Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines (4848 Views)

Asking White People 5 Things They Love About Black People (pic) / I Have Hatred Towards Girl After Love Making, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
As I watched the Argentina and Iceland match today and
wondered why there were no black players in the
Argentinean
team when other South American teams had black or
biracial
players, I remembered a conversation I had last year.
It was while I was on a cruise from Florida to the Grand
Cayman Islands in the Caribbean.
Between an Argentinean doctor and myself, who had
walked
up to me during lunch one day and struck up a conversation
with me.
There was no hiding the attraction.
We had bonded much to the chagrin of her three
Argentinean
friends.
On the deck of the ship that day, she kept going on about
how
she loves black men and looks forward to traveling so she
can
meet them.
I asked her.
"Don't you have black people in Argentina?"
She said with a matter of fact candour.
"No. Long time ago, after slavery, we killed them all."
I was taken aback.
She smiled.
And continued.
"Very bad. I am ashamed of my people. It was very
systematic
though. Very well thought out. First they forced most of the
men to fight for Argentina against Paraguay. They knowingly
sent them into battles that were poorly planned so that the
Paraguay army will do for them what they couldn't
themselves
do. Kill the blacks. Most of them died there. The remaining
of
them they forced to live in this province were there was a
plague. A disease that the government refused to curb so
that
it can also do for them what they couldn't do. Kill the
blacks.
The refused to set up hospitals, clinics, adequate shelter,
food
outlets, nothing. They created the best environment for the
disease to thrive. It killed the rest of the men that had
survived the war. The darker you are, the higher the chance
they will send you to that place to live or to the war to die.
The
lighter skinned women they forced them to sleep with the
white men, so that their children are biracial, then they
forced
the children when they grew older to sleep with white men,
so
that the blackness of the skin of the children became whiter
and whiter until there was no longer any visibly black people
seen. It was so bad that blacks fled to Chile, Peru, Bolivia,
Brazil and even Paraquay where they were better treated
even
though not as well as they should be treated as human
beings
deserving full equality. Atleast those ones did not want to
kill
them and accepted to give them protection and a means of
livelihood. As a matter of fact in Chile, there was a city
called
Arica where Black people were so accepted and respected
that in the 1700s two black free man, one called Anzuréz
were
elected mayors. But the white colonial masters from Spain
came six months later and nullified the elections, they were
afraid of other cities giving black people too many rights.
But
the blacks who had found succour did not complain, they
sent
word for others to flee Argentina and come join them.
Afterall
what was cancelled elections compared to certain death?"
Then she went silent as though trying to replay the
magnitude
of the crime in her mind again. Then she said it in a sombre
tone in order to drive it home to me.
"The ones the Argentineans did not kill through war or
disease, and rape and impregnate, fled the country and
ultimately we got rid of the blacks."
I listened in rising sorrow.
She continued academically.
"So although they abolished slavery in 1815 in Argentina, it
continued until 1853, after that the main preoccupation of
the
leaders was how to get rid of the black slaves and their
descendants. Our president who ruled us from 1868 to 1874,
Domingo Faustino Sarmiento, wrote in his diary in 1848, this
was long before he became president and slavery ended
that -
'In the United States… 4 million are black, and within 20
years
will be 8 million…. What is to be done with such blacks,
hated
by the white race?' - It shows that he was already thinking of
how to eliminate black people before he became President
and when he became President, he succeeded."
"Didn't the world say anything?"
"No. They ignored it. I am sure most of them wanted to do
the
same thing but failed. At that time, they admired them. I
remember when I will go to Brazil as a child, my father's
friend
will say in disgust as he looked at the black Brazilians - we
should have had your guts and finished them off. All of
them.
Make Brazil white just like Argentina."
"And the Europeans?"
She laughed.
"It is an open secret, just like King Leopold and his
genocide
in Congo. No one talks about it, but they know about it.
Atleast the older ones do. The younger ones not so much.
Why do you think all the Nazis ran to Argentina after World
War 2?"
I was silent.
She continued.
"Because it was the perfect place for the most evil racists
in
history to live."
Then she looked out to the infinitely blue sea around the
ship
and sighed audibly before she continued.
" Sadly, to some extent, it still is welcoming and
accomodating
of racial hatred. We took the Tango from the African slaves
and made it our own. In Argentina, not one person will tell
you
the true history of that dance. They don't want to associate
it
with Africa. In fact if you ask them about black people in
Argentina they will tell you that there has never been black
people in Argentina. They teach them in schools. They
rewrite
the history. They make it all white. And as I said it is all
underneath the surface. They never come out and say we
hate
black people. Argentina is only for whites or anything like
that.
They have just fixed the country to only be for white
people."
I looked at her friends, Argentineans like her, who were
lounging on the chairs on the deck, clad in their tiny bikinis,
drinking pina coladas and smiling.
She followed my gaze and then turned to me.
"Don't be fooled by all those smiles, scratch the surface and
you will see that all they want is for you to disappear."

copied from Jude idada on facebook

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by ChiefAzubuike(f): 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
Very true. Those days in Buenos Aires I was told similar story.

