Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN (35050 Views)

Falz To CNN: I Am Not Afraid To Die, Buhari’s Promise Frustrating / Mayorkun Warns Falz To Beware Of SARS Over His New Look / Falz To Hold Concert In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by papaejima1: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2018
BAILMONEY:
HIT LIKE BUTTON IF YOU BELIEVE THAT ISHAQ AKINTOLA IS AN IDIOT angry
Bros, for this inspired comment, I owe you one year worth of 'Likes' on Nairaland grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by rhektor(m): 10:58am On Jun 20, 2018
Omeokachie:
Effect of ban on codine.

This tout threatened to drag Falz to court over the video and Falz called his bluff saying that he will gladly meet him in court.

Typical of cowards that threaten without the balls to carry through their threat, he has now come out to say..., "The Muslim body had announced that it will no longer approach the court to seek a ban on the video."

Now he wants to turn the matter into a Christian vs Muslim affair.

This guy needs psychiatric evaluation to determine his mental status.

Sir this one did not need psychiatric evaluation, he's mad already, his madness is there for all to see

2 Likes

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by zombieHUNTER: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2018
Ategberoson:

stop this your indivisibility campaign. FYI, Yoruba remain indivisible

if he really meant what he said, he made some strong point. during the era of gej, CAN brought theirselves down and turned theirselves in to a political party

I'm a Christians and I must say it confidently that CAN should desist from playing politics in religion, is an independent body and so it should be

we have radical Muslims eg north Muslim and we have radical Christians e.g Southeast... it's only northern Muslim that seek revenge and it's only southeast Christians that don't forgive. wonder how we tend to grow together with all this weird religion chauvinism

My Yoruba Muslim friend
The thread is not about CAN
It's about Muric looking for who to drag along in the mud of shame.... What is your own opinion on the subject matter... Should they sanction Falz?... Was his music targeting any religion?

Ogbeni say something...

3 Likes

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by TurakinNaija: 11:00am On Jun 20, 2018
CAN is not an organisation that responds to trivialities. It's an organisation that promotes Christ like virtues in all aspects of human endeavours.
MURIC as we all know is a mudslinger and rubble rouser, always trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. More than 80% of violent crisis in this nation are caused by Islamic fanactism and MURIC has not seen the reason to speak against that.ie
Boko Haram=35%
Ethno-religious crisis in the North=15%
Herdsmen killing=15%
Cattle rustlers = 10%
militia killing in the N/East=5%
All of these ills are in the North.

While in the South
Militancy in Niger Delta=8%
Armed robberies=7%
Cult violence=5%

When PMB ignored the violent killings of Christian majority in Benue, Plateau, Nassarawa, Kogi and their priest did MURIC lend a voice to condemn the conspiracy of silence?
When all Muslim girls were released from Boko Haram captivity excluding Leah Sharing did MURIC condemn the act?
MURIC is a morally bankrupt organisation established to cause mischief through it campaign of calumny. The best answer to a FOOL is silence!!!

1 Like

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by olaoreawofele: 11:03am On Jun 20, 2018
Your post also shows the bias and hypocrisy of Christians who equate the deeds of a single Muslim to all Muslims or their faith, Islam. We all need to learn tolerance.

CodeTemplar:
It only highlights the inferiority of Muslims who see anything not Muslim as Christian. What a load of crap!
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by Austinoiz(m): 11:06am On Jun 20, 2018
Ishaq Akintola...a product of Afonja and his weak-but-mouthed soldiers loss to Othman Dan Fodio.

I reserve my remaining comments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by blackfase(m): 11:06am On Jun 20, 2018
Rag heads! Can someone pls remove that dirty shammag from that idiots head with a long stick? Now I believe that piece of dung is responsible for his brain diarrhoea.

But I'm glad sha, xtianity giving jihadists a run for their filthy crap. Finally we found an anti-dote to idiotic MURICs madness. #falzokoiyawon

Nonsense!
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:
Even though I'm a Christian i think Muric is right. CAN has been thoroughly politicised during GEJ's era and i won't be surprised if CAN sponsored that Falz video to diss Islam
mumu spotted. so CAN also gave him the go ahead to bash pastors?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by cytell56: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2018
BAILMONEY:
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has asked the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to either endorse or disown ‘This is Nigeria’ video by Folarin Falana, aka Falz the Bahd Guy.

