Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Croatia Sure Of Beating Argentina A Day Before The Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Croatia Sure Of Beating Argentina A Day Before The Match (309 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Rehearsed Bicycle Kick A Day Before Scoring Bicycle Kick Goal / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Man Of The Match / Shehu Abdullahi Wins "Man Of The Match", Collects N1m &10 Bags Of Rice (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Croatia Sure Of Beating Argentina A Day Before The Match by potent5(m): 8:42am On Jun 22, 2018
Croatia coach Zlatko Dalic's analysis of the World Cup game against Argentina required a double take.

He said on Wednesday that Argentina would be the "easiest game" for the Croatians in the group stage.

Say what?

Dalic clarified: "I didn't say that Argentina was the easiest opponent. I said that this was the easiest game for us. We have nothing to lose. We are playing against one of the best."

Dalic argued that no one expects Croatia to beat Lionel Messi and Argentina in Nizhny Novgorod on Thursday and so the pressure's off.

"We have three points in the bag," Dalic said.

Croatia impressed to beat Nigeria 2-0 to open their World Cup. Argentina are at the other end of the pressure spectrum. A surprising 1-1 draw with Iceland -- which included a missed Messi penalty -- means the South Americans desperately need to win to put their World Cup back on track.

It's true that Croatia are the underdog in the Group D meeting, but Dalic was being modest about his team.

Croatia went on to shock the football world on Thursday by convincingly beating Argentina 3 - 0 to lead in group D.

http://kwese.espn.com/football/croatia/story/3536709/croatia-boss-zlatko-dalic-argentina-will-be-our-easiest-game?src=com

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Stars Commiserate With Plateau Attack Victims / ‘I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’- Super Eagles C / World Cup 2018: Messi Reveals How Argentina Will Handle Ahmed Musa, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.