3 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by nuggarito: 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
In gambino's this is america

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, tell somebody
You go tell somebody
Grandma told me
Get your money, black man (get your money)
Get your money, black man (get your, black man)
Black man.

In essense success is the best revenge. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Very true. Those days in Buenos Aires I was told similar story.

meaning they are even worst than the demons up west
Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by BeingFrank(m): 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2018
I've Read A Similar Story Before, Its A Really Crazy And Unjust World We Live In. The Only Time, Africans Will Regain Their Respect And Pride, Is When They Start Devicing Tools To Solve Their Problems. Unfortunately Our Governments Seem To Be Rudderless. It Is The Reason, We Should Be Involved In Politics, Project Technocrats And Patrotic Candidates For Political Offices. African Have The Human And Natural Potentials To Uplift Herself. We Need To Promote The Unity Of The Black Race, And Kill The Spirit Of Tribalism, Religious Blindness, And Realise We Are All Africans. We Have To Make The Labours, Suffering And Tears Of Our Slain Brothers Not To Be In Vain.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by BeingFrank(m): 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
I've Read A Similar Story Before, Its A Really Crazy And Unjust World We Live In. The Only Time, Africans Will Regain Their Respect And Pride, Is When They Start Devicing Tools To Solve Their Problems. Unfortunately Our Governments Seem To Be Rudderless. It Is The Reason, We Should Be Involved In Politics, Project Technocrats And Patrotic Candidates For Political Offices. African Have The Human And Natural Potentials To Uplift Herself. We Need To Promote The Unity Of The Black Race, And Kill The Spirit Of Tribalism, Religious Blindness, And Realise We Are All Africans. We Have To Make The Labours, Suffering And Tears Of Our Slain Brothers Not To Be In Vain. Never Give Up On Africa
Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by TheEminentLaity: 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2018
Latin American countries have it rough for black people. The order is White/Caucasian, White skinned, Mulatto (black-white hybrid) then any other creature with a lighter skin before Blacks. The darker the skin colour, the lower you human value, even in Brazil.

Just like how almost everyone in Nigeria not politically connected or bothers with politics wants to leave the country or at least save their offsprings from Nigeria woes by giving birth the them abroad, Dark (Mulattoes don't identify as blacks - different from the US where mixed people would like to be identified as black) Black Brazilians also think the best option for their kids is to born by a white person...and trust with that mentality, good luck finding a white person to cross with...so they go with Indians or some other lower economic valued light skinned person.

There is also discrimination among mulattoes and blacks and even within blacks based on shades of black. It's nauseating and even scary to imagine the extremes as a black person.

The countries Nigerians are so eager to run to fought for their freedoms especially black freedoms and it wasn't cheap. Our ancestors sold off the ancestors of the civil rights activists as slaves that paid the high price while we shít in ours and run to US or Canada or UK pretty much the most welcoming places to be a black minority in the world.

It is easier to take part in politics and the process in Nigeria to sanitise it gradually than to climb the economic ladder in those western countries as a BLACK PERSON (shades matter).

5 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by TheEminentLaity: 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
Such a simpleton you are, how many people can 'get money' as you put it if a system is designed to annihilate a race of people and whose money are they getting?

It's usually broke unintelligent people that speak as you did. I'm sure you think money is everything, so answer this little question: How many people have money in the world today, and how many are black? So then what do we do with the billions that don't have and would never have?

Think along those lines, then you just might discover the thinking behind genocides, ethnic cleansing, systemic oppression and slavery.

nuggarito:
In gambino's this is america

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, tell somebody
You go tell somebody
Grandma told me
Black man.

In essense success is the best revenge. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by Originalsly: 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
Wow!... never heard about this..but now certain things I wondered about make sense. Like why the Nazi s went to Argentina....why in South America the Jews are in Argentina only.... why soo many Whites are in Argentina....Japanese as well...in fact a Japanese was their President... don't see Blacks...nor indigenous Indians who are present throughout South America. But yet...we always want to go and rub shoulders with these people who will stab you in the back and claim you weren't look ing..the same people who we would welcome with open arms to exploit .........help develop our country. A country that is following this exact path that we don't hear about in the mainstream media is Dominican Republic...the very country Black fools..... celebrities are running g to and shouting praises. Their method..... beginning with Creole speakers ( Haitans who are almost all Black).... they have to present documents to show that their forefathers came into the country legally... never mind they were born in the DR..their parents were also born there and their granparents...documents dating as far back as think 1926. We need to be more conscious of history... and how we are viewed in other parts of the world. Our education system...our celebrities and our leaders for the most part are helping to keep us in ignorance and sufferation. It's a shame.

