Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,590 members, 7,801,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks (1049 Views)

Share Your “ Feel At Home” Experiences With Visitors. / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by Daniwes: 8:45am On Jun 19, 2018
I m posting here cos I guess I need some advice. I m in a major financial hurdle at the moment. I had an unfortunate incident which is in the process of copping me up of over $10,000(ten thousand dollars) and potentially higher. I now find myself thinking sleeping and dreaming of this debt that will be hanging on me. I sometimes think I m not man enough cos I look at those making big financial decisions daily in their companies and ask myself if I cant bear this debt, will I be able to handle something bigger. I m someone who likes to avoid anything which will make me loose money, and guard the little I make because deep down, I find every dollar I make as a lucky dollar I may not see tomorrow.

This is my personal pseudo-diary. I am someone who is averse to responsibilities, its why I cant bear the thoughts of kids if I don't have a stable career. I would normally save money in a certain safe account where I would think that if life goes sour, I can fall back to it in due time and "run away", however, I am now potentially faced with an unexpected debt. The thought is killing me badly. I ve not even been able to go out, just feeling depressed about these things. I m imagining my future and all, and how I am going to come out of these debts.

Today, I was thinking about my granddad who went through the civil war with over 8 kids, lost everything, and still rebuilt from scratch. Wish I could sit with him now to advise me how he did it. I know there are tough people here on nairaland, people who have gone through situations or currently living through "crazy" situations yet not being fussed. How do you do it?. How do you wake up everyday living and planning life when a situation is about to mess with you. Right now, I am not motivated to do anything till I know the full extent of the debts and related associated problems I may face.

I would like to think of myself as a free spirit who hates been tied. I will never do something if I felt tied up. Its why I will rather have $20000 in the bank and no "life" to having just $200, living life and waiting for the next paycheck cos I have a job. I always want to believe I can do anything I want to do.
Guys, pls share how you deal with life's challenges. I know some of you have these situations as well as other extended family/ relationship/business problems. I just need some advise

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by Noloss(f): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
Daniwes:
I m posting here cos I guess I need some advice. I m in a major financial hurdle at the moment. I had an unfortunate incident which is in the process of copping me up of over $10,000(ten thousand dollars) and potentially higher. I now find myself thinking sleeping and dreaming of this debt that will be hanging on me. I sometimes think I m not man enough cos I look at those making big financial decisions daily in their companies and ask myself if I cant bear this debt, will I be able to handle something bigger. I m someone who likes to avoid anything which will make me loose money, and guard the little I make because deep down, I find every dollar I make as a lucky dollar I may not see tomorrow.

This is my personal pseudo-diary. I am someone who is averse to responsibilities, its why I cant bear the thoughts of kids if I don't have a stable career. I would normally save money in a certain safe account where I would think that if life goes sour, I can fall back to it in due time and "run away", however, I am now potentially faced with an unexpected debt. The thought is killing me badly. I ve not even been able to go out, just feeling depressed about these things. I m imagining my future and all, and how I am going to come out of these debts.

Today, I was thinking about my granddad who went through the civil war with over 8 kids, lost everything, and still rebuilt from scratch. Wish I could sit with him now to advise me how he did it. I know there are tough people here on nairaland, people who have gone through situations or currently living through "crazy" situations yet not being fussed. How do you do it?. How do you wake up everyday living and planning life when a situation is about to mess with you. Right now, I am not motivated to do anything till I know the full extent of the debts and related associated problems I may face.

I would like to think of myself as a free spirit who hates been tied. I will never do something if I felt tied up. Its why I will rather have $20000 in the bank and no "life" to having just $200, living life and waiting for the next paycheck cos I have a job. I always want to believe I can do anything I want to do.
Guys, pls share how you deal with life's challenges. I know some of you have these situations as well as other extended family/ relationship/business problems. I just need some advise

I think u have taken the first necessary step by sharing ur fears because problem shared is half solved.

Be determined. Whatever happens, don't give up. Your grand dad did not give up and that was why he could pick up pieces of his life together.

