Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century (27439 Views)

3 Underrated But Lucrative Skills That Will Make You Rich / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? / Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by 24hoursreporter: 6:44am On Jun 19, 2018
Technological advancement has made life in the 21st century both fun and challenging. It is fun for the millennial who moves along with technological tides, while it is challenging for those who decide to remain stagnant. Generally, there are four currencies in the 21st century that will make life easy when you have any of them. These currencies are; ideas, information, relationship and skills. However, our focus on this article will be on one of the currencies of the 21st century – skills. So, sit back and read the skills that are super useful to know in the 21st century.

Regardless of the job you do, you should learn one of these skills that are super useful to know in the 21st century. This will make you to be a solution provider in whatever situation you find yourself.

There are certain skills that are useful in every job. And when you make sacrifice to learn these skills you will become indispensable in your department. This will definitely be a great plus to your career growth.

List of Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century

#1 Photoshop

Photoshop is one of the skills that are super useful to know in the 21st century. Irrespective of your role in an organization, there will always be the need to resize image or put together graphics, this is when knowledge of this skill becomes necessary.

So, try to learn the basics of Photoshop. Fortunately, learning a skill is very easy in the 21st century. You can easily learn it on YouTube and become an expert in no time.

#2 Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Excel is a software that most people use in the office on daily basis. This is due to the fact that most jobs in present day organization are data driven.

Unfortunately, most people use only the most minimal functions of excel. They don’t know how to unleash the full power of the tool. If you take sometime to learn excel, you will be more productive at work.

#3 Project Management

Project management is also among the skills that are super useful to know in the 21st century. Most projects fail because people think project management is an innate skill and they end up managing project without having the requisite knowledge.

So, try to learn the basics of project management like; how to carry everybody along, how to hold people accountable etc. Project management skill will make you to be more effective on your job.

#4 Presentation

Presentation is another useful skill to know but some people believe that it is all about reading a slide. It goes beyond this as you have to master the art of presentation to be able carry your audience along.

Well, check How to Start a Presentation That Will Capture Your Audience for better understanding of presentation.

#5 Microsoft Power point

Power Point and Presentation skills go hand in hand. Your Power Point skill will always complement your presentation.

With a perfect understanding of power point, you will be able to create great slides.

#6 Coding

Coding is also among the top skills that are useful to know in the 21st century. According to Stephen Hawking, “Whether you want to uncover the secrets of the universe, or you just want to pursue a career in the 21st century, basic computer programming is an essential skill to learn”.

#7 Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing is another great skill that applies in several functions in an organization. Understanding basic website design, SEO, social media optimization, sales copy contents etc. will make you a solution provider.

#8 Writing

Writing is among the top skills that are super useful in the 21st century. In our various offices, we are sometimes required to write email, reports, draw up contracts and other form of writing.

When you take time to develop your writing skill, you will become a valuable member of your team.

#9 Networking

Another great skill to learn is networking. Networking is good for your career and will lead to more opportunities and stronger relationship.

#10 Sales

Finally, Sales is a skill every professional should learn. Even if you are not performing sales role, you should at least know how to sell yourself.

There may be time in your career when you will need this skill to push forward. So, understanding the basics of selling will help you in your career.

These are the 10 skills that are super useful to know in the 21st century. Learn them and become a solution provider.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/06/18/10-skills-that-are-super-useful-to-know-in-the-21st-century/

43 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 19, 2018
Nice

2 Likes

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by Chuukwudi(m): 7:10am On Jun 19, 2018
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 19, 2018
#11 Yahoo format: A friend's elder bro moved his poor family from igbogbo ikorodu to Lekki axis in a duplex he bought after I laughed at him for years for always sitting in front of a laptop 247 without anything to show for it. Just one wire deal and see house and cars. He's poor mama now flies to buy clothes for sale at Dubai from selling agege bread lol. He bought my friend a White Benz 2015 CLA. While I never change my car since grin. Banker for donkey years

