Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors (14561 Views)

Company Worker Arrested For Threatening To Kill Promoted Colleague, Children / ICAN Delists 14,337 Members For Owing Association Dues For More Than 3 Years / All Yourba Staff Was Fired In My Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Ayo25: 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2018
Please lawyers in the house I seek your advice and help over my tussle with my firm.
They have concluded plans at my firm to arrest my guarantors. The same firm that is owing me backlog of salaries would go after my guarantors because at some point when delay in payment of salaries became unbearable for me, I decided to stop remitting whatever I made from my production for them until I am paid by them.
By the companys standard it is wrong, but there was no way I could manage the situation and as a matter of fact you need money to make money for them which if your production was not up to scratch you will be queried. So because I could not secure another job I remained in the job. At the initial stage I would go out of way to make money for them and remit everything but at the end of the month, bang there would be a deafening silence. No salary. The situation became so bad that at some point I was owed five months.
So I decided enough is enough. So I began to withold the money I made from my productions for them until they pay me too. I decided on this course of action especially because I heared that what they did to people in time past is that after owing staffs for months, they will now pay lets say four out of nine months and brazenly tell you to forget the remaining five or go to court. I do not want to feel used by anybody or firm so I decided that at every point in time I must be with some of their money. So I wont be on the receiving end if they put up any funny behaviour.
So some weeks ago the firm eventually discovered what I have been up to. I was asked to submit all their equipments which I did.
So they demanded that I pay up all what I am owing them. When I did my calculation, they are owing me a little bit more than I am owing them. I asked to be paid my entitlements too. They insist I should pay them first. Someone in their ranks exposed their insecerity that I have been sacked and will not be paid anything if I obliged them and Pay up their money.
They started cajoling me to pay. I offered that they should deduct their their money from my salaries with them.
They rejected flatly and said they will be going to arrest my guarantors.
Lawyers in the house please advise me on how to go about this. I dont want them to go near my guarantors at all.
Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by bomasek(m): 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ayo25:
Please lawyers in the house I seek your advice and help over my tussle with my firm.
They have concluded plans at my firm to arrest my guarantors. The same firm that is owing me backlog of salaries would go after my guarantors because at some point when delay in payment of salaries became unbearable for me, I decided to stop remitting whatever I made from my production for them until I am paid by them.
By the companys standard it is wrong, but there was no way I could manage the situation and as a matter of fact you need money to make money for them which if your production was not up to scratch you will be queried. So because I could not secure another job I remained in the job. At the initial stage I would go out of way to make money for them and remit everything but at the end of the month, bang there would be a deafening silence. No salary. The situation became so bad that at some point I was owed five months.
So I decided enough is enough. So I began to withold the money I made from my productions for them until they pay me too. I decided on this course of action especially because I heared that what they did to people in time past is that after owing staffs for months, they will now pay lets say four out of nine months and brazenly tell you to forget the remaining five or go to court. I do not want to feel used by anybody or firm so I decided that at every point in time I must be with some of their money. So I wont be on the receiving end if they put up any funny behaviour.
So some weeks ago the firm eventually discovered what I have been up to. I was asked to submit all their equipments which I did.
So they demanded that I pay up all what I am owing them. When I did my calculation, they are owing me a little bit more than I am owing them. I asked to be paid my entitlements too. They insist I should pay them first. Someone in their ranks exposed their insecerity that I have been sacked and will not be paid anything if I obliged them and Pay up their money.
They started cajoling me to pay. I offered that they should deduct their their money from my salaries with them.
Lawyers in the house please advise me on how to go about this. I dont want them to go near my guarantors at all.

Make I spread mat here but hold on to the money make we see wetin lawyers go talk

4 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Okiki12: 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
Will wait here to see other people put mouth for this matter
Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Jackossky(m): 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
I want to see how this plays out.
Hold tight to that money oo because right now, you are semi sacked.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by greenmonk: 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ayo25:

Get a lawyer and sue them or unleash efcc on them.

11 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Heartbender: 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
As a lawyer, I can only advice you on phone when I've been sufficiently briefed.

5 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 21, 2018
What are you producing for them

7 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by davibid: 6:58am On Jun 21, 2018
Op your caption na die grin

Meanwhile,

Abeg who knows if any other animal has predicted for Super Eagles grin

grin

12 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Pabloosas(m): 6:58am On Jun 21, 2018
Lawyers, over to you
Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by dermmy(m): 6:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Headline my firm owing is me

2 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by directonpc(m): 7:00am On Jun 21, 2018
What kind of grammar is that on the homepage

1 Like

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Lionhearted: 7:01am On Jun 21, 2018
Heartbender:
As a lawyer, I can only advice you on phone when I've been sufficiently briefed.

