Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (585746 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Champion100(f): 7:32am On Feb 21, 2019
Deustchemann:

It varies from school to school and from course to course.
Generally it's 2.5
But I've seen 3.0, 2.7, 2.6 being accepted.

And I've also seen some mad courses where they ask for 2.2 grin

This means that having 3.0 in Nigeria is so great.

That's cool. They are better than Nigeria that accepts 3.5 for MS while your graduated school may consider your 3.0. But 2.5 and above in Nigeria are for post-graduates studies.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by homirefacuny(m): 7:53am On Feb 21, 2019
dailydolar:
think again almost all there core courses are restricted you won't believe it apart from Jena and Bremen and Jena they so shakara self if u no get TOEFL or IELTS . why I talk so I applied last winter a friend of mine also applied to same course we are like four, one of us used IELTS band 7 or 7.5 he got his admission two weeks after applying the rest of us na till like middle June we get admission I fear this people for chemistry

Wawu!!
I hope I will get admission to that Siegen. I like the school but I don’t have any language certificate other than proficiency letter. I have a GPA of 2.4 on german scale. I just hope
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by clintonsparkz(m): 7:55am On Feb 21, 2019
Ndkings1:
All these while I have been applying for admission directly to schools and all I have been getting is rejection mails. Now, i think is time i apply through uniassist maybe that will broaden my chances.
I have been avoiding uniassist because of the fees...

There is something you are not doing well, why no kindly say it and get advice from experience ones...

Uni assist does not guarantee admission.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by happystep(m): 8:23am On Feb 21, 2019
Guys I am so happy to announce on this great thread of Success that my Interview yesterday, 20th February 2019 was so smooth that I left happier than ever.
Maybe I should start with the pre interview first.

I had left Enugu to Lagos on 19th morning. God helped me a good fella I met here on nairaland is to book our lodging near the embassy before my arrival. Thank God for him because I got to Lagos island not as early as a had planned but he had booked accommodation at Bonny Camp (sergeant mess). After our night and 4-5am rehearsal of possible interview questions. We left for the embassy at 6.05 am as the soldiers don't allow entry or exit before this time. Trekked very slowly and gently to the German embassy passing some other embassies like Lebanon, India, British, Italy and ignored all those (hunters) who are on Walter Carrington who would offer to help you . Immediately we got to the German embassy by 6:27. Oga Paulinus is already attending to 3 student visa interview candidates. We approach and as the police wanted to show us the fence where we should queue with three other guys. Pauli asked are you for students visa interview. We said yes. Time of appointment? 7am we replied. They now said we should show our appointment printout and passport, after which we sat with few others who came for family reunion visa interview and some students visa. Not long after I had sat down He
shouted on the last two he is attending to for not following his instructions and that they should not delay him. The next I heard is please both of you should leave the line you will now be the last I would attend to because you can't understand simple instructions. He now beckoned on us I need to persons who are better organized and ready to follow my instructions so I can take in 3 in immediately. That was when I left my seat and with one other guy who was there before me and we started the documents arrangement s with Paulinus. According to Oga Paulinus there are 30 studentsvisa interview appointments on the 20 feb. So he needs to be fast. Soon the first girl entered, next was the person who replace the other two guys with me and 3rd to be interviewed is my self. Note I did not come with biological old document like baptism card, immunization so what I did was to stand still when he said that. He later said if you don't have it don't bother we moved to the next document. The Visa few now is #30500. I will come back with the interview proper. However Paulinus on his own took my documents to VO 2 a fair Lady wearing braided hair who doesn't want to hear long stories but just points and straight answer.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 8:31am On Feb 21, 2019
chimax1:
Guys something is bothering me. My IELTS result expires 18th October this year. Am I safe to use it for winter applications?

There is no need to worry because you can use your result till the very last day of its expiry.

So yes, you can use it for winter applications since the deadline is way before October anyways.

All the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 8:52am On Feb 21, 2019
Champion100:

Please do I have to email them to know their grade requirement because it was not stated amongst other requirements ?
If it is not stated on the school's website, you can mail them to ask. There's no harm there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 8:55am On Feb 21, 2019
happystep:
Guys I am so happy to announce on this great thread of Success that my Interview yesterday, 20th February 2019 was so smooth that I left happier than ever.

