Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,432 members, 7,800,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) (6833 Views)

The Hatred For Me Is Too Much, Desmond Elliot Cries Out / The Campaign Strategy Of Tinubu's Online Supporters Is Hatred Against The Igbos / Buhari: We Will Not Allow Any Ethnic Group Stoke Up Hatred Against Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
By Wisdom Nwedene

****Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra, A Slap On Every Ebonyian***

Since the creation of Ebonyi state in 1996, Ebonyians have always been marginalised and hated. You may ask by who?

It is not by the Yorubas, Fulanis or Hausa!! Truth must be told!! It is still the same Igbos like us that always see Ebonyians as illiterates.

It is very heartbreaking, devastating and shocking that an Anambra man who ought to see an Ebonyian as his brother, will turn around to call him 'Onye Wawa'.

The day I got the shock of my life was the day my friend who is from Enugu told me not to tell people that I am from Ebonyi state. I asked him, 'Why' ? He told me that they see Ebonyians as fools and illiterates. He equally told me that I do not behave like someone who is from Ebonyi state, so I should deny the state of my origin, just to please him and his people. I ignored him because in life, I have learnt not displease myself to please another person! Secondly, am proud to be an Ebonyian and can't deny it for any reason!

Yes!

Why should I not be given a job just because am from Ebonyi? Not because am not qualified!

The questions remain, why should the Igbos who want a sovereign state of Biafra still hate one another?

Why should we Igbos be talking about Biafra when we don't love ourselves?

Why should we Igbos be talking about Marginalisation, when we marginalise ourselves?

The renaming of a street in Anambra by Governor Willie Obiano shows that there is no love, unity, peace among the Igbos. It is an act every Igbo man should condemn just like Umahi did. It is a slap on our face.

We know you guys hate us but that does not mean you should treat us the way and manner you like.

Ebonyians are wiser now, we are educated, we are hard working, we are farmers and cannot  be intimidated any longer by those we see as our brothers and sisters.

Until we Igbos, eschew the hatred among ourselves and see ourselves as brothers and sisters despite our state of origin, we cannot thrive or get what we want!!

(Wisdom Nwedene is a writer, blogger, editor, contact : Nwedenewisdom@gmail.com Facebook, : Wisdom Nwedene)

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by Cyynthialove(f): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
Cyynthialove has said this before and there is need for repetition. .. . .......

Rivalry, agreement and disagreement are inevitable because those things are characteristics of human beings . Once you remove the aforementioned, then humanity seize to exist.
Even here in Yoruba land, the discrimination is stronger than we thought. Ife and Modakeke no dey take eyes see each other, Ife don't marry Modakeke and vice versa.
What of Ogun ?, some of my people are afraid to marry Ogun man due to juju. As for Ijebu, we see them as lesser yorubas due to their weird life style. We have no regards for them.
I don't want to discuss much about Christian Yorubas vs Muslim Yorubas because even kids can read the handwriting on the wall concerning such matter.
Is it about how Muslim yorubas dominated the civil service without considering Christian Yorubas in the civil service in Lagos until Ambode came on ?
Or is it about how Muslims are building their places of worship in the whole Local govt headquarters in Lagos without Christians having where they clap their hands ?
Or is it about how Tinibu wanted to plant another Muslim governor in Lag govt house until public outcry , hence the nomination of Ambode ?
Should I discuss about Osun hijab crisis ?

Meanwhile, the Op is not who you think he's and he's still the same person that cemented fourth on this thread.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by DrGoodman: 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
Sincerely the truth tho

Same way i feel so pained about the Osu caste system. I remembered strolling with my village paddy in 2004 Christmas period most of my cousins refused shaking hands with him because he is an Osu. I have never felt so much pain in my life as regards to that incident embarassed embarassed

We all really need to work on all these issues in Igbo Land.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by NonsoWow: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
Abakaliki people are not real igbos. The move by Obiano is being applauded statewide. Infact, when you go to the said road today, most business establishments there have already effected the name change on the signages located on their buildings.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2018
NonsoWow:
[s]Abakaliki people are not real igbos. The move by Obiano is being applauded statewide. Infact, when you go to the said road today, most business establishments there have already effected the name change on the signages located on their buildings[/s].

Nwanne stop all this biko

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2018
Wawa Vs Osu Vs Abakaliki Vs mgbeke VS TRUE BLOOD.

