Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) (3995 Views)

Sudanese Gorontula Fruit And Syrup / Dates Syrup For You (order Now) / Who Has Tried Using Apetamin Syrup To Gain Weight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by marylandcakes: 8:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
The elder plant can be used to to treat certain ailments like flu.

For many foragers, elder (Sambucus nigra) is the jewel in the crown. And there are so many simple and delicious ways of eating the flowers and the fruits you can see why.

It’s abundant throughout the UK, in woods and along roadside hedgerows. From late May you’ll see masses of tiny white flowers hanging in sprays which develop into purple elderberries later in the summer.

Elderflowers have many different culinary uses from drinks to deserts, so if you want to dip your toe into the world of foraging, they're a great place to start.

Meaghan and Harry’s cake was made out of Elderflower cordial

This is a syrup made from the Elderflower

How to make Elderflower cordial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MBhr-kub4Y

Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by Rubyventures: 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2018
I read somewhere that in the olden days because of the healing powers of the elder tree people used to think that the witches hold their coven underneath this tree. I know people who use this to treat flu and other ailments, Elder flower tea from the dried flowers and Jam from the Elderberries.
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by marylandcakes: 11:37pm On Jul 10, 2018
Rubyventures:
I read somewhere that in the olden days because of the healing powers of the elder tree people used to think that the witches hold their coven underneath this tree. I know people who use this to treat flu and other ailments, Elder flower tea from the dried flowers and Jam from the Elderberries.

Very true statement, you also need to ask the tree before you take its flowers or fruits.
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by Rubyventures: 9:32am On Jul 11, 2018
marylandcakes:

Very true statement, you also need to ask the tree before you take its flowers or fruits.

Hope you asked the tree before you collected its flowers? grin grin grin
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by marylandcakes: 8:38am On Sep 28, 2018
Rubyventures:

Hope you asked the tree before you collected its flowers? grin grin grin

Of course now.
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by Rubyventures: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2018
marylandcakes:

Of course now.

grin grin grin and the tree said yes?
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by marylandcakes: 8:11am On Oct 05, 2018
Rubyventures:

grin grin grin and the tree said yes?

Yes
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by Curiouscity(m): 10:31pm On Jun 19, 2019
marylandcakes:
The elder plant can be used to to treat certain ailments like flu.

For many foragers, elder (Sambucus nigra) is the jewel in the crown. And there are so many simple and delicious ways of eating the flowers and the fruits you can see why.

It’s abundant throughout the UK, in woods and along roadside hedgerows. From late May you’ll see masses of tiny white flowers hanging in sprays which develop into purple elderberries later in the summer.

Elderflowers have many different culinary uses from drinks to deserts, so if you want to dip your toe into the world of foraging, they're a great place to start.

Meaghan and Harry’s cake was made out of Elderflower cordial

This is a syrup made from the Elderflower

How to make Elderflower cordial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MBhr-kub4Y

Does this plant grow anywhere in the tropics, and especially Nigeria?
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by marylandcakes: 6:39am On Jun 21, 2019
Curiouscity:

Does this plant grow anywhere in the tropics, and especially Nigeria?

Yes I’m sure it can be grown in the tropics.
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by Curiouscity(m): 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
marylandcakes:

Yes I’m sure it can be grown in the tropics.

I know it can grow, but have you seen or heard of where it has been seen growing?

I need this plant urgently. It would be helpful if the local name is known. Do you know its local name?
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by marylandcakes: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2019
Curiouscity:

I know it can grow, but have you seen or heard of where it has been seen growing?

I need this plant urgently. It would be helpful if the local name is known. Do you know its local name?

You can try and order the plant off amazon.
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by Curiouscity(m): 9:57pm On Jul 03, 2019
marylandcakes:

You can try and order the plant off amazon.

Thanks!

Only seeds and dried fruits are sold on Amazon. The germination process is a bit tedious, such that I don't want to go through it. Would prefer a live plant. I will keep searching, I may likely get it from South Africa or Kenya, or even some other nearby countries.
Re: Medicinal Benefits Of The Elderflower ( how to make Elderflower Syrup) by marylandcakes: 3:27am On Aug 07, 2019
Curiouscity:

Thanks!

Only seeds and dried fruits are sold on Amazon. The germination process is a bit tedious, such that I don't want to go through it. Would prefer a live plant. I will keep searching, I may likely get it from South Africa or Kenya, or even some other nearby countries.

Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Kanwood Food Processor With 6blades At A Give Away Price 6k / Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? / What Is the translation of oku Eko Fish In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.