I had left Enugu to Lagos on 19th morning. God helped me a good fella I met here on nairaland is to book our lodging near the embassy before my arrival. Thank God for him because I got to Lagos island not as early as a had planned but he had booked accommodation at Bonny Camp (sergeant mess). After our night and 4-5am rehearsal of possible interview questions. We left for the embassy at 6.05 am as the soldiers don't allow entry or exit before this time. Trekked very slowly and gently to the German embassy passing some other embassies like Lebanon, India, British, Italy and ignored all those (hunters) who are on Walter Carrington who would offer to help you . Immediately we got to the German embassy by 6:27. Oga Paulinus is already attending to 3 student visa interview candidates. We approach and as the police wanted to show us the fence where we should queue with three other guys. Pauli asked are you for students visa interview. We said yes. Time of appointment? 7am we replied. They now said we should show our appointment printout and passport, after which we sat with few others who came for family reunion visa interview and some students visa. Not long after I had sat down He
shouted on the last two he is attending to for not following his instructions and ;that they should not delay him. The next I heard is please both of you should leave the line you will now be the last I would attend to because you can't understand simple instructions. He now beckoned on us I need to persons who are better organized and ready to follow my instructions so I can take in 3 in immediately. That was when I left my seat and with one other guy who was there before me and we started the documents arrangement s with Paulinus. According to Oga Paulinus there are 30 studentsvisa interview appointments on the 20 feb. So he needs to be fast. Soon the first girl entered, next was the person who replace the other two guys with me and 3rd to be interviewed is my self. Note I did not come with biological old document like baptism card, immunization so what I did was to stand still when he said that. He later said if you don't have it don't bother we moved to the next document. The Visa few now is #30500. I will come back with the interview proper. However Paulinus on his own took my documents to VO 2 a fair Lady wearing braided hair who doesn't want to hear long stories but just points and straight answer.

Lol this oga Pauli get personal issues with this his acclaimed delay.. So if he calm down arrange am for you nah die shey grin?

Surely Your A. M go follow
Bless Up! ¡

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 8:56am On Feb 21, 2019
Champion100:

That's cool. They are better than Nigeria that accepts 3.5 for MS while your graduated school may consider your 3.0. But 2.5 and above in Nigeria are for post-graduates studies.
Wait ohhhh..
Their grading in Germany is from 1-4.
1 is the best while 4 is the worst.
So if you have 1.8 and someone else has 2.1, you're more likely to be admitted ahead of the other person based on CGPA..

2.5 in Nigeria is 2.8 in Germany
3.0 in Nigeria is 2.5 in Germany
So, in Germany, the smaller the number, the stronger the CGPA grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 21, 2019
clintonsparkz:

There is something you are not doing well, why no kindly say it and get advice from experience ones...

Uni assist doesn't guarantee admission, yes but a lot of people are trying to dodge the fees, you can't compare the numbers of applicants applying to schools directly to the number of applicants applying to uni assist. The direct to school own is much making competition high.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 21, 2019
vinlyreeks:

Lol this oga Pauli get personal issues with this his acclaimed delay.. So if he calm down arrange am for you nah die shey grin?

Surely Your A. M go follow
Bless Up! ¡

I say the man get personal problems. Only God can help him
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 9:48am On Feb 21, 2019
clintonsparkz:

The latest rejection is about my motivation essay....

I need to improve in my way of writing ML.

I need some tips...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Champion100(f): 10:02am On Feb 21, 2019
Deustchemann:

Wait ohhhh..
Their grading in Germany is from 1-4.
1 is the best while 4 is the worst.
So if you have 1.8 and someone else has 2.1, you're more likely to be admitted ahead of the other person based on CGPA..

2.5 in Nigeria is 2.8 in Germany
3.0 in Nigeria is 2.5 in Germany
So, in Germany, the smaller the number, the stronger the CGPA grin

I'm telling you!
It's so amazing.... They are going vice versa.
Anyways they are better than us.
If someone with 3.0 in Nigeria can comfortably be admitted in the almighty DE whereas this fake country with their stupid schools are asking for 3.5.