1,2,3 ready, Fight.
Make I dey one corner they watch how inyaminri go take finish themselves.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by Ahmed0336(m): 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2018
NonsoWow:
Abakaliki people are not real igbos. The move by Obiano is being applauded statewide. Infact, when you go to the said road today, most business establishments there have already effected the name change on the signages located on their buildings.

SMH
Why the hatred?

Naija!!!! Which way?

1 Like

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by oohlife: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
its a pity Igbo is already a disunited tribe and nothing can salvage so,the major reason i do not feel a thing or try to retaliate when attacked by other tribe's.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
NonsoWow:

Please, can someone tell me why the Igbos will get Biafra with this type of attitude?

The truth must be exposed, the Igbos hate Ebonyians. Smh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by gurnam: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Really sad if this is true

1 Like

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by NonsoWow: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
OP, from your post, it is evident that it is not only Anambra indigenes who can't stand the sight and behaviour of abakaliki people. Even wawa people of enugu state whom Anambra indigenes see as lower beings, in turn see abakaliki people as lower than them! That is enough to tell abakaliki people that something is wrong with them and they have to reappraise themselves and measure up.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by DrGoodman: 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
NonsoWow:
OP, from your post, it is evident that it is not only Anambra indigenes who can't stand the sight and behaviour of abakaliki people. Even wawa people of enugu state whom Anambra indigenes see as lower beings, in turn see abakaliki people as lower than them! That is enough to tell abakaliki people that something is wrong with them and they have to reappraise themselves and measure up.

Apart from these lies, is there anything you can do about the brown roofs of your Ibadan region?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by mangoman00: 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
NonsoWow:
l am Anambra man but this your statement is like that of a fool who has taken weed.My Brothers from Ebonyi should not mind him.He has spoken like child.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by DrGoodman: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
mangoman00:
l am Anambra man but this your statement is like that of a fool who has taken weed.My Brothers from Ebonyi should not mind him.He has spoken like child.

NonsoWow is a proper yoruba man, disregard his useless divide and rule tactics.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by DrGoodman: 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
Wisdomkosi:

Please, can someone tell me why the Igbos will get Biafra with this type of attitude?

The truth must be exposed, the Igbos hate Ebonyians. Smh

until you tell me how the yorubas will achieve oduduwa when muzLems are removing xtians from every position?

14 Likes

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by zombieHUNTER: 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Nwanne stop all this biko

That guy is a cone headed skull miner

You are on every thread and very slow... What is wrong with you.. You are not making me happy

Learn savagery my Man ...wake up

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by LaudableXX: 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
Locusstandi:
Wawa Vs Osu Vs Abakaliki Vs mgbeke VS TRUE BLOOD.

1,2,3 ready, Fight.

Make I dey one corner they watch how inyaminri go take finish themselves.

Abeg, shift small make I spread my mat beside you for here. wink Oya, bring one bottle of groundnut with kunu, zobo and small palm wine, come dis side. The whole show promises to be interesting! cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by DrGoodman: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
LaudableXX:

Abeg, shift small make I spread my mat beside you for here. wink Oya, bring one bottle of groundnut with kunu, zobo and small palm wine, come dis side. The whole show promises to be interesting! cool

What's your advice on the number of skulls being cut in the southwest theae days?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by RareDiamonds: 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2018
Nobody hates Ndi Ebonyi. The shameful rants and actions of few m0rons in Igboland SHOULD NEVER BE INTERPRETED TO MEAN THAT THE GREAT IGBO NATION HATES EBONYI WHOSE PEOPLE AND LAND ARE BLESSED BY GOD. These mor0n are in every tribe. The Yorubas view the Ekitis, Ijebus, Ilajes and Egun in a very bad light, see them as inferior and have low regards for them. The Hausas consider some hausa states as Hausa Banza which means bastard hausa states even the Fulanis consider some of themselves as inferior and servants.

Wisdomkosi:
By Wisdom Nwedene

****Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra, A Slap On Every Ebonyian***

Since the creation of Ebonyi state in 1996, Ebonyians have always been marginalised and hated. You may ask by who?

It is not by the Yorubas, Fulanis or Hausa!! Truth must be told!! It is still the same Igbos like us that always see Ebonyians as illiterates.

It is very heartbreaking, devastating and shocking that an Anambra man who ought to see an Ebonyian as his brother, will turn around to call him 'Onye Wawa'.

The day I got the shock of my life was the day my friend who is from Enugu told me not to tell people that I am from Ebonyi state. I asked him, 'Why' ? He told me that they see Ebonyians as fools and illiterates. He equally told me that I do not behave like someone who is from Ebonyi state, so I should deny the state of my origin, just to please him and his people. I ignored him because in life, I have learnt not displease myself to please another person! Secondly, am proud to be an Ebonyian and can't deny it for any reason!

