Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:04 AM

"Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey (40869 Views)

Things That Can Weaken A Man's Erection By Dr Olufunmilayo / Some Labs Are Giving False HIV Results In Lagos - Doctor Olufunmilayo / Doctor Olufunmilayo: "3 Minutes Is Enough For Sex, You Don't Need Drugs At All" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by salford1: 12:26am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:
Na so. They think it is that easy. All the gra gra of getting a visa alone will discourage many. How about my church member who was a doctor in Nigeria? The guy sold his house and traveled to the US with his family over 16 years ago, only to hear that he has given up on his dream of practicing as a medical doctor in the states and has settled for menial jobs like nursing assistant. People are lured by the nice salary doctors earn overseas like how some doctors earn over $200,000 a year and with specialty that number balloons to over $300,000. What they don't realize is how difficult it is to get residency. So many American trained medical students are even finding it difficult to get residency let alone foreigners. Moreover, they sometimes require them to take some other exams or fufill a course requirement which many fail to accomplish.

If these doctors are threatening to leave the country, they should let them, after all, there are many students praying to gain admission for medicine to replace them.
North America is on a diffedent level.
The health sector in Canada for example is highly regulated to a ridiculous level that it is almost if not mission impossible for IMGs to break in.

The UK or Ireland makes it easy for IMGs to penetrate their health sector though.

4 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 21, 2018
mansamusa08:

Eyya! But nobody notice that except you.
Hahahah Savage, I don't know if he expect us to give a fuvk about nurses, they can leave for all we care, doctors are the koko grin.
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Lexusgs430: 12:28am On Jun 21, 2018
resurgent2019:

Don’t mind that one. He had probably been denied visa one too many times, so he’s now bitter and claiming false patriotism.

What is good about Nigeria?

Maybe he intends to buy a private jet..... Or he thinks travelling to the abroad, is like travelling from Lagos to Imo state (just an example)......

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by OEChika: 12:29am On Jun 21, 2018
Follygunners:

Why are we soo gullible and ignorant in Nigeria? Why are we the way we are?

Cuz you didn't visit the hospital for the past 21yrs doesn't mean you won't be visiting one tomorrow or in the near future.. change ur mindset, FOOL!

Just imagine what you just wrote... what if a mishap or accident (road accident, violent attack, bodily injury et al...) happens to you nko? Or do you think the victims or patients in the hospital are sick pple or less fortunate than your foolish self? angry

This country is really in danger with the kind of citizens and this their regressive mentality. Nigeria is doomed, I swear!

You sef ...you read this but chose not to understand ...quite bad.... he didn't say he won't, he said thank God he hasn't...

If you believe in God,i think that is enough reason to thank God....

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Follygunners: 12:29am On Jun 21, 2018
[quote author=olaade21 post=68674801][/quote]

No wonder... you nvr took 'em. You get too many issues be dat then.

Yaba Left straight!
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by trilobite: 12:32am On Jun 21, 2018
Colourich:
Who said there ain't enough doctors in Nigeria?

Quantity is different from quality. If the old keep leaving to be replaced by inexperienced new, how do we replace the aging experienced doctors.

Say hello to more medical mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:
Na so. They think it is that easy. All the gra gra of getting a visa alone will discourage many. How about my church member who was a doctor in Nigeria? The guy sold his house and traveled to the US with his family over 16 years ago, only to hear that he has given up on his dream of practicing as a medical doctor in the states and has settled for menial jobs like nursing assistant. People are lured by the nice salary doctors earn overseas like how some doctors earn over $200,000 a year and with specialty that number balloons to over $300,000. What they don't realize is how difficult it is to get residency. So many American trained medical students are even finding it difficult to get residency let alone foreigners. Moreover, they sometimes require them to take some other exams or fufill a course requirement which many fail to accomplish.

If these doctors are threatening to leave the country, they should let them, after all, there are many students praying to gain admission for medicine to replace them.
You're informed. US messes with foreign doctors no be small. I know many Nigerian and Philippine doctors who have given up with and have settled as Nurses.

4 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Bamz(m): 12:34am On Jun 21, 2018
Facebooker:
Its MY birthday.