Let him know that it wouldn't be free from the onset.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Johnrake69: 7:01am On Jun 21, 2018
This is very common in Nigeria. Most of these Nigerian companies are slave drivers. And certainly, your unpaid salaries is used to fund the luxurious lifestyle of the owners.

You see them on social media flaunting their wealth and same time forming inspirational speakers.

This is the reality of an average Nigerian youth. Instead of us to pursue a goal that will atleast address these Labour issues, we are celebrating a useless bill as not too young to run.

Here is a contact of a young and competent lawyer. Bar Albert. 07069586495. Reach out to him let him write a letter to them on your behalf.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Odingo1: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2018
You are not strong in dealing with them, hold onto that money and never give them anything.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by SirLakes: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2018
Wow, the headline shud be modified abeg

........let me quickly check if your right is in the Nigerian constitution....... wink

1 Like

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by anibi9674: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2018
.ok
Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by 1x2x3: 7:03am On Jun 21, 2018
Firms in Nigeria and their tricks. I hope you have written agreement when you were employed.

5 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by owomida1: 7:04am On Jun 21, 2018
Bro, hold on to the money tight

They can't do anything to your guarantors. I repeat,it is an empty threat. I am not a lawyer but I've been there before.

They should sue you to court if they have a legal standing in this case too. Tell them like that, in fact, let your guarantors know what you have done so everyone is aware. No shaking oh, unless u are a weakling.

Keep oral evidences too, in case it blows out of proportion. A few sacked employees from there too would come handy.

58 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by itiswellandwell: 7:05am On Jun 21, 2018
Hmmm.. Lemme learn.
Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 21, 2018
Well I stopped at you no longer remitting money back that is an offense even if you are not paid you have to leave the job than stealing. Now your actions is going to affect innocent lives this is Nigeria where you know once you have money you can win any court case even murder.

So my dear kindly refund the little you have apologize and quit tho its painful but it is going to save you a lot of stress

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by efilefun(m): 7:06am On Jun 21, 2018
dermmy:
Headline my firm owing is me
the error is from a mod trying to modify the title, the original title is the one u see after opening the thread.
Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 21, 2018
hold on to the money, go to the police and make a report...

5 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by EddieCAD(m): 7:08am On Jun 21, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by lormama: 7:08am On Jun 21, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Alejoc(m): 7:09am On Jun 21, 2018
Speak to a lawyer!
Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by effty(m): 7:10am On Jun 21, 2018
Let them threaten to arrest you. They have no case against you. Period!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by effty(m): 7:11am On Jun 21, 2018
Justnora:
Well I stopped at you no longer remitting money back that is an offense even if you are not paid you have to leave the job than stealing. Now your actions is going to affect innocent lives this is Nigeria where you know once you have money you can win any court case even murder.

So my dear kindly refund the little you have apologize and quit tho its painful but it is going to save you a lot of stress
Kids everywhere.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 21, 2018
Noise!

People that don't have money to pay salaries suddenly have money to hire lawyers and police for "legal" action.

Let them deduct your salary and balance their books

You have already been sacked.

They should not even waste resources processing your sack letter.

Business in Nigeria is something else

17 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by yomalex(m): 7:12am On Jun 21, 2018
NIC ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Mpanyi: 7:12am On Jun 21, 2018
I believe you should pay them their money as you probably didn't sign anywhere you were to withhold contributions. Pay them and sue them for all they are worth. Make sure you have all the necessary evidence/exhibits. My own opinion even though I'm not a lawyer.
Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by chilan: 7:14am On Jun 21, 2018
Send them their money and go to court for your own money and claim interest plus damages. It sounds stupid, right? Yes. But that is the safest thing to do. In this circumstance, they can even allege stealing against you and get Police to arraign you and succeed in sending you to jail. A word is enough for the wise. Need more info, send sms to 08035533560. Please don't call. SMS ONLY!

6 Likes

Re: My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors by Celcius: 7:15am On Jun 21, 2018
You've paid yourself already na.
Withholding company fund and still going to work?
Wouldn't it have been safer if you claimed burglary or craft something to defend how the fund got missing and feign the incapacity to pay, so the fund be deducted from your salary then?

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Live Solution Interview Invitation / Can A B.Sc Holder Become A Principal Of A School Without B.Ed In Any Field? / FG Approves N44 Billion Workers’ Promotion Arrears, Salary Shortfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.