Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! (15269 Views)

Ntel Network Thread / Ntel introduced unlimited night plans...500naira for 60gb or more / NTEL Increases Monthly Plan Massively By 40% (from N12,500 To N17,500).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by zest1: 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2018
Megalodonus:

Go to their website or Google Ntel office locations close to you. I'm in Abuja, their are about 10 offices here. I bought mine in Gwarinpa.

Will I tell them I want to buy Ntel wawuu sim card right
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Megalodonus: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
zest1:

Will I tell them I want to buy Ntel wawuu sim card right
Yes.
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Megalodonus: 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
LetMyPeopleGo:
If I hadn't explored all options, I won't open a thread dear.

I've used my credit to call customer care all to no avail. Today I called for a cumulative 15minutes with my MTN SIM and nobody responded.

Before you throw the first stone, ask questions..
15 minutes?

I've called customer care 3 times at different times of the day and it didn't take more than 5 minutes for me to speak with an agent.

1 Like

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
jesse8048:

I had same problem, it was showing emergency calls only for two days. They said it would come up but it never did. I thought it's likely from the new phone I bought (xaiomi Redmi 5plus). A friend asked me to bring the phone, he dialed a code while the phone was in flight mode and quickly selected LTE only and in 10 seconds NTEL was up and blazing. I don't know the bonus they gave me but I've used 6gb so far.

Ntel is a 4g only network. U need ur phone to be in 4g only to get their signal. If u are on auto then it won't work.

1 Like

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by DogCynophile(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2018
greenhulk:

Ntel is a 4g only network. U need ur phone to be in 4g only to get their signal. If u are on auto then it won't work.

Lies, don't say what you don't know. As long as your phone has 4G and u 're in their 4G location it will work and activate. Most phones don't have 4G only. Even top brands.
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by kstyle2(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
Well, i have using the ntel sim and ntel wifi for over 2 weeks and it's been fantastic here in port Harcourt. I have so far recommended them to some friends and those that have gotten theirs have been please with their services so far. I do hope your problem is solved

2 Likes

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by YOUNGELDER1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2018
Mrluv:
where can i get the sim here in boundary ajegunle

I got mine at Slot surulere

But at Slot the lady said they have a center inside Apapa mall.

So which ever you prefer.

But no network when ever I’m at Aj ojo road area tho.

1 Like

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by saint2ace(m): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2018
DogCynophile:

Lies, don't say what you don't know. As long as your phone has 4G and u 're in their 4G location it will work and activate. Most phones don't have 4G only. Even top brands.

Hello ma, with all due respect he is very right. U have to set Ur phone on 4G only or LTE only for it to work. And mind u all 4G phones are not the same as they all operate on different frequency bands based on the manufacturer's specs. So u might have a 4G phone and Ntel won't work if the phone doesn't have bands 3 and 8 which are Ntel's spectrum bands. So let's make our comments with a bit of respect for others. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by jesse8048(m): 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2018
LetMyPeopleGo:
What Code please?

*#*#4636#*#*
When u dial it, something will come out, minimize, go and select airplane mode and quickly turn it phone. Before the phone will finish searching for network, u go to the code u dialed and select LTE only cos ntel is 4g only.

1 Like

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by jesse8048(m): 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2018
DogCynophile:

I guess u didn't understand what he meant. Ntel doesn't have 3g and 2g so your must be in 4g only or LTE only.

1 Like

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2018
DogCynophile:

Seriously? In case u don't know I have been using Ntel a long time before u even heard of it. I'm one of those that enjoyed the service right from when they launched, so say what u know. Ntel is a 4g only network, if u put ur phone on auto it won't work, both on phones and modems. This is why their voice service is only on VOLTE, (no GSM) also why they launched the VOXhd app so devices that don't support VOLTE can still use their voice service with the VOXhd app. If u want to know more about Ntel I can school u. And who told u not all phones have 4g only? In some phones it is called LTE/CDMA like in the picture below. That is my phone and LTE/CDMA means 4g only while LTE/GSM/UMTS is multi mode, clicking that will let u choose auto, 3g only or gsm only.

3 Likes

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Mrluv(m): 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:

I got mine at Slot surulere

But at Slot the lady said they have a center inside Apapa mall.

So which ever you prefer.

But no network when ever I’m at Aj ojo road area tho.
pls can use explain how i can get to apapa mall is like you are familar with ajegunle me abi jjc here
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2018
saint2ace:

Hello ma, with all due respect he is very right. U have to set Ur phone on 4G only or LTE only for it to work. And mind u all 4G phones are not the same as they all operate on different frequency bands based on the manufacturer's specs. So u might have a 4G phone and Ntel won't work if the phone doesn't have bands 3 and 8 which are Ntel's spectrum bands. So let's make our comments with a bit of respect for others. Thanks

Thanks jare

1 Like

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Mrluv(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2018
greenhulk:

Thanks jare
you this invisible being you be male or female..i just like the person under this moniker

2 Likes

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
Megalodonus:

I've called customer care 3 times at different times of the day and it didn't take more than 5 minutes for me to speak with an agent.

But u can't just say OP is lying. Me too I have called NTEL many times and most of the times they respond within 3-5 mins, but that doesn't mean it would be like that for everyone. Sometimes I call my bank CC and they respond within 5-7 mins, but there was a time I called them and it took almost 1 hour before someone responded.

