Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,910 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) (46664 Views)

Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon / The Moment A Container Truck Fell And Crushed An SUV (Disturbing Video) / The Danfo Wreckage From The Trailer That Fell From Ojuelegba Bridge (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by wonlasewonimi: 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
It's just common sense...restrict heavy duty vehicles from plying the bridge.

2 Likes

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by JAkpayen(m): 11:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
It's a serious issue ooo! I was at LUTH when 2 victims were brought in. 1 was brought in with danfo already paralysed and cannot walk , and the other is unconscious with broken arm. Even the 2nd in command (like assistant CMD) of LUTH and his driver were involved but I think the injury was not severe.

1 Like

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
Where is Lagos State Big Brother, Ambode to come and fix this one too for the people
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by OboOlora(f): 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
JAkpayen:
It's a serious issue ooo! I was at LUTH when 2 victims were brought in. 1 was brought in with danfo already paralysed and cannot walk , and the other is unconscious with broken arm. Even the 2nd in command (like assistant CMD) of LUTH and his driver were involved but I think the injury was not severe.
WTF is assistant CMD, is it CMAC or what?

U sound like a bloody illiterate!
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by 9gerian: 11:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for this useful suggestion.

That is the way to go!

A barrier should be constructed at the foot of the bridge to force articulated vehicles to pass under the bridge.

rusher14:
Looks like they may have to prevent cargo carrying trailers from using the bridge.

Compel them to use the road beneath the bridge.

3 Likes

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Mac2016(m): 11:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
RIP to lost citizens! But what will make our government value our lives? Even with avoidable deaths, they don't seems to care.
As a civil engr, That bridge portion should be de-superelevated and straightened out so that heavy ladened, high CofG truck won't be falling off every now and then! Or at best put "head room" limits on the bridge just like the head bar at lekki-ikoyi bridge so that high CofG vehicles would find another route. Simple! But they won't act even with lives lost.
I dreaded this thing repeating itself and that was why I used the bridge as examples of what govt shd restructure any time I have the opportunity... Now, see it has happened again!
It's so disheartening! People die from mostly avoidable circumstances here in our Africa.
SAD!
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Segeshow: 11:52pm On Jun 19, 2018
[quote author=ipobarecriminals post=68641746] sad He dat keep us will not sleep/slumber.Always put ur Angel to work[/quote

Won ti de o, kalokalo christianity. Where u pay tithe and offering in Africa so bad things that are borne out of a system of lawlessness will not happen to you. So those people in the vehicle,their own angel was asleep abi? Or dem no pay tithe ni. When some aggrieved citizens should come together and make an example of one of these trucking companies and Sue for not securing the container, the add Lagos state as co-defendant for complacency, we will continue to beg God to protect us from our own collective stupidity as a people. I really hate how gullible, superstitious and backward we are in spite of education and exposure. Tuwe!

1 Like

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by updatechange(m): 11:53pm On Jun 19, 2018
Follygunners:
Ni ojuelegba cool
They know my story cool
From holdup studio cool
I be hustle to work ee cool
Ni ojuelegba o cool
Me and CD cool
From holdup studio cool
We been hustle to work ee cool
Ni ojuelegba o cool
My people dey there cool
My people suffer cool
Dem dey pray for blessing eh... cool

*Mo'Dog Studio* not hold up cheesy
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by vioment: 12:01am On Jun 20, 2018
We have been suffering in Nigeria for a long time now. Infrastructure maintenance is zero. Infact many things are zero. God abeg touch hearts in this country.

1 Like

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by uuzba(m): 12:01am On Jun 20, 2018
justtoodark:

you dont need railings....am more worried about the drivers.....and it seems nobody is in charge to control them....

in europe truck drivers have strict laws...try any bullshitt and you will loose your driving license....

they even have a system called maut to force drivers to rest....its a machine thats saves info about how long you are driving.
you must have it in your truck....

In Europe, all their trucks are new or in good road worthy condition. New tires, proper suspension systems, working brakes, good engine condition and not overloaded.

Here, we are so used to bad and damaged vehicles that we think we can call black white.
No matter how you ignore the issue, a bad vehicle is a bad vehicle and it will fall and cause an accident Own up, say it is bad and stop managing it. Accidents like this will just continue to happen until the truck is taken for complete ovehaul and total rebuilding.

3 Likes

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Larryslim(m): 12:03am On Jun 20, 2018
Again??
Different people left their places of work and different places to go home,rest and see their family again,unknowing that all of that will never happen..
Reading this news just sends a shiver down to me,what if it was me??..
The Government needs to do something about this Ojuelegba bridge,the way the containers/trailers turn why passing that bridge is very very scary..
May God comfort the family of the deceased!
Such thing will never happen in our family and to our loved ones!

3 Likes

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Osinowoosibanjo(m): 12:05am On Jun 20, 2018
That policy did not work for them. Nobody tell them to cancelled it.
Emac:
The last time I checked, I thought Lagos State government made it clear that no container loader moves on the high way up until 11pm to 7am. Or did I get a wrong information in a wrong country?
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by KitchenGadgets: 12:05am On Jun 20, 2018
sexdoll:
nothing to cry about

after all, it is the will of GOD. sad

who is God?
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by uuzba(m): 12:07am On Jun 20, 2018
vioment:
We have been suffering in Nigeria for a long time now. Infrastructure maintenance is zero. Infact many things are zero. God abeg touch hearts in this country.
What this country needs is missionaries. A totally different set of thinkers. All of us have been affected by corruption, cheating, breaking of rules, multiple levels of bad habits.
The missionaries will start by training all the children on right and wrong. Following God's 10 commandments. And NO TOLLERANCE FOR "BEING SHARP/SMART".