Pray to God for help.
Re: How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by gaby(m): 6:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
Daniwes:

Dear friend and brother, most times a life without major set backs is an incomplete one. You were never promised the absence of setbacks, trials and tribulations, the promise as I understand it was that they'd surely come, but consuming you they will not, only on one condition-that is if you'd refuse vehemently to allow yourself get sucked in and consumed by your down time.

My dear brother, have you ever been to a metal smeltering factory, or witnessed a raw gold in its virgin form and the process of fiery furnacing it goes through before coming out as what we all admire today and want to give an arm and a leg to own one?

I don't know how old you are or how much of the life you have experienced, not like age is a determinant factor, but I'm led to tell you today that the way you suppose you know to live life or try to absorb or cushion yourself from what you really lack any control over is wholesomely skewed.

In life our experiences, set backs, trials and tribulations might come in different forms or degrees, but their impacts often times remain same.

You might want to believe in your own little smartness and as such think you could guard yourself against the unforeseen..emphasis on the word unforeseen. Now tell me how do you guard or protect yourself against the unknown or that which you lack any control over.

This my friend is what life is. If it'destined for you to meet these setbacks to enable you reach your destined eldorado, trust me you can't get one over life by cutting corners. The only secret I can share with you is not to stay seated or bent over on the floor whenever it happens. Simply pick up yourself, learn the lesson life threw at you with the set back and get going not minding the mockers or nay sayers because they sure will abound while on this journey.

Now brother I'm going to tell you a tad about me and my story I'm not always proud to share, I only do to encourage and teach folks like you.

At 24, I happened on some easy money, though by crooked means. Having grown up around heavy duty machineries and fancied them I always saw myself owning machineries or trucks. When the money reached me, I took myself to a major truck dealer on the German/Holland border with the money carefully tucked away in between my third leg. Upon arriving the dealership, almost everyone ignored and looked down on me. Of course I was some young black African most likely a refugee they had thought. Realizing no one would attend to me, I requested to see the owner and I was shown his office. I told him I want to buy trucks he thought I was crazy, I told him I was serious and reached in between my third leg and brought out the envelope containing the wad of 500 Euro bills. He immediately got up and asked me along to the yard where the trucks were lined up. I pointed the first, second up until the fifth and told him I loved those. He named his prices after a little haggle we reached an agreement and I paid him. He gave me the shippers numbers, I called negotiated and settled on the shipping cost, gave him the money for shipping and asked they deliver to the shippers. Before long I'd gotten two more to the fleet, they got engaged with the Delta state DLA under Ibori's regime. My trucks were amongst the trucks that built up most parts of Asaba to what it is today.

I don tire will continue..keep strong no fear life or anybody..nothing dey happen. If person threaten you say e go kill you, tell am say no wahala at least you go senior am for anywhere wey dead people dey go so you dey wait for am...
Thats how I roll bro..no time to check time..Jah bless

Check out my signature for my story..you'd be encouraged...this is become my calling and my religion..motivating and loving people.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by KanwuliaExtra: 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
You take little steps. kiss
Do what you can do and leave the rest o.

You don’t take WEALTH or DEBT to the grave.
Don’t sleep with financial worries as your pillow.
If you cannot achieve a large goal, deal with the smaller ones first.

Each chip of debt you knock off will lighten your load. kiss

Debt will always come and go.
Work double time, spend wisely and save! kiss

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by Ewuro4: 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
Don’t give up OP.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by Daniwes: 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2018
gaby:

Dear friend and brother, most times a life without major set backs is an incomplete one. You were never promised the absence of setbacks, trials and tribulations, the promise as I understand it was that they'd surely come, but consuming you they will not, only on one condition-that is if you'd refuse vehemently to allow yourself get sucked in and consumed by your down time.

My dear brother, have you ever been to a metal smeltering factory, or witnessed a raw gold in its virgin form and the process of fiery furnacing it goes through before coming out as what we all admire today and want to give an arm and a leg to own one?

I don't know how old you are or how much of the life you have experienced, not like age is a determinant factor, but I'm led to tell you today that the way you suppose you know to live life or try to absorb or cushion yourself from what you really lack any control over is wholesomely skewed.

In life our experiences, set backs, trials and tribulations might come in different forms or degrees, but their impacts often times remain same.

