Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,392 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents (50932 Views)

Lady Refuses To Sleep With Man Who Took Her On Expense Paid Vacation-He Did This / Man Drags Lady To Court Over N5k After The Lady Refuses To Visit Him (photo) / I Went To See My Fiance's Parents, Only To Discover That His Mum Was Also My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 18, 2018
Chi59:

I don't dig.

He fell in love with her that way and even though they may not live with his parents, one way or another, his parents, especially his mom will come to know about the nose ring.
So if his mum comes visiting for a while, let's say, a week or more, will she keep it away?

He should just go for the lady without nose ring.
After all these show of decency and wife materialness, he may still not marry her.
Chy you are not getting the point, let's say I like to wear bumshort when am with my guy, during the introduction to his parents, I Still won't wear it, if we eventually get married and his mum visits us, I will still wont wear my bumshort without caring what she thinks because its my home now and not hers, so I can do as it pleases me. Relating this to her case, she can wear it after the wedding when the woman come to visit them cos it's her home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by imitateMe(m): 8:50am On Jun 18, 2018
She looks responsible even with the nose ring.
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by mikeogb: 8:50am On Jun 18, 2018
kennygee:

The guy might love the nose ring but it is a different thing when she's meeting the parent. She has to look the part. His parents don't need to know his preference is a ghen ghen girl.

A lot of guys have done this, encouraged their gfs to tone it down a notch when they are meeting their parents, it's not cause they don't like your crazy hair colour, your piercings or tattoos or your semi nude clothes, it's because their parents approval is very necessary and they want their parents to approve of you.

Sense will you gurlll... See reasoning
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by happney65: 8:50am On Jun 18, 2018
tetula123:
If you can't remove your nose ring get ready to marry yourself, I don't even see how nose ring makes one beautiful, it only makes you look like a cheap h*e.

Exactly..He get one girl with a nose ring wey i be wan fucccck noww,I told her point blank make we meet for Hotel for our next meeting which she knows say na fucccking thing...You will be addressed the way you dress...Simple

1 Like

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Junior66(m): 8:52am On Jun 18, 2018
tetula123:
If you can't remove your nose ring get ready to marry yourself, I don't even see how nose ring makes one beautiful, it only makes you look like a cheap h*e.
Sorry bro, noserinf is a cultural wear not some slut shit as you think. Here in Keffi that I stay, a lot of females wear it, surprisingly it is even more common on children of less than 10 years. Are you telling these children are sluts?

4 Likes

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by munas: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2018
oyb:
she is extremely foolish if she wants fights over things as trivial as nose rings

of course, this is probably just more blogger rubbish clickbait

meeting parents for the first time is like a job interview

you want to look your best.

you are meeting the parents, not auditioning for a rap video. different scenarios require different modes of dressing

the sportsmen you seem to be looking up to always dress properly at formal occasions.

Dont mind the silly goat
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by ElsonMorali: 8:53am On Jun 18, 2018
obentenyson:
ladies with Nose ring be looking like a Bull..

Are you yabbing us Taurus? angry
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 18, 2018
Colourich:
Chy you are not getting the point, let's say I like to wear bumshort when am with my guy, during the introduction to his parents, I Still won't wear it, if we eventually get married and his mum visits us, I will still west my bumshort without caring what she thinks because its my hone now and not hers, so I can do as it pleases me. Relating this to her case, she can wear it after the wedding when the woman come to visit them cos it's her home.
It's not the same.
She may wear hers 247 unlike bum shorts. You can equate nose ring to multiple piercings or a tattoo, not bum shorts.
She's been that way probably before he met her. Why does he want her to pretend to look decent?
Why do people like complicating their love life?
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by CSTR1003: 8:55am On Jun 18, 2018
I can't even have a girl like this as a fiancee in the first place, let alone take her to see my parent.

Excessive and unnatural ornamentation turns me off.
I know some guys like it, but I don't.
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by jaxxy(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2018
sinaj:
What if after removing the nose ring, her prospective mother in law sees her on the road with the nose ring
The woman will conclude that she has other ugly traits she is hiding just to marry her son.
So its better they accept her and her nose ring now and decide wether to like her or not.

