Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! (2218 Views)

Kaduna Street Poll: An Eye Opener For Tinubu & His Supporters - David160 (Video) / 2023 Grassroot Movement In The North. An Update / Graduate Tears Certificates In Bauchi State Said Nigeria Is Not A Fair Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
In the West the grant of Regional self-government has on balance been justified. The Action Group Government, led by the Premier, Chief Awolowo, have proved reasonable and competent administrators and, although with the steady run-down of the cadre of overseas officers (Colonial Officers in West) there is bound to be some decline in standards of administration, the advanced educational programme of the Region should in time provide sufficient replacements. The Premier aspires to national leadership and has to this end formed a close alliance with the principal Opposition elements in the North and East.

In the East government has seriously run down. Dr. Azikiwe (“ Zik “), leader of the N.C.N.C. remains in power as the personification of Ibo tribalism, but his chronic unwillingness to tolerate around him men of independence of mind has brought into being a Regional Executive Council, almost all of whom are nonentities. Some of the Federal Ministers drawn from his Party, notably Dr. Mbadiwe, have recently lost their posts through constant but so far ineffective warfare against his personal dictatorship of party affairs. His star may be on the wane. At present he has no serious rival as leader of the Ibos, who are much the largest race in the Region, and although it would be much healthier for Nigeria if his hand were removed from the helm, the time has passed when Her Majesty’s Government could take any effective action to hasten this process. He must be left to the disillusionment of his own people.

The vast Northern Region is still well behind the others in “ progress.” Two-thirds of its 18 million people are strict Muslims, accepting the authority of their Emirs. Educational progress is still slow and there is no prospect for a generation of the Region being able to replace from its own resources the overseas officers who have served them so well. The North fears and dislikes the more educated Southerners and if they were not economically bound to the Federation would be glad to be quit of it.

Colonial Office, S.W. 1. 29th My, 1958.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/memorandum-by-the-secretary-of-state-for-the-colonies-1957-1958/
Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Reelectbuhari: 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
Igbophobia will kill many of una one by one.....

are u people not tired of peddling all these lies from lagos-ibadan express road journalist....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by HajimeSaito(m): 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:
In the West the grant of Regional self-government has on balance been justified. The Action Group Government, led by the Premier, Chief Awolowo, have proved reasonable and competent administrators and, although with the steady run-down of the cadre of overseas officers (Colonial Officers in West) there is bound to be some decline in standards of administration, the advanced educational programme of the Region should in time provide sufficient replacements. The Premier aspires to national leadership and has to this end formed a close alliance with the principal Opposition elements in the North and East.

In the East government has seriously run down. Dr. Azikiwe (“ Zik “), leader of the N.C.N.C. remains in power as the personification of Ibo tribalism, but his chronic unwillingness to tolerate around him men of independence of mind has brought into being a Regional Executive Council, almost all of whom are nonentities. Some of the Federal Ministers drawn from his Party, notably Dr. Mbadiwe, have recently lost their posts through constant but so far ineffective warfare against his personal dictatorship of party affairs. His star may be on the wane. At present he has no serious rival as leader of the Ibos, who are much the largest race in the Region, and although it would be much healthier for Nigeria if his hand were removed from the helm, the time has passed when Her Majesty’s Government could take any effective action to hasten this process. He must be left to the disillusionment of his own people.

The vast Northern Region is still well behind the others in “ progress.” Two-thirds of its 18 million people are strict Muslims, accepting the authority of their Emirs. Educational progress is still slow and there is no prospect for a generation of the Region being able to replace from its own resources the overseas officers who have served them so well. The North fears and dislikes the more educated Southerners and if they were not economically bound to the Federation would be glad to be quit of it.

Colonial Office, S.W. 1. 29th My, 1958.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/memorandum-by-the-secretary-of-state-for-the-colonies-1957-1958/

The last British Governor General of Nigeria, Sir James Robertson praised the intelligence of Obafemi Awolowo.

1 Like

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
Reelectbuhari:
Igbophobia will kill many of una one by one.....

are u people not tired of peddling all these lies from lagos-ibadan express road journalist....

Who is this una? Secretary of State was British.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Reelectbuhari: 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Who is this una? Secretary of State was British.
secretary of state gbakwa oku...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Preshy561(f): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
this hateful being.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
Preshy561:
this hateful being.

