Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (585495 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by johndoefoo: 11:34am On Jul 04, 2018
Omosikiru1992:
NIPOST service has improved if you send through the general post office it will be delivered within 8-15 days the last time I sent something to Germany it got there within 8days....Note try to make use of there office in Airport or The marina office on island they charge 1050 for ordinary post while registered is 2000+ for around 100gram of what you are sending.

Always use the ordinary post. The registered is damn slow.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oracle12: 11:43am On Jul 04, 2018
diego2015:
Please when is their enrollment deadline as stated in your admission letter

I cant seem to find the enrollment deadline on the admission.

I can only see that lectures commence 15 Oct.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2018
johndoefoo:
About studying Engineering in Germany - The scary story. What to expect. If this is what to expect, then I should survive... I know all this pretty well though.

Mathematics 1

The students
• are able to understand the concept of logic, sets, functions and boolean algebra,
• are able to calculate with natural, integer, rational, real and complex numbers,
• can perform proofs by mathematical induction,
• can handle sequences and series – their limits and region of convergence,
• understand the exponential function with complex arguments, its properties and its relation to
trigonometric functions,
• can work with single argument functions, their inversion, composition and limits,
• understand the concept of Continuity and Differentation,
• are able to mastery of differentiation rules
• can handle polynomials and the Taylor polynomial of a given function,
• are able to compute the partial fraction decomposition of rational functions,
• are able to compute local maxima and minima of functions,
• can solve systems of linear equations and study its properties,
• can handle matrices in the context of systems of linear equations,
• can perform Gauss-Jordan elimination,
• can handle matrices as linear maps and understand linear independence,
• are able to evaluate the determinant of matrices and understand their meaning in geometry and for
systems of linear equations.

Mathematics 2

The students
• can handle primitive functions and definite/indefinite integrals,
• can apply integral calculus to questins of geometry, physics and enginieering,
• are able to integrate single argument functions by different integration techniques,
• can apply partial fraction decomposition to integrate rational functions,
• can handle multiple argument and multiple value functions,
• understand necessary conditions for local extrema of multiple argument functions,
• are able to recognize certain types of ordinary differential equations (ODEs) and apply solution
methods,
• can compute the solution of linear ODEs with constant coefficients and source terms,
• can handle rules for expectation value and variance of random variables,
• can analyze various discrete and continuous distributions,
• are able to evaluate covariance and correlation coefficient of random variables,
• can apply the law of large numbers and the central limit theorem.

This is from HAW Hamburg Module for Information Engineering(BSc).

Gauss Jordan elimination......!It is well, it is well, it is well, in the name of Jesus, it is well with my soul today!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princejck: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2018
[quote author=johndoefoo post=69071849][/quote]

lol...u know it how its been thought in Nigeria dont be too comfortable u go read like hell( cuz u will realize all u learnt in Nigeria doesnt count).
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by SooCute(m): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
Fabcol:
Brother how long did it take nipost to get your doc to Germany

Between 10-21 days
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by HomeTutor1(f): 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
blaze007:
hehehehe...just finished applying to Bielefeld University. Wish me luck my uncles and aunties......
Good morning sir. Please what is the implication of applying to the school website without mailing the signed application form and documents to the school. Although I have uploaded my document on the application website. I don't want to use UNI ASSIST. Please kindly assist me
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Evanyi: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
Good day nairalanders.
Please, peope I need a_z steps to take in regards to scholrshio application in german.
* which scholarship can i apply for as a bsc holder.
*should I apply for admission to one of the schools before applying 4 scholarship?
Someone help me with neccasary info..
God bless us all.
I wll be greatfull
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by HomeTutor1(f): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
I have submitted my application online for 2018 winter admission for masters via some schools online application portal. But most are requesting for the mailing of the signed application form and some documents before processing my application. Please what do I do and please can you suggest a better option apart from uni assist for me? Thank you and I wish everyone good success
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by blaze007(m): 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Good morning ma.....am also new here but will give you wat i have learnt.
Well d skull i chose (Bielefeld University) does not use Uni-assist.
After the online application, am sending verified hard copies (transcript, waec, university certificate, motivation letter, one application form(where u fill all the courses u did at Uni with credit load), den the application form u filled online).

U need to send it or they declared ur online application incomplete. so u need to send ur docs to uni-assist.

But the ogas in the house can recommend better.

cheers

HomeTutor1:
Good morning sir. Please what is the implication of applying to the school website without mailing the signed application form and documents to the school. Although I have uploaded my document on the application website. I don't want to use UNI ASSIST. Please kindly assist me
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
HomeTutor1:
I have submitted my application online for 2018 winter admission for masters via some schools online application portal. But most are requesting for the mailing of the signed application form and some documents before processing my application. Please what do I do and please can you suggest a better option apart from uni assist for me? Thank you and I wish everyone good success

Check out University of Bayreuth. The University accepts application via email.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oracle12: 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
HomeTutor1:

There are two ways you can apply for admission depending on the school.

One is directly on the school website, some may ask that you send certified copies of your credentials while some may not, just scan and upload.

Two: through uni-assist. If the school has requested that you send your application via uni-assist, you do not have any option. you have to apply through uni-assist, pay the application fees and send them one set of your certified true copies. If the school has said you should send your application through uni-assist, do not waste your time sending to them because they will not process it.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by HomeTutor1(f): 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
blaze007:
Good morning ma.....am also new here but will give you wat i have learnt.
Well d skull i chose (Bielefeld University) does not use Uni-assist.
After the online application, am sending verified hard copies (transcript, waec, university certificate, motivation letter, one application form(where u fill all the courses u did at Uni with credit load), den the application form u filled online).

