Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:45 PM

Career Opportunities: For Part 3, 4 I.e. Penultimate & Final Year Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Career Opportunities: For Part 3, 4 I.e. Penultimate & Final Year Students (415 Views)

Osun Reverts To 6-3-3-4 Education System / Two ABSU Final Year Students Drown Two Days To Their Final Exam. / FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Opportunities: For Part 3, 4 I.e. Penultimate & Final Year Students by joygirl1(f): 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
Most people wait until after graduation before searching or preparing for the job market but in my own opinion as an HR Professional this time is rather too late. I know that the challenges of your studies might put so much burden on you and all you want to do while in school is to focus on your studies alone but there’s no harm in learning some things that will help you increase your chances of getting a good job after graduation.
I therefore want us to embark on a journey together, in this journey I’m going to be sharing with you …
• A list of Emerging Jobs - Believe me the traditional types of jobs like administrative and clerical that most graduates search for are fast disappearing
• How to develop competencies needed for the Emerging jobs even while still in school
• How to develop an impressive portfolio and increase your chance of getting better jobs
• How to make an income before graduation -
By the way my name is IBIRONKE OGUNMADE I have over a decade experience in Human Resources, over these years I have interviewed and placed thousands of graduates on jobs. I am passionate about helping the African youth identify emerging jobs and get legitimate stream of income.
Re: Career Opportunities: For Part 3, 4 I.e. Penultimate & Final Year Students by joygirl1(f): 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
Do you know that a Language Speech Therapist earns good income and we have shortage of them in Africa? But what exactly do they do you might ask? It is estimated that between 10-15% of children, are born with disabilities yearly. Part of these are developmental disabilities. This statistics shows that - there is huge opportunity for unemployed youths to build careers to address the manpower gap in the care industry. Developmental disabilities describe a variety of physical and intellectual disorders and the common ones are: Autism and Down Syndrome. Many of these developmental disabilities actually do not have a cure but symptoms can be greatly improved with therapy sessions from highly trained therapist. In my own opinion if you have genuine passion to care for people and you want a rewarding career you should consider developing a profession as
• Behavioral therapist,
• Occupational therapist ,
• Physical therapist, or
• Speech-language therapist

Do you know that there is shortage of speech-language therapist in most African countries to help special need children master the act of communication. A speech therapist works with children who have delay in their language and speech skills, or adults who have difficulty communicating after a major sickness to learn and improve their speech. And because they are in short supply in Africa and even in advance countries a speech-Language therapist earns attractive salary. If you are interested in building a career in this field you might want to start by
• Doing an extensive research in developmental disabilities
• Identify the area you want to specialize in
• Volunteer in a special-need children school
• Take courses in Speech language therapy or in your area of interest.

Goggle the average salary of a speech therapist to have an idea of the salary range, but above all let the passion of caring for people be your motivation because currently many of special need children are out of school due to inadequate manpower to nurture them.
Re: Career Opportunities: For Part 3, 4 I.e. Penultimate & Final Year Students by joygirl1(f): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
• Currently businesses across the globe spend close to $200 billion yearly on content marketing and this figure is expected to increase to $313 billion in 2019.
• This shows that there are huge job opportunities for both undergraduate and unemployed youths who are interested in building careers in the content writing or content marketing.
• If you are an undergraduate interested in building a career in Content writing please note that the job is more that uploading a few or random post on twitter, facebook or instagram. In today’s competitive social space where content engagement is synonymous with sales, organizations are constantly searching for individuals that can generate compelling content that will get people excited about their brands.

Content writing is an online creative writing designed to sell or promote a specific product or service.
A content writer must have good writing skills to write in a number of style while sustaining target market’s attention. Must have great research skills to discover and understand what motivates the consumers online, must be able to build contents around these topics know a bit about search engine optimization to make content appear on search engines and ultimately know how to create engaging CTAs which prompt users to buy willingly.
As an undergraduate interested in building a career in Content Writing
• Develop your skills by joining a writing club or association
• Become an admin of an online community research and upload engaging topics to grow the membership of the group
• Research how to write engaging articles to sell a product, leverage different social platforms and popular site to market examples of your work.
• Develop a portfolio of your articles this portfolio should include the numbers of articles written, links to the articles, the level of engagement viewers had with your articles
• Take an online course on content writing -You can find some free courses on Udemy & Coursera. If you do all of these religiously, you would have succeeded in building a foundation for your career and if you're looking to get a few projects try searching for freelancing content creation jobs on goggle. While these jobs don't pay very well, they can be your future references for the higher-paying jobs.

If you do all of these religiously, you would have succeeded in building a foundation for your career and if you're looking to get a few projects try searching for freelancing content creation jobs on goggle. While these jobs don't pay very well, they can be your future references for the higher-paying jobs.

(1) (Reply)

Update: Absu Post Utme Form Is Out!! / WAEC Releases 2018 WASSCE Results…see How To Check Result / OAU 20180 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.