Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,935 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? (12240 Views)

To the atheist, what do you think? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof For God's Existence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by johnydon22(m): 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
tartar9:

Supernatural events,in my view,do not definitely prove the existence of God,and I certainly do not see how hearing a voice banging from the skies addressing all humans would change that perception;to me it only proves the existence of the supernatural and ends here.This remains same whether these occurrences are limitations of our current scientific understanding or what science would never profer an explanation to.

It won't be inordinate imagining a scenario where we have a supernatural realm and supernatural beings with this question of the existence of God being much of a conundrum to them as it has been to us.

Amazing response.
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by frank317: 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE ONLY THING I NEED IS FOR THE GOD TO SPEAK TO ALL OF US AT ONCE AND TELL US WHAT IT WANTS (THIS INCLUDES GENERATIONS OF UNBORN HUMANS) INSTEAD OF SPEAKING TO SPECIFIC PEOPLE IN A TRANCE WHICH HAS LED TO MANY MISINTERPRETATIONS OF IT'S WORD AND INSTRUCTIONS.

IF IT'S REAL, THERE SHOULDN'T BE SELECTIVITY IN COMMUNICATING WITH THE CREATURES IT WANTS TO ATTRACT.

spots on

1 Like

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by felixomor: 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
johnydon22:

LOL.

Do you mind dabbling in. There is room for a theistic perspective.

What do you think should be a conclusive evidence for God?

Any prediction consistent with the idea of God as a cosmological reality that we could watch out for to either substantiate or falsify the idea?

I have actually asked this question you are asking before
And finally, I found out there is no type of evidence that can convince a man on the existence of God.

For example,
Even if God appears in person to an atheist,
He can say to himself out of pride; "its a hallucination"
And that's it.

Likewise the other way round,
No type of physical evidence can convince a man who has spiritual conviction of God.

This is what I have come to believe

3 Likes

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by Evangkatsoulis: 8:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
johnydon22:

I don't understand.
Do you subscribe to the atheistic or theistic world view?

I have nothing that would be sufficient proof/evidence to me that God exists.
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by Gggg102(m): 9:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
johnydon22:

Which would you consider a good theory?
an interventionist god intervening in an unambiguos manner.
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by frank317: 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
felixomor:

And finally, I found out there is no type of evidence that can convince a man on the existence of God.
Yet God is supposed to be our creator... Which kind creator be that?

For example,
And that's it.
Ya... Just like how most atheist always argue here that sun does not exist despite seeing it every morning.

No type of physical evidence can convince a man who has spiritual conviction of God.

Did I just here spiritual conviction? Lol... Spirit that does not exist is now convincing u

3 Likes

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by chubbyswit(m): 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
felixomor:

For example,
And that's it.

must you reply these guys for christ sake!?
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by felixomor: 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
frank317:

Yes God is supposed to be our creator... Which kind creator be that?

Ya... Just like how most atheist always argue here that sun does not exist despite seeing it every morning.

Did I just here spiritual conviction? Lol... Spirit that does not exist is now convincing u
Sorry undecided
The post was meant for someone more intelligent than u.
Kindly ignore.

1 Like

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by Martinez19(m): 11:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
johnydon22:

Well you'd have to assume Amadioha wants to zap anybody with thunder

3 comes before 1 and 2.

More like, Humanity exist because Big Bang. grin

I don't understand this one
Sorry, I ran out of subscription.

What Amadioha is willing to do or not is not the crux of the matter instead the crux is that I have certain reliable standard that must be met before I believe in the existence of Amadioha and his stipulated attributes. Can Amadioha or his follower meet them? If no, then I won't believe and he shouldn't blame me if I don't grin, if yes then I would believe in Amadioha.

3 only comes before 1&2 in the steps I set for proving the existence of one's god to me. For one to say that they believe in a god, there must be a reason for them to say that. What is that reason? Can that reason convince me? On one's personal journey, reason and observation must preceed the conclusion of the existence of one's god ie. something must push one to believe in one's god. Can that something also convince me to believe? For it to convince me, it must satisfy and follow step 1 and step 2 I listed. It is only in following and satisfying step 1 and step 2 that 3 comes before 1&2. Understood.

Perhaps, I wasn't specific and explicit in the condition for me to believe in one's god. Here are the steps one must follow to convince me of one's god:

STEP 1: Define and describe your god and it's attribute.

STEP 2: provide an unshakeable, irrefutable and sound logical pathway that leads from observable reality to the conclusion of the existence of that god. ie. how, in what unshakeable, irrefutable and sound logical and sensible way, can I infer, from observable reality, that one's god exist. This sound logical pathway must lead from observable reality to the conclusion that one's god exists not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by johnydon22(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
felixomor:

As long as it remains on the purview of faith, this is correct.

For example,
And that's it.
Even if he doesn't take it as a hallucination, how can he reach a conclusion that this apparition is indeed God?

So to you God remains a matter of stoic conviction.

I on the other is trying to see if there are things that can objectively be expected in a cosmos that God is necessary.

Take for instance: The big bang theory predicted a uniformed universe at every side, research was put out and this was confirmed.

Predicted the cosmic background radiation, confirmed objectively.

The observations of this predictions gives the theory a trustable merit in its explanation of what is, how the universe began.

My question basically is: If God is an inclusion in the cosmos, what are the sort of things we may expect for a created universe or maybe contrast that with our conception of what an uncreated world should be like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by johnydon22(m): 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2018
Gggg102:

an interventionist god intervening in an unambiguos manner.

Alright that makes sense.

