Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:33 PM

Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith (45157 Views)

Egypt Goalkeeper's Water Bottle Covered With Notes On Senegal's Penalty Takers / Egypt Goalkeeper, Gabaski, The Talk Of The Continent Despite AFCON Loss / Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by kaliboi94(m): 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
Thats same way I went to watch the champions league final, as an arsenal fan I was in support of Liverpool to win the trophy but on get to the sports centre, I heard one religious bigot saying that they have prayed and fasted that an Arne( non Muslim) will not win the match.
I was like this guy is mad. Immediately I switch support for cr7. Cus d bigot referred cr7 as an Arne and mo as God sent.
Religion is really affecting our mentality here in naija.
If u have any misconception about what I say I don't care just go and argue with your ancestors.
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by Abdulhakeem78(m): 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2018
Kennydoc:

But Saudi is the centre of Islam in the world. Saudi basically runs an Islamic government. How come they allow the same things you tag evil? Do you understand Islam more than Saudi rulers?

Could you please enlighten me on why alcohol is bad in itself that it cannot enter the mouth of a Muslim? Why will it be a sin for a Muslim to drink a glass of beer or red wine?
Sir thanks for professional understanding and some levels of maturity exposed in this discussion, Saudi is not an Islamic state but a Muslim state rules by a king in provisions with some advice from Saudi's Islamic Scholars. Examples of this is not farfetched. I believe u understand the relationship of Saudi with USA? Many of these examples are available, besides, there many things Saudi are doing that the Scholars of religion have warned them of but they make deaf hear on because of the so call "CIVILIZATION".
The answer to your question is this sir: in Qur'an 5 vs 90, Allah says ; O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al- Ansab, and Al-Azlàm (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitan's (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful. You can read it further in the Verse
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by Greatzeus(m): 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2018
juanjo2:
pls they should just send all this Muslims to another planet, it is very clear that we are not same... imagine rejecting an award because of a mere brand, JUST NEGODU
This sounds funny to me,does it mean this award hasn't been given to any Muslim before? If it has,did they all rejected it
Juango2 be mature, This is how terrorists think too,they want to send people of other faith to another plane by killing them.Every man to his belief,he didn't hurt any body by rejecting the award,so I'm cool with it.
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by obongtunji: 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2018
To all my Christian faithful, is it allowed for us to take alcohol? Answer that yourself.
If you see nothing in associating yourself with alcohol he has a different view towards that and i think his decision should be respected.
If you think alcoholism is not a sin, then all i can tell you is kwantinu
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by Kennydoc(m): 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
Abdulhakeem78:

Sir thanks for professional understanding and some levels of maturity exposed in this discussion, Saudi is not an Islamic state but a Muslim state rules by a king in provisions with some advice from Saudi's Islamic Scholars. Examples of this is not farfetched. I believe u understand the relationship of Saudi with USA? Many of these examples are available, besides, there many things Saudi are doing that the Scholars of religion have warned them of but they make deaf hear on because of the so call "CIVILIZATION".
The answer to your question is this sir: in Qur'an 5 vs 90, Allah says ; O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al- Ansab, and Al-Azlàm (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitan's (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful. You can read it further in the Verse

I love the gentility and civility of your responses. I wish all Muslims were like you, there wouldn't have been radical Islamic terrorism in the world today.
I understand your point. Since it is explicitly stated in the Quran and you desire to follow the Quran to the letter, I agree that you shouldn't compromise on it.

As a Christian, I also don't indulge in drinking. Though I can take wines that have alcohol, I very rarely do it. Beer is a no no for me. The Bible also speaks against drunkenness (intoxication) for which reason many practising Christians avoid alcohol, but taking it doesn't make one a sinner (in my opinion), except the person loses control over his urge to drink and starts getting drunk.

Anyway, thanks for the maturity in your responses. Do keep it up.

Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by Abdulhakeem78(m): 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
Kennydoc:

I love the gentility and civility of your responses. I wish all Muslims were like you, there wouldn't have been radical Islamic terrorism in the world today.
I understand your point. Since it is explicitly stated in the Quran and you desire to follow the Quran to the letter, I agree that you shouldn't compromise on it.

As a Christian, I also don't indulge in drinking. Though I can take wines that have alcohol, I very rarely do it. Beer is a no no for me. The Bible also speaks against drunkenness (intoxication) for which reason many practising Christians avoid alcohol, but taking it doesn't make one a sinner (in my opinion), except the person loses control over his urge to drink and starts getting drunk.

Anyway, thanks for the maturity in your responses. Do keep it up.
You are highly honoured and welcome sir! So do I in yours

Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by Azam101: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
flexyrule:
He refused to collect an award presented to him by Budweiser - an alcoholic beverage producing company.
Why on earth is he and his th Egyptian team then competing in the same tournament sponsored by the same alcoholic beverage producing company?