The Muslim body had announced that it will no longer approach the court to seek a ban on the video.

In a statement on Tuesday, its Director, Prof Ishaq Akintola, urged CAN to declare its position on the matter.

“We have no other option than to openly ask the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) if it is behind this move. Is CAN leadership aware of this segregational campaign? Did CAN initiate it or did it just endorse it? Should we also believe rumours of CAN’s surreptitious meetings with high ranking foreign diplomats in unholy hours of the day? Is CAN aware of the security implications of such meetings? Is CAN with Nigeria or against Nigeria? Et tu CAN? It had better not be.

“What kind of people are we that we continue to drag ourselves backwards while the rest of the world is going forward? Election campaign should be issue-based. Religion is not given any room in politics in other climes. Why should we be looking at the faith of a candidate and not his pedigree, his integrity and his antecedence?

“It is a pity that CAN still pushes primordial sentiment like religion to the front burner when advanced countries only consider credibility and ability to deliver. Why is it that CAN cannot tolerate Muslim leadership after Muslims have tolerated Christian leadership for so long?” He asked.

The Islamic human rights outfit also wondered why Muslims should not be allowed to rule for the same long period that Christians had been in office.

“It is on record that of the 16 wasted years of PDP rule, a Muslim (former President Umaru Yaradua) only ruled for two years and he died in office. Christians ruled for 14 years (ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo: 8 years and Goodluck Jonathan: 6 years). So why can’t you live and let live?

“Even as divisive and destructive as it is, the idea of Christians voting for Christians only still remains naïve and utopia. Who told CAN that it can install a Christian president with an all-Christian vote? It is a mirage. CAN is day-dreaming. What if Muslims also ask their fellow Muslims not to vote for any Christian candidate? What do you think will happen? But we will not descend so low. We will not ask Muslims not to vote for Christian candidates. Whoever is behind this video and the anti-Muslim campaign in general is promoting anarchy,” it added.

The organization argued that “Nigeria is a heterogeneous, multi-religious and multi-cultural project which belongs to nobody and it is bigger than any section. For any progress to be made, Muslims and Christians as well as all ethnic groups, it said, have to sink their differences.

“We all have to work together. Nigeria is a wrong candidate for ‘possessing your possession’ slogans.”

Akintola admitted that Nigeria was blessed with good Christian candidates and credible Muslim candidates.

He urged Nigerians to create an enabling environment for the emergence of such good candidates. Narrowing the search to any particular religion or ethnic group, he argued, is not only self-defeating but also counter-productive.

“In a nutshell, we reiterate our conviction that we do not believe in religious politics. We Muslims are prepared to peacefully coexist with our Christian neighbours in Nigeria. We urge Muslims to get their PVC and vote for both Christian and Muslim candidates of their choice. The only proviso is that such candidates must be reformers and game changers, not looters, kleptomaniacs and politicians in the daytime but armed robbers at night,” he said.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/06/19/nigeria-muric-takes-battle-falz-can/amp/

I S L A M - A - B A D

1 Like

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by CodeTemplar: 11:10am On Jun 20, 2018
olaoreawofele:
Your post also shows the bias and hypocrisy of Christians who equate the deeds of a single Muslim to all Muslims or their faith, Islam. We all need to learn tolerance.

If Muslims refuse to condemn the evil of a single Muslim or group of Muslims then they are in support of it. For example had MURIC or any other Islamic body condemned Boko Haram or The killing of Christians by Muslims? No,. That means they support it.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by AerialMapper: 11:10am On Jun 20, 2018
MUMURIC !!!! Yoloba muslim
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by p3repee(m): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2018
Proverbs 26:4-5 [4]Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. [5]Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by JoeShiGma(m): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:
Even though I'm a Christian i think Muric is right. CAN has been thoroughly politicised during GEJ's era and i won't be surprised if CAN sponsored that Falz video to diss Islam
You think ...so nobody don tell you say u no get sense undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by mikeweezy(m): 11:17am On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:
empty brain do u watch or listen to the song?
so CAN sponsored it to also insults pastors ?

