Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. (2623 Views)

How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) / The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires (2020) / How I Got A Content Writing Job With A European Company That Changed My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 10:47am On Jun 19, 2018
If you know me many years back, you will know I was a wretched,poor man finding it difficult to have 3 square meals and provide for my family.

The level of shame that comes from not being able to find a good covering over your family and children head cannot be quantified.

I always find it difficult to pay my children school fees because there was no money.
It was so terrible,i sometimes contemplate suicide.

Now, the story has changed.
I want to thank God and all the people that I met on my way to success who guide and help me through.

One of the person I am grateful to is Mr Yusuff Gbenga who I first met on nairaland as "lesgupnigeria" (the popular agribusinessman) who introduced me to agribusiness.
He runs an agribusiness investment

I started with an acre of land leased to me by him and that was how the journey began.
I also invest into some of his projects ranging from cassava,plantain,cashew and livestocks to generate some source of revenue to take care of the home front while I build the business.

My partnership with him has been a life changing.

Another person who has also been a tremendous help is my spiritual father.
I am not trying to sound spiritual but when you are facing challenges bigger than you,you have to focus on the power you think is bigger than you and your problem.
I was thought on the things of God

Although, there were lots of business and personal challenges on the way which I will talk about later on on this thread.

The main purpose of sharing this is to assist those of you who are broke and poor thinking about suicide and wanting to give up on your dreams.
I want to let you know that you have found someone that was in your shoe and have made it.

Now, I can boast of assets worth millions and doing good in business.

....To be continued

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by Othnial: 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2018
Good day sir,
Please continue I am interested to know more coz am in the same shoes right now.
God bless you.
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by Ruby12: 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2018
farming is truly the way out of poverty. I commend you for your efforts. you have gone from being a lazy Nigerian youth to a hard working Nigerian youth. please Nigerians learn from him and stop being lazy
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2018
awoniyisunmonu:
If you know me many years back, you will know I was a wretched,poor man finding it difficult to have 3 square meals and provide for my family.

The level of shame that comes from not being able to find a good covering over your family and children head cannot be quantified.

I always find it difficult to pay my children school fees because there was no money.
It was so terrible,i sometimes contemplate suicide.

Now, the story has changed.
I want to thank God and all the people that I met on my way to success who guide and help me through.

One of the person I am grateful to is Mr Yusuff Gbenga who I first met on nairaland as "lesgupnigeria" (the popular agribusinessman) who introduced me to agribusiness.
He runs an agribusiness investment

I started with an acre of land leased to me by him and that was how the journey began.
I also invest into some of his projects ranging from cassava,plantain,cashew and livestocks to generate some source of revenue to take care of the home front while I build the business.

My partnership with him has been a life changing.

Another person who has also been a tremendous help is my spiritual father.
I am not trying to sound spiritual but when you are facing challenges bigger than you,you have to focus on the power you think is bigger than you and your problem.
I was thought on the things of God

Although, there were lots of business and personal challenges on the way which I will talk about later on on this thread.

The main purpose of sharing this is to assist those of you who are broke and poor thinking about suicide and wanting to give up on your dreams.
I want to let you know that you have found someone that was in your shoe and have made it.

Now, I can boast of assets worth millions and doing good in business.

....To be continued

you this man!
congratulations
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by peeps4u: 7:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
Lesgupnigeria:

you this man!
congratulations
Hello bro, please how can I chat up with you? got something to discuss with you.
Thanks
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by Sambai65(m): 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
Please how can I get your contact
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by lugiano1: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ok
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by Abovee122: 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
I'm following you up brother. I'm also a family man and life is not easy out there. The pressure is pretty too much. May God have mercy. Have never interest in Agriculture before but now all road na road oh. Lol
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
Othnial:
Good day sir,
Please continue I am interested to know more coz am in the same shoes right now.
God bless you.
Amen.Thanks
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ruby12:
farming is truly the way out of poverty. I commend you for your efforts. you have gone from being a lazy Nigerian youth to a hard working Nigerian youth. please Nigerians learn from him and stop being lazy
Right. Thanks
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by Tolzeal(m): 6:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
Following Congratulations on your success.... smiley smiley
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
Lesgupnigeria:
you this man! congratulations
oga boss. my 2 hands are up o.
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2018
My challenges and My Lessons

I made a lot of mistakes which I will share for the benefits of people who are like me then and want to change their financial status.

I was desperately in need of money to sort out some basic needs and was looking out for business to start. The first farm business I venture into was a miserable experience because I was focusing too much on the money than what value I wanted to deliver to people.
So I lost all of the money.
It was like the whole heaven falling on your head.

Not until I speak with some people who help out by providing professional advice in this regards especially lesgupnigeria who was of tremendous help

My Lesson
In every thing you want to do especially in business, you need a mentor or experience partner to work with you.

...keep following as I continue my story tomorrow
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by sashishalom(f): 5:47am On Jun 21, 2018
awoniyisunmonu:

I made a lot of mistakes which I will share for the benefits of people who are like me then and want to change their financial status.

I was desperately in need of money to sort out some basic needs and was looking out for business to start. The first farm business I venture into was a miserable experience because I was focusing too much on the money than what value I wanted to deliver to people.

Not until I speak with some people who help out by providing professional advice in this regards especially lesgupnigeria who was of tremendous help

My Lesson
In every thing you want to do especially in business, you need a mentor or experience partner to work with you.

Please continue
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by bandabear: 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
Let's Implement Digital Marketing That Get You GET 10X Results, Awareness, Leads and SALES!