You might want to believe in your own little smartness and as such think you could guard yourself against the unforeseen..emphasis on the word unforeseen. Now tell me how do you guard or protect yourself against the unknown or that which you lack any control over.

This my friend is what life is. If it'destined for you to meet these setbacks to enable you reach your destined eldorado, trust me you can't get one over life by cutting corners. The only secret I can share with you is not to stay seated or bent over on the floor whenever it happens. Simply pick up yourself, learn the lesson life threw at you with the set back and get going not minding the mockers or nay sayers because they sure will abound while on this journey.

Now brother I'm going to tell you a tad about me and my story I'm not always proud to share, I only do to encourage and teach folks like you.

At 24, I happened on some easy money, though by crooked means. Having grown up around heavy duty machineries and fancied them I always saw myself owning machineries or trucks. When the money reached me, I took myself to a major truck dealer on the German/Holland border with the money carefully tucked away in between my third leg. Upon arriving the dealership, almost everyone ignored and looked down on me. Of course I was some young black African most likely a refugee they had thought. Realizing no one would attend to me, I requested to see the owner and I was shown his office. I told him I want to buy trucks he thought I was crazy, I told him I was serious and reached in between my third leg and brought out the envelope containing the wad of 500 Euro bills. He immediately got up and asked me along to the yard where the trucks were lined up. I pointed the first, second up until the fifth and told him I loved those. He named his prices after a little haggle we reached an agreement and I paid him. He gave me the shippers numbers, I called negotiated and settled on the shipping cost, gave him the money for shipping and asked they deliver to the shippers. Before long I'd gotten two more to the fleet, they got engaged with the Delta state DLA under Ibori's regime. My trucks were amongst the trucks that built up most parts of Asaba to what it is today.

I don tire will continue..keep strong no fear life or anybody..nothing dey happen. If person threaten you say e go kill you, tell am say no wahala at least you go senior am for anywhere wey dead people dey go so you dey wait for am...
Thats how I roll bro..no time to check time..Jah bless

Check out my signature for my story..you'd be encouraged...this is become my calling and my religion..motivating and loving people.

Thanks bro.. Coincidenctly I am currently at the same age you described. I appreciate you shared your story I may relate to, I just want to get personal experiences as I had different plans, till this incident just made hope bleak.
Would be great if you continue the story. Cheers
Re: How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by Daniwes: 10:14pm On Jun 19, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
You take little steps. kiss
Do what you can do and leave the rest o.

Tho don’t take WEALTH or DEBT to the grave.
Don’t sleep with financial worries as your pillow.
If you cannot achieve a large goal, deal with the smaller ones first.

Each chip of debt you knock off will lighten your load. kiss

Debt will always come and go.
Work double time, spend wisely and save! kiss
Thanks, but what do you mean don't take wealth or debt to the grave?
Re: How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by KanwuliaExtra: 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2018
Daniwes:

Thanks, but what do you mean don't take wealth or debt to the grave?

I meant you do not take wealth or debt to grave, so take life easy.

Spend less, save more. kiss
Re: How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by Celsony: 8:55am On Jun 20, 2018
Just take life as it comes and try to think less of the problem and more of the solution. God see you thru
Re: How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by edoman2016: 10:02am On Jun 20, 2018
Daniwes:

How did you get so indebted? Are you into gambling or get quick rich scheme? Elaborate on how the debt came up.
Re: How Do You Deal With Setbacks? Share Your Experiences With Major Setbacks by Daniwes: 4:08am On Jun 21, 2018
edoman2016:

How did you get so indebted? Are you into gambling or get quick rich scheme? Elaborate on how the debt came up.
Pls how old are you... Gambling and get rich schemes or what you call is is basically what we tell kids growing up to avoid. But I know better that life can hit you badly in ways not expected. Got a friend who happily thought he was going to buy a property, only to just loose $5k in the process the deal failed. All within minutes. I was involved in a motor vehicle incident, where minor technicalities can coff you up of tens of thousands

(1) (Reply)

Dear Woman The Man Is Head Of The Home / My Husband’s Manhood Is Too Big / Should Parents With Little Kids Have Househelp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.