FTC

Where are my likes?

Facebooker:

What kind of news is this now on my birthday.
I came here to see censored and censored. Nothing more pleasing than that. But I'm disappointed. Where is the video?
FTCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!
It's my birthday. Likes please!!

cheesy 2 birthdays in one year

5 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by missyadorable(f): 12:35am On Jun 21, 2018
resurgent2019:

Please can we chat via mail, pm, anything. I am a lawyer too and I need certain info from you.

Edit: just drop any channel I can contact you with.

Sorry, I don't contact internet men.
Nothing but bunches of f****k boys

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by ardrockltd(m): 12:36am On Jun 21, 2018
may God help us
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by darwinbrown(f): 12:36am On Jun 21, 2018
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:37am On Jun 21, 2018
The UK based doctor thinks Buhari gives a shít

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by olaade21: 12:43am On Jun 21, 2018
Follygunners:

No wonder... you nvr took 'em. You get too many issues be dat then.

Yaba Left straight!

I just dropped your family there. No forget to visit them. Sir were.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by bidemi1190: 12:43am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:

bros you have said it all. Its not all about passing but matching for residency. Very very difficult, the only chance is if you school there and medicine in US and UK is mostly 8 to 9yrs. 4 yrs for undergrad and 4 to 5 yrs for med sch. How many nigerians fit afford $65000 to $100000 in tuition.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by salford1: 12:44am On Jun 21, 2018
themonk:

Is the Boldened your personal theory?

In reality Nigerian doctors are fleeing nigeria in mass due to low pay. Even my cousin and others I know who are doctors are running away. So I think I believe the statistics the OP stated.
The problem is that Nigeria is a 3rd world country that can barely afford to pay all profession well and not just doctors.

E.g Do you know that some police department in developed countries pay their recruits as high as $70,000 per year?

Human wants are unlimited. The same doctors that flee to UK would eventually complain of low pay in the UK too and start looking for ways to flee to Australia or the United states for better pay. The same way alot of North American engineers flee to the middle east for better pay.

It's just a bleeped up cycle really.

9 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by sayisayi(m): 12:48am On Jun 21, 2018
Many jobs here in the UK for doctors..mlook at NHS Wales too, they are hungry for African doctors. Just leave ego and village practices in naija when you board plane

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by jumpmasta(m): 12:48am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:

Another pathetic ignorant liar

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by enemyofprogress: 12:49am On Jun 21, 2018
Herbalist go take over be dat now
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Grupo(m): 12:51am On Jun 21, 2018
missyadorable:

Sorry, I don't contact internet men.
Nothing but bunches of f****k boys

Such a myopic response from a supposedly exposed, enlightened and "learned" person.

If all the internet men who have ever contacted you were fvckboys, then it speaks volumes of the kind of person you are.

For goodness sake, you ladies need to change this mindset of "every man wants to sleep with me." You made a comment and it probably piqued the guys curiosity and he wanted to inquire more. Perhaps, he's also a lawyer looking to seek greener pastures overseas but your immature dumb ass already termed him a fvckboy. I don't really blame you, I blame the sex starved idiots that give undue attention to people like you on the internet.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by bidemi1190: 12:53am On Jun 21, 2018
Na to pass, na matching for residency as an img,very very difficult. Even oyibo dem neva match.na factory work dey call them. Only small assurance was if they schooled there . Hw many nigerians can afford 20-37million naira a year as cost of attendance excluding 4yrs of non med school oh because to be a doctor, you must spend 8 to 9yrs.
rentAcock:

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Alva2018: 12:57am On Jun 21, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Grupo(m): 1:09am On Jun 21, 2018
It's high time doctors stopped blackmailing Nigerians. If they want to leave, let them leave abeg. After all, their presence is not being felt by the Nigeria populace.

Many of them thought medicine was a poverty alleviation program only for them to graduate to realize that doctors don't earn much. Now, they want to run to places where people who only have passion study medicine. No one is saying they should not leave. Let them do it quietly and stop all the buzz. It's beginning to seem like they are subtly using the migration threat to press for something else.