U need to send it or they declared ur online application incomplete. so u need to send ur docs to uni-assist.

But the ogas in the house can recommend better.

cheers

Oracle12:

There are two ways you can apply for admission depending on the school.

One is directly on the school website, some may ask that you send certified copies of your credentials while some may not, just scan and upload.

Two: through uni-assist. If the school has requested that you send your application via uni-assist, you do not have any option. you have to apply through uni-assist, pay the application fees and send them one set of your certified true copies. If the school has said you should send your application through uni-assist, do not waste your time sending to them because they will not process it.
I also read it on their site but wanted to be sure if I can gain admission via the online application. Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by blaze007(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
I observed most of their master course are in german.

ansellotty:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by HomeTutor1(f): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
ansellotty:

Thanks so much. I will check it out
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pervic(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
johndoefoo:
About studying Engineering in Germany - The scary story. What to expect. If this is what to expect, then I should survive... I know all this pretty well though.

Mathematics 1

The students
• are able to understand the concept of logic, sets, functions and boolean algebra,
• are able to calculate with natural, integer, rational, real and complex numbers,
• can perform proofs by mathematical induction,
• can handle sequences and series – their limits and region of convergence,
• understand the exponential function with complex arguments, its properties and its relation to
trigonometric functions,
• can work with single argument functions, their inversion, composition and limits,
• understand the concept of Continuity and Differentation,
• are able to mastery of differentiation rules
• can handle polynomials and the Taylor polynomial of a given function,
• are able to compute the partial fraction decomposition of rational functions,
• are able to compute local maxima and minima of functions,
• can solve systems of linear equations and study its properties,
• can handle matrices in the context of systems of linear equations,
• can perform Gauss-Jordan elimination,
• can handle matrices as linear maps and understand linear independence,
• are able to evaluate the determinant of matrices and understand their meaning in geometry and for
systems of linear equations.

Mathematics 2

The students
• can handle primitive functions and definite/indefinite integrals,
• can apply integral calculus to questins of geometry, physics and enginieering,
• are able to integrate single argument functions by different integration techniques,
• can apply partial fraction decomposition to integrate rational functions,
• can handle multiple argument and multiple value functions,
• understand necessary conditions for local extrema of multiple argument functions,
• are able to recognize certain types of ordinary differential equations (ODEs) and apply solution
methods,
• can compute the solution of linear ODEs with constant coefficients and source terms,
• can handle rules for expectation value and variance of random variables,
• can analyze various discrete and continuous distributions,
• are able to evaluate covariance and correlation coefficient of random variables,
• can apply the law of large numbers and the central limit theorem.

This is from HAW Hamburg Module for Information Engineering(BSc).

Nice 1. Got dat offer too but deferred it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
HomeTutor1:
I suppose there are instructions from the schools about to mail the documents.
We're you asked to send certified true copies? Then you should have them certified and mailed to the schools through their various websites.
As for the application form, you may fill it out, sign and also mail to the school.

I don't know what you want exactly but I hope this helps.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
HomeTutor1:

You have to thoroughly follow the school application guidelines, if they require u send the application form via mail, then u have to do it,
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pervic(m): 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
HomeTutor1:

For d uni dat requested for just the Signed Application Form, U can sign the form electronically, mail it to any of Ur friend or contact in DE to help U print n send to dem as dis will save cost. But for d uni requesting for signed application form n certified docs hmmmm U av to certify Ur docs ooo n add other stated docs n send to dem or if U know any1 traveling anytime soon (within Ur application deadline) U can ask for assistance.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pervic(m): 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
UbiPetrus:
3.9 - 1.8 German scale.

How so?

The conversation Formular:

3 × [(Nmax - Nd)/Nmax - Nmin] + 1

So in dis case,

According to my institution if same with d stated case

Nmax = Max. Passing Grade = 5
Nmin = Min. Passing Grade = 1

Where Nd = CGPA = 3.9

Therefore

3 × [(5 - 3.9) / 5 - 1] + 1

3 × [1.1 / 4] + 1

3 × (0.275) + 1

0.825 + 1 = 1.825

to 1 decimal place

= 1.8

So d CGPA in German scale is 1.8

To the best of my knowledge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chrisb2r200: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
HomeTutor1:
I also read it on their site but wanted to be sure if I can gain admission via the online application. Thank you
Do you teach German?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oracle12: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
UbiPetrus:
3.9 - 1.8 German scale.

How so?

If you do not understand the German grading system you simply ask.

Use this link https://www.tum.de/en/studies/application-and-acceptance/grade-conversion-formula-for-grades-earned-outside-germany/
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oracle12: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
Pervic:

The conversation Formular:

3 × [(Nmax - Nd)/Nmax - Nmin] + 1

So in dis case,

According to my institution if same with d stated case

Nmax = Max. Passing Grade = 5
Nmin = Min. Passing Grade = 1

Where Nd = CGPA = 3.9

Therefore

3 × [(5 - 3.9) / 5 - 1] + 1

3 × [1.1 / 4] + 1

3 × (0.275) + 1

0.825 + 1 = 1.825

to 1 decimal place

= 1.8

So d CGPA in German scale is 1.8

To the best of my knowledge

Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oracle12: 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
diego2015:
Please when is their enrollment deadline as stated in your admission letter

I have seen it.

2nd October is the last date.

There are also three dates in September
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
Omosikiru1992:
Good morning team Dutch land...... Am masters applicant for student visa please on the student visa check list its started that WAEC certificate and WAEC scratch card should be provided....I don't have my WAEC certificate with me but I have NECO certificate and NECO result with me can I provide and hope it won't affect.... Or I should go and provide my WAEC result...... For my Visa interview
neco is good to go just buy the scratch card

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.