1 Like

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by enonche85(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:

Do u have sense at all?...dint u see where Falz dissed christians and even Bishop Oyedepo in the video?. And u feel muric is not politicised under this administration as well?. U think miyetti Allah group is not politicised at all?. Falz never emphasised on Islam as a problem in the country in the video but herdsmen and terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by zegxy: 11:20am On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:
You are lying Mister, CAN has nothing to do with that video. Did you watched the video at all ?
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by Lagos4me: 11:21am On Jun 20, 2018
This terrorist is just looking for a way to insult CAN, Jesus Christ never told Christians or CAN to fight for him, like Allah told Muslims to do for him, why dragging CAN into your madness, you said you want to go to court and nobody stops you, does CAN look like court or Allah? It seems there is no good mumuric except the dead ones.

1 Like

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by zeembab(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2018
I CANNOT BELIEVE AM READING THIS IN 2018.

NIGERIA IS DOOMED AS WE HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY BRAINWASHED BY THE TWO FOREIGN RELIGION.

I THINK WE WILL BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT RELIGION IN NIGERIA. WE ALL SEEM TO HIDE OUR INEPTITUDE BEHIND RELIGION.

WHOEVER THINK THE PROLIFERATION OF CHURCHES AND MOSQUES IN NIGERIA IS TO SAVE SOULS IS A FOOL. WE HAVE THE HIGHEST
NUMBER OF CHURCHES AND MOSQUES PER SQUARE METERS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, BUT OUR VALUE SYSTEM IS SO DEGRADED THAT IT
IS BEGGING FOR A WORLD RECORD.

WE NEED TO WAKE UP AS PEOPLE AND START APPLYING OUR MINDS.

BAILMONEY:
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has asked the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to either endorse or disown ‘This is Nigeria’ video by Folarin Falana, aka Falz the Bahd Guy.

The Muslim body had announced that it will no longer approach the court to seek a ban on the video.

In a statement on Tuesday, its Director, Prof Ishaq Akintola, urged CAN to declare its position on the matter.

“We have no other option than to openly ask the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) if it is behind this move. Is CAN leadership aware of this segregational campaign? Did CAN initiate it or did it just endorse it? Should we also believe rumours of CAN’s surreptitious meetings with high ranking foreign diplomats in unholy hours of the day? Is CAN aware of the security implications of such meetings? Is CAN with Nigeria or against Nigeria? Et tu CAN? It had better not be.

“What kind of people are we that we continue to drag ourselves backwards while the rest of the world is going forward? Election campaign should be issue-based. Religion is not given any room in politics in other climes. Why should we be looking at the faith of a candidate and not his pedigree, his integrity and his antecedence?

“It is a pity that CAN still pushes primordial sentiment like religion to the front burner when advanced countries only consider credibility and ability to deliver. Why is it that CAN cannot tolerate Muslim leadership after Muslims have tolerated Christian leadership for so long?” He asked.

The Islamic human rights outfit also wondered why Muslims should not be allowed to rule for the same long period that Christians had been in office.

“It is on record that of the 16 wasted years of PDP rule, a Muslim (former President Umaru Yaradua) only ruled for two years and he died in office. Christians ruled for 14 years (ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo: 8 years and Goodluck Jonathan: 6 years). So why can’t you live and let live?

“Even as divisive and destructive as it is, the idea of Christians voting for Christians only still remains naïve and utopia. Who told CAN that it can install a Christian president with an all-Christian vote? It is a mirage. CAN is day-dreaming. What if Muslims also ask their fellow Muslims not to vote for any Christian candidate? What do you think will happen? But we will not descend so low. We will not ask Muslims not to vote for Christian candidates. Whoever is behind this video and the anti-Muslim campaign in general is promoting anarchy,” it added.

The organization argued that “Nigeria is a heterogeneous, multi-religious and multi-cultural project which belongs to nobody and it is bigger than any section. For any progress to be made, Muslims and Christians as well as all ethnic groups, it said, have to sink their differences.

“We all have to work together. Nigeria is a wrong candidate for ‘possessing your possession’ slogans.”

Akintola admitted that Nigeria was blessed with good Christian candidates and credible Muslim candidates.

