Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,098 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? (40047 Views)

Help! Dark Spot Won't Leave My Face Despite Using Many Antibacterials Cream. / Help:dark Itchy Spots Multiplying On My Daughters Leg! / Please What Can I Do About These Black Spots On The Face? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by zombieHUNTER: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
Looks like an allergy

Go see a doctor mehn....

Buhari cannot send you to a German hospital with tax payers money .. That treatment is received for his son only....
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Pavore9: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
Go and see a dermatologist.
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Idrismusty97(m): 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
Too much Garri and sufferness in the land. Try eating healthy, Better than any cream.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by IykeBazz(m): 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
HIV
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by DAntivirus: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
@op stop bleaching, even without the blemishes your skin already looks like an over polished condemned expired fake leather.

on a serious note, check for any recent change in routine, environment or stuffs u use, if its an allergy or reaction then something is triggering it
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Lalas247(f): 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
Mychive:
For months now, I have been having these dark coloured stuffs/layers on my skin of which I had to consult a medical doctor who in turn told me it's an "Allergy" after explaining to him that these dark layers doesn't scratch, itch or pain me except for the blemish it's causing on my skin.
NOT SCRATCHING
NO PAIN
NO ITCHING
Just the colour blemish.

He gave me some drugs prescription which I used for three weeks but no improvement. I went back to complain to him and he directed me to some Gynaecologists in the state hospital.

The Gynaecologist I met in the first week wrote several tests which I should do for me after explaining everything to her which I proceeded to the Lab to do.
Microfilaria test, Stool, Urine and see kinds of blood tests were carried out of which all tested NEGATIVE to whatever they have tested each specimen / sample for.

Took the results to the state hospital weeks after but I met another Gynaecologist (Rotation) who later asked me to go for HIV test after showing her all the results and this blemish on my skin.

She told me the drugs and cream I used for the treatment in the first place won't work, but she reaffirmed that it's AN ALLERGY like the Medical Doctor told me in the first place.
She prescribed another cream of which I have used for weeks, yet, no changes!

Doctors, Gynaecologists in the house, please your help is needed.
Jesus shocked

1 Like

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Femich18(m): 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
phemocheee:
You did not tell us if you eventually went for the HIV test.
lols

1 Like

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by showafrica(m): 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
Looks like a symptom of liver disease but if you feel healthy inside then it's just skin disease. Go check LFT and other checkups if they are OK. Just stop the cream and soap and go on fruits a d water.

1 Like

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by nams77: 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
Dermatologist handles skin issues not a gynaecologist pls. See a dermatologist pls
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Idrismusty97(m): 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
Lalas247:

Jesus shocked
Just realized that, Now i want to pluck my eyes out.

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by soronzo: 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
May be u will try traditional method,I will recommend cocoa oil (palm kernel).U can also contact local herbal traders in d market.The cocoa oil should be undiluted (grade A).
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Oyindidi(f): 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2018
sod09:
Gynecologist for skin shocked shocked
I think sey na only me see am

1 Like

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by dnawah(m): 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
Mychive:
For months now, I have been having these dark coloured stuffs/layers on my skin of which I had to consult a medical doctor who in turn told me it's an "Allergy" after explaining to him that these dark layers doesn't scratch, itch or pain me except for the blemish it's causing on my skin.
NOT SCRATCHING
NO PAIN
NO ITCHING
Just the colour blemish.

He gave me some drugs prescription which I used for three weeks but no improvement. I went back to complain to him and he directed me to some Gynaecologists in the state hospital.

The Gynaecologist I met in the first week wrote several tests which I should do for me after explaining everything to her which I proceeded to the Lab to do.
Microfilaria test, Stool, Urine and see kinds of blood tests were carried out of which all tested NEGATIVE to whatever they have tested each specimen / sample for.

Took the results to the state hospital weeks after but I met another Gynaecologist (Rotation) who later asked me to go for HIV test after showing her all the results and this blemish on my skin.

