Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:56 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (579365 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by manuel04(m): 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
Kamps:

September far oh... Appointment date would have ended then oh
I'm just saying my experience as at last year, I'm not saying that it's September you'll get response from them.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by smoothvee(m): 10:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
Kamps:

Mine is still showing VALID oh..

Then you will get admission.. mine kept showing valid and I mailed them. Got admitted today

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Cryptofish: 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

Can you Brief us ur interview transcripts, it might be from ur response that prompt you signing the document or that could be a New method.

Signed before the interview started
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adebashy(f): 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2018
Cryptofish:

Signed before the interview started

Have u funded or u are using SL
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Cryptofish: 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
chuksey1:

Are you going to Germany on a scholarship?

Nope
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Cryptofish: 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
Adebashy:

Have u funded or u are using SL

Yet to fund
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chuksey1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
Cryptofish:

Nope

Then this is serious
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 10:32pm On Jul 11, 2018
chuksey1:

Are you going to Germany on a scholarship?

Can you share ur transcript, weather the vo see the need to ask you sign the document
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by abnoble: 10:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
[quote author=Okoriekwe post=69283436
Gud pm...am going to braunschweig a state in lower saxony where Hanover is the capital....my school said I should b in school by September 1st or earlier but my enrolment date is 1st October...i sent u a pm guess we could talk better.....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by stateboy8080(m): 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2018
Who has gotten admission from Bremen?i have some vital questions to ask regard their admission letter.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Cryptofish: 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

Can you share ur transcript, weather the vo see the need to ask you sign the document

Can't remember Bro. I signed even before the interview started proper... I mean before even paying
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2018
abnoble:
[quote author=Okoriekwe post=69283436
Gud pm...am going to braunschweig a state in lower saxony where Hanover is the capital....my school said I should b in school by September 1st or earlier but my enrolment date is 1st October...i sent u a pm guess we could talk better.....

My love for Germany is increasing as days go.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by SSamuelo: 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
Please can you give me a guide on eramus scholarship procedure.thanks for your response.quote author=TimationMARZ post=69282459]Good Afternoon Guys,

This is a really nice thread. Very helpful.

I had my interview on 8th of June. I am going on Erasmus Scholarship so I wasn't really interviewed. I just submitted my documents and passport.

I got my AM today - 11th of July. Thanks to everyone that helped in one way or the other. I'm grateful.

Also, I want to ask, the AM said I should send Passport and Travel insurance. I have my insurance but the embassy has my passport already. Should I just send my travel insurance and indicate it in a writing that they have my passport already, or I should just send the insurance only like that?

Thank you.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
Which Insurance company did you guys use and how.much did you pay?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kamps: 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2018
smoothvee:

Then you will get admission.. mine kept showing valid and I mailed them. Got admitted today

Thanks Bro.. Will continue waiting.. Guess they are yet to conclude on Global History applicants.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 11:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
stateboy8080:
Who has gotten admission from Bremen?i have some vital questions to ask regard their admission letter.
ask you question already people will answer
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by TimationMARZ(m): 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
No problem bro. You can just PM me. I'll be glad to help.

SSamuelo:
Please can you give me a guide on eramus scholarship procedure.thanks for your response.quote author=TimationMARZ post=69282459]Good Afternoon Guys,

This is a really nice thread. Very helpful.

I had my interview on 8th of June. I am going on Erasmus Scholarship so I wasn't really interviewed. I just submitted my documents and passport.

I got my AM today - 11th of July. Thanks to everyone that helped in one way or the other. I'm grateful.

Also, I want to ask, the AM said I should send Passport and Travel insurance. I have my insurance but the embassy has my passport already. Should I just send my travel insurance and indicate it in a writing that they have my passport already, or I should just send the insurance only like that?

Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Enephkay: 12:19am On Jul 12, 2018
stateboy8080:

Do you mean if no one respond this your comment with “ Yes I got admitted” you won’t ask that (vital) question bothering you ? Hmm undecided smh

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by alamsgodsalams: 4:04am On Jul 12, 2018
[quote author=iambeluchi post=69282905][/quote] can we connect
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adebashy(f): 5:17am On Jul 12, 2018
Cryptofish:

Yet to fund

Probably the form is for u to ensure that u will fund!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Panelbeater(m): 6:31am On Jul 12, 2018
Too bad, my school is yet to send my transcript down to my school nor release my student's copy to me and 15th is the deadline given to me by Uni I applied to..
Any of any University with stretched deadline
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by stateboy8080(m): 6:59am On Jul 12, 2018
A friend of mine got a mail from them yesterday that he has been accepted. Will his admission letter be sent separately or that will suffix? It was just the only online application and he was not asked to send a paper application. Your response will be appreciated.
Enephkay:

Do you mean if no one respond this your comment with “ Yes I got admitted” you won’t ask that (vital) question bothering you ? Hmm undecided smh
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pervic(m): 7:01am On Jul 12, 2018
Pre-Transcript
Got to Lagos on Monday n Lodged at Sargent (SGs) MESS in Bonny Cantonment Just about 3 – 5 minutes’ walk to the German Embassy. Then later went out to check the location of the embassy to ease my movement the next day. . .
On Interview Day
I was up as early as few minutes to 3am. Den I started feeling d heat as d long awaited day just started. Controlled myself n did a little of self-interview dat early hours of d day via NL as I was looking at past transcript on NL n attempting them. At dis point it was as if dey were fast forwarding the time hahhaha.
Finally got prepared n was on my way to the embassy few minutes to 5am. Got to the Gate of Bonny Cantonment saw some military men n told dem I was having an appointment with the German Embassy with my appointment slip in my hand as proof. The military man looked at me n said k if U know say U wan go out dis early U go get work for us den I looked around and observed some persons were sweeping den I asked which work sir, he said just sweep from were dat bike dey com out. I quick proceeded wit sweeping the location he gave to me n later went to inform him I was tru. He den opened d gate for me as at past 5am.
Got to the general entrance of the embassies saw some security men checking in cars, so I walked pass dem into the main compound den dis guys hustling started ooo.
Guy how far U get passport, U don arrange Ur docs, d guy brought out a sample of passport bigger dan mine; hmmmmm my mind b fly oooo. But I just did not answer him. Then he said if U know U are with any metal or phone go over dere n drop it. Got dere n greeted d lady, she replied n said dem dey pay to drop something here ooo 1k. I looked at her, ma I am wit just my room key (very small) and a pen, she said k because no phone I fit collect #500 because biro na sharp object n dem no go let U carry any sharp object go inside. U no get wetin U wan go write inside. At dis point I just walked away witout dropping the key n pen. Got to another point where I observed some applicants where standing so I asked if I will b allowed to go in n 1 said no dat dey were asked to wait hmmmm at dis point I observed d direction dey were facing wasn’t the main direction to the German Embassy as directed d previous day so I went to 1 of the security men n asked; Pls sir am going to the German Embassy n witout wasting any time he allowed me to proceed.