He urged Nigerians to create an enabling environment for the emergence of such good candidates. Narrowing the search to any particular religion or ethnic group, he argued, is not only self-defeating but also counter-productive.

“In a nutshell, we reiterate our conviction that we do not believe in religious politics. We Muslims are prepared to peacefully coexist with our Christian neighbours in Nigeria. We urge Muslims to get their PVC and vote for both Christian and Muslim candidates of their choice. The only proviso is that such candidates must be reformers and game changers, not looters, kleptomaniacs and politicians in the daytime but armed robbers at night,” he said.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/06/19/nigeria-muric-takes-battle-falz-can/amp/

1 Like

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by middlebelter(m): 11:35am On Jun 20, 2018
I think this Prof Ishaq Akintola should be mindful of the way he is attacking CAN with his MURIC . If there is anything that Nigeria needs, it is unity and emphasis on the things that unites us not division. No matter the way you look at it there are good arguments on both side to strongly disagree. However, permit me to say that God forbids, if a religious war should start today, there will be no winner and perhaps the Yorubas will suffer more than any tribe because that is the tribe that has almost equal proportion of both religion.

Although I am from the political North, in my extended family for-instance we have both Christians and Muslims. God forbids, I cant watch anyone been killed talk-less of my family member because of one politically instigated crisis. If Akintola thinks he's not comfortable with CAN position, he should arrange for a meeting with CAN instead of making public statements that are capable of threatening public peace.

My humble submission before it is too late to manage.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by Bankbio(m): 11:35am On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:

We know ur type
sorry coz it not fools dat are reading.
So bcoz CAN is silent dat what is killing the MURIC
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by steve6: 11:44am On Jun 20, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
Terrorists will not rest until they drag everyone to hell where they belong ......

Yoruba Muslims sef sad

CAN should just ignore these people

Spot on !
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by Keneeby(m): 11:45am On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:

I don't think you watch or even listen to that video. The said video is against the church and the pastors. Nothing concern Moslems in that music video. This MURIC they are looking for trouble.
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by drakeli: 11:47am On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:

In countries like Iraq or Afghanistan, falz would have been beheaded. He's lucky Nigerian Muslims are peaceful and tolerant. Even though I'm a Christian, i wont stop speaking the truth
For every comment you make, you must say “even though I’m a Christian “. Why must you want to shove it down our throats that you are a Christian? You are a Muslim deadbeat liar.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by ManTiger(m): 11:48am On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:

You can never be a Christian and reason like this.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by Ategberoson(m): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

My Yoruba Muslim friend
The thread is not about CAN
It's about Muric looking for who to drag along in the mud of shame.... What is your own opinion on the subject matter... Should they sanction Falz?... Was his music targeting any religion?

Ogbeni say something...

sharap zombie hunter or whatsoever name u choose to bear. there is point in what the muric man said

I don't have time for this una religion nonsense. I'm not a fanatics, so someone like u can't be taming muric shortcoming because u ain't a good Christians with your intolerance
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by holuwarlay08(m): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2018
Lauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2018
Muric is actually a one man freak show grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by jocal(m): 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
What this guy said is actually the real problem we are facing today and guess what the so called muslims are the problem, what would u say about the terrorist group and d herdsmen, are they not muslims? This man must be an ozwo.
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by bimbim75: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:
Hope you are ok Sha
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by 9nice1x: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
This guy is just being moronic... looking for straws to cling on..[/quote]

MURIC and moronic. What's missing please?
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by jahsharon: 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
IamJames:
To slap this guy dey always hungry me

Write your will first because you wont escape alive.
Re: This Is Nigeria’: MURIC Takes Battle Against Falz To CAN by masseratti: 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
GoTV:
can will sponsor a video depicting pastors touching a female member breast during deliverance? CAN will sponsor a video showing Celestians in it? Pls be wise and not be mumuric like Prof Akintola, Yoruba elders should please call this man to order, he is a disgrace to Yorubas who hardly consider religious affiliations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What Jidenna Has To Say About Nigeria Qualifying For The World Cup / Jennifer Eliogu And Her 3 Sisters With Their Mother (Photo) / Nadia Buari And Mum In Adorable Christmas Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.