#12 Betting predictions : A former colleague won N45M in January from bet9ja after betting with his 1month salary. I thought he was crazy. The guy resigned from the fu*cking bank the next day. He has a house in his name and investments. Who is the crazy one now? sad shocked

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by 24hoursreporter: 7:11am On Jun 19, 2018
Chuukwudi:
Nice

Thank you.
Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by yahmohy27: 7:12am On Jun 19, 2018
Nice one op

1 Like

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by wemmy01(m): 7:12am On Jun 19, 2018
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 19, 2018
Why will any organization employ anyone who’s shot of any of these skills in the first place. Apart frm Man Management which I feel that you can learn on the job, I expect anyone who’s looking for job or placement to have these set of skills.

I remember when I first thought that I was good in excel, Chai until I saw a senior colleague use excel to manage billions of financial estimates where every figure was linked to a formula. Still wish I was that good.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by lokobyforch(m): 7:13am On Jun 19, 2018
Really, what about tailoring as well as carpentry...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 19, 2018
I'm very good in 6 out of the 10, here I am.

1 Like

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by BedLam: 7:16am On Jun 19, 2018
The fact that data science/analysis is not in your write up makes me question what you really know and don't.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by Pentools(m): 7:17am On Jun 19, 2018
Osha-prapra!!!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by excelfele(m): 7:17am On Jun 19, 2018
true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by AmeLonRo(m): 7:17am On Jun 19, 2018
Making money offline is easier than that online. Take c at recess and take control.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 19, 2018
lokobyforch:
Really, what about tailoring as well as carpentry...
They are called Trades of which you can learn special skills streamlined to the fashion line..

3 Likes

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by Sammy07: 7:17am On Jun 19, 2018
24hoursreporter:

[b]#1 Photoshop

Photoshop is one of the skills that are super useful to know in the 21st century. Irrespective of your role in an organization, there will always be the need to resize image or put together graphics, this is when knowledge of this skill becomes necessary.

So, try to learn the basics of Photoshop. Fortunately, learning a skill is very easy in the 21st century. You can easily learn it on YouTube and become an expert in no time.

#2 Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Excel is a software that most people use in the office on daily basis. This is due to the fact that most jobs in present day organization are data driven.

Unfortunately, most people use only the most minimal functions of excel. They don’t know how to unleash the full power of the tool. If you take sometime to learn excel, you will be more productive at work.

#4 Presentation

Presentation is another useful skill to know but some people believe that it is all about reading a slide. It goes beyond this as you have to master the art of presentation to be able carry your audience along.

Well, check How to Start a Presentation That Will Capture Your Audience for better understanding of presentation.

#5 Microsoft Power point

Power Point and Presentation skills go hand in hand. Your Power Point skill will always complement your presentation.

With a perfect understanding of power point, you will be able to create great slides.

#6 Coding

Coding is also among the top skills that are useful to know in the 21st century. According to Stephen Hawking, “Whether you want to uncover the secrets of the universe, or you just want to pursue a career in the 21st century, basic computer programming is an essential skill to learn”.

[/b]

100%Correct

5 Likes

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by 24hoursreporter: 7:18am On Jun 19, 2018
yahmohy27:
Nice one op

Thank you

1 Like

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by Pentools(m): 7:19am On Jun 19, 2018
BedLam:
The fact that data science/analysis is not in your write up makes me question what you really know and don't.

Pls what are the major Job opportunities of a data analyst?

Want to embark on one. Thanks!
Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by Sulemona: 7:19am On Jun 19, 2018
11. YAHOO+

1 Like

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by 24hoursreporter: 7:20am On Jun 19, 2018
IjogzK:
Why will any organization employ anyone who’s shot of any of these skills in the first place. Apart frm Man Management which I feel that you can learn on the job, I expect anyone who’s looking for job or placement to have these set of skills.

I remember when I first thought that I was good in excel, Chai until I saw a senior colleague use excel to manage billions of financial estimates where every figure was linked to a formula. Still wish I was that good.

Awesome
Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by koolaid87: 7:20am On Jun 19, 2018
bless up niggah

1 Like

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by 24hoursreporter: 7:24am On Jun 19, 2018
BedLam:

Smile, Excel covers the data analysis aspect.

