Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,142 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:40 AM

Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges (11245 Views)

Atiku: I'II Defeat My Opponents The Way Arsenal Defeated Chelsea / Oyetola Orders Lockdown In 4 LGAs In Osun From Tuesday, July 7 / 6,000 Illegal Miners Flood Osun From Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Aminat508(f): 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
@AMILOADED

2018: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Its Economic Challenges, Says Lasun Yussuff

As the September 22 governorship election continues to gather momentum from All fronts in Osun state, a leading player in the contest, the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Lasun Yussuff has declared that he was prepared to do anything it takes to ensure that the state recovers from its present economic challenges.

According to him, not even the many blackmails sponsored against his person would distract or stop him from contesting the number one political seat in the state.

He vowed that nothing would distract him from seeking the mandate of the people of Osun to serve them as the next governor of the state.

In a chat with news men in Lagos, over the weekend, Lasun said regardless of sponsored political blackmails, threats and politically inspired smear campaigns from known elite quarters within and outside the state, to muscle him out of the governorship race of Osun state, he is determined to enlist the support of the masses whose interest and welfare is uppermost to put all that he has to get the peoples mandate to become the next governor.
“I am a man of the people”, the lawmaker declared adding that he has a record of unflinching service to the party as a true progressive and “ready to continue the personal sacrifices to make his people happy.

“Those who are engaging in all sorts of blackmail against me are doing so because of my growing political acceptance anchored on my role as a party man and identity that is known to anybody who knew about our struggles of the past in our dear state.

I am prepared to keep serving my people and they are behind me and I will not abandon them for any blackmail no matter where the threats, smear campaigns or blackmail coming from.
I will not allow the blackmail to distract me from seeking the mandate of the people of Osun state in the next election,” Lasun declared.

The deputy speaker who lamented because of the pursuit of political office, people were prepared to employ any means to pull one down stressing however that those engaged in the pull down syndrome were doing so because “they are afraid of the salient records of commitment to service dedicated to a better life for the people of Osun.

He continued: “look at my track records, I have invested all I have in life in the state.All my investments are in Osun. Where a man's treasure is, there his heart is.

I know some who take whatever they have by way of investments and they situate them elsewhere.

Check my records, I have the people of Osun in my heart and I am ready to do everything possible to take that state out of its present economic challenges”.

Lasun advised all political actors in the state to as a matter of priority “put the interests of the people of Osun at the center of their campaign.

The reason we are seeking to govern is to be able to improve the welfare and well being of the people of the state and that’s exactly why I intend to do when am given the mandate to lead the state”.
Meanwhile, Legislative Writers Association (LWA) have urged the Deputy Speaker not to be distracted by political enemies who are bent on dragging his name in the mud

In a statement by its national coordinator and secretary. Austen Odey and Johnson Eze, the body urged Lasun “not to be distracted in his service to the House of Representatives and indeed Nigerians, asserting that the many projects and interventions using his legislative relevance to attract marks him high among other contenders.

They encouraged the Deputy Speaker to stay focussed and take all the smear campaigns as a source of renewed strength in the pursuit of a better life for people of Osun stressing that “in the fullness of time you will be vindicated”.

Source : https://www.amiloaded.com/2018/06/2018-iii-do-anything-it-takes-to-rescue.html

Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by ipobarecriminals: 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2018
undecided is he not part of d present govt?Abi wic magic he wan use?#scam

6 Likes

Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
mmmm, what has he done so far when he is still alive till date
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Authoreety: 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
Jbobi
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by HeWrites(m): 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
Lasun Yusuf no be today.

You guys don dey lie e don tey o.. We no go fall for this one carry dey go..

*Tekno Yawa*

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by englishmart(m): 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
this is exactly how I saw it in my dream. My dreams never fail.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Ojuororun(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
Useless leaders .......mtchewwwww undecided
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by SirLakes: 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
Tweeeew

Nonsense
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Nevee: 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
Honestly, Lasun doesn’t come off to me as one who is at least capable of sustaining the development Osun is currently witnessing. This is a critical time in Osun’s history. We can’t afford to go back to the days Oyinlola, Adejare Bello and Peter Power would sit under “abe igi anu” to stab our monthly allocation, most likely under the influence of Beer and pepper soup, only for Oyinlola to wake up the next morning (still with a hangover) to share the leftovers and breadcrumbs to a negligible part of the suffering populace at “gbagede oro” with very deep Yoruba proverbs running freely from his mouth. No thanks to his thick Okuku accent either! The days highend criminals like Sunday Igboho were accorded royal treatments as political thugs and tools of the so called government. Never again, my people!

Irregardless of party affiliations, may God give us his own appointed governor that will expedite our journey to the promise land. Osun deserves the best, and the best, we will get, by God’s grace.