5 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by quinSonia(f): 12:38am On Jun 18, 2018
all these NORTH AFRICANS COUNTRIES;don't ever think of themselves as AFRICANS self especially those Arabs from from Egyptians,Moroccans,Tunisians etc, they ain't even Africans self,they are being called Africans for Formality same,TRUTH BE TOLD they are Racists towards blacks,they are Arabs(far from being African)

imagine Arabs from Egyp,Algerian calling us Nigger,niggas etc...

7 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by Nobody: 1:00am On Jun 18, 2018
Whoever loves to read knows that this is 100% true and whoever thinks that the racism there has stopped is on a long endless ride.

3 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 18, 2018
quinSonia:
all these NORTH AFRICANS COUNTRIES;don't ever think of themselves as AFRICANS self especially those Arabs from from Egyptians,Moroccans,Tunisians etc, they ain't even Africans self,they are being called Africans for Formality same,TRUTH BE TOLD they are Racists towards blacks,they are Arabs(far from being African)

I very much know how arabs in egypt, algeria are worse racist than the Europeans..like its really annoying ,if uv been there you would know

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by Emilokoiyawon: 1:30am On Jun 18, 2018
shocked Is that so? And I am here shouting Messi, Messi...Na wa oh shocked

6 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by olarwhumy6(f): 5:40am On Jun 18, 2018
Seriously?!
Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by quinSonia(f): 7:49am On Jun 18, 2018
jade14:

I very much know how arabs in egypt, algeria are worse racist than the Europeans..like its really annoying ,if uv been there you would know

fact!!!

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by nuggarito: 9:15am On Jun 18, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
Such a simpleton you are, how many people can 'get money' as you put it if a system is designed to annihilate a race of people and whose money?

It's usually broke unintelligent people that speak as you did. I'm sure you think money is everything, so answer this little question: How many people have money in the world today, and how many are black? So then what do we do with the billions that don't have and would never have?

Think along those lines, then you just might discover the thinking behind genocides, ethnic cleansing, systemic oppression and slavery.
Oga if you can't be successful please relocate back to your continent, find your roots, and Oga please don't quote me again I've not eaten today thank you.

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by pafo(m): 9:38am On Jun 18, 2018
This has been the theme throughout history. The battle between minority and majority groups and the latter always comes out on top. It is happening all over again and as always, we are always too late to realize how wrong we were.

Yes! I am talking of "homosexuality". We are wrong to show prejudice towards them as they are humans(in their minority) just hoping to leave their life and be accepted, much the black slaves.

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by TheEminentLaity: 9:54am On Jun 18, 2018
Africa itself is just a geographical description of politically defined countries between oceans. People, on the other hand, are united by tribes and cultures and to a degree race. Religion used to be cultural until the invasive and conquerous Abrahamic religions were birthed. As a black african, I'd never thought an Arab was like me/us and I didn't have to read any history books.

Sometimes, the political sections called countries divides a people. For example, Fulanis are in Nigeria, Niger, even Ghana but they remain Fulani. It is only natural they relate more and better with their tribesmen who understands and speaks their language and are also of the same culture, than a country or continent man. Likewise, Ibibios are in Nigeria and now in Cameroon in the ceded Bakassi region. What I'm driving at is that an Arab would consider another Arab as their brothers/sisters before anyone else irrespective of geographical location.

The unusual yet amusing thing about thing all these is Islam and the black people and Christianity to a lesser degree. It's funny how because of religion and gods of oppressors who took black as slaves (Yes, Arabs kept black slaves, even Islam doesn't regard blacks in high esteem) an Hausa muslim fanatic would be willing to slaughter another Hausa Christian - that looks just like him and subject to identical discriminatory experiences in 'holy' Arab countries - because of a caricature of their prophet in a distant land undecided Wake me up when an Arab muslim would kill another Arab infidel because of a nigger-muslim.

History and Science needs to be enforced in our schools. A total overhaul of our education system is required honestly.

quinSonia:

7 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by TheEminentLaity: 10:06am On Jun 18, 2018
Someone like Messi is too exposed and loved to be racist. It's usually the 'afonja' and 'Igbo' type lowlife equivalents in those countries that are racist. Education broadens horizon of people who don't have the luxury to travel the world to see beyond their environment and prejudices.