Yes!

Why should I not be given a job just because am from Ebonyi? Not because am not qualified!

The questions remain, why should the Igbos who want a sovereign state of Biafra still hate one another?

Why should we Igbos be talking about Biafra when we don't love ourselves?

Why should we Igbos be talking about Marginalisation, when we marginalise ourselves?

The renaming of a street in Anambra by Governor Willie Obiano shows that there is no love, unity, peace among the Igbos. It is an act every Igbo man should condemn just like Umahi did. It is a slap on our face.

We know you guys hate us but that does not mean you should treat us the way and manner you like.

Ebonyians are wiser now, we are educated, we are hard working, we are farmers and cannot  be intimidated any longer by those we see as our brothers and sisters.

Until we Igbos, eschew the hatred among ourselves and see ourselves as brothers and sisters despite our state of origin, we cannot thrive or get what we want!!

(Wisdom Nwedene is a writer, blogger, editor, contact : Nwedenewisdom@gmail.com Facebook, : Wisdom Nwedene)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by omenkaLives(m): 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Sincerely the truth tho

Same way i feel so pained about the Osu caste system. I remembered strolling with my village paddy in 2004 Christmas period most of my cousins refused shaking hands with him because he is an Osu. I have never felt so much pain in my life as regards to that incident embarassed embarassed

AFONJA! cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by omenkaLives(m): 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2018
They also discriminate against Wawa ibohs.

I wonder what Wawa and Ebonyi ibohs did to deserve such hatred from their fellow ibohs.

The Osu caste system is on another level entirely. cry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by omenkaLives(m): 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
NonsoWwow:
Wonderment! grin grin grin

Rotflmao! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
omenkaLives:
AFONJA! cheesy

This my Oju inlaw self undecided
Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by omenkaLives(m): 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
NonsooWow:
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by anibirelawal(m): 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2018
In 2Baba's voice

All we need is ONE LOVE!
Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by omenkaLives(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

This my Oju inlaw self undecided
Nwanne, kedu? grin cheesy

Dude, your brothers have been so troublesome and are pushing me to dislike some people for no just cause.

Regardless, despite the insults and the hate they think I bear for your people, I prevented a mob from carrying out jungle justice on two "brothers" of yours who, ironically, stole from an Aboki.

Decent looking crooks. One wore a very neatly trimmed suit and the other a caftan.

This happened right in front of LG office after UBA along bank road. They stole atm cards and were making transfers and purchases when they were caught. I stood in and prevented the mob from doing as much damage as they would have loved to do to them! I ensured they were taken into the premises of the bank after which the gate was locked.. Insisted the police handled the issue since it was purely a criminal incident.

Now, if I were who your brothers call me here, I wouldn't have lifted a finger to stop the mob from doing what they would have loved to do (even though I couldn't stop a few slaps given them from time to time as they sat on the ground).

If I'm lying, may I work like an elephant and eat like an ant!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
Has anyone reflected that the poster might not be Igbo. That the aim of the post is just to cause disaffection among brothers. Be wise guys.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by zombieHUNTER: 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2018
Anyone who falls for this Afonja tricks is a fool

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by Ganiyat72(f): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Sincerely the truth tho

You are too dull to be igbo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) by maestroferddi: 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
Stereotypes and discrimination are not good.

However, it behoves people from Ebonyi to strive to maintain the Igbo identity.

If you continue to act in manners out of sync with the general Igbo behavioural isms, cultural outlook and entire worldview, then the likely consequence will be loathsomeness and being held in low esteem.

I have been traversing through Ebonyi for the past couple of months. I daresay that the quantum of urbanisation of Abakiliki is impressive.

Ebonyi people need to step up their game, it must be said.

Anambra people are known for their commercial/business acumen.

Imo people are known for being trailblazers in education and creative arts.

There is nothing wrong with learning from the best. Getting emotional about it is trying to beg the question.

There is a way Igbo people are expected to conduct themselves. Behaviours and attitudes regressing from the mean will eventuate ridicule and disdain.

In the final analysis, Ebonyi people should do well to prove themselves and earn the regard/respect of their kins, the adoption of victimhood and shirking responsibility will not ace it.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Vigilante Arrested & Tied Fulani Kidnappers. / Kogi: Tribunal Adjourns Indefinitely For SDP’s Election Materials Inspection / Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.