Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. (39110 Views)

Uniben Final Year Graduating Student Spray Money After Final Year Semester Exam / Timi Adelakun Breaks South Broward School's Records With A Record-Setting GPA / PLS Help, I Had A GPA Of 3.82 In 100 Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by izuzu: 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2018
First things first. STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA! Nairaland,Instagram,,Snapchat. Etc. Attend clases PROMPTLY. Then Take extra classes/tutorials. ( This should work ,unless uve got no interest whatsoever in academics,if not, determine ur area of deep sincere interest and pursue aggressively. NO TIME ) All d best Amaka

1 Like

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by peterphd(m): 10:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
zicoraads:

I stay in Minna. I have a friend who graduated from that department with a first. His lil sister just finished serving and graduated with a very high 2:1.

You need to be very serious to pull a 2:1 off. Ignore those who told you to re-sit for JAMB. A first class is not a guarantee that you'll make it in life. The labour market is a different ball game altogether.

If you would like my friend's sister to maybe serve as a guide or a mentor, indicate interest by saying it. But know that if you do and I plead with her to assist you academically, you must be willing to give you all to it. If you know you won't be able to, then don't bother.

Cheers!

If you're in mx, we should meet up bruh. Mx hangout
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Meesquared000(m): 10:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
DanXplore:

Op, others will not tell you the truth but I will.

Your brain is full of fufu.

I would have suggested farming but you might kill all the crops
God! I've been laughing off my ass. what kinda comment is this?

OP you need to sit up. it's possible to get 2 1 buh 1 1. far fetched. F already
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by itzprezy(m): 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
I will only advice u to write another jamb n don't choose futminna or mee again.futminna no be seresere.if u kknow success time quote in futminna

1 Like

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by olabukolami(m): 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
for ur mind why u self go they get grade way if the gp fit be credit he no fit flash grin 0.2 success time you can do it alone o Futminna no be sherershere o
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by lordgolden1(m): 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:
no I stay with my girlfriends off campus
wehdone, and u want to get first class.. the only thing that u can get first class is a plane ticket, and that one sef go hard die.. you're staying with ur gfs, clap for ur self..olodo
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Judolisco(m): 10:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:
My name is Amaka afuzor, and i am a student of Federal university of technology minna. Mechanical engineering. 100 level

Before you accuse me of being dull, I had a 204 in JAMB.
I always wanted a first class, but
I decided to check my result yesterday only to see F parallel and some good grades out of 10 courses.
Pls am 22 and I need to pass so I can get a good job after graduation.
I know I didn't give my books much attention this semester.

I am confused because I will be asked to withdraw if I get a cgpa less than 2.0 on a scale of 5 after second semester and don't meet the 10-8-8 requirement which I am very far from.

CAN I GRADUATE WITH A FIRST CLASS STILL?
Tell me the honest truth, I can handle it.

Pls who knows how many percentage of final cgpa the first year performance takes In futminna

I'll tell u d Truth jst forget 1st class and focus on 2'1 u wil even b lucky to get 2'1 self m talking from experience

1 Like

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
Who told you that you need a first class to get a good job.
I will advise you to read and pass your exams. Everything is worth fighting for but nothing is worth dieing for.

Do your best and graduate but then get a skill and survive in Nigeria
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by unbrandedspace(m): 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
girl take my advice for free. Sit for another jamb and look for another course. You can't stay off campus in year 1 and get any meaningful gp, without tutorials at night on the campus. I finished from the same sch in the same department. Girl u can't finish with any good grade again, infact if u continue u won't even graduate with ur mate so no need. I start with 4.04 in my first semester and i ended up with 3.70. Here is my no 08062334243, call me asap let me advice u, i don't enjoy typing
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Jubizy(m): 10:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
your long term target of graduating with a good grade.[/quote]

This one is angry o...
But legit points tho
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by IamPlato(m): 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:
I will do all this thanks

Who Says You Cant Make The First Class? Those Are People Who Cant meet Up To Struggles.

Although You Messed Up but You Can Meet Up. You Will Have To Give The Internet And Facebooking a Break for About 4 years in Order To Focus On Studies. Read And Study Like You Are Born For It...

Be Addicted To Your Books... Just Use These Four Years For School. Its Nothing Compared To Years You Will still Spend Enjoying Your Life After..

