Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps (3493 Views)

Orthopaedic Hospital Performs First Hip Replacement Surgery In Sokoto / Nigerian Girl Dies In Thailand After Buttock Surgery Fails / How To Get Big Breast, Hip And Big Butt?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by ceasyc(f): 2:18am On Jun 05, 2010
[color=#770077]My cousin tried to post this but I think it was deleted here on NL
so I decide to copy and paste/post it for her to see if it would be accepted. PLS SHE REALLY NEEDS HELP---

STORY TAKEN OUT= MODIFIED DUE TO NO HELP SO FAR ON D 29TH OF JULY - IF IT WAS
A LIFE N DEATH SITUATION SHE 4 DON DIE SINCE HER (PERX'S) STORY/EXPERIENCE WAS POSTED HERE = GOD/HEAVEN FORBID!
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by ceasyc(f): 4:33am On Jun 05, 2010
PEOPLE BE AWARE OF THIS KIND OF ILLNESS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAD INJURIES IN THER LEG OR ARM B4

Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), also known as complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), is a chronic progressive neurological condition that affects skin, muscles, joints, and bones. The syndrome usually develops in an injured limb, such as a broken leg. However, many cases of RSD involve only a minor, seemingly inconsequential injury, such as a sprain. And in some cases, no precipitating event can be identified.

Pain may begin in one area or limb and then spread to other limbs. RSD/CRPS is characterized by various degrees of burning pain, excessive sweating, swelling, and sensitivity to touch. Symptoms of RSD/CRPS may recede for years and then reappear with a new injury.
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by ceasyc(f): 4:00am On Jun 06, 2010
contd
The condition tends to result from minor trauma that neither doctor
nor patient expected to result in anything serious.

Typically, someone injures a hand/wrist or a foot/ankle and seems to
be healing well but then begins to develop pain out of all proportion to the original injury.

u can google it. my cuz has been hoping to know what her illness was
4 a long time. doctors, herbalist, etc called it different names

some said its spiritual attack (dem chop n waste her money no be small)
she kept googling it all until she googled RSD/CRPS and all d syptoms fit!

Pls Seun Osewa and others, HELP! do u guys know anyway, anyhow or anywhere
we can get financial help 4 her?
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by perx(f): 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
thx ceasyc for posting and starting this topic
i'll take it from here
hi everyone, the above is my sad story
pls help anybody? charity organisation? how do i get help na
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by perx(f): 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2010
na wa ohhhhhhh
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by ceasyc(f): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2010
Here is a brief excerpt from the
Medifocus Guidebook on Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy

If you or someone you love is suffering with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, it's natural to want to know more about the condition including the causes, symptoms, treatment options, and the possible outcomes. Armed with this information, you can better advocate for yourself and take a more proactive role in your treatment.

"That's why we thought that you may be interested to learn more about the Medifocus Guidebook on Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy - the most comprehensive, up-to-date, and trustworthy resource about Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy available anywhere. Whether you are newly diagnosed with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy or have suffered with the condition for years, this "one-of-a-kind" Guidebook will quickly provide you with the in-depth knowledge you need to take more control over your health and make informed decisions about your treatment.

We are pleased to provide you with a brief excerpt from the Medifocus Guidebook on Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. The Guidebook was updated on April 19, 2010 and contains 136 Pages"
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by ceasyc(f): 11:37pm On Jun 28, 2010
"What is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy?
Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), also known as complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) Type I, is a complex, chronic, pain syndrome that can affect any part of the body, however, it occurs most frequently in the extremities - hands, feet, arms, legs, shoulders or knees. It has been recognized by many clinicians as a distinct clinical condition for over 100 years and has been known by various names including algodystrophy, Sudeck's atrophy, causalgia, and sympathetically maintained pain.
Reflex sympathetic dystrophy is characterized by:
• Severe, chronic, pain - often described as stinging or burning
• Sensory abnormalities - allodynia (extreme sensitivity to touch)
• Motor changes such as tremor or stiffness
• Edema (tissue swelling) and hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating)
• Progressive changes to skin, hair, nails, muscle, and bone
• Increasing dysfunction of the affected limb
"
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by ceasyc(f): 11:39pm On Jun 28, 2010
"Reflex sympathetic dystrophy causes great suffering and distress in most patients. In addition to severe pain, which in some people remains chronic and unremitting, patients may also experience serious physical disabilities and reduction in their quality of life. Most patients with reflex sympathetic dystrophy who experience severe and chronic pain where their quality of life has been significantly impacted also experience symptoms of psychological distress, including:
Depression
• Fear
• Anxiety
• Anger "
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by perx(f): 2:57am On Jul 08, 2010
"The syndrome of RSD is not well understood but it occurs most often after trauma such as a bone fracture or surgery to an extremity. The trauma can also be very minor such as a splinter, sprained ankle, or following intravenous needle insertion,
Sometimes because the trauma may have been so minor (e.g., splinter) the patient does not recall the event or may not have been aware of it when it occurred but much of the time, the RSD is idiopathic in nature."
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by perx(f): 2:59am On Jul 08, 2010
"Sensory InvolvementPain is described as severe, deep, burning, and/or aching (up to 80% of patients)
• Allodynia - pain from innocuous, tactile stimulation of the skin, such as a light breeze or the touch of a feather (up to 65% of patients)
• Gently tapping the skin causes severe pain (Tinel's sign)
• Sudden jolts of sharp pain typically at trigger points (sore points that can occur throughout the body, each of which has a specific pain or symptom pattern associated with it)"
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by perx(f): 3:01am On Jul 08, 2010
"Motor Involvement
• Decreased flexion of the affected limb which can lead to progressive loss of muscle mass or wasting (atrophy) and can result in contracture of the limb.
• Reduced range of motion (up to 80% of patients)
• Dystonia - slow movement or spasm in a group of muscles. The patient may exhibit a clenched fist, fingers become flexed and fixed in position, contractures, or clubfoot (up to 14% of patients)
Weakness (up to 75% of patients)
Tremor where the patient feels like the limb is jumping (up to 20% of patients)
Neglect of the limb (ignoring the limb, disuse)
• Difficulty initiating movement
• Difficult in maintaining movement (e.g., legs may buckle or an item may fall from the hand while holding it)"
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by perx(f): 3:02am On Jul 08, 2010
"Psychological Changes
Psychological changes are common among people with RSD but they are not included in the diagnostic criteria. Psychological changes may include:
• Fear
• Anxiety
• Sense of suffering
• Anger
• Depression
• Failure to cope
• Behavioral problems"
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by ceasyc(f): 3:32am On Jul 29, 2010
STORY TAKEN OUT= MODIFIED DUE TO NO HELP SO FAR ON D 29TH OF JULY - IF IT WAS
A LIFE N DEATH SITUATION SHE 4 DON DIE SINCE HER (PERX'S) STORY/EXPERIENCE WAS POSTED HERE = GOD/HEAVEN FORBID!

