Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom (14571 Views)

Grazing Reserves: Count Us Out, Benue Tells FG / Buhari Has Chased Away Herdsmen From Benue Land - Tiv Group Declares / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:57am On Jun 21, 2018
The Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom has denied the report that he had agreed to cede a portion of land to the Nigerian government for ranching.

Ortom said he did not at any point during his speech at the media and communications briefing on the National Livestock Transformation Plan which took place in Abuja yesterday state that he would cede any land to the federal government.

Terver Akase, Ortom’s Chief Press Secretary in statement on Wednesday said there was nowhere in the speech that Governor Ortom said Benue would give land for grazing reserves, the proposed FG ranches, cattle colonies or any of the related patterns of animal husbandry contrary to the provisions of the state’s Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law.

He maintained that the state had no landmass for cattle routes and open grazing as the available land mass is used for crop cultivation to maintain the food basket status.

He reiterated that laws were made out of desperation to stop the killings, adding that the killings started since 2011.

Commenting on the ECOWAS treaty, the Governor said, “The ECOWAS protocol has not been observed by any of the ECOWAS countries and basic documents and checks are not done on the herdsmen.

The land is no longer there. What existed in the 60s when cattle rearers come around with sticks not guns was that we related very well. There was no problem; there was no fighting.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/20/never-promised-give-benue-land-ranching-ortom/

2 Likes

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by SalamRushdie: 9:10am On Jun 21, 2018
Why must unwilling states be forced to give land ? Kano state has already offered the whole of Falgore forest reserve which is technically enough in landmass and vegetation to host over 200 million cattles forever which is more than all the cattles the herdsmen claim to have .... Strangely the Federal Govt deliberately left out Kano from areas earmarked for the suspicious cattle colonies!!!

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by Paperwhite(m): 9:12am On Jun 21, 2018
Go ahead & donate the land hence mortgage yourself & Benue people to eternal slavery.Meanwhile hear same Ortom;https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/president-buhari-not-responsible-benue-killings-gov-ortom/amp/

6 Likes

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by buhariguy(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2018
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of biafra will not say anything on this.

That the killings by the bandit suswan started since 2011.
SalamRushdie:
Why must unwilling states be forced to give land ? Kano state has already offered the whole of Falgore forest reserve which is technically enough in landmass and vegetation to host over 200 million cattles forever which is more than all the cattles the herdsmen claim to have .... Strangely the Federal Govt deliberately left out Kano from areas earmarked for the suspicious cattle colonies!!!

Paperwhite:
You mind the evil government. undecided Even Sambisa Forest is also there but they chose to leave it for Shekau to continue their blood sucking agenda.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by Paperwhite(m): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You mind the evil government. undecided Even Sambisa Forest is also there but they chose to leave it for Shekau to continue their blood sucking agenda.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by Preshy561(f): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2018
and that umahi is busy licking fulanis ass.

people of ebonyi needs to wake up from.slumber.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by Preshy561(f): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2018
SalamRushdie:

fg sure know the game they wanna play down south.

16 Likes

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:23am On Jun 21, 2018
We must all join hands to resist the imperialist plot of futon jalon

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by Ganiyat72(f): 9:25am On Jun 21, 2018
Osibanjo is cursed

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by buhariguy(m): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
We must all join hands to resist the imperialist plot of futon jalon
and that is what buhari is doing right now to resist the evil plot of bandit by suicidal suswan

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by SalamRushdie: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2018
buhariguy:
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of biafra will not say anything on this.

So why does the govt want to buy ranches for Suswam and his killers ? I don't quite get this perspective

18 Likes

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by buhariguy(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2018
SalamRushdie:

So why does the govt want to buy ranches for Suswam and his killers ? I don't quite get this perspective
this ranches is a good way to expose killer pdp,

By then bandit suswan can not put the killings on herdsmen again because they will now be restricted to a specific and particular area.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by SalamRushdie: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2018
buhariguy:

By then bandit suswan can not put the killings on herdsmen again because they will now be restricted to a specific and particular area.

In that case wouldn't it be better to build this mega Ranch in the Falgore Forest reserve in Kano very far from Benue so Suswam and co won't have reason to lie against killer herdsmen again na ?