Yesterday, I read on the news how the Hisbah police in Zamfara state arrested males and females who were celebrating sallah tohether and were not married. And also the destruction of brothels, hotels and beer joints by the Borno state government some weeks back.
Where does the funding of the Hisbah police come from? State allocation!!! Gathered from proceed of the sale of crude oil and taxes paid by private and multinationals including hotels, brothels, alcohol producing coys and so on.

THAT IS HYPOCRISY!!!!
So you think it's only the alcoholic company that sponsored the tournament? and moreover revenues are only gotten from your above mentioned companies? Hatred for Islam will ruin you !

Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by olaade21: 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
The criticians will flood over this thread like zombies. Children of hate.
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by udatso: 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Every man is entitled to his belief.

I don't know why Christian fanatics won't understand that.

He simply refused to accept it and hasn't criticized others for accepting. Neither has he compelled others not to accept.

Why is this paining our Christian brothers so much?
I tire oooo
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by 18wheeler: 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
diebuhari1:
We know how the sales of Alcohol dropped drastically during the Ramadan fast.
Hypocrites
You are absolutely right.
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by rapmike(m): 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2018
BAILMONEY:
LOL ALHAJI MODELMIKE YOU NOR DEY TIREgrin
Sorry but I am not model mike
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by murmee: 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
labisibrass:
Hypocrites everywhere. We know them. Naso my neighbor nor smoke his weed throughout Ramadan period, we were just too happy for him then. Dude has turned himself to exhaust pipe since Friday afternoon now. Faith kor fate ni
I'm laughing!
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by murmee: 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2018
Bashirfuntua:

That's to let you know that it's Haram.
Note: even the bad ones among us reduce their sin during the holly month.
Did you say reduce? So after the Ramadan you resumed your sins in full. SMH!
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by murmee: 7:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
HomeOfMe:
They're committing a bigger sin by participating in the tournament. Because the tournament gave birth to the award. Confusion of the highest level coupled with narrow-mindedness.
Good comment!

Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by flexyrule(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
Azam101:
So you think it's only the alcoholic company that sponsored the tournament? and moreover revenues are only gotten from your above mentioned companies? Hatred for Islam will ruin you !
Hatred for Islam indeed. Islam has already got enough problems.. Hating on Islam would be like adding a cube of sugar into the ocean and expecting the water to be sugary.
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by Chigold101(m): 10:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
CSTR1003:

Budweiser sponsors the world cup along with other brands, as well as the MOTM award.

They are the official alcoholic beverage sponsors of the 2018 FIFA world cup.
The world cup does not have only one sponsor
i like as you noted "other sponsors"

Every brand has a segment of the tournament it's sponsoring...
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by Chigold101(m): 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

what about the uefa champions league being solely sponsored by Heineken??
first of all the Egyptian goal keeper isn't playing EUFA champion's league.
Secondly the last Europe Champion's league was sponsored by Pepsi...
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by rib18: 11:55pm On Jun 19, 2018
Here are the 2018 FIFA World Cup sponsors, partners, and regional supporters [Complete List Updated] below:

#1. Official Sponsors
Budwiser
Hisense
Mcdonalds
Vivo
Mengnui

#2. Official Partners
Adidas
Wanda Group
Coca Cola
Gaz Prom
Hyundai Kai Motors
Qatar Airways
Corporate Visa

#3. Regional Supporters
Yadea [Asia]
Alfa Bank [ Europe]
Rose Telecom [Europe]

FIFA confirmed in October 2017 that a total of $400 million would be shared between the participants at the 2018 World Cup in the form of prize money.

Simply reaching the finals is worth a minimum of $9.5m ($8m for taking part in the group stage and $1.5m for tournament costs).

If a team progresses from the group stage but gets knocked out at the round of 16 they will be rewarded with an extra $4m (a total of $12m).

Teams that are eliminated in the quarter-final stage will receive a further $4m ($16m) and the final four will each receive different amounts, depending on how well they do.

The beaten semi-finalists who contest the third-place play-off will share $46m, with $24m going to winner and $22m going to the loser.

The 2018 World Cup final is a $66m game and the winners will be paid $38m with the runners-up getting $28m.

Those figures will be boosted by the $1.5m for tournament costs and all prizes will be paid out after the completion of the competition.

And some JACKASS think Budweiser can pay all that money?
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by BAILMONEY: 12:41am On Jun 20, 2018
rapmike:

Sorry but I am not model mike
NA SO
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by Badeku: 7:34am On Jun 20, 2018
Am proud of him
Re: Egypt's Goalkeeper Refused Man Of The Match Award Because Of Muslim Faith by Ayobami7(m): 2:39pm On Dec 09, 2018

Jay-Jay Okocha And Ronaldinho Strike A Pose / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Again Among The Favourites For The Ballon D'or / Super Falcons Victory Dance After Beating Cameroon 4 - 2 (Videos, Photos)