wondering, with the line of questioning by the VO:
are u married? are u sure? do u have kids? even if ....?
Na crime for family man to try attempt a German study visa from Naija?
Comments welcomed.
Thanks

Can someone help with this please...
I also have observed from peoples experience here, much emphasis on "are u married, r u sure?" please what from your experience is their takf on married applicant's...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chimax1(m): 9:00am On Jan 20, 2019
chuddysambo:
My Transcript
Admission letter : October 20 2018
Interview date : January 15 2019

Arrived embassy by 5.30 am ( i came early abeg... i no wan give village people chance at all).
I waited in the car park till about 6.45 am. Then i went to line up.

IT WAS THEN THAT VILLAGE PEOPLE STRUCK
..................................�������

As i was listening to Paulinus' hoarse voice as he verbally molested one unfortunate girl, a small voice told me to count my visa fee.
I counted 21 pieces of one thousand naira notes.
21k!!!
What happened to the balance?

I started sweating like a
sallah ram.

Paulinus was saying 'any more student visa applicant?"

It was then that i RAN.
Like an olympic gold medallist.
...to the nearest ATM and withdrew the balance.

Pickpockets or careless money handling wasn't going to undo me.

When i returned to the queue i was wet all over with profuse sweating and Paulinus was still abusing that poor girl.

He sent the girl back and i took her place sharp sharp... no time.

Documents checked and a rare ugly smile from paulinus and i was let in.

Room 2.
Nice guy welcomed me with a smile.

Correct!!!

After the usual docs check and biometrics he asked me if i was married.
No
Are you sure?
Yes sir, i am single
Any children?
No
Are you sure? Even if illegitimate?

Dude i know where i shoot my shot... if i get pikin i would know nah�.

Why Germany?
Why not US or UK?
What are your plans after studies?(here i looked noble and answered as if Nigeria's problem was mine to solve alone)
Tell me about the city?
Tell me about Germany?
Title of Undergraduate Thesis?
( he typed everything)
Any question?
Hands me my passport.
We would get back to you soon.

P.S: Paulinus is not that bad. He just reminds me of our oldschool fathers and their tough love. Just have your docs (original +2 copies) as stipulated in the checklist and be fast when he calls them out for you.

We were only 3 students for student visa. I saw about 1000 people in front of the US embassy.

I am now in waiting mode.
Baba God over to you now!
congratulations in advance. pls how much did you pay as visa fees?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Samrubby1: 9:01am On Jan 20, 2019
mrsmba5:

Msc or Bsc and how many schools did you apply to.

Msc...i applied for 3 schools..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Samrubby1: 9:05am On Jan 20, 2019
Deustchemann:

What you heard is true.
You're on your own bro. Na you go Germany, and you can make it very well over there, regardless of the city. Blend in, learn the language, perform well in school.

Chaaaiii...naso my own take be�..so no want to help me out in accommodation? No Nigerian or even Ghanaian...pls this is scary...so no one has ventured there before? Pls someone who has past experience in University of greifwald

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Samrubby1: 9:06am On Jan 20, 2019
Deustchemann:

What you heard is true.

Chaaaiii...naso my own take be�..so no want to help me out in accommodation? No Nigerian or even Ghanaian...pls this is scary...so no one has ventured there before? Pls someone who has past experience in University of greifwald cry
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by modupejay: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2019
Samrubby1:

Chaaaiii...naso my own take be�..so no want to help me out in accommodation? No Nigerian or even Ghanaian...pls this is scary...so no one has ventured there before? Pls someone who has past experience in University of greifwald

Guy...go there, you can definitely make it. You don't need people to be there. In this life, if you think people will help you, you will be disappointed. Everyone is only concerned about their hustle the most. So don't put your chance of success on whether people are there or not okay. Just do what you have to do to succeed and you will.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Doktajay5: 9:29am On Jan 20, 2019
Please guys, sometimes I get lost when I see some abbreviations as AM, BA etc... Can someone help please.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dynamix234: 9:48am On Jan 20, 2019
Doktajay5:

I also have observed from peoples experience here, much emphasis on "are u married, r u sure?" please what from your experience is their takf on married applicant's...
yeah I hope anyone can throw more lights on this make we know if na to change am to single.lol
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dynamix234: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2019
Doktajay5:

yeah I hope anyone can throw more lights on this make we know if na to change am to single.lol
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Troy365: 9:50am On Jan 20, 2019
@Techgeek290 sent u a PM, Kindly respond.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 9:57am On Jan 20, 2019
Doktajay5:
Please guys, sometimes I get lost when I see some abbreviations as AM, BA etc... Can someone help please.

AM- approval mail. You get this about 4-6 weeks after interview

BA- Blocked account €8,640

SL- sponsorship letter

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:02am On Jan 20, 2019
Samrubby1:

Chaaaiii...naso my own take be�..so no want to help me out in accommodation? No Nigerian or even Ghanaian...pls this is scary...so no one has ventured there before? Pls someone who has past experience in University of greifwald cry

If it's about accommodation, contact your school for advice.
They should have a studentenwerk portal where you can search for accommodation. Or better still, download the app WG-Gesucht from playstore and search for accommodation there.

About part time student jobs, there'll definitely be something you can do

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Samrubby1: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2019
modupejay:

Guy...go there, you can definitely make it. You don't need people to be there. In this life, if you think people will help you, you will be disappointed. Everyone is only concerned about their hustle the most. So don't put your chance of success on whether people are there or not okay. Just do what you have to do to succeed and you will.

Thanks for the word of encouragement..i only wanted to know if anyone in this thread is going there too or schooling there, it could help me adapting faster in greifwald...thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Samrubby1: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2019
Deustchemann:

If it's about accommodation, contact your school for advice.
They should have a studentenwerk portal where you can search for accommodation. Or better still, download the app WG-Gesucht from playstore and search for accommodation there.

About part time student jobs, there'll definitely be something you can do

Thanks ...you are really helpful

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:25am On Jan 20, 2019
Samrubby1:

Thanks ...you are really helpful
You're welcome brother
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aerofly76: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2019
Thanks for the emphasis

I love to hear people's comments on it

Doktajay5:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 10:34am On Jan 20, 2019
Hi,
I didn't quite get your state, but you can try this link
https://www.stw-thueringen.de/english

You'll input your state and they'd help with accommodation, they have mostly hostels though and you need to apply early.
Best of luck.

Samrubby1:

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by lovable85(f): 10:54am On Jan 20, 2019
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-rent-in-Greifswald-Germany-for-a-student-What-are-some-part-time-job-opportunities-for-students

Samrubby1:

Thanks for the word of encouragement..i only wanted to know if anyone in this thread is going there too or schooling there, it could help me adapting faster in greifwald...thanks

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Samrubby1: 10:59am On Jan 20, 2019

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by waledora(f): 11:01am On Jan 20, 2019
Happy Sunday all,
Pls who applied to Köln(university of Cologne).?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kloneboi: 11:12am On Jan 20, 2019
Dutchkid awfa?

Have you taken decision on TU bergakademie FREIBERG? any idea about the city?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by sahm4u2nv(m): 11:56am On Jan 20, 2019
Goldenventures:

Someone is trying to help you and you speak so harshly. Some people are just funny here
I swear, kids everywhere grin I was like wow grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.