15 Likes

Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Firefire(m): 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
Fraudulent element

1 Like

Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by seunayantokun(m): 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
Let them do whatever they like there so long the people of Osun State do not know how to send APC away with their PVC.

That state needs to be set free - it's been captured by the outgoing gov and his warriors since the people mistook them for saviours.
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Awoleesu(m): 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
englishmart:
truly a dreamer...
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by teeeyyy: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
Never shall we see ur party in our state again
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by chiefolododo(m): 8:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
There was a state
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by naijaguy123456(m): 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2018
englishmart:
better you go back to sleep my brother.
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 20, 2018
englishmart:

It was your dream. You can do whatever you like about it. Just realize this is most likely one of those dreams that refuse to come true. undecided
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by omenti(m): 8:47pm On Jun 20, 2018
englishmart:
Joseph... Lift the cup in your dream
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Charly68: 8:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
Stupid man,he did not not do everything to tar the road that leads to his village but here comes a dreamer giving fake promises concerning Osun state.. Very funny man..

2 Likes

Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by tiredoflife(m): 9:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
Nevee:
Honestly, Lasun doesn’t come off to me as one who is at least capable of sustaining the development Osun is currently witnessing. This is a critical time in Osun’s history. We can’t afford to go back to the days Oyinlola, Adejare Bello and Peter Power would sit under “abe igi anu” to stab our monthly allocation, most likely under the influence of Beer and pepper soup, only for Oyinlola to wake up the next morning (still with a hangover) to share the leftovers and breadcrumbs to a negligible part of the suffering populace at “gbagede oro” with very deep Yoruba proverbs running freely from his mouth. No thanks to his thick Okuku accent either! The days highend criminals like Sunday Igboho were accorded royal treatments as political thugs and tools of the so called government. Never again, my people!

Irregardless of party affiliations, may God give us his own appointed governor that will expedite our journey to the promise land. Osun deserves the best, and the best, we will get, by God’s grace.

So to u osun dey develop
The debt wey una go pay ehhh
Even the seventh generation go still dey owe tinubu family
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
All the best to the good people of Osun State and all the best to the gubernatorial candidates.
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by UncleJudax(m): 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
undecided is he not part of d present govt?Abi wic magic he wan use?#scam
Hehehe

Is Osun no longer the state with the second highest IGR in Nigeria ?

I am not understanding
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by activistjohnny(m): 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
he should first of all bring out the padded budget he embezzle in the national assembly. the deputy speaker is a looter.
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Nevee: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
tiredoflife:

So to u osun dey develop
The debt wey una go pay ehhh
Even the seventh generation go still dey owe tinubu family
Yes, Osun is developing and those who know what Osun used to be some ten years ago will not agree less.
Last I checked, debt isn’t bad at all. Economists even argue in favour of incurring debts, provided such debts are expended on the right projects. In this case, I dare say if the present Osun government is owing, it has done so on the right projects. Oyinlola incured a lot of debt too with virtually nothing to show for it. It is not surprising that U.S, China, Japan and Germany top the list of countries with the highest debt profile.

P.S: I am not exonerating Aregbesola of any form of mismanagement typical of Nigerian politicians. If he is found wanting in any way, he should ne brought to books. That said, he has brought a new dawn to Osun and arguably, he is the best governor Osun has had yet.

5 Likes

Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by LegitBoyy: 11:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
UncleJudax:

Hehehe

Is Osun no longer the state with the second highest IGR in Nigeria ?

I am not understanding
OGUN and OSUN are two different states.
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by UncleJudax(m): 1:23am On Jun 21, 2018
LegitBoyy:
OGUN and OSUN are two different states.
Oga...where you de since...Osun wey dem say the economy de tail Lagos?
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Caseless: 1:38am On Jun 21, 2018
I hope he hasn't forgotten he betrayed his party in 201
It's difficult for the incumbent to endorse him.

1 Like

Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by zoedew: 5:43am On Jun 21, 2018
Anything is so vague and imprecise it translates, in this context, to nothing! #grandstanding #strongheadnodeybreakbone
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Axis313(m): 6:18am On Jun 21, 2018
englishmart:
grin
My guy,it's good for someone's health to be daydreaming once in a while.
Re: Lasun Yussuff: I'II Do Anything It Takes To Rescue Osun From Economic Challenges by Chinexanthony(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Osun people don't be fooled by such words. Is this lasun just joining the house today. He has been part and parcel of this administration since inception, what has he done or achieved? Now elections are here again he now wants to do what. Please we resist.refuse to be fooled again. 2019 we the masses will do everything in our capacity to salvage yourself by choosing or voting wisely

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos To Reconstruct Oko-oba Gra Scheme / Odigie-Oyegun 80th Birthday: Akeredolu, Fayemi, Okowa Celebrate Ex APC Chairman / Photos From The Nigeria Senate Launch Of Suggestion Box At Plenary Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.