DE then should have been asking for 4.0 which is around 1.75. May God intervene in the education system in Nigeria only frustrating students

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 10:35am On Feb 21, 2019
Ndkings1:

I need some tips...

pompido:
So I got a request regarding a better way to write your motivation letter and I thought my response could benefit others so here goes....

My opinion on how best to write a motivation letter is as follows (based on personal research on how to write a stand out SOP):

1. start with a situation or general problem you feel concern for and state how you hope the program you are applying for will help you gain expertise towards solving that problem.

e.g. "Information Communication Technology (ICT) has become an integral part of daily life and business activities in developing countries like never witnessed, utilizing different technologies, protocols and standards that are being modified, upgraded and ratified for use more frequently than ever before. I have spent the larger part of my adult life learning and working with the different technologies and standards available in bringing about complete data communication networks, and the good results have brought great feelings of achievement and satisfaction while failures have welled up inside of me the desire to further understand the advancements and deployment guidelines governing the technologies that provides solutions to the various failures peculiar to developing countries and the world at large. This is the primary motivation that drives my decision to apply for a place in your program."

2. Give a solid but clear background of your academic (CGPA) and professional exploits. Projects done at work, Courses taken, certifications done, web link references where possible. Be chronological here and use a few paragraphs if possible but remember to keep it concise.

3. Reiterate what your goal is!
e.g, "My primary aim is to become a top notch communications engineer whose contributions and creations would add efficiency, unlimited functionalities and open up new frontiers, by submitting solutions to major technology challenges".
Support this with what you have been doing to prepare you for this goal. Training, studies, research works, certifications, etc. You can also mention awards and leadership positions attained here.

4. State what your research areas of interest but stay open to guidance in the event a better fit for your skill set is discovered.
e.g. "My research interests presently lies in network architectures and protocols, network management techniques and mobile networking but I would readily accept guidance to expand or drill-down my research interests as deemed fit to match my abilities and strengths."

5. Close with how you believe the program will provide you with the much needed platform to advance the pursuit of your aim with the support of their world class infrastructure, facilities and students.

Chikena.

P.S: in case the motivation letter for the embassy is to be handwritten, practice a shorter version of all of these so you can write it in very little time while keeping it superb.

Wish you all the best.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2019
Champion100:

I'm telling you!
It's so amazing.... They are going vice versa.
Anyways they are better than us.
If someone with 3.0 in Nigeria can comfortably be admitted in the almighty DE whereas this fake country with their stupid schools are asking for 3.5.

DE then should have been asking for 4.0 which is around 1.75. May God intervene in the education system in Nigeria only frustrating students

Abi ooo. It's well. Success in our applications
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by cityella: 10:48am On Feb 21, 2019
Ndkings1:

I need some tips...

I think you should also search for "DAAD's guidelines on writing motivation letter" on the internet.
it really helped me and I also think it'll be of help to you.

PS. I would have uploaded it here but unfortunately I don't have it anymore.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 10:50am On Feb 21, 2019
Champion100:

most naija schools accept second class lower for MSC except otherwise stated I am a second class lower graduate and I did my MSC here in naija its when your cgpa is too low like 2.5 below which is also what Germans frown at
Basically third class do PGD here
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 10:50am On Feb 21, 2019
pompido:

Gut gemacht Danke schon
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 10:52am On Feb 21, 2019
Ndkings1:

Gut gemacht
Danke schon

Gerne
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 10:52am On Feb 21, 2019
homirefacuny:

Wawu!!
I hope I will get admission to that Siegen. I like the school but I don’t have any language certificate other than proficiency letter. I have a GPA of 2.4 on german scale. I just hope
if its chemistry and nano science bros those course are restricted so it will depend on how many people is applying I applied last year so am talking from experience no be say them tell me the chemistrybis boldly written the nanonthem no talk them even say 2.7 I contacted them later and they said they have limited space for student so wish you luck
But I will advise you apply to other schools
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bukolaakin: 11:16am On Feb 21, 2019
Thanks dear.
Mystique20:
You'll be fine dearie!!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Larrylrkay(m): 11:17am On Feb 21, 2019
happystep:

