Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match (3840 Views)

Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 / Suicide bombers Die In Failed Plot At Super Eagles Match In Ethiopia / Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by bolaoni(m): 7:50am On Mar 23, 2007
Strange things won't stop happening in our country! sad sad

I heard just now that NEPA or PHCN has appealed to
residents of Abeokuta to switch off their electrical appliances
during the Eagles Vs Cranes of Uganda match so that enough
power can be available to run the flood lights at the stadium. shocked shocked

I couldn't believe this at first until the Sport News Programme of
Rhythm 93.7 was read. Na wa o. embarassed embarassed

But if these people knew all along that they won't be able to power
the flood lights, why not tell the NFA to play the match in the afternoon
or even morning sef? embarassed embarassed embarassed

We won't stop making ourselves laughing stock of the International
community. I keep asking myself how we got to this shameful position
as a country

cry cry cry cry

(How come this is my 1000th post?)
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Seun(m): 8:07am On Mar 23, 2007
Why did they choose Abeokuta and why can't they afford a generator?

So they want Abeokuta residents to miss the match holding in their town? How ridiculous.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Razorr(f): 8:11am On Mar 23, 2007
Well, I'm not surprised. I've seen stranger things in this country. Let's ask Obasanjo why the power situation in Nigeria has deteriorated, since he promised us 24hours uninterrupted power supply before he became president 8 years ago. What a big shame! angry
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by bolaoni(m): 8:38am On Mar 23, 2007
Why they chose Abeokuta is what I don't know.

But I am sure the stadium managment were not informed yesterday
that they will be hosting the match. Did everyone had to switch off
during the National Sports Festival or what?

If people switch off their appliances, how do they get to watch the match?
Is the stadium large enough to contain all the residents of Abeokuta?

Some people should be SACKED as soon as they open their dirty mouth
to spew bollocks. The last time I heard some come on air to say the power
situation won't improve until after May

Do we even have sensible people heading our Public offices? They just
open their mouth to say senseless things. WHAT A SHAME!
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by FKseun(m): 8:39am On Mar 23, 2007
I guess they are practising what the Ijebus have taught them, tight-fistedness grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Razorr(f): 8:41am On Mar 23, 2007
They should have a way of regulating power in the state so that adequate power would be available for the stadium. If not, then they should buy or rent a generator that can cover the stadium. grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by brownbaby(f): 8:52am On Mar 23, 2007
How they want to effect that is what i dont know.

Afterall they wont start checking each household,

sure some pple will turn deaf hear to that instruction.

trust nigerians. cheesy
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by bolaoni(m): 8:54am On Mar 23, 2007
Does it mean that the stadium was built without a generator being in place?

This is serious o! Naija sha.

@Fkseun, take am easy o. Our admin is an Ijebu Man o. grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Razorr(f): 8:55am On Mar 23, 2007
@brownbaby That's the point. That's why they sound stupid. If they don't want people to use electical appliances, then they should cut off power from the whole of the state, which would cause katakata!
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 9ja4eva: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2007
All dese PDP States sef?Dey mind send MOPOL from house to house.Dts thrash cos people will want to watch the match.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by bolaoni(m): 9:14am On Mar 23, 2007
Razoor,

If they cut off power supply, the stadium may also be affected. Maybe
that is what they are avoiding. embarassed

Prolly they should task the Rich Super Eagles to contribute some money
so that they can procure a GOOD Generator grin grin grin

@9ja, send Mopol? They will have to summon all the Mopols in Nigeria to
Abeokuta o. How many houses dey Abeokuta? How many Mopol will they
need to monitor all the houses?

I am they are not that stupid, but this is Naija, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by viee(f): 9:16am On Mar 23, 2007
can u beat dat? but den as naijaz, little things lik that hardly suprise us.infact nutin suprises us anyway.@fkseun
very funny!
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Razorr(f): 9:17am On Mar 23, 2007
The logical thing for them to do is get a generator. The other option for them would be to make power available to the areas around the stadium and cut off power from the rest of the state.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 9ja4eva: 9:19am On Mar 23, 2007
Why did dey say dey were ready to host d match den?Kai so d German go c us finish be dt?I tink its best dey do something asap cos cutting residents off wldnt be nice.Na wa oh.8 years wasted.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 2old4that(m): 9:31am On Mar 23, 2007
Nigeria! Such a big country with a big shame.

Atleast they are not even ashame to bring thier foolishness to the public.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 9ja4eva: 9:47am On Mar 23, 2007
Exactly.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by choco4life(m): 9:49am On Mar 23, 2007
what the fuss all about, anything can happen in naija so my advice is :everybody coming to watch the match should come with their candles and that will be enough light needed to power the stadium  grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Razorr(f): 9:53am On Mar 23, 2007
Exactly. What does the stadium need power for, anyway? grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 9ja4eva: 9:56am On Mar 23, 2007
choco4life:

what the fuss all about, anything can happen in naija so my advice is :everybody coming to watch the match should come with their candles and that will be enough light needed to power the stadium grin grin grin

Lmao.Dts so funny.U cracked me up.Anyways off to bed.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by purpleh(m): 9:58am On Mar 23, 2007
Are you guys serious ? Please tell me this is a big Joke.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 9ja4eva: 10:00am On Mar 23, 2007
Ha i still tink it is anyway cos if its nt OGD shld be thrown out asap.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 2old4that(m): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2007
How i wish the people refused thier plea and switch on thier appliances
let the stadium goes off so the world could know the magnitude of thier foolishness.

isnt the stadium suppose to have it own sets of plant that supply power rather than depending on helpless nepa.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 9ja4eva: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2007
Who wld listen to dem?
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Razorr(f): 10:11am On Mar 23, 2007
2old4that:

How i wish the people refused their plea and switch on their appliances
let the stadium goes off so the world could know the magnitude of their foolishness.

isnt the stadium suppose to have it own sets of plant that supply power rather than depending on helpless nepa.

Exactly! Now that would be something! grin grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 9ja4eva: 10:18am On Mar 23, 2007
They def wldnt listen to dem.Its basic.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by viee(f): 10:26am On Mar 23, 2007
it is ok really, lets swicth off 4 our fatherland; think not of wot ur country can do 4 u but,
so, fellow naijas, let do it shocked
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Razorr(f): 10:27am On Mar 23, 2007
LMAO. . . You're kidding right? shocked grin grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Gheorghe(m): 10:29am On Mar 23, 2007
I thought BABA has directed ALL matches to be played in ABUJA

na waoooooooo!!!!

They better get a gen. by any means possible and not play with their lives by tampering with football LOVERS right. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by agnesoseka: 10:46am On Mar 23, 2007
abi
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Anonymous2(m): 10:59am On Mar 23, 2007
something is terribly wrong with the power supply in that town. I read in the papers yesterday that 3 damsels were roasted in their hostel as a result of this PHCN supply of power plus the school's negligence, I think that Abeokuta needs special attention in this regard. Its a shame. sad
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by viee(f): 11:01am On Mar 23, 2007
im not kiddn oooooooo!
i mean even if they want us to vacate our rooms for d eagles bc no arrangement was made for their accomodation, make we do am with luv 4 naija, chikena grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Razorr(f): 11:06am On Mar 23, 2007
viee, if I catch you ehn! grin grin Love for naija ko, Love for naija ni. Let them play the match in darkness and sleep on the playing field! grin tongue

100% Accurate Soccer Tips by Zealnote / Champions League Quater Final Draw: Whats Your Take ? / Tryout For FC Barcelona Lagos Football Academy Ongoing