BUT WILL TRY N CONTINUE POSTING 4 AWARENESS/PREVENTION/TREATMENT OR MANAGEMENT PURPOSE
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by perx(f): 2:46am On Aug 01, 2010
thanks jor
hisses n shakes head before leaving thread
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by maclatunji: 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
perx:

thanks jor
hisses n shakes head before leaving thread

Sorry, people were only afraid of being scammed. now that we know your story is true, I hope that someone here might be of assistance to you. Cheer-up, have faith in the mercy of God through this your trying period (I know: it is easy for me to say but at the same time it is the truth).
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by maclatunji: 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2011
I know this sounds funny, stupid and basically means I am ignorant but still I would suggest that you invest in getting pure 100% honey and include it in your diet. It is a well known-fact that honey has fantastic healing properties. I am sure you have come across this but in case you haven't I am sharing this link from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex_Sympathetic_Dystrophy
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by maclatunji: 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2011
I suspect that your condition is not totally reversible but your pain can be greatly alleviated and your mobility can be greatly improved. Here is another link from Malaysia :

http://www.thetole.org/ComplexRegionalPainTreatmentCure.html

It suggests that acupuncture could be of help to you.
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by perx(f): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
maclatunji:

Sorry, people were only afraid of being scammed. now that we know your story is true, I hope that someone here might be of assistance to you. Cheer-up, have faith in the mercy of God through this your trying period (I know: it is easy for me to say but at the same time it is the truth).

maclatunji:

I know this sounds funny, silly and basically means I am ignorant but still I would suggest that you invest in getting pure 100% honey and include it in your diet. It is a well known-fact that honey has fantastic healing properties. I am sure you have come across this but in case you haven't I am sharing this link from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflex_Sympathetic_Dystrophy

maclatunji:

I suspect that your condition is not totally reversible but your pain can be greatly alleviated and your mobility can be greatly improved. Here is another link from Malaysia :

http://www.thetole.org/ComplexRegionalPainTreatmentCure.html

It suggests that acupuncture could be of help to you.

scammed  jeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz
well i can understand to some extent cos of fraud, scam, etc around 9ija and d world but i did not even ask anyone on nl for money. i think i asked people on nl to help me for a charity organisation or something like that (its been a while now) because i want whichever org wants to help me to see me 1st

i could have gone to them (charity org) anywhere in 9ija with help from some of my relatives and they will see if i'm for real or not
thanks though. i'll check them out
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by perx(f): 11:09pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^^ i cannot find d honey part but i'll give it a try

"No specific test is available for CRPS, which is diagnosed primarily through observation of the symptoms. However, thermography, sweat testing, x-rays, electrodiagnostics, and sympathetic blocks can be used to build up a picture of the disorder.

Diagnosis is complicated by the fact that some patients improve without treatment. A delay in diagnosis and/or treatment for this syndrome can result in severe physical and psychological problems. Early recognition and prompt treatment provide the greatest opportunity for recovery".
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by maclatunji: 10:24am On Dec 22, 2011
The honey part came from me. Trust me REAL HONEY has healing powers. I feel that it should make you feel better even though it is not a cure O. You can eat it and even massage your body with it- the difficulty is getting the original. Someone once recommended that of GNLD to me sha.
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by perx(f): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
ok thanks
Re: Hip Surgery & Rsd/crps by ceasyc(f): 10:13am On Jan 31, 2012
more on RSD/CRPS

The treatment options that are available for the management of severe RSD pain that does not respond to pain medications, including interventional procedures such as:
Nerve blocks, Chemical and surgical sympathectomy
Spinal cord and peripheral nerve stimulation
Implantable spinal pumps, ketamine

Functional rehabilitation of the RSD-affected limb, which is a major goal of RSD treatment, using modalities such as:
Physical therapy, Occupational therapy
Vocational therapy, Recreational therapy

Managing the psychological aspects of RSD that can interfere with activities of daily living and diminish quality of life, using various strategies including:
Cognitive behavioral therapy, Biofeedback
Relaxation therapy, Counseling and education

Quality of life issues that many people with RSD must confront and learn how to deal with, including:
Performing activities of daily living
Employment issues, such as frequent absence from work
Social issues, such as missing family activities or not being able to participate in outings with friends
Personal issues, such as a diminished sex drive

(1) (Reply)

help save a fellow man from death! #SaveSeyanu From #leukemia / Be Aware!! Learn What Happens When You Have A Low Body Fat Percent. / Body Builder Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.