Note: The German Embassy seen to be friendly in terms of principles dan some other embassies within d same environment. So always know Ur stand n don’t stand because others are standing. Feel free to ask question(s)
Got to the German Embassy almost 5:18am met 2 persons wit jus 1 student applicant n some security men n I was instructed to join the line by the security man.
Waited for a long time (D man to check us in came did is cleaning n all. As staff were going in)
Finally, minutes to 7am he called out the student applicant n instructed us to move forward and sit. Den he brought his check list n told us to listen to him n arrange our docs accordingly (originals 1st, den photocopies in separate place) he den instructed us to walk towards his direction 1 after d other as he checked n added a signed slip to our appointment letter n sent us in were we signed in, was given visitor’s tag n was taken inside the main building for the interview.
Observation(s):
Please be mindful of dis pre-interview stages as dis stages can spoil Ur entire day. How?
Some person(s) will walk up to U telling U requirements for another type of visa without asking which U are applying for (a woman walked up to me n started saying hope U are wit Ur docs, Insurance etc n d other even said if I was wit my receipt of payment etc….. imagine). On no account must U b destabilize because of dat. Just follow Ur student visa application check list n ensure U go with all the requirements n photocopies. Don’t 4get to arrange Ur docs in Ur room b4 going out. Everybody wit his/her own style. All I did was to place my Originals at d front of it photocopies as advised here n it worked perfectly for me and gave me easy access to my docs. Try to understand Ur pattern of arrangement so dat U can bring out any document wit ease as U will b instructed how to properly arrange Ur docs at the entrance of the embassy.
Dress code: I know some persons will be tinking about dis. Just relax n dress presentable n good for interview.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pervic(m): 7:02am On Jul 12, 2018
Interview Transcript
I-Good Morning Ma
VO-Good Morning
VO-Hope U av Ur application fee ‘27k’ wit U
I- Yes Ma
VO- Ur original documents
I-Passed it over to her
VO-Ur photocopies n application fee
I-Passed it over to her
VO-Slide my E-passport across her keyboard for verification/authentication
VO- Brought out my admission letter n started typing and simultaneously asking me; which institution?
I-Deggendoft Institute of Technology
VO-What course?
I-Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering/Maintenance and Operation
VO-Pause n was going tru my documents. She returned my Local Government of Origin Cert. saying she don’t need it (I used it in place of doc above 5 years)
VO-Paused n wit a changed voice, so U av a 1st degree already in Materials and Production Engr. (with 2nd Class Upper written by d side)
I-Yes Ma, I am applying for another because of the challenges being faced with my already earn 1st degree as the
VO-Stop. Still in d changed voice when we get dere we will know y another B.Sc. n not master’s
I-In my mind hmmmmmm “the main event just started”
VO- confirm Ur DOB, Names and Place of Birth n Sign,
VO- Instructed me to pick the phone close to me
Interview Proper
VO- Why dis course?
I-ans
VO-Stop (because her light went off n I quickly used dis opportunity to arranged myself and prepared more points)
VO-Continue
I-ans den stopped
VO-Is dat all
I-continued n later stopped
VO: How many uni did U applied to?
I-2 in a related field
VO-What is d name of the other uni?
I-ans
VO-how did U apply?
I- The 1st to Deggendorf Institute of Technology, was direct application while the second via Uni-assist
VO- who applied for U? (at dis point I was very careful, because I earlier booked with Fintiba and turned in 2 SL as issued and instructed by my sponsors “partners”. As d 1st tin dat came to my mind was is she trying to confirm if dey are not just trying to get me over by hiring some1 to help me apply for another B.Sc. Since dat wasn’t d case I sharply defended it)
I-Ma, I applied myself via the application portal and sent the signed application form and other required documents via courier service to the institution (DIT)
VO-Who told U about the school?
I-I came across d schl y searching for possible schools to go study abroad, as I 1st searched via google n was referred to Daad.de (immediately she heard daad)
VO-ok, u used daad?
I-yes ma
VO-K (it seen dat caught her attention)
VO- have U applied for a German visa b4?
I-No
VO- France or Italy
I-No
VO-Why Germany?
I-It’s Germany because Germany offers a world class system of education dat consist of a standard theoretical learning and practical training at little or no tuition fee
VO-Why not UK or Canada?
I- It’s not any of dis countries because of the cost and level of exposure
VO-K, the cost (as she was typing y I was answering her questions)
I-Yes Ma, as Industrial Engineering in University of Toronto is about $......... with an optional practical semester as it kept me wondering y optional practical semester in an engineering course as against the course structured of Deggendoft Institute of Technology dat consist of a mandatory practical semester in the 6th semester n better course structure at no tuition fee
VO- What do U know about Germany?
I- Germany is a Democratic Federal Parliamentary Republic located in western central Europe with about 82 million inhabitants and consist of 18 states
VO- She looked at me and asked 18?
I-Sorry ma, 16 with it capital in it largest city called Berlin, Economically, Germany has the 4th largest economic by nominal GDP and 5th largest economic by Purchasing Power Parity GDP (PPP). Germany is the 3rd largest exporter of goods and services
VO- 3rd largest in the world (as she was typing)
I-Yes
VO-export of what?
I-Goods and Services as it major exports include; vehicle, chemical products, food and beverages, electrical equipment and electronics
VO-How many countries do Germany shares border with?
I-Inside of me I smiled as I wasn’t expecting d question. I replied 9
VO-Namely?