It is all the SHARP and SMART people who have destroyed this country. We don't need them anymore.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by openmine(m): 12:07am On Jun 20, 2018
for the fact that this same incident happened more than once shows that we don't ever learn from our mistakes and we are bound to keep making this same mistakes until we learn from them.....there will be casualties which is a huge price to pay for our negligence...

I remember that similar incident happened last year and every one was talking about it but two weeks later,every one went on with their own business forgetting that this incident ever happened........Now the same thing is happening again....are we going to react like we always do and forget about this incident after a week or two?

3 Likes

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by JAkpayen(m): 12:07am On Jun 20, 2018
OboOlora:

WTF is assistant CMD, is it CMAC or what?

U sound like a bloody illiterate!
@ cold oranges,
yeah I think CMAC. You know say nothing concern us about school, nah to dey hustle for money we dey about.
Thanks for reducing my illiteracy by 0.5% grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 12:11am On Jun 20, 2018
damoskiy:
That bridge needs repairs... Lagos State has slept too much in looking for solution to that bridge. Almost all the railings are off.

They should work on that bridge... Too many accidents.... Everyone should use under the bridge for a while...

Has nothing to do with the bridge actually. These container trailers are in the most deplorable conditions, sm dangerously slanting to one side and yet been confidently driven on the roads, even with that railing in place such accidents will still occur cos the railing are normally short and the container will still trip over easily.

There shud be a trailers monitoring unit now to check trailers not fit for plying the roads and impound or ban them until they are fixed and Certified road worthy. How many people/lives have to perish b4 the state govt acts and puts necessary measures in place cos this incident occurs way to much in lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Follygunners: 12:12am On Jun 20, 2018
updatechange:

*Mo'Dog Studio* not hold up cheesy

Bros... Me I just copy am online. I go correct am so. Thx tho... grin
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by ItsTime4me(m): 12:13am On Jun 20, 2018
sexdoll:
nothing to cry about

after all, it is the will of GOD. sad
No. It's not God's will.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by uuzba(m): 12:13am On Jun 20, 2018
jaxxy:

Has nothing to do with the bridge actually. These container trailers are in the most deplorable conditions, sm dangerously slanting to one side and yet been confidently driven on the roads, even with that railing in place such accidents will still occur cos the railing are normally short and the container will still trip over easily.

There shud be a trailers monitoring unit now to check trailers not fit for plying the roads and impound or ban them until they are fixed and Certified road worthy. How many people/lives have to perish b4 the state govt acts and puts necessary measures in place cos this incident occurs way to much in lagos.

Don't mind us. We can watch American films very well and see fine trucks like this. Yet it has not entered our head that such fine, well maintained trucks is the reason why Western nations don't have this type of shitty accidents, caused by pure stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by BalogunIdowu(m): 12:18am On Jun 20, 2018
What's the solution to all these parking trucks

2 Likes

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by richie9093(m): 12:23am On Jun 20, 2018
Aladinn:

Ojuelegba... Ojude Elegbara.

(Translation) The spot of Eshu Elegbara.

What do you expect? Coincidence? Something is definitely wrong.

Instead of thinking about what other solutions might be so this will be avoided in the future, you're here already attaching a superstitious belief to it.

That is how an average Nigerian thinks. You bringing superstition into it means in your mind, you have already concluded no solution can be made so this won't happen in the future again.

Black man, Black sense. smfh.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by vioment: 12:24am On Jun 20, 2018
uuzba:

What this country needs is missionaries. A totally different set of thinkers. All of us have been affected by corruption, cheating, breaking of rules, multiple levels of bad habits.
The missionaries will start by training all the children on right and wrong. Following God's 10 commandments. And NO TOLLERANCE FOR "BEING SHARP/SMART".

It is all the SHARP and SMART people who have destroyed this country. We don't need them anymore.

Broda in all due respect, i don't concur to your analysis.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Platony(m): 12:29am On Jun 20, 2018
Omihanifa:
may GOD protect our going out and coming in embarassed

Amen!!
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Horlaslim(m): 12:35am On Jun 20, 2018
This the third time and nothing been done so far.. I’m sure after 3-5days sympathy story have come to past.. #thisisNigeria anyway undecided
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 20, 2018
So Pathetic.... Meanwhile Check my Signature
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by infogenius(m): 12:37am On Jun 20, 2018
Quite unfortunate.

However correct food don done for pick pockets.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 12:37am On Jun 20, 2018
Lives are unnecessarily being wasted due to negligence.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by kokomilala(m): 1:10am On Jun 20, 2018
I'm not surprised. This is a land peopled by irresponsible leaders. Government close shop once it's 5pm.
The waste continues from a wasted generation.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 20, 2018
As complicated as Lagos state driving situation may look, the key to safety is driver education and driving laws enforcement. Drivers in Lagos simply don't follow traffic laws. In fact, there are really few traffic laws to follow and the few that are available are not strictly enforced. One of my first homework in grad school.

"https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=2D2A882CA257BC76&resid=2D2A882CA257BC76%2137374&authkey=AKye5Xyb9m-3LlA&em=2"
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by ifymadu: 1:15am On Jun 20, 2018
Trucks still falling off that bridge?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cirrus SF50 Vision Jet: The World’s Cheapest Private Jet. (photos) / Lagos Launches Uber Boat To Ease Transportation (Pictures) / Aerial View Of Lagos Metrol Rail And The Marina Train Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.