Tribalism and ethnocentrism are indicators of a parochial worldview of uneducated idîots.
Emilokoiyawon:
shocked Is that so? And I am here shouting Messi, Messi...Na wa oh shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by CivilzedTyger(m): 10:09am On Jun 18, 2018
Whats wrong with this fuckin black skin that people hates so much and it gives dem sleepless nights
Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by TheEminentLaity: 10:12am On Jun 18, 2018
Exactly! Isn't it ironic that descendants of former slaves and victims of systematic oppression and dehumanisation are those that oppose the freedom of homosexual minority the most? It's not even like they're asking for something super like rights to work, vote or gain access to equal opportunities. They just say 'Mind your business and face front' what they do in their privacy as consenting adults is of no harm or consequence to the next person. Yet, the laws declared it criminal to the point of a long jail term undecided
pafo:
This has been the theme throughout history. The battle between minority and majority groups and the latter always comes out on top. It is happening all over again and as always, we are always too late to realize how wrong we were.

Yes! I am talking of "homosexuality". We are wrong to show prejudice towards them as they are humans(in their minority) just hoping to leave their life and be accepted, much the black slaves.

4 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by quinSonia(f): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2018
TheEminentLaity so I'm other words,its blacks against the rest of the world Right!
Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by BlackAdam55(m): 10:25am On Jun 18, 2018
kiss
Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by TheEminentLaity: 10:33am On Jun 18, 2018
I choose not to look at it that way because there are good people everywhere regardless of race and you just might eliminate avenues to beautiful friendships and opportunities with an 'us vs them' mindset. But in my experience, which is far from isolated, it is much harder for a black (shades matter - the darker the more likely to be unfortunate) person to rise along the economic ladder outside his/her home country. Latin America have it worse because colour of skin is almost always linked with one's identity. Their history is replete with government policies to 'whiten' the population by interbreeding or downright elimination.

In the seemingly liberal and welcoming nations such UK, Europe, US and Australia that Nigerians are eager to run to, they also have many people with entrenched prejudices and with the current immigration crisis, we can see the rise of right wing parties and anti-immigration candidates all over the West like Trump, the Italian President etc; after Trudeau, surely going to be a right wing candidate. and trust people don't have problems with Caucasians migrating en masse, it's usually against coloured and economically disadvantaged people.

quinSonia:
TheEminentLaity so I'm other words,its blacks against the rest of the world Right!

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by pafo(m): 10:33am On Jun 18, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
Exactly! Isn't it ironic that descendants of former slaves and victims of systematic oppression and dehumanisation are those that oppose the freedom of homosexual minority the most? It's not even like they're asking for something super like rights to work, vote or gain access to equal opportunities. They just say 'Mind your business and face front' what they do in their privacy as consenting adults is of no harm or consequence to the next person. Yet, the laws declared it criminal to the point of a long jail term undecided

I still try to reason the rationale behind declaring it a criminal offence in the first place. It has been proven without a shadow of doubt it isn't a disorder of any kind; at least not anyone we know of but we still regard it as one.

Beats me how on earth sex between two consenting adults in the privacy of their room become a criminal offense? Just like how the colour of my skin makes me a less inferior human.

3 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by quinSonia(f): 11:14am On Jun 18, 2018
TheEminentLaity the major concern is that whites,Americans and Arabs will never see the Blacks as Equals...
Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by TheEminentLaity: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
People are entitled to the opinions and they would always have many. What's more important is how blacks view themselves. Respect is earned and not begged for but as it is, black african nations are some of the worst places to be born on earth and Nigeria, like Bill Gates said, is one of those.

What kind of respect would people have for a country that cannot even treat its president? etc. Respect for nations is quite different from that of individuals although they converge sometimes.

Outside Africa save the US, Canada, UK and a few, there always seems to be a chip on one's shoulder as a black person. Imagine being a female Nigerian student on scholarship in Italy, for example, where 7 out of 10 road side prostitutes are Nigerians. The general perception of a Nigerian girl is that she is likely a prostitute.

quinSonia:
TheEminentLaity the major concern is that whites,Americans and Arabs will never see the Blacks as Equals...

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by waywardpikin: 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
quinSonia:

Permit me to be the devil's advocate, but have we given them any reason to look at us as equals? Look at Africa, look at Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by quinSonia(f): 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
waywardpikin:

Permit me to be the devil's advocate, but have we given them any reason to look at us as equals? Look at Africa, look at Nigeria...

my dear forget the situation, it's like the color BLACK is not appalling to them,more so everybody is to be blame for the way Africa or Nigeria is;Cause at one point the corruption favours every one

3 Likes

Re: How True Is This Tale About Black Hatred By Argentines by quinSonia(f): 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
TheEminentLaity yes I get your point, I guess that why most whites,Arabs view the female blacks as prostitutes especially arab men,even innocent ones are not spared of that discrimination; so I guess in Fal's voice

THIS IS NIGERIA
everybody be Criminal abi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When I Lived As A Man Back Then (pics) / These Prostitutes: Do They Finally Settle Down And Get Married Or Wat? / Marrying My Age Mate. Right/wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.