Ahh, my umuada, how u dey?
I dey come pay ya dowry. No worry
Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by DrGoodman: 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Our hope, is that you use half of the energy you use to look at people wey pass you, to explore ways to change the roof colour of Ibadam houses grin

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Ziggylady(f): 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Ahh, my umuada, how u dey?
I dey come pay ya dowry. No worry

Hateful Yoruba boy..what a sad life you have .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Preshy561(f): 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Ahh, my umuada, how u dey? I dey come pay ya dowry. No worry
who is your umuada?undecided

1 Like

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
Preshy561:

who is your umuada?undecided

Na you now.
Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ziggylady:

Nonsense! Am i the Secretary of State?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Preshy561(f): 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ziggylady:

very hateful. wonder how he sleeps and wake up like this.

1 Like

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
DrGoodman:
Our hope, is that you use half of the energy you use to look at people wey pass you, to explore ways to change the roof colour of Ibadam houses grin

Please, please....we dont want your development in Ibadan. Stay clear of Ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
Preshy561:

very hateful.
wonder how he sleeps and wake up like this.

Thats why i need you by my side so i can sleep with love.
Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Ziggylady(f): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
Preshy561:

very hateful.
wonder how he sleeps and wake up like this.

Many of them are like that....hateful,envious and ugly.

4 Likes

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Preshy561(f): 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Thats why i need you by my side so i can sleep with love.
stop quoting me biko. drown in hate for all I care.

3 Likes

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Preshy561(f): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ziggylady:

That imperial boy is really running mad. his own is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ziggylady:

Ah ziggy, which one now? This article came from Secretary of State in England. He gets report from the colonies and commonwealth nations. He prepares summaries that he takes to Parliament and Downing Street. This is his summary.

Wetin be my own?

Okay, i go marry you too. I dey come pay dowry for you and preshy so i can sleep well at night.

2 Likes

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ERockson: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ibo is good at changing history. This is neutral opinion as to who is tribal between Zik and Awo...

2 Likes

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Ziggylady(f): 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
Preshy561:

That imperial boy is really running mad.
his own is getting out of hand.

..and quite creepy...His mentions made my skin crawl in disgust lipsrsealed
Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Preshy561(f): 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ziggylady:

..and quite creepy...His mentions made my skin crawl in disgust lipsrsealed
lool,savage.grin
Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Ganiyat72(f): 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2018
Fine light skinned girl, how are you?
Preshy561:

lool,savage.grin
Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Ganiyat72(f): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
[quote author=ImperialYoruba post=68667329]

grin tongue cheesy smiley
Tajudeen my fellow yoruba muslim, you no de taya? Must u creat this type of meaningless thread that only attract hate and insult to yoruba people. Most of u yoruba muslim are but a burden in the shoulders of politically and economically maligned yoruba Christians. If there's any wrong time to a a yoruba christian it is now that u sons of ishmael has stoked the embers of hetrade between yoruba christians and Igbo christians. I expect yoruba christians to start distancing themselves from u trouble makers who are ever ready to trade them for CALIPHATE crumbs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
ERockson:
Ibo is good at changing history. This is neutral opinion as to who is tribal between Zik and Awo...

Alaye, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
Preshy561:

lool,savage.grin

Why you allow that girl talk bout your husband like that?
Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
[quote author=Ganiyat72 post=68669309][/quote]

Baba lo ma pa e!

1 Like

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by zombieHUNTER: 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
All these afonja will not look for something tangible to do with their lives....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by zombieHUNTER: 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Alaye, God bless you.

Your childhood memories haunts you my Yoruba Muslim friend

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by ImperialYoruba: 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

Your childhood memories haunts you my Yoruba Muslim friend

Your disillusionement did not start today. Whiteman, a foreigner, confirmed it in 1500bc.

Bloody IDP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mods, What Secretary Of State Said About West, East And North. An EYE Opener! by Preshy561(f): 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
DonPiiko:
Fine light skinned girl, how are you?
pikoo.what are you doing on this hateful.thread?
I'm good,you?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Suffocating, Return Our Patrimony - West Laments / Men Be Careful! Fake Pregnancy Kits Now Available (photos) / Even If They Had Replaced Him With MC Tagwaya 98% Of Nigerians Won't Even Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.