Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,923 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:30 AM

Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom (20296 Views)

Governor Emmanuel Inaugurates Projects At Army Barracks In Abak L. G. A...photos / Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) / Gov Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates His Divine Mandate Campaign Council (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by deomelo: 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
INVESTIGATION: Collapse of Public Schools: Inside the first-class schools children of Akwa Ibom elite attend

iReportsEducationOCR Project

By Admin On Jun 7, 2018

A black colour SUV with tinted windscreens rolls into the street from a gated house at Ewet Housing Estate, an exclusive residential area for the elite in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital. A little girl, being chauffeur-driven and protected by armed policemen, is on her way to school.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7292450_akwaibomschoolsstory3_jpegf0053faf5ee46ecaf3b0ed80ca315b80

She has her textbooks and writing materials inside her backpack. She also has bottled water, juice, biscuits, and a lunch box filled with cooked noodles to be eaten at school during break hour.

She is the daughter of a top politician in the oil-rich state.

Saint John Paul II School, at Shelter Afrique Estate, Uyo, is a clear example of how Nigerian public officials and the elite insulate themselves, and of course their children too, from the consequences of their ineptitude, mismanagement and theft of public funds as well as neglect or destruction of public schools and other institutions.

The school is owned by a former governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio who, during his eight-year tenure, presided over the incredible and shameful collapse of classrooms in several public schools and the fallen standard of education in the state, despite the boom in oil revenue.

In five years alone, between 2013 and 2017, the state received N1.029 trillion (about $2.8 billion) from the country’s Federation Account

Apart from Saint John Paul II School, other top-rated private nursery schools in the state patronised by government officials are Rayfield International School, owned by a former Nigerian diplomat from the state (tuition fees is N75,000), Dove International Schools, Monef Schools (N60, 000), Sanvee International Nursery and Primary School (about N80,000 for new pupil, and N60, 000 for old pupil), all in Uyo, and Topfaith Montessori Nursery and Primary School, Essien Udim (N44,000).

All of them, except Sanvee, also operate top-rated secondary schools that are also well-patronised by government officials and the elites.

Governor Udom Emmanuel’s children, PREMIUM TIMES learnt, are in some prestigious private schools in Lagos where he lived and worked as executive director in Zenith Bank before leaving to join politics in 2014.

https://www.icirnigeria.org/investigation-collapse-of-public-schools-inside-the-first-class-schools-children-of-akwa-ibom-elite-attend/
Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by deomelo: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
^^^^^^^^^^

During Akpabio's term in office, he did not build 1 single classroom and he ported his wife and children to Lagos while, but he still managed to build and open one of the best private schools for the children of the state politicians and elites to attend.

Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by bros856: 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
Akwa Ibom state, Inaugurations, Maybe people don't understand English again ooo. Where is Amoured Car International Factories in ITU, Akwa Ibom state inaugurated some years back. Where is Shoprite in uyo inaugurated some years back.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by deomelo: 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
bros856:
Akwa Ibom state, Inaugurations, Maybe people don't understand English again ooo. Where is Amoured Car International Factories in ITU, Akwa Ibom state inaugurated some years back. Where is Shoprite in uyo inaugurated some years back.

He laid the invisible foundation back in 2015...

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by winnah(f): 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
Blue3k:

There's already modular refinery projects going on or being planned. The seaport will be delivered after company wins bid to build it. Are you suggesting state sits on its hands till the port is ready to be built. There's Onne port to use in mean time.

Muliple issues just as important:
•What you should focus mind on is why Akwa Ibom is taking so long to get OGFZ. The OGFZA is waiting in them.
•take over Ebughu fishing terminal and getting companies to set up fishing processing plants.
•getting cargo opperations are Akwa ibom airport running.
•ALSCON FG government disobeying court orders.
• Getting FG to use MRO facility for planned national carrier.
• etc

moda fucker keep quiet...........

inaugurate what..... udom is nothing but a fraudster. there is no such thing.....

my office is very close to this said location and i can assure you that there is no such thing.

fine there was an existing market in the said location which all the traders where asked to evacuate the location. since then nothing as been carried out in that place.

can anyone point at one single road/project which he as completed.

the uyo ikot ekpene road that his boss Akpabio left behind, has he complete it. which project as he completed?

2 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by Blue3k(m): 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2018
Lol rabid mongrel does any of this mentally challenged ramblings dispute facts I laid out? The refinery I was refereing to is in Brass Bayelsa. The Amakpe refinery is supppse to be coming back. If you read my previous comment you would have known I already said the market hasbt been built yet. If you cant be bothered to read shut up you.

Blue3k:
The project sounds cool. Anyway can anyone speak on timber and temporary markets site in Eket. Can anyone in area take a pictures if those markets. The international market probably has no pics because there's nothing there yet.

winnah:

[s]moda fucker keep quiet...........

inaugurate what..... udom is nothing but a fraudster. there is no such thing.....

my office is very close to this said location and i can assure you that there is no such thing.

fine there was an existing market in the said location which all the traders where asked to evacuate the location. since then nothing as been carried out in that place.

can anyone point at one single road/project which he as completed.

the uyo ikot ekpene road that his boss Akpabio left behind, has he complete it. which project as he completed? [/s]

Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by searay(m): 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2018
A governor that feels that PROMOTING Civil Servants in the state is evil. Till 2019, how I wish Buhari will used a federal might plus all Civil Servants that are aggrieved to remove this LYING Deacon.
Anything but Udom.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by Toni19: 6:52pm On Jun 20, 2018
Bros calm down tell your thunder to pack well. if the market land gidigba for awka ibom, how much they yor account wey you go take buy common pata or bra for una sister in that market? how many poor people for una side go benefit this mata wey una governo dey plan so? una suffer never start. abi u think say awka ibom be like lagos? leave that thing, make him buld factory, refinery modular ones, call all the pipleline bunkers together and rehab them to make profit for the state, allow yahoo boys to operate legally to generate money. leave dat kaind market for Lagos state Ambode.
HappyNigerian:
if you no say you wan comment make u use your brain because if you talk anyhow against Udom Emmanuel my Governor na thunda wey de vex go fire you
Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by ahmedbanj(m): 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
hmmn $45 Million? issokay!
Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by OttHin: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
BadBlaize:
He hasnt won the 2019 election and he said he has mandate till 2023
Is it your mandate. BusyBody
Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by Oduwils222(m): 10:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
HappyNigerian:
if you no say you wan comment make u use your brain because if you talk anyhow against Udom Emmanuel my Governor na thunda wey de vex go fire you
Till 2023, this project will not be completed.
Just a means of getting into office.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by Kjking(m): 12:00am On Jun 21, 2018
I stay in eket, and i can confirm this, but my camera no good
Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by centoke30(m): 6:47am On Jun 21, 2018
JOETITUS:
NA WAH OH. HOW WILL INTER. MARKET WORK WITHOUT seaport? why is it that in South South where there's so much oIL, no Governor is thinking of Refinery? na wah oh for dis our south south Governors oh
does Ariaria international main market or Onitsha International main market have seaport in their respective states?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Inaugurates, Urua Nka, $45m International Market In Akwa Ibom by aribisala0(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2018
Emaimo:

Bro I'm not an APC member

That is how his toilet mind works: his world conains only APC andPDP members.

If you disagre with him then you must be an APC member.

To be fair that is how many APC folk reason too.

What they forget is over 99% of Nigerians are not in any party

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court voids N800b Budget Signed By Fubara, orders release of funds for Assembly / Soyinka Accuses Presidency Of Using Vulgar Language At Campaigns / Senate Forgery: Judge Orders IG To Appear In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.