I-I named 8 and was trying to recall which one of dem I skipped. I quickly repeated it from1 (at dis point I forget to add the 2 additional maritime borders Germany have with UK and Sweden wit d name of d sea. As I only listed the 9 wit land borders)
VO-Why dis course and Why another B.Sc.?
I- In my mind the time has finally come hahhaahh. I applied for Industrial Engineering because of my chosen career path as my chosen career path in engineering n it maintenance focuses more on the design and control of
VO-Stop (her lite went off again n a white man came in to change it for her, as it almost fell on her so dey were laffin n talking)
I-quickly used dis opportunity to reload n rearranged myself as I was already telling her the ans to the question she asked from the end to the beginning instead of the opposition direction
VO-Continue (her lite was back)
I- I applied for Industrial Engineering because of my chosen career path as my chosen career path in engineering n it maintenance focuses more on the analysis, design and control of production system. It happens dat Industrial Engineering has a better course objective and content dat suits my professional aspiration n focues more on dis path. Ma, I applied for anoda Bachelor’s degree because of the challenges been faced wit my already earn 1st degree. The challenges include
1. The unrecognition and denied accreditation of d said degree. In 2010 I applied for Materials and Production Engineering in Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma not knowing I will later be faced with accreditation issue. We were allowed to graduate from the course because we were already in 300 wen it all started wit d denied of accreditation by NUC which resulted to visit of Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN). As dey advised the department should be divided into Industrial and Production Engineering and Materials and Metallurgical Engineering for better standard with recognition of course content and course structure by COREN. .. . . . .. . . (more points clearly stated on My ML in my mind ooo)
VO-stop
VO-Continue
I- second point, because of the unacceptable course structure and course content of my already earn 1st degree by most Institution (didn’t say all because I know my other senior colleagues have done M.Sc wit same degree in Nigeria n elsewhere b4)
VO- Is dat all
I- for better exposure and to be more productive n creative
VO-K, to be more expose (as she was typing. At dis point I could even get tips n hints on how she will prefer my points to be expressed)
VO- is dat all
I-to be able to achieve my professional aspiration with economic viability
VO-continued typing
I-Kept quite n didn’t say anything until she finished typing n asked d next question
VO-Where can U work wit dis degree – What do U intend to do?
I- In industries n companies. Since I av passion for research I intend going into research institute like Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi (FIIRO) to enable me enhance n impact in the Production, Manufacturing and Technology sector of my country.
VO- So U will be going into Manufacturing (At dis point I observed she was asking to av a better way of typing her report so I quickly explained a little)
I-Ma, Production Engineering can furtherly be divided into Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing and Engineering Management (advance level). So my area of specialization is Industrial Engineering
VO-Ok, Production Engineering as she continue typing
I- continue wit my talking, I am also going into a medium scale industrial of my own which will basically consist of 3 sections. 1st will be on Engineering Design and Consultancy, 2nd General Machining and Fabrication and 3rd Metal Recycling. As I believe after the my course at DIT, I will be equipped wit d tool and skill required to go into my profession
VO- How are Ur sponsors related to U?
I-ans
VO- I mean is she from Ur mother’s side or Father
I-ans
VO-Ok
I-While the man is my inlaw
VO-Ok, Brother in law, as she continue typing
VO- What does she do?
I-ans
VO-Where do dey live in Germany?
I-ans
VO-So dey will be sponsoring
I-Yes
VO: Why not Nigeria?
I-It’s not Nigeria because the standard of education in Nigeria can’t be compare to that of Germany. With my previous experience , I stand to get a better exposure in DIT with practical experience
VO-Ok. U mean, Engineering needs more of Practical
I-Yes
VO-turned her chair n was talking to a white man standing wit anoda black lady (while dat was going on, I was just trying to relax because I was just waiting for her to tell me we are done, U can go)
VO- Turned back, how av U been preparing towards Ur stay in Germany?
I-Av been in contact with Tamara Kroll who is the head ……….. Av also booked for an accommodation via the link provided by the institution. As dis link gave me the opportunity of contacting d landlord directly
VO-The school provided U with d link
I-Yes Ma, www.pmit-ex.th-deg.de , I sent a request n was contacted by Miss Sarah who said her apartment was for female only. Am still waiting to get response from others. Am also preparing ahead by studying some books b4 the start of the course
VO- books here in Nigeria
I-Yes, In my 1st and 2nd semester courses will be taken from Natural Science, Mathematics and Economic field. The course to be taken in the Natural Science field include Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics
VO-Ok (because she heard basic subjects like Mth, Phy, Chm n Bio)
VO-Ok, U can go
I-Ok Ma, Pls Ma can I ask a question?
VO-Yes
I- Ma, I didn’t add photocopies of proof while am going for another Bachelor’s, while I gently bring dem out (August 9, 2016 Publication by Premium Times of report on NUC accreditation from 1990-2015, 150 unaccredited courses in Nigeria Institution, Letter from the office of Registrar stating d name of d department has been changed from MPE to IPE, Course content of DIT etc ) because I didn’t get d opportunity to show her during d interview, So was just using style to let her know I av proof as dey where all stated on my ML
VO- No, I don’t tink dey will need it. But if dey will, dey will request for it.
I-Ok