Better still, the guy should visit her family first wearing saggy jeans, rocking dreads and magnetic earrings since she cant compromise for him sad

The guy likes it bt his parents don't. He gives u an advice to take if off for the intro and ure arguing again? If ahe can't take it off she has an attitude problem and probably a sign she doesn't take reasonable advice. Wats the big deal, guys do also do alot to look rite infront of her parents. I personally see no big deal. She can do wat she likes afterwards bt by then they wud have gotten to know her beyond her looks so dey will tolorate it.
Bt on the 1st meeting its a no no, too much of a distraction. Its not like she's shaving her locks off. C'mon
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 18, 2018
Junior66:

Sorry bro, noserinf is a cultural wear not some slut shit as you think. Here in Keffi that I stay, a lot of females wear it, surprisingly it is even more common on children of less than 10 years. Are you telling these children are sluts?
Leave him to spew ignorance.
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Kobicove(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2018
I have an issue with nose rings
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by OhiOfIhima: 8:56am On Jun 18, 2018
tetula123:
I hate d so called nose ring... No matter how cute a lady is, once I see u wit it am turning off.
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 18, 2018
I really do like nose rings on a beautiful woman���

2 Likes

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by OvaSabi1(f): 8:57am On Jun 18, 2018
You should not start something that you cannot finish. If a big part of her personality involves wearing a nose ring, it's better she keeps it.
I read of a wedding recently where the mother of the groom saw that the cleavage of the wife was showing on her wedding dress, she now removed her gele and used it to cover her chest. She did this without asking for the girl's consent. The groom removed the gele and gave it back to his mother, saying that is his duty and not her duty.
Conclusion is that once you change your appearance for an inlaw now you will need to change something else like your children's appearance later if that is required. The question is that for how long will this continue?
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Kaybaba5(m): 8:57am On Jun 18, 2018
Girls with nose rings or leg gold chain are no no way for me cos i classify all as olosho......

My opinion. .....though

1 Like

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 18, 2018
If it was a job interview or a job where she has to work around food, she would be asked to take the nose ring out! She probably would as well but for the man she claims to love she won't...

6 Likes

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Saff(f): 9:00am On Jun 18, 2018
Some girls sef. What is the big deal, take it off. Always trying to play victim 24/7.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Donjazzy12(m): 9:00am On Jun 18, 2018
HeWrites:
This tweet has started a debate on twitter as some people insist the girl should not remove her nose ring because if her man is okay with it, his parents too must accept it like that.

But some are of the opinion that she should remove it as first impression matters. Read their reactions and share your thoughts as well.

Read below;

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/06/lady-refused-to-remove-her-nose-ring-as-shes-set-to-meet-her-parent-in-law-to-be.html

It is a red flag. The guy should dump her. I am 100% sure she is a lesbian. And she is not even wise.
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by obentenyson(m): 9:01am On Jun 18, 2018
majamajic:
the girl is right, she is real.

let your family know whom u marrying not hide anything

she is carrying her LOGO from beginning.. to avoid ' after giving us a male child she started wearing a nose ring

SMH...
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Ayanfeoluxyz(f): 9:08am On Jun 18, 2018
HeWrites:
This tweet has started a debate on twitter as some people insist the girl should not remove her nose ring because if her man is okay with it, his parents too must accept it like that.

But some are of the opinion that she should remove it as first impression matters. Read their reactions and share your thoughts as well.

Read below;

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/06/lady-refused-to-remove-her-nose-ring-as-shes-set-to-meet-her-parent-in-law-to-be.html

She is a strong woman she can even wear trailer rim on her nose
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2018
Chi59:

It's not the same.
She may wear hers 247 unlike bum shorts. You can equate nose ring to multiple piercings or a tattoo, not bum shorts.
She's been that way probably before he met her. Why does he want her to pretend to look decent?
I have this friend, her fiance prefers her wearing leg chain, when they went to meet his family, she didn't wear it, that's doesn't mean that they are complicating their love life, he is doing it for peace to reign.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by eph12(m): 9:12am On Jun 18, 2018
Chi59:

It's not the same.
In Africa, our parents are still old fashioned. It's not out of place to look the part when visiting a prospective inlaw for the first time. It's a simple sacrifice that you're willing to make the relationship work and last for a very long time. You're not married yet and you want him to start picking fight with his parents? It's not about being decent, it's just about avoiding too many hurdles before making everything official.