3 Likes

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2018
Mrluv:
you this invisible being you be male or female..i just like the person under this moniker

Ha ha bros, how am I invisible?
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Mrluv(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2018
greenhulk:

Ha ha bros, how am I invisible?
you are invisible to me cus i cant diffrentitate if you are female or male but anyway that does not matter.
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by saint2ace(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
greenhulk:

But u can't just say OP is lying. Me too I have called NTEL many times and most of the times they respond within 3-5 mins, but that doesn't mean it would be like that for everyone. Sometimes I call my bank CC and they respond within 5-7 mins, but there was a time I called them and it took almost 1 hour before someone responded.

My thoughts exactly, before I got activated last week, my last call ended with me dropping the call after almost 20mins without a response. Even mails sent to CC where only responded to today after more than a week..

2 Likes

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by YOUNGELDER1(m): 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
Mrluv:
pls can use explain how i can get to apapa mall is like you are familar with ajegunle me abi jjc here

I’m not familiar

I’ve never been to apapa mall.
I’ve got cousins there.
Should be easy to locate but if you can’t locate apapa mall.

You’re best bet is Slot surulere.

N50 to Suru Alaba
Another N50 to Doyin (Orile)

Then you either take Keke to Slot or you just
Take bike N200 from Doyin to Slot.
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Megalodonus: 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
greenhulk:

When/where did I say OP was lying?
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Megalodonus: 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
greenhulk:

Seriously? In case u don't know I have been using Ntel a long time before u even heard of it. I'm one of those that enjoyed the service right from when they launched, so say what u know. Ntel is a 4g only network, if u put ur phone on auto it won't work, both on phones and modems. This is why their voice service is only on VOLTE, (no GSM) also why they launched the VOXhd app so devices that don't support VOLTE can still use their voice service with the VOXhd app. If u want to know more about Ntel I can school u. And who told u not all phones have 4g only? In some phones it is called LTE/CDMA like in the picture below. That is my phone and LTE/CDMA means 4g only while LTE/GSM/UMTS is multi mode, clicking that will let u choose auto, 3g only or gsm only.

Does the VoxHd app still work? I can't get it to install on my A5 2017.
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by ryfoz(m): 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2018
Megalodonus:
NTEL WAWU data bundles;
1k=12GB
2.5K=24GB
3K=48GB
7.5K=96GB

All bundles are at 500% bonus for 1 year after SIM activation e.g. 3k normally gives you 8GB but because of 500% bonus you get 48GB (8GB+40GB)

Note: You can't subscribe for unlimited data bundle on WAWU Sim.

I'm not seeing validity period in this denominations, neither have seen their validity in this thread so far but from what I have read from other places I hear it's 3days & 1 week plans, monthly cost a lot more than this

Pls kindly help me clear the confusion....I just wanna get the facts straight
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by dkronicle(m): 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2018
Megalodonus:

When your SIM has been activated NTEL will give you 10GB free data. Once that bonus expires the 1k that you paid will give you another 12GB. In essence you get 22GB for 1k first recharge. I'm supposed to get cumulative data of 58GB.
mehn thats large bro, I'm in Abeokuta currently, can i get it here ?
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Delightful8(f): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
Megalodonus:

OP call their customer care line on 0700 ntel live (press the corresponding number to the letters) and tell them your line is activation barred. I had the same problem, I bought a WAWU Sim and a conventional SIM on Monday 11th June. Normal SIM started working immediately but WAWU wasn't activated. Called C-care last Saturday, line got activated within 24 hours. Still waiting for dem to give me d free 10GB sha, but I don't care. 3k gives you 48GB which other network you go see dat one?

Which of the data bundle gives 48Gb for 3k
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Pchain: 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
I suffered from nTel, even tho its their network i'm currently connected with,
I called them over 12 times at intervals from 11am to 4pm no response.
I just did one thing I yabbed them on twitter with over 20 mails and finally got response.

Did i forget to add, calling them with another provider ain't toll free!!1

1 Like

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by Mrluv(m): 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:

I’m not familiar

I’ve never been to apapa mall.
I’ve got cousins there.
Should be easy to locate but if you can’t locate apapa mall.

You’re best bet is Slot surulere.

N50 to Suru Alaba
Another N50 to Doyin (Orile) ok thank bro

Then you either take Keke to Slot or you just
Take bike N200 from Doyin to Slot.
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by DMegalodonus: 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
ryfoz:

I'm not seeing validity period in this denominations, neither have seen their validity in this thread so far but from what I have read from other places I hear it's 3days & 1 week plans, monthly cost a lot more than this

Pls kindly help me clear the confusion....I just wanna get the facts straight

They are all monthly data bundles.
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by DMegalodonus: 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2018
dkronicle:
mehn thats large bro, I'm in Abeokuta currently, can i get it here ?
No network there. Only Lagos, Abuja and PH, i think.
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by DMegalodonus: 10:46pm On Jun 19, 2018
Delightful8:

Which of the data bundle gives 48Gb for 3k
I no understand u o, bros. D answer dey ur question.
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by dkronicle(m): 11:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
DMegalodonus:

No network there. Only Lagos, Abuja and PH, i think.

Chaii

2 Likes

Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by martolux(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2018
I beg make dem come Kwara quick, me i cannot wait to break my glo sim fa grin
Re: NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!! by chumakk: 8:21am On Jun 20, 2018
Ntel is the best. Don't even go there. Go and register your sim again or email care@ntel.com.ng and they will solve your problem. They read and reply message

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Xiaomi Compilation Thread / Airtel Binge Plan Is A Scam / Infinix Note 4 – Is It Really Worth The Upgrade?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.