Content is the fire.
Promotion is the gasoline and when you rightly mix the two,
You unleash incredible quantum of result-based business spark.
That is the language we understand at Ultra Digital

• Twitter Trending
• Instagram Paid Ads
• Content Creation and Syndication
• Social Media Management
• Email Marketing & Automation
• Onsite and Offsite SEO Implementation
• FB Paid Ad Marketing
• Google Adwords Marketing
• Blogs Contents Research, Management and Syndication
• Forums Paid Ads & Management
• Marketplaces Paid Ads
• PLUS MUCH MORE

Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
peeps4u:

Hello bro, please how can I chat up with you? got something to discuss with you.
Thanks
You can chat me up on whatsapp 08164628081.
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
sashishalom:

Please continue
Okay.
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
Abovee122:
I'm following you up brother. I'm also a family man and life is not easy out there. The pressure is pretty too much. May God have mercy. Have never interest in Agriculture before but now all road na road oh. Lol
Thanks for following.
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2018
This is what I learnt from one of my experience .

One of the lesson I learnt is don't think short term, think and do agribusiness that can generate cashflow on the long term.
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2018
All this long talk is really tiresome. Why not go straight to the point and save our time......and our lives.
Please hit the nail on the head, no need for long stories. Somebody is out there about to hang himself out of frustration and is just waiting to see if there's any hope on this thread.

Go straight to the point and leave the lessons after. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by Othnial: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2018
Nnaabros:
All this long talk is really tiresome. Why not go straight to the point and save our time......and our lives.
Please hit the nail on the head, no need for long stories. Somebody is out there about to hang himself out of frustration and is just waiting to see if there's any hope on this thread.

Go straight to the point and leave the lessons after. Thanks

God bless you brother, I wonder why he is prolonging the thread.
Please Sir go straight to the point

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2018
sorry people for not updating you often as I have been very busy with my business

what I want you to know is that hardworking, challenges, difficulty of so many years cannot be told in a day.

Having said that, one thing I wish to say here is that nobody cares about whether you survive in this country or not.

There was a time I was helping people dispose their waste, I will wake up in the morning and start visiting houses of those who has waste to dispose.

I even joined a political party in a bid to secure even a contract job, I work and work, visited so many government official but to no end.

I was Introduced to online business,after sometimes I left that as well because it was tiring and no tangible money was coming out of it.

it was a hell.

There was a time there was drought in the area where i farm, there was another time my crop was attacked by pests, another time we are finding it difficult to sell, another time it was transportation.

all in all, I survive and now a success.
my brothers and sisters,things are not so rosy as many potray it, it's harder for some people but that does not give you permission to give up or commit suicide.stay calm and always be positive about your situation.

my advice for people that does not like their present condition and what to change their financial level
1. Always stay positive. There are many reasons to always be negative,lack of money, lack of good food/food, family matters, debt etc but don't think it for a second.
cast all your burdens on God.
Never worry for a second, it's just a passing phase, it will soon pass.

2.Have a mentor. I failed in other businesses maybe because I don't have people who can encourage me, support me and mentor me.
I also faced a lot of challenges in my agribusiness but because I have people around me, it gives me advantage of pressing on.
I can recommend lesgupnigeria on agric section if you are interested in agribusiness,you can also do your due diligence on people who are in the business field you are interested in,and who are not for the money alone but also willing to help and support you to succceed

3.Dont be a lazy youth and expect manna from heaven.
work your ass up,if you are not enjoying a business, move to another, if it's not looking like it, go for another maybe you will find someone who will help you and change your destiny either financial support or otherwise.
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2018
having a successful business is one of the most rewarding thing to happen to someone but maintaining that is another thing.

there was a season I was feeling in top of the world, things were going smoothly, good staff, good sales were coming,revenue was up and everybody was feeling good not until we have problems.

how do you survive when you have a little challenge is another thing.

there was a time I had rainstorm on the farm that destroy my cassava, there was a time I gave my workers money to buy insecticides to spray on the farm, went ahead and buy herbicides and destroy it.
series of challenges that breaks heart.
you have to face them and overcome them if you still want to continue winning.
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 6:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
Happy Sunday and happy resting day for everyone.
Wish every agropreneur nairalander prosperous week ahead

Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2018
After two months you've still not made any point or clarified what your proferring. Keep preaching to yourself

1 Like

Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2018
Nnaabros:
After two months you've still not made any point or clarified what your proferring. Keep preaching to yourself
My brother, this is one of the post that contains a lot of lessons I learnt on the way,if you can just get this one right,you are made.
Maybe you didn't read it,I don't know

My Lesson

1 Like

Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 11:54am On Aug 30, 2018
I will never be where I am if I had listen to negative people.They will tell you that you can't achieve this,you can't do that but whatever a man believe is possible can be done.
believe in yourself,run away from negative people and race for your dream.
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
g
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
A friend once told me that what I am going into is so risky and require a huge capital, he advised me that I should not think of starting at all.

few months after I started,I told him that I have started
how did you start?do you borrow from your uncle? do you get loan?how do you do it?

"I have heard a lot of people telling me that the business is not good,that a lot of people are failing in that business"

after another few months,I told him that we just made some profits
he said "how do you make profit?" "do you think this profit can sustain you for long time?" " how will you sustain your family with this?"
we are now doing very well.imagine if I had listen to him and not start then.

I just had to discard him and not discuss anything about my business again.

Why am I sharing this
1.Discard negative people from your life
2.If you want something,go for it,don't think about money or challenges involve. There is nothing in this world that doesn't have challenge of its own.
you don't have to have big money in your bank account to start.Be humble to start small and grow it.
Re: My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. by awoniyisunmonu(m): 11:49am On Sep 05, 2018
g

(1) (Reply)

I Need Haulage Companies/managers To Manage My Trucks / Ekit Sim Card, Usa Sim Card, Uk Sim Card, Eu, Aus & Us Numbers Now In Nigeria / Air Compressor Machine (jack Hammer) For Hire In Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.