In Nigeria today, almost everyone is leaving. Almost all the good tech guys I know in Lagos have left. These days, to see a good "common front end developer" is very hard.

Nobody is being paid well in Nigeria, so doctors should shut the Bleep up or leave once and for all. This blackmail is getting out of hand.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Follygunners: 1:10am On Jun 21, 2018
OEChika:

You sef ...you read this but chose not to understand ...quite bad.... he didn't say he won't, he said thank God he hasn't...

If you believe in God,i think that is enough reason to thank God....

That's is one of my points... the regressive mentality of religion has eaten away the little common sense left in most of us. Everything is religion this, God that... No one accepts responsibility for their actions.

We have an insensitive way of rubbing things in other pple's face in the name of "praising" or "thanking" God.
Can't we do it in a more subtle way to avoid coming across as negative?

So many pple die daily, falls sick and stuff way beyond their control... yet they worship this same God. So, are they abandoned by God or just another random misfortune that could befall any one? undecided

The thing is, Nigeria is NOT the only nation (not even among saints) that praises God but, others do it with true Godliness while being sensitive of other pple's predicaments or demise. undecided Till you're personally affected, you'll never understand.

Again, there're more than BILLION things wrong with this nation, I swear! angry Of course, 90% of my points, you will never understand. Sad.

5 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by kingPhidel(m): 1:15am On Jun 21, 2018
Toh.....

We will be using agbo herbs for now. Pending on when the next administration favours em.

Hit like for support

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by baby124: 1:22am On Jun 21, 2018
FG will soon start paying Nigerians to attend medical college. Lmao. Maybe give them scholarship with the promise that they must work for government for 10yrs. The ones on PHD scholarship should be 20yrs mandatory service to FG.
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by rentAcock(m): 1:30am On Jun 21, 2018
jumpmasta:

Another pathetic ignorant liar

Ode, where's the lie?

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 21, 2018
And Buhari does not seem to care.
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:

could be he didnt pass the medical exam he was required to write there, there's no how if he had passed it he would be practicing as a doctor in the US.
Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 21, 2018
missyadorable:
So after relocating to paradise ,you are writing epistles to discourage others from joining you.
Kolewerk!
PLAB, USMLE and other foreign exams on point.

Nigeria doesn't need medical doctors.
After all nobody even appreciates them.
Patients and other health workers including cleaners are fighting them.

I implore every medical doctor to gather resources and leave this country...
God bless you.
I am a lawyer and I am on my way out already.
See you in paradise

Paradise, lol, black man mentality.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 21, 2018
Colourich:
I doubt, more doctors will always flood the Nigeria labour market. The demand for labour will always be below the supply for labour as far as many Nigerians see investment in human capital as a way of alleviating future poverty. So there ain't no fear.
we dont have enough doctors in nigeria. If more doctors leave then more ppl are going to die from easily treatable diseases. There are more quarks than geniuene doctors and the number of quarks will increase with more departure of doctors.God help nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by nahzyla: 2:09am On Jun 21, 2018
Doctors should hurry up and go fast instead of all this noise making. Do they think they are the only profession that is losing members to other countries? I studied one of the health sciences and served in a general hospital. When I served
I knew up to two nurses who planned to relocate after service and from my graduating set in my class I know up to five people who have successfully relocated abroad, more are still trying to go and the more planned to go except that something stopped them, like finances or visa issues.

Other jobs are also leaving en masse, this attitude of medical doctors thinking they are so great and more important than everyone else is why they don't realize that emigration is also common with other professions outside medicine.

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey by Nobody: 2:10am On Jun 21, 2018
deleo16:
angry cry yes it's only in Nigeria where building a first class hospital is now a rocket science ,what stop FG having a well equipped First Class hospital in six geopolitical zone of the country to join the already existing ones so as to stop medical tourism and pay the health workers well OR partner with the private sector to build such and subsidize health bill for citizen instead of oil SMH
GBAM!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jewish Scientists In Nnewi To Conduct DNA Test / Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. / Update On The Family Of Five With Madness As Govt Come To Rescue. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.