1 Like

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by infogenius(m): 7:30am On Jun 19, 2018
Pipedreams:
#11 Yahoo format: A friend's elder bro moved his poor family from igbogbo ikorodu to Lekki axis in a duplex he bought after I laughed at him for years for always sitting in front of a laptop 247 without anything to show for it. Just one wire deal and see house and cars. He's poor mama now flies to buy clothes for sale at Dubai from selling agege bread lol. He bought my friend a White Benz 2015 CLA. While I never change my car since grin. Banker for donkey years

#12 Betting predictions : A colleague won N45M in January from bet9ja after betting with his 1month salary. I thought he was crazy. The guy resigned from the fu*cking bank the next day. He has a house in his name and investments. Who is the crazy one now? sad shocked

Na dis one weak me pass.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by ahmedio: 7:38am On Jun 19, 2018
True but it also depends on your area of discipline.
For me right now I need french skills so if you know any year 3 or year 4 student who can teach me French in Ikoyi and make some cash for himself in his spare time. Please link me up with him.
French coaches/teachers are too expensive.
Whatsapp 2348130708472

2 Likes

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by KateFowler7: 7:39am On Jun 19, 2018
Yes, it is. Thanks for this interesting article. I've been doing a chain management system with https://www.meadewillis.com/ and they help to run it really effective. I hope that it's going to rise.

1 Like

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by milemimi93(m): 7:40am On Jun 19, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Technological advancement has made life in the 21st century both fun and challenging. It is fun for the millennial who moves along with technological tides, while it is challenging for those who decide to remain stagnant. Generally, there are four currencies in the 21st century that will make life easy when you have any of them. These currencies are; ideas, information, relationship and skills. However, our focus on this article will be on one of the currencies of the 21st century – skills. So, sit back and read the skills that are super useful to know in the 21st century.

Regardless of the job you do, you should learn one of these skills that are super useful to know in the 21st century. This will make you to be a solution provider in whatever situation you find yourself.

There are certain skills that are useful in every job. And when you make sacrifice to learn these skills you will become indispensable in your department. This will definitely be a great plus to your career growth.

#1 Photoshop

#2 Microsoft Excel

#3 Project Management

Project management is also among the skills that are super useful to know in the 21st century. Most projects fail because people think project management is an innate skill and they end up managing project without having the requisite knowledge.

So, try to learn the basics of project management like; how to carry everybody along, how to hold people accountable etc. Project management skill will make you to be more effective on your job.

#4 Presentation

#5 Microsoft Power point

#6 Coding

#7 Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing is another great skill that applies in several functions in an organization. Understanding basic website design, SEO, social media optimization, sales copy contents etc. will make you a solution provider.

#8 Writing

Writing is among the top skills that are super useful in the 21st century. In our various offices, we are sometimes required to write email, reports, draw up contracts and other form of writing.

When you take time to develop your writing skill, you will become a valuable member of your team.

#9 Networking

Another great skill to learn is networking. Networking is good for your career and will lead to more opportunities and stronger relationship.

#10 Sales

Finally, Sales is a skill every professional should learn. Even if you are not performing sales role, you should at least know how to sell yourself.

There may be time in your career when you will need this skill to push forward. So, understanding the basics of selling will help you in your career.

These are the 10 skills that are super useful to know in the 21st century. Learn them and become a solution provider.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/06/18/10-skills-that-are-super-useful-to-know-in-the-21st-century/

Your number 6 should be number 1

2 Likes

Re: 10 Skills That Are Super Useful To Know In The 21st Century by donephi(m): 7:43am On Jun 19, 2018
24hoursreporter:

#1 Photoshop

#2 Microsoft Excel

#3 Project Management

#4 Presentation

#5 Microsoft Power point

#6 Coding

#7 Digital Marketing

#8 Writing

#9 Networking

#10 Sales

very correct

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ecobank Sacks 1,040 Staff - Punch / First Bank Laid Off Their Staff / How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.