shouted on the last two he is attending to for not following his instructions and that they should not delay him. The next I heard is please both of you should leave the line you will now be the last I would attend to because you can't understand simple instructions. He now beckoned on us I need to persons who are better organized and ready to follow my instructions so I can take in 3 in immediately. That was when I left my seat and with one other guy who was there before me and we started the documents arrangement s with Paulinus. According to Oga Paulinus there are 30 studentsvisa interview appointments on the 20 feb. So he needs to be fast. Soon the first girl entered, next was the person who replace the other two guys with me and 3rd to be interviewed is my self. Note I did not come with biological old document like baptism card, immunization so what I did was to stand still when he said that. He later said if you don't have it don't bother we moved to the next document. The Visa few now is #30500. I will come back with the interview proper. However Paulinus on his own took my documents to VO 2 a fair Lady wearing braided hair who doesn't want to hear long stories but just points and straight answer.

Bros, are you one with PHCN document as one of your credentials? If yes , am the second guy who came after that girl. I pray it shall end in praise. Do you have that lady's contact at all?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bukolaakin: 11:18am On Feb 21, 2019
Possibly.
danielsunky:
I guess she's just like that. She's just being formal.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dannyozs(m): 11:40am On Feb 21, 2019
heybaby12:

Just buy me ogbono and I will be at Leipzig airport to pick you grin grin
grin grin grin, not a bad deal at all
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dannyozs(m): 11:42am On Feb 21, 2019
vinlyreeks:

grin grin....
Na the ogbono you wan pick jhoor no be the guy... I can sense it from here grin
grin grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeniyii2017: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2019
Lacazette1:

Uni assist doesn't guarantee admission, yes but a lot of people are trying to dodge the fees, you can't compare the numbers of applicants applying to schools directly to the number of applicants applying to uni assist. The direct to school own is much making competition high.
Those are just assumptions.. lol! Do you know how many people are thinking like you right now??

Just check all the area of your application thoroughly, over and over again. Like you said, Uniassist does not guarantee any admission.

Shalom.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dannyozs(m): 11:45am On Feb 21, 2019
Godspride12:

Automotive Software Engineering.
nice, have u been interviewed?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2019
Philfit:

I’m not asking it in context lol, I’m just asking for someone who has applied I want to know all what he or she did and what’s best for the school, so I won’t make mistakes . I also put more “personal” If you know anyone please refer thanks,. I understand where you are coming from tho

That's why I said you should go to the school's application portal to get such information or better still ask the program coordinator for issues you are confused about. No two application remains the same, what rocks your boat might sink another. And if you must understand, germans frown at plagiarism and if spotted it becomes invalid. Hope you understand.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Philfit(m): 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
Eldeee:

That's why I said you should go to the school's application portal to get such information or better still ask the program coordinator for issues you are confused about. No two application remains the same, what rocks your boat might sink another. And if you must understand, germans frown at plagiarism and if spotted it becomes invalid. Hope you understand.
Okay bro , thanks I feel what you mean. It’s better it’s an original but also quality
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 12:16pm On Feb 21, 2019
clintonsparkz:
if you don't want to answer why not ignore, must you always comment? wetin bring mama come this one, did they force you?

Grow up man, and try and work on your emotions as well as your ability to understand context when being used. You see the way the recipient responded. Hope you learnt something from it. All the very best.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2019
Philfit:

Okay bro , thanks I feel what you mean. It’s better it’s an original but also quality

Exactly my brother. It should reflect your experience as well as what you are exposed to during school. Take for instance, both of us studied mechanical engineering at different universities here in Nigeria, but the courses I was exposed to happens not to be the same as yours. Relating my experience as a guide to yours makes them suspect you and gives them the feel you are not suitable
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by HillX(m): 12:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
Ndkings1:

I need some tips...

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by homirefacuny(m): 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
dailydolar:
if its chemistry and nano science bros those course are restricted so it will depend on how many people is applying I applied last year so am talking from experience no be say them tell me the chemistrybis boldly written the nanonthem no talk them even say 2.7 I contacted them later and they said they have limited space for student so wish you luck
But I will advise you apply to other schools

Yes I am applying to other schools. All will be well. You gained admission to Siegen ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.