If it was something not removable it would have been different, but this is one of the most simplest things one can compromise for in a relationship. And there are lots of compromises in relationships.

I can't imagine her maintaining this stand if it was a very important interview with a VIP and in one of the biggest multinationals.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by C0C0Bandicot(f): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2018
Too much fuvkery in this world, they tell you not to judge a book by it's cover, same people will still tell you that appearance is key.... That she wears a nose ring, doesn't make her a hoe. But as an African ( if they are ) The lady ought to know that African parents only have your countenance, to deduce if you're deem fit for their child... Cuz they haven't met you before, they don't know you well enough... Only your spouse does, and your appearance is what does the talking for you... So removing it shouldn't be a big deal... At the same time, I understand her plight, wouldn't that mean she's pretending to be someone she isn't?.... It's better her in laws know about her nose ring than for them to find out later after all... It's just a fashion statement... Maybe when she starts having kids she'll feel different about it

1 Like

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by no1madman(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2018
Don't remove it. .I like it. .

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by sinaj(f): 9:20am On Jun 18, 2018
ElsonMorali:

You are contradicting yourself o. shocked
lol am not.
I started with what if wink
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by rottenegg: 9:21am On Jun 18, 2018
Lots of guys here that are hypocrites! if u ask a guy to choose between a sexy nosed ring girl and a drab a-line wearing church girl as a gf, you know the answer....
If you don't like it from the beginning, don't date it!
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by SAMAYODELE(m): 9:21am On Jun 18, 2018
Parents are not fools. She can remove the nose ring but the hole is indelible. That alone might piss some parents off.
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by eph12(m): 9:21am On Jun 18, 2018
OvaSabi1:
You should not start something that you cannot finish. If a big part of her personality involves wearing a nose ring, it's better she keeps it.
I read of a wedding recently where the mother of the groom saw that the cleavage of the wife was showing on her wedding dress, she now removed her gele and used it to cover her chest. She did this without asking for the girl's consent. The groom removed the gele and gave it back to his mother, saying that is his duty and not her duty.
Conclusion is that once you change your appearance for an inlaw now you will need to change something else like your children's appearance later if that is required. The question is that for how long will this continue?
Ladies that are more comfortable in trousers have worn skirts or dress to meet their in-laws. Some have gone without the heavy make up they're used to. Guys have shaved so as to avoid unnecessary scrutiny. Their marriage is still going very strong today. You won't live with your in-laws forever. Longest you'll spend with them at a time before wedding is probably some hours. Why don't you allow them see the so many other wonderful qualities you have instead of allowing them focus on that thing you could have avoided? Our parents are still old fashioned and we have to bear with them till they're no more around. Then you can ask your daughter in-law to come naked because that's who she is

2 Likes

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by mimicue(f): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2018
What’s there to be debating , she should remove that nose ring , what’s even special about nose ring that she can’t remove mtcheww , if she can’t remove it, then she doesn’t like him enough to marry him since nose ring is her problem

1 Like

Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by Akpacha(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2018
Colourich:
She might be a feminist.

Who else think its not right for this dude to post her picture?
u believe any guy posted that pix? Funny! That's d trend ladies would take pix and feel good abt it, they would create kind of lie lie comments for tweeter users hoping their pix would go round.
Re: Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents by eph12(m): 9:24am On Jun 18, 2018
rottenegg:
Lots of guys here that are hypocrites! if u ask a guy to choose between a sexy nosed ring girl and a drab a-line wearing church girl as a gf, you know the answer....
If you don't like it from the beginning, don't date it!

The guy didn't say he doesn't like it, he's only worried about what his parents would say seeing that they're old fashioned. These parents are yet to meet the girl to know how wonderful she's but if that's the first thing they're seeing, they may begin to read meaning into every step she makes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

HELP : My Ex Is Now My Boss / I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors husband / I Am In 400 Level And A Male Virgin, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.