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by magoo10(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2018
You cannot be forcing ranches on state and when the killings start you blame it on perceived opposition. There is massive land areas in places like sambisa forest why not take your ranches there than forcing it on people who enjoy legitimate rights like these killer herds men.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2018
SalamRushdie:

In that case wouldn't it be better to build this mega Ranch in the Falgore Forest reserve in Kano very far from Benue so Suswam and co won't have reason to lie against killer herdsmen again na ?
don't mind the Fulani guy.This people take us all to be fools and I don't blame them rather our cowardly southern politicians.All the southerners in the stupid panel that recommended this are fools beginning from VP Yemi Osinbanjo to Gov Umahi

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by SalamRushdie: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

don't mind the Fulani guy.This people take us all to be fools and I don't blame them rather our cowardly southern politicians.All the southerners in the stupid panel that recommended this are fools beginning from VP Yemi Osinbanjo to Gov Umahi

I swear they really take us for fools and I don't blame them but the lack of unity within the South...Any State that agrees to those ranches will become a Fulani state in just 20 years..you can ask those in his north local govt

9 Likes

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by cjrane: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
The Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom has denied the report that he had agreed to cede a portion of land to the Nigerian government for ranching.

Ortom said he did not at any point during his speech at the media and communications briefing on the National Livestock Transformation Plan which took place in Abuja yesterday state that he would cede any land to the federal government.

Terver Akase, Ortom’s Chief Press Secretary in statement on Wednesday said there was nowhere in the speech that Governor Ortom said Benue would give land for grazing reserves, the proposed FG ranches, cattle colonies or any of the related patterns of animal husbandry contrary to the provisions of the state’s Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law.

He maintained that the state had no landmass for cattle routes and open grazing as the available land mass is used for crop cultivation to maintain the food basket status.

He reiterated that laws were made out of desperation to stop the killings, adding that the killings started since 2011.

Commenting on the ECOWAS treaty, the Governor said, “The ECOWAS protocol has not been observed by any of the ECOWAS countries and basic documents and checks are not done on the herdsmen.

The land is no longer there. What existed in the 60s when cattle rearers come around with sticks not guns was that we related very well. There was no problem; there was no fighting.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/20/never-promised-give-benue-land-ranching-ortom/

Everybody who has looked at Nigeria's map know that the states with largest land mass to accommodate any type or size of ranch are the north West states NW.

I noticed the terror kingpin in Abuja cleverly removed Katsina, Kano, Sokoto, Kebbi etc from his grazing fields. If the NW states own and benefit from these cattle business the most, why not build the ranches there and let other states go there to get the goods and distribute nationwide?

Why go to places where there is already severe land scarcity and try to annex the little land left for farming and try to build cow reserve areas there?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2018
where is lalasticlala!! why is this thread not on fp?
Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
cjrane:

Everybody who has looked at Nigeria's map know that the states with largest land mass to accommodate any type or size of ranch are the north West states NW.

I noticed the terror kingpin in Abuja cleverly removed Katsina, Kano, Sokoto, Kebbi etc from his grazing fields. If the NW states own and benefit from these cattle business the most, why not build the ranches there and let other states go there to get the goods and distribute nationwide?

Why go to places where there is already severe land scarcity and try to annex the little land left for farming and try to build cow reserve areas there?

Don't ind them.These people know exactly what there are doing.There are pursuing the expationist agenda of Othman dan fodio.Their ancestor could not reach the middle belt and southern part of Nigeria and now his descendants are out to continue the jihad under the guise of grazing colony

9 Likes

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by EddyNumerouno(m): 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
buhariguy:

Who did this to you?

6 Likes

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by tolexy007(m): 1:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
shocked
Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by emmyt2: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
The problem of this country is our politicians they lie a lot.
Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by Balyz: 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
While no state can be forced to give it's land for the ranches, the FG has the right to purchase land anywhere it deems fit to do whatsoever it likes. Also the land use act gives the FG the power to appropriate land in some instances for national development

1 Like

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by Guidette(f): 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom

Abeg, which word is this one? Or am I the only one seeing this error? OP change the title asap.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by bamac(m): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
where is lalasticlala!! why is this thread not on fp?
Because the promisted should be promised.
Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by awoofawoo: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
buhariguy:

Ori man yi pe rara.....shior! Aboki with roundabout logic angry

5 Likes

Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by Patosky4U: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
This man still d talk? Look at how u have turn my dearest Benue into.

#will shall see@2019
Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by emmyt2: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
The problem with our politicians is that most of them are liar's
Re: I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
buhariguy:

Yes...!! It's good but it should only be done in the Core Muslims North. Leave Christians land alone. We don't want Jihadists disguised as herdsmen.

No place for Sharia in Christian lands of middle belt and whole of South

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Transported N4.7bn Poll Funds For Obanikoro, Ex-aide Confesses / "There Will Be No Electronic Voting In 2019"-mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman Says / 2019: PDP Panel Grills Atiku, Saraki, Makarfi, Others Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.