Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. (21284 Views)

Super Eagles Land In Ismailia For 2019 AFCON / Super Eagles Land In Russia For World Cup / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by ChangeIsCostant: 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
Nigeria’s Super Eagles have arrived in the southern Russia town of Volgograd ahead of Friday’s win-or-bust FIFA World Cup Group D encounter against Icleand.

The Brazil 2014 Round of 16 berthers flew from their Essentuki base on Thursday morning and were settled in their Hampton-by-Hilton Volgograd Hotel abode a little after 1pm.

Focus has been on the encounter with the Euro 2016 quarter finalists since the loss to Croatia in Kaliningrad on Saturday, as victory against the feisty Scandinavians will renew hope for a place in the knockout rounds while defeat would mean early and unflattering elimination from the quadrennial showpiece.

Coach Gernot Rohr told the media in Essentuki on Wednesday that he had been drawn to a plethora of suggestions in the media space on best formations, patterns and appropriate player-position-cum-strength postulations following the reverse against Croatia, but that he knows what is best for the team and will deploy same on Friday.

“We have watched the game against Croatia again to see our mistakes so that we can correct them. It will be a tough game. We have to be at our best and be more professional with our defending especially from set-pieces.

“We have to be fully focused and not lose concentration all through the game. I believe with hard work we can get a good result. In truth, there is no need to add to the pressure we have now. More pressure on the team will not necessarily translate to better results.”

Captain Mikel Obi, widely analyzed not to have functioned effectively in the advanced midfield role against the Croats, said he would be ready to feature in any position for the team as determined by the coach.

“I am ready to play in any position the coach wants me to play. I am comfortable with either role: offensive or defensive. The most important thing is the team.”

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/world-cup-super-eagles-land-in-volgograd-ahead-of-iceland-match.html

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by 2horsePOWER(m): 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
Iya lama bam'be tongue
They go soon land for muritala lipsrsealed

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by profnigga(m): 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
THERE JST LANDING UPANDAN... NO BE LANDING WE NEED OOO.. IMAGIN 29TH WORST TEAM SO FAR IN DIS TOURNAMENT OUT OF 32. YEYE RECORD.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by okachie1(m): 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
Make dem leave photo o0! Make dem go train for their next match. Who photo epp?
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by PureMe01: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2018
na so dem land against Croatia... mtcheew

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by dlaw70(m): 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2018
They ll soon land naija

4 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2018
INTERESTING!!!

This match is gonna be a WIN for Nigeria...

LIKE for AGREE

SHARE for DISAGREE

64 Likes 34 Shares

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by rentAcock(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
Iceland is trembling right now, they are about to be eliminated

9 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by MrLouisVanGaal1: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
no more hyping
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by willi926(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
I wish una well, go and make us proud tomorrow sha. but something in me still tell me say dis guys go Bleep up.tomae undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by enemyofprogress: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
Beat beater beated

1 Like

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by EBUBS(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
They'll win

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by Angelb4: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
You'll all soar like the eagles that you are. You have the blessings of your President. Go ye and dominate.

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by SirLakes: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
Yippee

Fess to comment
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by Nickizoe(f): 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
no be to arrive. Give us a win..
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by devigblegble: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Tomorrow is my birthday and all I’m asking for is a win from the eagles hope it’s not too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by Acepen(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ya Landed To Get Their Ass Wooped
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by madjune(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Fake guys. Fake jersey.
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by bentlywills(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
The should kuku win oo
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by Chieftaincy01: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Jersey FC
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by SleakBuzzPR: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Eagles land in soup...
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by Danelo(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
My opinion.
great team, clueless coach

I hope Folarin (Victor Moses) won't be falling like Nigeria's Economy

[s]groundnut Rohr should put those players in their natural positions and we'll beat Iceland silly[/s]

I wish them best of luck because even if them win I won't get a dime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by Factfinder1(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Lol who else saw the writeup on the bus....the wings of Africas pride

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by inoki247: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
is dat place they land A praying ground or a practicing ground... Prayer FC aka Jersey FC..
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by enemyofprogress: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
I am not going to waste my time to wash this March becurse I know we are going to be beated
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
devigblegble:
Tomorrow is my birthday and all I’m asking for is a win from the eagles hope it’s not too much
its too much o

4 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by GoldenJAT(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
I just de laugh!!!! I don't know why!!...
Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by Arsenalholic(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
Why can't we EVER hire top class coaches like Carlos Quieroz, Oscar Tabarez and even Hector Cuper?

I watched the Iranians play against Spain yesterday and I was mightily impressed. They were so organized without the ball and lightning on the counter.

I was paying a keen attention to their defensive block. They defended in two organized, flexible blocks of 4 with 2 pressing the ball. Once Spain moved their shape, one of the pressers drops back and allow someone else to step up. It was so frustrating for Spain.

The thing is Nigeria even has more recognized players than this Iran. We mainly lack a coach with the tactical nous to make our boys function as a well-oiled unit.

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by Kellz193: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
Angelb4:
You'll all soar like the eagles that you are. You have the blessings of your President. Go ye and dominate.

2 Likes

Re: 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Land In Volgograd Ahead Of Iceland Match. by lanog317: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ok guys, let's make it happen this time.
GO EAGLES......

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Keshi Ranked 5th Best Coach In Africa, 27th In The World / Arsenal Signs Goalkeeper Ramsdale And Odegaard Permanently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.