Example of such intervention?

But I'm kind of more concerned towards a cosmological conception of God.

Like per say, a creator God.

If God is an inclusion in the cosmos, what are the sort of things we may expect for a created universe or maybe contrast that with our conception of what an uncreated world should be like?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by johnydon22(m): 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

I have nothing that would be sufficient proof/evidence to me that God exists.

When you demand for evidence in an argument yoi actually have nothing in mind?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by Evangkatsoulis: 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2018
johnydon22:

When you demand for evidence in an argument yoi actually have nothing in mind?

Nope, nothing in mind. And I don't ask for evidence,
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by UserX18: 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Nope, nothing in mind. And I don't ask for evidence,

Is there ever a design without a designer.
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by UserX18: 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2018
chubbyswit:
must you reply these guys for christ sake!?

They have to be answered, to bring out their foolishness in them. So they can identify their foolishness. smiley
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by Martinez19(m): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
UserX18:

The is no design without a designer. The question is who or what is the designer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by UserX18: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2018
Martinez19:
The is no design without a designer. The question is who or what is the designer?

Okay, if there is a designer, which you’ve agreed. Who or what the designer is, is a good question...
The Designer is God. If you object, who and what is the designer?
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by hopefulLandlord: 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2018
UserX18:

your point is?
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by hopefulLandlord: 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2018
double post
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by Gggg102(m): 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2018
johnydon22:

Alright that makes sense.

Example of such intervention?

But I'm kind of more concerned towards a cosmological conception of God.

Like per say, a creator God.

If God is an inclusion in the cosmos, what are the sort of things we may expect for a created universe or maybe contrast that with our conception of what an uncreated world should be like?

there are a lot of ways a god can intervene
for example Yahweh of the old testament intervenes very often in a way that shows without doubt he exists.

doing something that does not follow the known order of things. something like splitting the red sea, causing animals to speak, making the earth stop rotating without any adverse effects and then putting a form of signature on it to show it is that god.

we don't know what the other universe would look like.
if our universe was created how would we know what an uncreated universe looks like? and vice versa. we only assume based on how we see this universe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by johnydon22(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2018
Martinez19:
The first question should be to substantiate the actuality of design.

And yes there can be design without designer.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by tintingz(m): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
Deist God cannot be proven nor has prove for his/her/it existence because it does not intervene, why should anybody care about his/her/it existence?

1 Like

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by frank317: 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2018
UserX18:

Okay, if there is a designer, which you’ve agreed. Who or what the designer is, is a good question...
The Designer is God. If you object, who and what is the designer?

U are wrong, the designer is a three headed red elephant under the earth
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by UserX18: 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
johnydon22:
The first question should be to substantiate the actuality of design.

And yes there can be design without designer.
Every reasonable person can perceive all around, that everything we see today is actually of a design, because we ourselves have made designs from what we see, or from our imaginations.
Conclusions have been drawn even from the “greatest scientists” that these are designs..

Also Please give me an example of a design without a designer.
Note: if there is no designer, how did it become a design on its own..
Please reason, and give proofs and facts for your reason. (Give what you’re basing your reasons on)
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by UserX18: 3:09pm On Jun 22, 2018
frank317:

U are wrong, the designer is a three headed red elephant under the earth

Oh now Good, the three headed red elephant under the earth is not a supreme being, it created a design he doesn’t have preeminence over, now has the elephant given us rules, and regulations, procedures and instructions to follow, because if it created us, it is to know all about us, what it demands from us. What our purpose in life is. Where is it, or what has it given to us, or written to us, that this is what you’re supposed to follow, to achieve the purpose I have designed you for.
Then if peradventure, it has, has anyone tried it, and it never failed, have there been witnesses of old, so many things, to prove that yes, it’s instructions works, and what it has told us to know that yes it created the design, have they been proven to be true. Has it ever failed?
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by chubbyswit(m): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
UserX18:

They have to be answered, to bring out their foolishness in them. So they can identify their foolishness. smiley
replying threads like this will only help to massage their ego, and it will lead to endless arguments.
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by UserX18: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2018
tintingz:
Deist God cannot be proven nor has prove for his/her/it existence because it does not intervene, why should anybody care about his/her/it existence?

Have you tried God, and He didn’t prove himself to you?
Do you know his instructions, his laws and his statutes, to know if really he doesn’t intervene?
Do you know His character? And if you do wish not to care about his existence, do you use your own reasoning to judge other people’s reasoning. Is that Even REASONABLE?
Judging a matter, even before knowing about it, I perceive foolishness in this kind of judgement.
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by UserX18: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
chubbyswit:
replying threads like this will only help to massage their ego, and it will lead to endless arguments.

No. It is when you don’t have the truth, that it will massage their ego. God told us to know how to answer when asked about our faith.

If you really know and believe the truth, you’ll know the darkness never surpasses the truth!
The truth will reveal the folly.
There’s always a point, when even to their selves, they sound foolish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by UserX18: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
chubbyswit:
If you believe in God, you’ll know His word always stand true. And it says “Only a fool says in his heart, there’s no God”
This is also a proof of God’s existence, the “fools say truly, there’s no God”.
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by UserX18: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

your point is?

My point is : is there a design without a designer?
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by hopefulLandlord: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
okay
Re: Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? by hopefulLandlord: 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2018
UserX18:

My point is : is there a design without a designer?
of course no! the question is loaded as far as this discussion goes though
However I just answered you so what next?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was the Love between King David and Jonathan Homosexual? / Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship / Checkout A Nairalander's Cultural Praise Sunday Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.