She told me the drugs and cream I used for the treatment in the first place won't work, but she reaffirmed that it's AN ALLERGY like the Medical Doctor told me in the first place.

pls go take piritone,b4 one week fiam all go clear.
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
Mychive:
NOT SCRATCHING
NO PAIN
NO ITCHING
Just the colour blemish.

Drink plenty of water every morning, for starters
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Yusuf54: 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
First go to a confirm hospital for blood testing ....I no say u get HIV ooooo

1 Like

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Jossycare: 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
I can imagine all going thru your mind.I will advice you stop whatever you are using for now so as not to complicate issues.If you are in Lagos go see the dermatologist at Eko hospital that is where my family use, the old man is good at skin.He has really given us prescription that work well for skin issue.I hope this help.

1 Like

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Bianda24: 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Go to the Iya Alagbo, she will hive you potent concoction.

1 Like

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Bianda24: 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
Go to Iya Alagbo, she will give you potent concoction
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Celsony: 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
I hv similar issues, tho mine is the opposite, i.e is white spots on my skin, it started in 2012 went to several hospitals, did test, tried both orthodox & unorthodox medication all to no avail. Mine is on my scalp (alot), my back & pubic region
I jst pray to God to reverse d condition. Tho when it started it was itching me, i‘m jst learning to leave with it now, i cant even barb the hairstyle i like because of that.
Frm my research online it seems like “vitiligo“

2 Likes

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
Lalas247:
Looks like a severe case of eczema ... ...

Very hard to get rid of but speak to your doctor about it ...

Also ur skin looks dehydrated ...

Most of these nairalanders have very poor hygiene. Look at the phone quality, look at the environment quality, all extremely poor coupled with poor diet. God help them and they are there warriors you see everyday here.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by ddestiny20(m): 8:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
go do HIV test

1 Like

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Donald7610: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
When last did you eat in dream

1 Like

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
Cowmilk:
Likely Lichen Planus
See a dermatologist
U will need a very strong steroid like betamethasone

Aptly captured...this seems to be lichen planus (TROPICAL). Don't attempt self medication...don't just see a doctor but see a dermatologist. A doctor once prescribed a drug that later aggravated my skin condition until I went to see a dermatologist.

1 Like

Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by davillian(m): 8:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
Go natural on soap and cream
No even use any cream self.
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by byemx06(m): 8:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
LazyNairalander:
I wish not to make advert cause am yet to be made an ambassador of Endis G.

But try and check my SIGNATURE

.honestly Endix G. I jus 600
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by byemx06(m): 8:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
LazyNairalander:
I wish not to make advert cause am yet to be made an ambassador of Endis G.

But try and check my SIGNATURE

.honestly Endix G cream is gud. I jus 600
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by maryalloy(f): 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
see a dermatologist
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by GavelSlam: 8:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
sod09:
Gynecologist for skin shocked shocked

cheesy
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by austinauto(m): 8:40pm On Jun 20, 2018
Go for skin test analysis at Woorergold Medispa Plus. A UK certify dermatherapist.
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Deowl: 8:41pm On Jun 20, 2018
See a dermatologist
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Hakeem12(m): 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
MartinCorridon:
Revitiligo ? (Uncle Ruckus fans would understand)

Go and see a DERMATOLOGIST at a Teaching Hospital preferably....

Their services are often expensive (they might refer you to their private practices) but you would likely get the best advice.
Haa, boondocks, we sure understand. Uncle Ruckus of life.

When I was in high school, my biology teacher had the same issue Op has, still has it though. He went for tests after tests, used medications upon medications, but none worked effectively. He later resorted to using some antifungal creams which cleared his skin up a bit, but it never remained the same.
Re: Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? by Lalas247(f): 8:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ire2:

Most of these nairalanders have very poor hygiene. Look at the phone quality, look at the environment quality, all extremely poor coupled with poor diet. God help them and they are there warriors you see everyday here.
It’s really bad...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Man, Efosa Silas Sick at UAE Hospital, Who Knows The Family? / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise / See What Happens When You Eat Garlic On An Empty Stomach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.