The End oooooo. About 35 minutes for all d long process oo. No time to waste, As I was talking she was typing
Observations:
Please go with extra passport photograph. She requested for additional 1 passport from me outside the 2 on the application form
Outside my CV n application form dat I stabled b4 going, I used paper clips for any other tin where necessary (Like attaching my passport to my form, affidavit to the back of d necessary docs) so it was easy for her to remove the paper clips n return or re-arranged it d way she needed dem to be
Try to overcome tension and say tins freely n make d VO observe U know it n not saying poem U saw somewhere
Always try to notice n listen to the VO’s comment as dis mite b an hit or guideline to expressing Urself better
Pls make sure U recall Ur application process n documents submitted. If U know U are assisting Ur Bro. or Sist. Pls get dem involve as U are not doing dem any good. because I was able to state my application process down to it website n all because I did it myself else she would av concluded my sponsors or I hired some1 to do it for me
Always take advantage of any little break to reload n stabilize Urself. If dere is non hmmmm immediately U are asked question(s) U know very well u can quickly overload d VO wit info so dat he or she will place U on hold. Den U c proceed wit reloading
The VO was cool but needed me to proof to her y she should believe my intentions (As dis is her job)
For dose of us dat don’t av any German language knowledge and find it difficult to pronounce some words. Pls visit www.forvo.com, type in the word (German or any) and search. Click on the play sign at the front of the word, listen and try mastering it. All words mite not be available.
There are about 3 lodges inside Bonny Cantonment which is just across away from the Embassy (i.e Sargent (SGs) MESS – 5k, Sappers Lodge – embedded here are 2 lodge 1 hiden inside – 10k as I was told n the 1 outside – 5k but was fully booked we I got dere) Small lodges anyway
Make sure U av enof copies n requirements because if U 4get any hmmmm dose pple hustling are ready to collect 1k, 1.5k , 2k to render any service. No mata how small the service is
Practicing b4 interview is also a good 1. For many of us who doesn’t like history. Try to get any of Ur sist, bro or good friend to act as a VO y U attempt previous transcript. Dis can help in spotting out Ur wrongs and correcting dem b4 d main interview.
Wish Us well in dis journey to the beginning of another beginning. More Wins

Special Thanks to everyone. @firmphem - Femi God will Bless U for Ur time and contributions

33 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.