Get This Clear Now, first Class Doesnt Promise You A Great Life Out There... Your Skills, talents, ideas, are The Start Of Success...
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by iamKeo(m): 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
jaksmillioniar:
ibo girl education us not for evrybody go registered in baby factry

Tryna sound smart when you can't spell stupid ass idiot.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by maiTurawa(m): 11:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
Most people with the lowest College GPA can't spell well (but to my surprise, you can spell very well). I can safely conclude your intellectual blood bank weight above 0.2 GPA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by micflo28(m): 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
You must realise you are in a very competitive department and school. Saddly you can make a first class as it entails keeping a straight high grades all round academic session. I finished with a 2;1 elect elect futo and I am fairing well. Buckle up so u don't get thrown out of school.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by bosman4u: 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
Your head no carry. Honestly, you are a candidate for rustication.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by SlimChizzy4(m): 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
With the way your wrote this, I would have said maybe it was the usual E-center issues dat hit you, but you sounded as if you were sure you didn't deserve more than what you got. As a FUTMITE I advise you seek help from someone in a higher level probably from ur fellowship..... And stop thinking about graduating with First Class now, try to cross to 200level in that same department without being withdrawn or sent to another department, cos that's the next step you should be thinking about
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by joshingjosh(m): 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
Godw1n:
am presently a student of futminna...first and famous if you still have dream of bagging a first class then you need to rewrite jamb because even as it stands no department in futminna will like to accept you for transfer cause no matter your performance dis semester ur will be forced to leave engineering due to 10-8-8

Please what's this 10-8-8 all about.... enlighten me please
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Benblaq(m): 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
collinometricx:

му fανσυяιтє qυσтє
I swear. Even conjoined twins get two different life when them operate them.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by TheUbermensch: 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2018
DanXplore:

Op, others will not tell you the truth but I will.
Your brain is full of fufu.
I would have suggested farming but you might kill all the crops
Eeeen bros easy na. Shoooo

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by wenebunwo(m): 11:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
which school
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by demobaba1(m): 11:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:
no I stay with my girlfriends off campus
This is one of the reasons why u did not do well in ur first semester bro. Move to the Campus hostel (if there s anyone in ur school), tell ur self d honest truth to change ur ways and spend more time with academics. As for making a First Class in Mechanical Engineering, it is not possible. Good luck.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Oficialscenario(m): 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
my sister just go and do Ashawo.. I assure you will get a first class
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by salford1: 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Automatic extra year due to prerequisites. F parallel means you failed core courses like maths, physics, and chemistry.
Haba. Not even an E which is like 40/100 in naija. Anyway, the damage has been done.

You might want to check if you can transfer dept cos it's only going to get harder as you go higher in level.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
You would have taken your books serious and leave nairaland alone.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Amakababe(f): 11:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
Oficialscenario:
my sister just go and do Ashawo.. I assure you will get a first class
you are very stupid. Dirty bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Altern8(m): 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pusyiter:
Your foundation is faulty and your starting point is ruptured.
Go back to the drawing board.
Go write JAMB again.

You are the only one who told her the truth. Poor results at year 1 affect CGPA a lot more than poor results at final year. It is impossible for her to graduate 1st class. Remember she would be rewriting those papers at a lower grade point value.

Since she’s still in year 1, your advice is the best. Restart and be serious. In some schools, such a score results in automatic withdrawal or she would be transferred to another less challenging department.

Amakababe this is to not discourage you but to tell you the facts. If you intend to get that result, start again but make sure that year you’re losing doesn’t count for nothing. Don’t make this mistake again.

1 Like

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
demobaba1:

This is one of the reasons why u did not do well in ur first semester bro. Move to the Campus hostel (if there s anyone in ur school), tell ur self d honest truth to change ur ways and spend more time with academics. As for making a First Class in Mechanical Engineering, it is not possible. Good luck.
My dear I live off camp and am graduating next month with a high Cgpa, that's not an excuse.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
demobaba1:

My dear I live off camp and am graduating next month with a high Cgpa, that's not an excuse.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by ALERT07(m): 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
Change dept Start afresh
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Timidaves: 11:51pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amakababe:
my case can never be sorry with the most high God on my side. His plans for me are of good and not of evil to take me to an excepted end.
I reject everything
Heaven help those who help themselves
Faith without work is dead
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by deedondavi(m): 11:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
A 0.2 GPA IS TOO BAD.. LIKE EXTREMELY BAD.. MY ADVICE. .. RE TAKE JAMB AND CHOOSE A SIMPLER COURSE IN AN EASY UNIVERSITY.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by na2016: 11:53pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pick up yourself and start reading for the second semester, reduce your cycle of friends and reduce your time on SM; so that you can at least not be sent to another department.
I will suggest you look at this as the short term goal while your long term goal should be to make a 2:1.
Please note that 1st class or 2:1 doesn't determine your success in life!
I made one of those classes when they were still very prestigious in Nigerian Universities but I must tell you that most people in my set that did very well in life were not among the very high flyers in that set.

I bet that you can do well, you are the only one that can stop yourself!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

No Date For School Resumption Yet - FG / IMSU Students Killed On Their Way To Jos / Things You’ll Learn In Your First Year Of Medical School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.